I have a few issues I'd like to raise

Posted by Klarth

What's going on? I made several threads on quite a few of my favourite topics in the Off Topic forum, and I was without warning given a two-year ban for doing so. I decided it would be better to not irritate some of Video Game Chat's longtime members by adhering to the posting standards of a commonly accepted member, and thusly, I read Xero's "Wasabi" thread and wrote my own posts in the style of that in order to avoid repurcussions as a result of any potential faux pas I was at risk of making. Unfortunately, despite acting in an identical manner to this individual, my threads were removed (with, unfortunately and foolishly on the behalf of the staff member who deleted them, no traces left) despite being serious, sober, well within the thread criteria laid out in VGC's rules and in the correct forum.

I would like to know - Why was I not allowed to discuss Coca-Cola while Xero's wasabi thread is left untouched? Is there a new rule for the Off Topic section which encourages condiment related discussion but strictly forbids any stair-perambulation, beverage-consumption or woodcutting banter? Please, enlighten me. I would like to know who was responsible for this and why they think they are following a rational course of action in doing so. If possible, the individual behind these practices should be removed from whatever place of power he or she occupies, as they are obviously incapable of holding the aforementioned position without abusing the privileges it entails.

Posted by Fate

If you're talking about the Coca-Cola Blak thread, I ousted it a long while ago. There weren't too many replies and the people didn't respond too seriously. My mod hammer has been benched recently, so as for caring, I don't.

Posted by Roger Smith

Someone deleted your posts in Wacko as well.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Fate: If you're talking about the Coca-Cola Blak thread, I ousted it a long while ago. There weren't too many replies and the people didn't respond too seriously. My mod hammer has been benched recently, so as for caring, I don't.

Oh, no, I'm referring to several threads I created today. They were removed and I was banned without rhyme nor reason. That's not to say this is the first time this has occured; several months ago I returned to VGC after a bit of non-online time and found a super moderator (I forget who) had locked my account in my absence. I never received an explanation for that.

I can solemnly swear I did not transgress anything at all in creating the threads which seemed to provoke someone's ire so severely.

[quote=Roger Smith]Someone deleted your posts in Wacko as well.
Yes, I noticed. I was under the impression that it was an unmoderated area - This action is testament to the concrete fact that there is someone on the super mod roster who apparently finds a need to act out some bizarre, unfounded, irrational prejudice towards me.

What's going on?

Posted by Fate

Oh, well, in that case, I've nothing to do with this.

Posted by Linko_16

I haven't touched anything of yours, but if you get banned for no reason again or need some other kind of assistance, I for one will help you out if you want to PM me.

Posted by Jesse Smith

What waz da threads name? Here's a few deletions.

[code]Fate 12:49, 29th May 2007 Post by Klarth Removed Thread: [MGS4 heads to the 360. Official.]
The Judge 21:29, 31st May 2007 Post by Kaira Soft Deleted Thread: [my pok

Posted by Fate

Yeah, I recall there being a post of his that was completely irrelevant, so I deleted it. But a thread? Uh, no.

Posted by Roger Smith

All of his were in Off-Topic, but if they don't show up in the log I donno. I do remember seeing them there, because I was about to to his Coca Cola one but it was deleted before I could load the page.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Fate: Yeah, I recall there being a post of his that was completely irrelevant, so I deleted it. But a thread? Uh, no.

I'm pretty sure that was me posting for the sake of calling Unite stupid and trying to provoke him, so you're probably quite justified in trashing that.

Thread names? I'm not sure exactly what I called them, but one of them was something close to "Glasses versus plastic tumblers".

Also, why did Dexter remove my post in the Wacko University thread? I'm starting to wonder here.

Posted by Ant

Yeah, I was wondering why you got banned earlier tonight...MOD ABUSE LOL

Posted by Klarth

I'm honestly of the opinion that there's some serious hierarchial reorganisation necessary here on VGC. I'm sure none of you have forgotten the fiasco with Admiral Anthrax a few years ago (it's all resolved these days, though, we're cool). I believe we might be facing a new one of those right here and now depending on how things turn out in the next few days.

