Guitar Hero III

Posted by Alastor

http://www.younewb.com/2007/05/23/partial-track-list-from-guitar-hero-iii-revealed

Forgive me if this is old news around here.

Personally I'm stoked. I'll have a 360 and a Wii by year's end, and it's hitting both of them.

Muse? Weezer? Tenacious D? Hell yes.

Posted by Dexter

More Donkey Konga plz.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Too many other good games this fall to really give a ****.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I've had Guitar Hero II for a week and I'm starting to tire of it already. Oh well.

Posted by Xero

I've always prefered the DDR to Guitar Hero. I'm more of a "step dancer" than a guitar player.

Edit: You guys must think I'm lame. -_-

Posted by WackoHater2

Looks like an awesome game. Barracuda has be excited.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Xero: I've always prefered the DDR to Guitar Hero. I'm more of a "step dancer" than a guitar player.

Not at all. I'm the same way.

I still like to play this

[IMG]http://www.tomheroes.com/images/NES%20powerpad.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com/nes/images/ss/ae_1.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by PunkRock Sonic

Quoting Xero: I've always prefered the DDR to Guitar Hero. I'm more of a "step dancer" than a guitar player.

I'v always prefered guitar hero to DDR. I'm more of a "guitar player" than a step dancer

reversing what Xero said

Posted by Average n00b

Nah, I'm with you on that one.

I've played Guitar Hero and Guitar Hero 2 and disliked it..I can't really place why, it just didn't make me want to spazz out after passing a song. Though there are very decent songs on the both of them, I prefer to just watch the people play instead of playing the game instead. Like Para Para Paradise.

Posted by inequity

I love guitar hero!. I'm camping out tomorrow to get number three!

Posted by PunkRock Sonic

Quoting MackSlovack: I love guitar hero!. I'm camping out tomorrow to get number three!

it doesn't come out tommarow

I have guitar hero 1 and 2

Posted by inequity

I hope they have more crazy hard songs like Jordan from II.

Quoting PunkRock Sonic: it doesn't come out tommarow

I was kidding

Posted by Speedfreak

Unless the Wii version has F-Zero music I'm not really bothered.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Speedfreak: Unless the Wii version has F-Zero music I'm not really bothered.

Doubt it, but it would be pretty interesting if the Wii version had some exclusive Nintendo-based tracks.

Posted by Creedence

Dude, it better have Stairway to Heaven on there.

Quoting MackSlovack: I hope they have more crazy hard songs like Jordan

Jordans awesome, but I still can't play it on expert, also more hard crazy awesome songs like Jessica and Crazy On You, I love it how Jessica sounds hawian and Crazy On You sounds mexican. So yea, I hope they have some of the foriegn sounding music.

Posted by PunkRock Sonic

They have to have some punk rock songs on there, but I think it's less likely to happen

Posted by Dexter

Pokemon Theme Song!

Posted by Xero

Quoting Dexter: Pokemon Theme Song!

Better than punk rock, that's for sure.

I'd want...Perfect Dark songs in there. They're just the best.

Posted by Shade

GO GO POWER RANGERS!

***, that would be hot sex.

They're ****ing around with the button colours apparently. Not a huge deal, but wtf?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Seriously? I've only just learned how to hit Orange, I think I'll stick with the X-Plorer.

Posted by G-Sides

i don't get why hitting the orange is such a big deal for some people :s the people i've introduced to guitar hero always complain "UGH I CAN'T HIT THAT ****ING ORANGE BUTTON" after failing harder songs. maybe i'm naturally inclined at that since i play guitar but it just doesn't seem to be all that hard.

anyway guitar hero 3 is gonna get acquired, as is that guitar hero: 80's thing.

Posted by WackoHater2

The orange button isn't that bad once you get used to it. For the longest time I couldn't play anything on hard or expert because of it. I only play with 3 fingers. I never use my pinkie unless there are really far notes, like red-orange or green-blue. It's uncomfortable for my to use it. I do pretty well for someone who doesn't use all of their fingers though.

Posted by Creedence

My biggest regret, was starting on easy on 1. Easy ****ed me up cuz I went to normal and it was like, can't use pinky. But I've practiced enough so I can hit orange now easily. I'm struggling playing the solo in Jessica on expert, and I just got to where I could play Thunder Horse on hard.

Man, those are some bad covers they just released. I thought they'd get better, but boy was I wrong. Slow Ride sounds like ****.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: They're ****ing around with the button colours apparently. Not a huge deal, but wtf?

