i need some advice. im trying to learn to play guitar

Posted by xapplexpiex

im learning to play guitar, i know some chords but i cant move my hand fast enough to the next to make actual music. is there some trick or do i just need some more practice?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Practice
Practice
Practice
Practice
Practice
Practice

I don't play guitar, but I do a lot of illustration and drawing. I'm not great, but I've definitely improved, simply by continually trying. As you get more comfortable, you'll get more confidence and improve your skills.

Posted by MarioStar

Just keep playing the chords and eventually they will be second nature to your fingers also pick each string up then down instead of strumming.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT

srsly. I've been playing piano nearly a decade and a half. Just keep at it.

Posted by Hyper

Remember that for most chords you don't have to take your hand all the way off the fretboard to move to another chord. For example, when switching from G to D, you only swing your index and middle fingers over while you keep your ring finger on the 3rd fret B string.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Start playing Creedence Clearwater Revival. It's where all musicians start to play when they are nubs. When you master a bunch of their songs, you can move on. Also, practice switching between chords, because it's pretty tricky but once you get the hang of it, it's easy as hell. I would recomend playing on a Electric Guitar first, because it's easier to press down on the frets then it is to press down on an Acoustic's frets.

Posted by Shin_Akuma

Just keep practicing the chords over and over and eventually muscle memory will kick in and it'll become second nature to you.

Posted by xapplexpiex

im starting to learn some chords. im working on Gmajor but when i reach my middle finger all the way to the 6th string, its slips off. myfingers cant stretch!!

Posted by S

Quoting xapplexpiex: im starting to learn some chords. im working on Gmajor but when i reach my middle finger all the way to the 6th string, its slips off. myfingers cant stretch!!

Your fingers aren't strong enough. Keep practicing and eventually the muscles will get stronger and you'll become more dexterous.

Posted by xapplexpiex

Quoting Lunairetic: Your fingers aren't strong enough. Keep practicing and eventually the muscles will get stronger and you'll become more dexterous.

thanks

Posted by The Punisher

Ive got a few tips

1. Do warmups using all four fingers up and down the fretboard a couple times.

2. Alternate picking will make you a fast guitarist down the road. Alternate picking is simply playing a downstroke and then playing an upstroke immediatly following. Its a little tricky to get use to but after about an hour of doing it you wont even notice ur doing it.

3. Practise lots of scales!!

4. Check out [url]www.ultimate-guitar.com[/url] They have a lot of lessons that helped me out. I really hope thats not spamming...