I'm not reluctant to admit I've been an annoying troll for the past however long, but hey, I managed for an age without acting all up in thy grills just to elicit a response. Fun's over. Confrontational epiphany time, kiddies.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Klarth: I'm honestly of the opinion that there's some serious hierarchial reorganisation necessary here on VGC... I believe we might be facing a new one of those right here and now depending on how things turn out in the next few days.

Oh, great. Those usually don't go so well for me.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I think I've only deleted one of your posts in the music board lately, and that's it. Guess someone's being a dick for the sake of it.

Posted by Iris

I think it's probably Dexter. He was doing this a few months ago and had banned you before as well. If you weren't unbanned I could have checked.

But yeah, seems there's some sort of vendetta here. I would call mod abuse as well for deleting threads in the Wacko Board.

Posted by Omni

Threads deleted in the Wacko Board? WTFUX...

Anyway, a lot of times I see posts or threads by myself or other people removed, meanwhile there are less relevant threads or posts in the same thread or board mine or someone else's was removed from. It does happen to Klarth a lot.

Posted by Linkman

Quoting Iris: I think it's probably Dexter. He was doing this a few months ago and had banned you before as well. If you weren't unbanned I could have checked.

It was Dexter.

Posted by Iris

And I'm always right.

Yeah, I had this chat with Klarth not more than 2 or 3 months ago and Dexter was the culprit then too. It seems objective moderation is beyond him.

Posted by Iris

That reminds me, why are you unbanned again?

Posted by Omni

Jesse wanted him to ask a super mod to unban him, and he gave Dexter permission to unban him when he asked.

Posted by Iris

Well, clearly Dexter's judgement has been fogged up lately, so I'll deal with it. :D

Posted by Linkman

rebanned

Posted by Jesse Smith

Ho knows who to go to to get unbanned!!! Dexter has compassion for n00bies, just like I do!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Klarth: Thread names? I'm not sure exactly what I called them, but one of them was something close to "Glasses versus plastic tumblers".

[code]42405 Dexter 22:42, 2nd Jun 2007 Post by Klarth Removed Thread: [everyone except klarth and I is gay]
Forum: [Wacko University] 205.215.253.7
42406 Dexter 22:42, 2nd Jun 2007 Post by Klarth Removed Thread: [everyone except klarth and I is gay]
42407 Dexter 22:42, 2nd Jun 2007 Post by Klarth Removed Thread: [everyone except klarth and I is gay]
42408 Dexter 22:42, 2nd Jun 2007 Post by Klarth Removed Thread: [Wasabi]
Forum: [Off-Topic] 205.215.253.7
42409 Dexter 22:42, 2nd Jun 2007 Thread Removed Thread: [TV remotes.]
42410 Dexter 22:42, 2nd Jun 2007 Thread Removed Thread: [Have you ever owned a really good sawhorse?]
42400 Dexter 22:39, 2nd Jun 2007 Thread Removed Thread: [I like breathing.]
42401 Dexter 22:39, 2nd Jun 2007 Thread Removed Thread: [Have you ever had a nice cold glass of Coca-Cola?]
42402 Dexter 22:39, 2nd Jun 2007 Thread Removed Thread: [Walking up stairs vs walking down stairs]
42403 Dexter 22:39, 2nd Jun 2007 Thread Removed Thread: [What colour socks are you wearing?]
42404 Dexter 22:39, 2nd Jun 2007 Thread Removed Thread: [Glasses versus plastic cups/tumblers]
Forum: [Off-Topic] 205.215.253.7[/code]

Posted by Iris

I guess I really don't need to go making threads in the mod board, since it's pretty obvious this is mod abuse. Klarth said he wasn't even trolling, they were generally fine, rule abiding topics with actual content, even if the topics were devised to be similar to current OT topics. The personal bias here has gone far beyond what should be allowed, as this is a recurring problem, and Klarth has actually gotten banned twice by Dexter eventhough he broke no rules.

demod

Posted by Roger Smith

-sniff sniff-

I smell a new SMOD election coming on.

