Wasabi

Posted by Xero

The first time you tasted wasabi, did you know how spicy it would be? Did you even know it was spicy?

I usually never dip my sushis in any kind of sauce, but there was one day where I felt like trying the wasabi. In case I wouldn't enjoy it, I decided to take a couple of slices of ginger to dip them into a cup of wasabi.

I put the whole thing into my mouth and 10 seconds later, it burned in my entire mouth. I had tears. But then I laughed. I didn't know it was spicy. Nobody told me.

Did that happen to anybody else?

Posted by Omni

I never thought it was overly spicy. I don't like the flavor much, though.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

You dipped ginger in Wasabi? No wonder your mouth was burning.

Posted by Xero

Quoting The X: You dipped ginger in Wasabi? No wonder your mouth was burning.

Yeah I know. Ginger in itself has a strong taste.

It would have probably burned less with rice and fish...

Posted by zero

yeah i did the same thing except i knew, i just didn't know it was that spicey.

Posted by Bebop

It's horrid how popular sushi has become among people who can't think for themselves.

Posted by Average n00b

Quoting Pretty Hate Machine: I never thought it was overly spicy. I don't like the flavor much, though.

Same. I've had much more spicy things than wasabi. My dad loves the stuff though. I just have it plain. *Shrug*

Posted by Ant

no sir, I don't like it.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Bebop: It's horrid how popular sushi has become among people who can't think for themselves.

Yeah, it's become a very trendy food. I have it every now and then, and I'm annoyed by the amount of morons I end up having to eat with.

Posted by Oforia

Is it me or are we just creating topics for the fuck of creating topics?

Posted by Xero

Quoting Pretty Hate Machine: Yeah, it's become a very trendy food. I have it every now and then, and I'm annoyed by the amount of morons I end up having to eat with.

Well that's life. People like eating sushis.

Quoting Mixman: Is it me or are we just creating topics for the fuck of creating topics?

Not really. Wasn't my goal.

Posted by Omni

This thread reminds me, I have to head over to Epcot and go to the Mitsukoshi House again. What a great restaurant that is.

Posted by Klarth

Well, I frequented sushi restaurants from a young age - When we lived in Chicago, there was a family-run place a few miles down the road. I didn't like the look of the wasabi what with it being green and (to my six-year-old self) "funny-looking". A long while later, someone bought my mother a DIY sushi set for her birthday, and she made some really well-presented vegetable rolls which looked better than what I've seen in most restaurants. Great!

As soon as I started eating one, I knew something was up.

She had no clue what wasabi was, and she'd FILLED THE ROLLS WITH IT. I couldn't taste anything for most of the following day.

Posted by Trigger

Nothing is better than spiking your partner's coca cola with Tobasco sauce!

Good times.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Bebop: It's horrid how popular sushi has become among people who can't think for themselves.

Quoting Pretty Hate Machine: Yeah, it's become a very trendy food. I have it every now and then, and I'm annoyed by the amount of morons I end up having to eat with.

What the hell are you guys on? First off, sushi has been eaten stateside for years, and it tastes exactly the same as it did then as it does now. As years pass, people become more aware of something that's been around for a while, so over time it becomes super-processed and cheap-- very similar to how an economy works.

Second, sushi isn't a trendy food, yogurt is. Are you guys saying that because people like it the value is lost? TRENDS ARE GAY, HOORAY.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I could go for some yoghurt.

As for sushi, I've only ever had it once and found it utterly disgusting. But perhaps 'vegetarian' sushi is better.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Fate: Second, sushi isn't a trendy food, yogurt is. Are you guys saying that because people like it the value is lost? TRENDS ARE GAY, HOORAY.

No, I'm saying that when I go to have sushi, I always have to put up with morons sitting near me who are obnoxious and loud because it's trendy. I still like it just as much as I used to.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Pretty Hate Machine: No, I'm saying that when I go to have sushi, I always have to put up with morons sitting near me who are obnoxious and loud because it's trendy. I still like it just as much as I used to.

Where do you live again? Because where I am, people eating around me eat and shut up. Nobody ever brags about eating sushis.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Pretty Hate Machine: No, I'm saying that when I go to have sushi, I always have to put up with morons sitting near me who are obnoxious and loud because it's trendy. I still like it just as much as I used to.