0_o...Out of all the thing they could **** around about, they had had to go for the colors? Good Christ...

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;586298]Man, those are some bad covers they just released. I thought they'd get better, but boy was I wrong. Slow Ride sounds like ****.

****ing awful. My ears burn. The fact that the setlist for GHIII has about one good song, just seals the undeal for me.

No kidding. How hard is to to follow a template? Especially when you have so much support? Whatever. At least there's always Rock Band.

Posted by Creedence

I heard that it was gonna have Paint It Black in there, hope they don't **** that up.

If they ****ed up Slow Ride you can bet Paint it Black is ****ed up too. It doesn't help it's not exactly the most guitar-oriented song out there. Plus, apparently the time between strum and a hit note on screen has been changed around too. So the timing that everyone's used to has been messed around with... for whatever reason.

Neversoft: How to kill an amazing franchise.

Posted by G-Sides

/r/ slow ride gh3 cover

http://youtube.com/watch?v=utGBWrtuIOo

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

What did they do to the interface?! Oh ***.

I don't think they've ever heard of the saying "don't fix it if it ain't broke"

Posted by inequity

Looks good to me, except for that rock meter.

Oh man... lol. Read this:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3159990

Activision, the guys who are publishing the new GH, are calling Harmonix's Rock Band a Guitar Hero imitation. Harmonix created Guitar Hero.

What. The. ****.

Posted by Shade

Can't you just feel the irony?

Posted by PunkRock Sonic

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Oh man... lol. Read this:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3159990

Activision, the guys who are publishing the new GH, are calling Harmonix's Rock Band a Guitar Hero imitation. Harmonix created Guitar Hero.

What. The. ****.

It reminds me of snk making more than one different fighting games

They should have slayer's song reign in blood, that song is fast
and some metallica songs but there too expensive

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

SNK what? Dude, make sense.

I am shuddering in anticipation of Rock Band.

Posted by PunkRock Sonic

Quoting The X: SNK what? Dude, make sense.

I am shuddering in anticipation of Rock Band.

I mean activision making more than guitar playing game the same type

is like snk making more than one fighting game

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Capcom made way more fighting game series than SNK - Street Fighter, Rival Schools, Darkstalkers, Fighting Jam, Final Fight...

SNK made SNK games though. Activision is saying Harmonix is ripping them off, when actually both Guitar Hero and Rock Band are Harmonix's games. Bit different.

Posted by inequity

The wireless Les Paul

Posted by WackoHater2

[quote=MackSlovack;587169]The wireless Les Paul

[IMG]http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.nintendowiifanboy.com/media/2007/05/ghiii_les_paul_wireless_lg.jpg[/IMG]

That's ****ing hot!

It looks like ****.

Posted by protomanv4

yay for the wii I might get it then

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting MMX&oldies-fan: Dude, it better have Stairway to Heaven on there.

It will, they did the thing for Stairway like they did for Freebird

Freebird: "They don't want you to play Freebird, they are just heckling you"
Stairway: "Remember, NO STARIWAY"

Posted by WackoHater2

You noticed that too, Tiptoe?

Posted by Creedence

Also they need more Alice Cooper. Alice Cooper is awesome.

Posted by WackoHater2

They're not gonna put more than one Alice Cooper song on GH3. Same with any other artist. I don't like Alice Cooper that much but they put the 2 songs I do like by him on the GH games (Billion Dollar Babies on 360 GH2 and School's Out on GH3).

Posted by LadiesMan217

* "3's and 7's"

Posted by Speedfreak

I still don't see any Chuck Berry.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Some good ones, but still nothing that makes me go 'OH I CANT WAIT TO PLAY'.

Posted by Al Borland

They couldn't have put a worse Tenacious D song in this game. Of all to choose from they pick The Metal? It's always good to see The Strokes and the Beastie Boys though

Quoted post: * "The Metal" – Tenacious D

What the ****? That song sucks. In fact, most of those songs suck pretty hard.

Posted by LadiesMan217

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: What the ****? That song sucks. In fact, most of those songs suck pretty hard.

This is turning out to be the best guitar hero soundtrack to date, but thats just my opinion, but yeah I think they should of put a different Tenacious D song cause that song isn't that great.

Yeah, you're opinion is wrong though, so whatever.

Posted by The Hate

One.....why dont they put master of puppets, or enter sandman. whatever. Through the Fire and Flames. *** after seeing all the videos on youtube im glad I can play this song.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=The X;636400]Some good ones, but still nothing that makes me go 'OH I CANT WAIT TO PLAY'.