Posted by Klarth

I seem to remember coming in second place last time one of these was held.

Dexter won. Hint hint. Women can't make decisions. :)

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Roger Smith: -sniff sniff-

I smell a new SMOD election coming on.

April isn't for...10 months!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Posted by Iris

Dexter's not even defending himself. Though I figure deleting Klarth's posts, banning him, and then leaving is a pretty good implication that he doesn't want to be a super mod anyways.

Posted by netman

Abusing his powers? What an *******!

Who does that? honestly..

Posted by Iris

Mild power abuse that doesn't really harm normal members? Okay, we'll live.

Power abuse in which you're harassing a regular member by deleting posts and banning them for no reason? That's not quite as acceptable.

Posted by Omni

I'm surprised it was Dexter who was doing that. I had no idea he didn't like Klarth.

Posted by Ant

I'm sure there's some mythical reasoning behind it. Like he's try to help klarth be free of VGC or some crap.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Omni]I'm surprised it was Dexter who was doing that. I had no idea he didn't like Klarth.
You're certainly not alone in your shock!

Shouldn't something be happening by now?

Posted by WackoHater

I don't blame NotSexyDexy, I would ban 90% of you idiots because most of you make idiotic one or two word posts, all that **** and idiotic subjects that have ZERO value, educational or entertainment wise would be deleted and repeat offenders banned !!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

You all can do better, Jesse needs to review all deleted threads and restore them if in fact they are worthy content, no moderator should be allowed to delete threads from the database, only Jesse should have that power !!!! :mad: :mad:

Posted by Xero

Quoting WackoHater: idiotic subjects that have ZERO value, educational or entertainment

You obviously never check the War board nor the threads in the gaming section, right?

Posted by Iris

Though we could go on a demod rampage, it just wouldn't be the same without Dexter actually present.

Posted by Dexter

This is ridiculous. Klarth has been a naughty member. He made tons of worthless threads, ranging from 'have you ever had a really good sawhorse' to 'going upstairs vs. going downstairs'. They were lame. I see no need to defend myself on this matter. I'm a loose mod, I let a lot go, and I also enjoy having Klarth around. He just needs to shape up sometimes and that was definitely one of those times.

Posted by Iris

Those threads were hardly different from the current OT threads asking about random, stupid stuff. Klarth said he made other threads with more appropriate topics but they were deleted. He then made the other ones asking silly questions because that stuff is considered fine by any other member, and he wanted to see the mod response to it. You deleting them was pretty much just taking the bait.

Honestly Dexter, take a look around. Do you honestly think those thread types are uncommon and not tolerated? Besides, you don't even warn him or give a specific reason. You just delete the posts and ban him. If it were obviously terrible threads or some new, random member then there'd probably be no questions asked, but this is Klarth.

You overreacted, and on Klarth specifically.

Posted by Dexter

You're turning this into a bigger deal than it really is. I knew the ban wasn't going to last more than an hour, at the most. I don't mind a few threads like that every once in awhile but so many at once is just too much. Him toying with what he can get away with was what I expected he was doing. I didn't overreact. I did my job. Klarth's just being a punk.

Posted by S

Quoting Jesse Smith: [code]42405 Dexter 22:42, 2nd Jun 2007 Post by Klarth Removed Thread: [everyone except klarth and I is gay]
42406 Dexter 22:42, 2nd Jun 2007 Post by Klarth Removed Thread: [everyone except klarth and I is gay]
42407 Dexter 22:42, 2nd Jun 2007 Post by Klarth Removed Thread: [everyone except klarth and I is gay]
42408 Dexter 22:42, 2nd Jun 2007 Post by Klarth Removed Thread: [Wasabi]
42409 Dexter 22:42, 2nd Jun 2007 Thread Removed Thread: [TV remotes.]
42410 Dexter 22:42, 2nd Jun 2007 Thread Removed Thread: [Have you ever owned a really good sawhorse?]
42400 Dexter 22:39, 2nd Jun 2007 Thread Removed Thread: [I like breathing.]
42401 Dexter 22:39, 2nd Jun 2007 Thread Removed Thread: [Have you ever had a nice cold glass of Coca-Cola?]
42402 Dexter 22:39, 2nd Jun 2007 Thread Removed Thread: [Walking up stairs vs walking down stairs]
42403 Dexter 22:39, 2nd Jun 2007 Thread Removed Thread: [What colour socks are you wearing?]
42404 Dexter 22:39, 2nd Jun 2007 Thread Removed Thread: [Glasses versus plastic cups/tumblers]
Forum: [Off-Topic] 205.215.253.7[/code]

