Let Me Explain...

Posted by Tendo

Reve is my older sister. She told me about the site and I joined. We are not the same person so I'm sorry if it seemed that way.

Posted by Omni

Hmmm, I was wondering about what was up with that.

Posted by Iris

I unbanned Reve. I knew something was up since I know neither of you are Maian, yet you share an IP. I didn't know you were banned too though, so I'll unban you.

Posted by maian

Quoting Iris: I unbanned Reve. I knew something was up since I know neither of you are Maian, yet you share an IP. I didn't know you were banned too though, so I'll unban you.

what

Posted by Tendo

okay thanks glad we got that figured out

Posted by Iris

For some reason you guys have a similar IP.

Posted by Reve

Thank you very much guys. And my sister and I have similar IP's or Maian and us?

Posted by Omni

I'd imagine you and your sister have identical IP addresses, and that maian's IP is similar.

Posted by maian

eh

i think if you use VGC on someone else's computer your name gets listed in the ips ;o

Posted by Roger Smith

I love happy endings.

Posted by Tendo

Quoting Roger Smith: I love happy endings.

^_^ Me too

Posted by maian

roger smith wizard cyber?

Posted by Reve

Quite possible that maian and ours is similar. My sister and I have seperate computers so I didn't think the IP's would be the same but if what maian says is true than that explains it. I've gotten on VGC from both computers.

Posted by Tendo

this might sound really stupid but whats a IP

Posted by Iris

Tendo only has one IP, you have two, from both computers. Maian has an IP that you and Tendo shared as well though, so I figured from that you weren't puppeting. If you were, I'd think it was maian puppeting since he's been here longest and shares one of the IPs. Maian's too macho to puppet, so I figured it was coincidental.

Posted by Tendo

Quoting Iris: Tendo only has one IP, you have two, from both computers. Maian has an IP that you and Tendo shared as well though, so I figured from that you weren't puppeting. If you were, I'd think it was maian puppeting since he's been here longest and shares one of the IPs. Maian's too macho to puppet, so I figured it was coincidental.

Okay I think I get it now

Posted by Omni

Okay, for IP addresses:

IP stands for internet protocol. Basically, every separate internet connection has a separate address, kinda like a phone number. Just like multiple phones sharing a phone line, multiple computers on the same internet connection will use the same IP address, so Reve and Tendo probably have identical IP addresses.

On VGC, it saves a permanent record of the IP address your account was registered with, and every post you make saves the IP address is was posted from. Also, if you're online, super moderators can view your current IP address.

DOUBLE NINJA'D!

Posted by Reve

maian is macho? Are you sure we're talking about the same maian?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Next time don't act ****ing stupid in your intro thread. That's a pretty good indication that someone's just making puppet accounts.

Posted by Ant

or perhaps you weren't acting stupid enough...oooooo