Traded Pokemon

Posted by Linko_16

I planned ahead of time on my game to catch a Chatot, since I need a Pokemon who can learn Fly and I didn't want something as uninteresting as a Starly. As I got into the game, however, some research showed that I wouldn't be finding wild Chatot until well after my seventh gym badge. I thought it was a life saver when I found someone near the beginning of the game willing to trade one for a Buizel, and it didn't even have that goofy of a nickname.

Problem is that the **** thing's nothing but trouble. I knew that they sometimes don't listen, but I've never traded for a Pokemon to go on my main team before and didn't know just how bad it could be. It literally follows orders about one in three times, and that's if it doesn't fall asleep. I'm going to get murdered if I ever get in a serious battle.

So, will it ever learn to trust me, or is it a lost cause? I could get a Drifblim instead, but the **** thing's so goofy-looking.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

How many badges do you have? Plus, it's probably worth it for the 1.5x XP boost.

Posted by Linko_16

Right now, just one. I keep my Pokemon leveled-up much higher than necessary.

I'm thinking I'll just forget it and go with Drifblim.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/17/Chatot.png/135px-Chatot.png[/IMG]

I disapprove.

Posted by Linko_16

I know, Chatot was pretty **** cool. :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

It doesn't evolve though, which always annoys me. Pok

Posted by Linko_16

That doesn't bother me - it almost seems like a well balanced team to have a little guy next to the big, bad powerhouses.

EDIT - You get the same disobedience from Pokemon from other games, right? Not just from the ones traded within the game?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

All traded Pokaymans.

Posted by Linko_16

Meh, figured as much. Oh well.

Now my entire Pokemon team is going to be purple. :(

Posted by Shade

Heh.

SPEAKING OF TRADES. I am in need of a Turtwig.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Shade32;585908]Heh.

SPEAKING OF TRADES. I am in need of a Turtwig.
I have one, I just can't give you it until I secure its PKRS on another Pok

Posted by Shade

Kk. Will you be needing anything specific in return? Or just fodder.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

ARCEUS SHINY PKRS WITH MASTER BALL

Posted by Shade

k

Posted by Linko_16

I just beat the next Gym Leader and now it listens to me perfectly. I think maybe the level cap for Pokemon obedience is 10 levels lower for traded Pokemon; as in, my first Gym badge had Pokemon obeying me up to level 20, but for my traded Chatot, it only went up to level 10. Now that I have another one, it will listen to me up to 20... which is a shame, 'cause it's already up to 19.

I'll level it past 20 and see what happens.

Posted by Shade

I'm pretty sure second badge is 30 for all pokemon. I could be wrong, though.

Posted by Linko_16

[quote=Merriland's Pokemon Guide]After beating her, you will receive the Forest Badge, which lets you use Cut
outside of battle, and makes it so traded Pokemon up to Level 30 will obey
you.

I was wondering why all my ordinary pokemon were listening to me, despite their high levels. This new game is completely whack.

It'll be irritating trying to keep Charap under level 30 until my fourth gym badge, which will up the level cap to 50.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Fourth gym is a long time away. Good luck with that. :o

Posted by Shade

I really wish I had trained more during the actual quest and not just doing it before the Elite 4. Game's gettin' kind of boring. I've been doing a lot of team changes just to keep it interesting.