I think something that may be of value that's been left out is time. We know that these threads were deleted in rapid succession, but were they created in rapid succession? I ask this because I know that in a situation where a member creates threads rapidly, with seemingly pointless posts that are, in my mind, intended to either clutter or spam (Based on the timing, I'd assume such.), I would personally deal with it very aggressively. In all likelihood, I would hard-remove them as well, being that their trails would clutter the board. I did this during a member's spam-fest of new accounts and threads before, though without the hard-deletes since I didn't have power in those areas.

Anyway, my point is that the thread's time of creation has some relevance to Dexter's possible motives, whether they be misguided or not. Maybe if someone could track that down, it'd help the situation.

Posted by Fate

That's because Klarth is exactly the type to toy with how things work.

Anyhow, this isn't a big deal and people shouldn't get up in arms for threads being deleted or too many threads being made. Relax, everyone. No need for arguing or mod-nazis or angry VGC citizens.

Posted by Iris

Klarth still says the original few threads he made weren't at all just to see what he could get away with, they were just normal threads which were deleted. Posts he made in the Wacko Board were also deleted. A board meant specifically for posting whatever spam you want as long as it doesn't break the rules.

And also, if you wanted to slap him on the wrist or something, you should've made the ban just for an hour or two, not a 2-year ban.

Posted by Fate

While I don't get the Wacko Board delete, I could kind of imagine the the process Dexter had. I mean, who the hell cares about a sawhorse or walking on stairs? People responded to the Wasabi thread before I could delete it or move it, and since it got serious responses it stuck. I could easily imagine Klarth making the thread titles only to say in each thread something simple like, "Well, I have" or, "I prefer walking up instead," or something else ridiculously simple. I mean, wtf? Klarth knows he doesn't care, we all know he doesn't care, he's just toying about like he always does. No big deal, let's just end this crap.

Quoted post: or walking on stairs?

lol DA apparently.

Posted by WackoHater

Quote: IDIOT HATE MACHINE Reputation comment:

Omni disagrees: Stickm to the Wacko board if you're gonna be a moron.

Now a brain dead idiot like this guy in management here is another major problem, having forum trolls in a position of power is a major blunder Jesse, you guys will make any idiot that posts here a lot and trolls a moderator and that is sheer lunacy, this kid is a perfect example of this.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Fate: I mean, who the hell cares about a sawhorse or walking on stairs?

Since when are we allowed to delete threads just because we don't like them?

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Iris: And also, if you wanted to slap him on the wrist or something, you should've made the ban just for an hour or two, not a 2-year ban.

I know you don't believe that I intended to have him banned for 2 years. That's just silly. I doubt even he would believe that. I intended to unban him before I logged off. I just wanted him to notice. It doesn't matter how long I banned him for, I just needed him to realize that he was being naughty again. Sometimes he thinks he can get away with anything and do whatever he wants. If you let him get away with such acts he only becomes worse. I've seen it happen. He's like a child. He becomes bored with VGC and thus he toys with material to get drama or a reaction. Stop encouraging him.

Posted by Omni

Quoting WackoHater: Now a brain dead idiot like this guy in management here is another major problem, having forum trolls in a position of power is a major blunder Jesse, you guys will make any idiot that posts here a lot and trolls a moderator and that is sheer lunacy, this kid is a perfect example of this.

