Hour of Victory Demo

Posted by ElroyJetson

I'm not sure if you guys are into WW2 FPS, but this demo came out a few days ago, and it's getting slammed all over the net. Figured I'd start a thread here.

I actually didn't think the game was bad at all. I'm not necessarily a fan of WW2 FPS games, but this one has an interesting feature with 3 POVs that you can choose from for the battles. A sniper, a commando, and some sort of covert operative I believe.

I'm not sure the demo does those options justice, but I figure in the actual game those will be featured much more heavily. Maybe I'm nuts, but I'm kind of looking forward to it.

What do you guys think?

Posted by clearlytheman

I have this game on Pre Order. I know WW2 games are getting overdone but I will be getting this.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I have this game on Pre Order. I know WW2 games are getting overdone but I will be getting this.

Have fun wasting 60 bucks. Easily one of the worst shooters, or games for that matter, I've ever played. The guns are subpar, the AI is pretty much nonexistent, the vehicle driving is just downright awful, oh, and it looks hideous. This game makes CoD3 look like a masterpiece.

Posted by clearlytheman

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Have fun wasting 60 bucks. Easily one of the worst shooters, or games for that matter, I've ever played. The guns are subpar, the AI is pretty much nonexistent, the vehicle driving is just downright awful, oh, and it looks hideous. This game makes CoD3 look like a masterpiece.

Well to each his own I guess it is good that it is my money to waste.

Posted by ElroyJetson

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Have fun wasting 60 bucks. Easily one of the worst shooters, or games for that matter, I've ever played. The guns are subpar, the AI is pretty much nonexistent, the vehicle driving is just downright awful, oh, and it looks hideous. This game makes CoD3 look like a masterpiece.

Did you drive vehicles in the demo? I wasn't sure if you could or not.

A tank. It's a ***** to control and for some reason you can drive up completely vertical walls.

Posted by ElroyJetson

Haha, didn't get a chance to try that. Will try it later on tonight.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Yeah, it's garbage. I like how you've got the three different paths you can take, but I was able to take out four tanks and an entire army simply by running around a battlefield with a Panzershreck over my shoulder. It makes Unreal Engine 3 look bad.

Posted by Axis

I played it for 1 minute before deleting it. It was the worst demo I've downloaded on Marketplace yet.

Posted by ElroyJetson

It seems they pushed back the release date from the 18th to the 25th, I guess that will give them some time to work out some of the kinks.

I don't know, I kind of dig the fact that it's not completely realistic. It's not going to be the best game ever, but it could be pretty entertaining. Plus there's achievements!

There's a difference between being unrealistic and bad. CoD2 isn't exactly realistic, but at least it's a good WWII game.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Quoting ElroyJetson: It seems they pushed back the release date from the 18th to the 25th, I guess that will give them some time to work out some of the kinks.

No, it won't.

Posted by ElroyJetson

It can only get better...

I'm going to give it a chance. No other WWII coming out this to my knowledge, and it will give me something to do.

Get Tenchu if you need an ugly game or the Darkness if you need a FPS. Hell, the Darkness even has a WWII-reenactment level. But, man, you know a game is bad when they have to remove the demo.

Posted by clearlytheman

I am buying it cause I got it for like 30.00 and if it is that bad I can probably offload it on a quick sale for atleast 40.00. There isnt alot coming out really till Bioshock for 360 I am getting Overlord I will wait on the darkness to see what people have to say about it as I was a bit concerned that Take2 doesnt believe it will be very profitable.

Posted by ElroyJetson

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Get Tenchu if you need an ugly game or the Darkness if you need a FPS. Hell, the Darkness even has a WWII-reenactment level. But, man, you know a game is bad when they have to remove the demo.

Is the demo gone now. I thought it had just come down while they were working out the bugs.

I definitely thought tenchu was worse than this. I felt like I was playing Ninja Gaiden for Game Gear. Hour of victory wasn't nearly that bad.

Posted by clearlytheman

I have tenchu z and am getting hour of victory and many others cause quite frankly it has been a slow year thus far for 360 and I need new games to play. July will be kinda slow am getting Vampire rain but then august will be an expensive month for me with at least 4 games coming out I want September and october also somewhat big.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Get Tenchu if you need an ugly game or the Darkness if you need a FPS. Hell, the Darkness even has a WWII-reenactment level. But, man, you know a game is bad when they have to remove the demo.

The demo for RainbowSix: Vegas was freaking trash, but the game itself was awesome.

Except both demos were great. Huh.

Oh, and it's Rainbow 6. An established franchise... as opposed to another WWII game... except it's not a Medal of Honor or Call of Duty.

Posted by ElroyJetson

Yeah I think I'm going out to get this tonight, I just stumbled on some new screens the other day

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=43831&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

looked pretty good.

Anyone besides me and clearly giving this a shot...even as a rental?

It still looks like ****.

Posted by ElroyJetson

Just pure unadulterated hate, haha. I can respect your opinion. What if I bought an extra copy of the game and sent it to you, would you at least play it?

yeah, of course. But I really don't see the point in this game. It's essentially a CoD rip-off, but it looks and plays worse. And I'm saying looks and plays worse than CoD3, which I consider to be one of the worst and most disappointing games ever made.

Posted by Big Boss

I'm not going to badmouth the external developer that worked on it, nFusion, because it likely was out of the internal production team's hands to say "Hey, the game is far from ready," or, "We need more time to make this an enjoyable game." Any number of things could've happened that made the game bad, but my personal opinion is the game simply shouldn't have been released in its current state.

I'm just hoping our own Blacksite: Area 51, and Chicago's Stranglehold can make people forget about Hour of Victory, if they're pointing the finger at Midway.

Posted by Creedence

I might rent it, I don't have enough money to buy it since the high speed internet bill is due July 14. I have to pay it or else I'm stuck with the crappy dialup.

And I didn't like the feel while I was playing the demo, it felt worse than pretty much any FPS I've ever played, it says you get to pick your character but it really makes no difference, they could have at least made you start out somewhere else in the level. For instance if your a sniper put you in a sniper nest, if you the covert op put you in some dark corner or in a dark alleyway, if your the comando start you in the middle of the fight. Instead it starts all of them in the middle of the fight. A sniper doesn't do well when is being confronted by multiple enemys with MP40s at close range.