Maybe you think it's trendy because of animukekeke. Maybe you live next to retards who happen to like sushi. Obnoxious people are obnoxious with or without sushi. wtf

Posted by Omni

Quoting Xero: Where do you live again? Because where I am, people eating around me eat and shut up. Nobody ever brags about eating sushis.

Come to Florida. It's one of the biggest tourist destinations in the world. I didn't say that brag about it. I said it's annoying because all the trendy kids decide to be there when I go. Couple that with the fact that the place I'm talking about is at Walt Disney World...

Quoting Fate: Maybe you think it's trendy because of animukekeke. Maybe you live next to retards who happen to like sushi. Obnoxious people are obnoxious with or without sushi. wtf

I know that. Did I say eating sushi makes them obnoxious? Also, how can you not know that sushi is trendy nowadays? The "in crowd" always conveniently decides to be in the restaurant I go to at the same time as me and they're annoying as all hell. I still enjoy my meal and the value of the experience isn't really diminished. You can tell some of them are just there because they want to fit in. Also, like I just said, Walt Disney World LOL. I think you're totally misinterpreting what I'm saying for some reason.

Short version: Sushi is popular with trendy people, therefore it is trendy. They are always there when I go, and I think it's annoying when people like something just because it's supposed to be cool and popular.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Pretty Hate Machine: Come to Florida. It's one of the biggest tourist destinations in the world. I didn't say that brag about it. I said it's annoying because all the trendy kids decide to be there when I go. Couple that with the fact that the place I'm talking about is at Walt Disney World...

Alright, but I don't see why you care about that. I mean...you're there to eat no? Unless those kids are eating like pigs, there is no reason for you to not enjoy eating sushis just because they look "trendy".

Posted by Fate

Quoting Pretty Hate Machine: I know that. Did I say eating sushi makes them obnoxious? Also, how can you not know that sushi is trendy nowadays? The "in crowd" always conveniently decides to be in the restaurant I go to at the same time as me and they're annoying as all hell. I still enjoy my meal and the value of the experience isn't really diminished. You can tell some of them are just there because they want to fit in. Also, like I just said, Walt Disney World LOL. I think you're totally misinterpreting what I'm saying for some reason.

Short version: Sushi is popular with trendy people, therefore it is trendy. They are always there when I go, and I think it's annoying when people like something just because it's supposed to be cool and popular.

[color=skyblue]Perhaps the "in" crowd, as you perceive them, happen to like eating at the same place you do. They could be looking at you and be like, "oh, there's that loser-y guy who probably watches japanese **** eating sushi again, gross" the same way you look at them in the way you do (seeing as how they must appear a certain way to look "in", most likely in a way that you don't, otherwise you'd be part of the "in"). Raw fish is not trendy, and it never will be. Know what's trendy? Ice cream. Baskin Robbins is the place to be. Going to a grocery store in a large group to buy beer is trendy. Going to Starbucks is trendy. Being able to discuss politics at Burger King is trendy. Large purses, huge glasses, and going to movies are trendy. Going to an internet caf

Posted by G-Sides

lol hey guys, i eat sushi because it tastes good :) eating food because it's trendy is stupid and no one does that. fish + seaweed + rice doesn't make you sophisticated or popular or better than anyone else so why the hell would eating sushi be considered a trend ;/ that's ridiculous and if people in your area seriously consider eating japanese food as trendy, you should cut out their tongues.

Posted by Xero

Quoting papercut: my friends replaced the green frosting for my birthday cake with that crap, and i ran around in circles for three minutes because i couldn't find any liquids in the house except for the toilet water...you can guess what happened, but i got them back i put wasabi in their whitey tighties while they were showering.

Hahaha! I never thought of a prank like that :p:

When you say the only liquid you could find in the entire house was water...I wonder....Do you have a kitchen?

Probably. And in that kitchen, is there a place where you can wash dishes?

Normal kitchens have that. And in that SINK, there should be water pouring when you turn a handle, right?

;)

Posted by Xero

Quoting papercut: yes but they stuck my fcking dirty gym socks in the drain and filled the sink up with dirty dishes and nasty brown water.

Ewkay...0_o

I...don't dare ask....

Ah screw that. What about the sink in your bathroom?