I'm not in a position of power, and nobody cares about you. Go back to your Wacko board.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Omni: I'm surprised it was Dexter who was doing that. I had no idea he didn't like Klarth.

People need to realize that when super mods take action on someone, it doesn't mean we don't like them. That's not at all what this job is about. I like Klarth. I was disappointed awhile back when he said he was leaving and relieved to see him gradually come back. I'm not out to get him as much as he is asking for it.

Posted by Omni

Some of his threads are a little bizarre, but I've seen way worse topics that didn't get deleted and had no serious posts in them.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting WackoHater: Now a brain dead idiot like this guy in management here is another major problem, having forum trolls in a position of power is a major blunder Jesse, you guys will make any idiot that posts here a lot and trolls a moderator and that is sheer lunacy, this kid is a perfect example of this.

Disclaimer: Da mods and Super Mods vote on new mods/Super Mods!!! aka...da King of da Wackos doesn't pick da mods!!!! So you can't blaim mod stuff on me!!! :D:D:D:D:D Oh, all da mods are great mods, even you are!!! You have yet to delete a single post on Wacko University, even though they all drive you NUTS, and some of them even *yawn*!!!! :D:D:D

Quoting WackoHater: I don't blame NotSexyDexy, I would ban 90% of you idiots because most of you make idiotic one or two word posts, all that **** and idiotic subjects that have ZERO value, educational or entertainment wise would be deleted and repeat offenders banned !!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

er...remember, this is a video game board, where kids and teenagers hang out, not 57 year olds like you that 'know every thing'!!!! Then again, all da kids act way more mature than a certian WackoHater that I know of!!! You LOVE to live in :mad: land!!!! :D:D:D Have you got over Richard Nixon yet??!!! :D:D:D:D

Quoting WackoHater: You all can do better.

What da wacko!!! Is that a complement??!!! :eek: :D:D:D

Posted by netman

AND FURTHERMORE, WHY HAVEN'T I BEEN MADE A SUPERMOD AGAIN

wait, this thread isnt about that yet? aww

I think that Dexter overreacted, in the fact he deleted the threads in multiple successions and then wont discuss it with an open mind, however he shouldn't be demodded or ostracized or have the h8 put on him, cause that Dexter of ours does do a lot of good in these parts!

Posted by G-Sides

imo when a member gets banned, i'm pretty sure they should know why they were banned :s i've made some pretty lame threads and posts that've gone unchecked... asdfsadf;;; "well i wuz gonna unban him" isn't a very reasonable excuse for banning a member. if you wanted to get across that he was pushing it you should've just pmed him a warning like mods are supposed to do before they ban someone ;]

lol but who gives a **** about my opinion :\

Posted by Fate

Quoting Alastor: Since when are we allowed to delete threads just because we don't like them?

...I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you didn't read the rest of my post. I refuse to call you dumb for one simple folly.

Klarth, as we know, likes to **** around a lot on the boards. When he is pointed out, he likes to play victim and read off rules or something. That's just how Klarth, uh, do. I couldn't imagine Klarth thinking that the threads he made were good, and I'm sure Dexter picked up on that. If it was a newbie, maybe, out of courtesy, Dexter wouldn't have deleted the threads because newbies to the board are often guilty of making retarded threads. I mean, some of these questions they ask don't need their own thread, jeez...

Anyhow, the bottom line is that Klarth knows why, he just wants someone to explicitly state a rule that isn't written-- very clever. I probably would've taken a different course of action like sending him a hey-stop-that PM, but I didn't run the op here. Dex picked up on Klarth's state of mind, I assume, so he deletes. That's it.

G-Sides: Chances are if you made any really lame threads in the places I moderate, they're already gone.

Posted by Klarth

:)

I've been called out.

