Mega Man Legends 3? The Spirit's There!

Posted by Big Boss

When I rented Mega Man Legends for the PlayStation back in the day, I didn't know what I was in for. A cute, well executed 3D Action RPG with a surprisingly entertaining story that oscillates between silly and serious from a hero I used to help beat the crap out of robots in 2D form. Some of you may know this game as Mega Man 64, especially if you only owned the N64 back then.

[center][/center]

A sequel came out just for the PlayStation, and it kept everything that made the original great and just added more. It was fun, but that's the last thing we saw of the Legends series. The game didn't sell well, so it has become sort of a cult hit. There are petitions online to bring a sequel to life, but the first true sign that could maybe possibly perhaps indicate that a sequel might potentially be made for either the Xbox 360 or PS3 has finally come to light in an interview with Keiji Inafune (Mega Man, Dead Rising, Onimusha, Lost Planet) from 1UP.com.

[quote][url="http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?Dispatch=Display&cId=3159987"]Mega Man Creator Dreams of Next-Gen Mega Man[/url]

"If I was able to make a sequel without having to worry about money in any shape or form, I think it probably would be Mega Man Legends 3. And that's not just me -- a lot of the original team members would also love to make a sequel. They talk about it. I talk about it sometimes. I know they love that series and so do I. If I were to say right now, I have a tiny, tiny, tiny dream that I wish I could realize, but I don't know if it's possible, it would be to do a sequel in the Legends series."

[center][/center]

Mega Man Legends 3 has now moved to the top spot of games I want to see made from existing franchises.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Oh yeah, I heard about this. Though for some reason I heard it would be using the Lost Planet/Dead Rising engine, which made me think it was already a for sure thing. Guess not from the sounds of it, which is a shame, because I'd really like to see a really good, new 3D Mega Man.

Posted by Linko_16

I won't get excited until I hear real plans, but a sequel for Mega Man Legends will be epic win. This is one game I actually don't want on the Wii; while most people say the worst thing about the Legend series is the control scheme, I loved it and don't want it changed.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Big Boss: There are petitions online to bring a sequel to life

Indeed, I posted one in the Megaman thread. I've been wanted a MML3 ever since I beat 2 years and years ago. It's prolly my most 'longest gone unfulfilled wish' ever.

Posted by Klarth

Yes please. Trigger is probably my favourite incarnation of the character.

Posted by Jesus Christ

Only good Megaman game in years! Please, please make a third one!