I'm still of the view that I should have been let off on a technicality, and although I think Dexter can be a bit of a silly moderator sometimes (no offense intended, Dex), I don't harbour anything against him and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dislike me. Sure, that doesn't make sense considering the normal posts of mine he's pruned ([url=http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=21424]deletion log here[/url] comes to mind), but I can't deny the fact that they see me trollin' and they hatin'. Patrollin'. I wasn't even given a reason when I saw "BANNED UNTIL 2009 ENJOY YOUR SIBERIAN GULAG".

Also, I still haven't got an explanation for my last ban - I was in eastern Europe with no net access for a week, and I came back to VGC to find I'd been banned halfway through my trip. By Dexter. Hey dude, you're so uncool. But hey, that's alright - like, there's no need to get uptight.

Contradictions are fun.

Ban Xero for making a thread about wasabi.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Klarth:
Ban Xero for making a thread about wasabi.

You made a thread about me and Clive in the community board. Ban him with me.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Fate]I could easily imagine Klarth making the thread titles only to say in each thread something simple like, "Well, I have" or, "I prefer walking up instead," or something else ridiculously simple. I mean, wtf?
Oops, didn't notice this. No, I actually put time and effort into the first posts of each topic. As I said, I was deliberately trying to reproduce the style of that ****ty thread about wasabi (actually, check the deletion log in there too, you might find a few nice Dexter-related Christmas presents. Happy Kwanzaa!), and each post was several paragraphs long. This wasn't a case of "hmmm let's make a spammy one-liner, no, this isn't going to get deleted at all ever! Hurr."

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Xero: You made a thread about me and Clive in the community board. Ban him with me.

Hey, you made a thread about having a tattoo that has nothing do do with the community! That's even less viable than a thread about another member's sexuality! I demand you pay Jesse's hosting costs! Exclamation point!

Posted by Xero

Quoting Klarth: I was deliberately trying to reproduce the style of that ****ty thread about wasabi

Wow...You really don't like that wasabi thread, don't you?

Remember when Last Fog created a thread called "have you ever..."?

Here was the first post: "blowed your nose in a kleenex and then licked the mucus to see what it tastes like?

Me neither..."

Well that's the kind of thread that diserves to disappear. Wasabi isn't as random and useless as this topic. (and disgusting)

Also, in the wasabi thread I was trying to get members to post those funny times when they put too many strong spices in their mouth. Just a little cute thread. Nobody deleted it. I believe because it turned out to be a debate on the "trend" of eating sushis. But my goal wasn't to make just any thread to get a +1 post. Sorry if it was spammish.

Posted by Fate

It was pretty gay. But we're cool.

Posted by KoH

I think of Klarth as VGC's bastard son. Who, oddly enough, has multiple people trying to parent him.

Posted by G-Sides

who cares if it was gay or spammish, christ, vgc would be a hell of a lot funner if incidents like this didn't happen :\ silly threads should be allowed to occur sometimes without getting banned making a thread about it etc etc etc
i mean, i can understand if it was total spam for the soul purpose of spamming but something stupid and fun like that shouldn't have to be deleted. have some fucking fun, damn :s

Posted by Xero

Quoting Klarth: Hey, you made a thread about having a tattoo that has nothing do do with the community!

Sorry, but a mod moved that thread in the community board. I originaly made the thread in the off-topic section.

Posted by WackoHater

Klarth, how about you get rid of the goofy signature, that would help your case man, no one will even read your idiotic posts with that crap there !!!

Posted by Xero

Quoting WackoHater: Klarth, how about you get rid of the goofy signature, that would help your case man, no one will even read your idiotic posts with that crap there !!!

You obviously never watched House. You probably only watch Sesame Street or Barney...

Posted by Oforia

Sorry Xero, I am with Klarth on this one. Wasabi thread was pretty lame.

Posted by Xero

Well I'm sorry.

Like I said before, I wasn't trying to create a thread just to create a thread. I was just trying to create a topic people could discuss about.

Delete it.

Posted by Oforia

No need for that. Klarth just shouldn't be punished for making a similar thread.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Mixman: No need for that. Klarth just shouldn't be punished for making a similar thread.

That works too.

Posted by Klarth

I AM NOT FINISHED HERE