I agree, except I can't see any that make me want to play at all.

Posted by Axis

[QUOTE=LadiesMan217;636328]* "3's and 7's"

Posted by Al Borland

All of the Hendrix screenshots I've seen are very encouraging. We'll probably be getting Fire or Purple Haze. Machine Gun or anything off of Blues would be heaven

Posted by Acris

hey whats

Posted by Moogs

Are they going to release a demo for the PC anytime soon...

I have a pretty big screen so screen size isn't an issue... I just want to see how it plays on PC

Posted by G-Sides

the only one that i'm really stoked to play is FCPREMIX, and even then i think they should've picked a harder fall of troy song :s

Posted by ken_drummer

Join my Tour Group: guitarhero.com/tour_groups/201515

If this is considered spamming, go ahead and delete.

Posted by muffla

Quoting Moogs: Are they going to release a demo for the PC anytime soon...

I have a pretty big screen so screen size isn't an issue... I just want to see how it plays on PC

are they makin a pc version? thats news to me

anyways my i love the xbox demo. Rock u like a hurricane is one of my top ten favorate songs evar

Posted by G-Sides

this just in:
"impulse" by an endless sporadic could be the most fun i've ever had playing guitar hero.
best song ever to be featured in the franchise.

Posted by username0

guitar hero III is fun as fun. sure i'am stuck on hard. but i still have fun!

Posted by Gang Starr

i cant wait til dbz 3 comes out

Posted by Big Boss

I'll finally get into the Guitar Hero III craze this week. I'm attracted to the song selection from this one more than any other.

Although, it'd be so cool if there was a "game soundtrack" version one day, although likely not possible. I wouldn't mind rocking it to F-Zero's "Big Blue."

The only way something like this MAY happen, is if we were given the ability to upload any songs from our PC to our 360, and have Neversoft provide a tool that automatically creates a gameplay track out of the song.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I just found out a company in my hometown helped produce Guitar Hero III. Internship get?

Quoted post: Although, it'd be so cool if there was a "game soundtrack" version one day, although likely not possible. I wouldn't mind rocking it to F-Zero's "Big Blue."

The only way something like this MAY happen, is if we were given the ability to upload any songs from our PC to our 360, and have Neversoft provide a tool that automatically creates a gameplay track out of the song.

You can already do that with a modded PS2, so I'm sure a year or two down the road you'll be able to do something similar on the PS3. People are still churning out songs for GHII.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Big Boss, if you want to play vidya music, get Frets on Fire - as long as you have a Guitar Hero controller that can interface with a PC, you can play pretty much anything you want. I have the whole Guilty Gear X2 soundtrack, along with a bunch of Mega Man 2 and classic themes.

Posted by David M. Awesome

[COLOR=Navy]Co-op career mode sounds pretty awesome.

Also, Johnny went down to Georgia for the win.

I've only gotten to play the game once though, at Best Buy. I don't have ANY of the systems that I could get the game for.
[/COLOR]

Posted by Linko_16

You can just bum off of us like you do for all the other Guitar Heroes.

Don't tell Cory, but we'll both chip in and get it for "him" for Christmas.

Posted by David M. Awesome

[quote=Linko_16;778987][COLOR=indigo]You can just bum off of us like you do for all the other Guitar Heroes.

Don't tell Cory, but we'll both chip in and get it for "him" for Christmas.
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy]Rockin'.

I'll get my own game eventually, really. D:
[/COLOR]

Posted by woodlock

I recently won a free xbox 360 from this website, you can also win a ps3 or a nintendo wii or 3 free games...have a look:

consoles.freebiejeebies.co.uk/?id=23191

Posted by I Want A Sandwich

Quoting Mr. Awesome: [COLOR=Navy]Also, Johnny went down to Georgia for the win.
[/COLOR]

Its Devil went down to Georgia. And yes. It is awesome.
Very painful and frustrating, but in the end, awesome.

Posted by wiifreak

i don't have guitar hero III but i want i just adore guitar music and it's cool rocks rules whatever.did you mow that wii version was canceled to be sold just becose it hasen't some more quality sound.so what i have ps2 but no monea

Quoted post: did you mow that wii version was canceled to be sold just becose it hasen't some more quality sound

Except, you know, you can still buy it at just about any store. It just has mono sound.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Seriously, mono sound? In a music game, of all things. Stereo sound in Guitar Battle / Face-Off is pretty important, too. oh lawd

Yeah, somehow it got out the doors without them realising it.

More like they just didn't care to do anything about it.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;788371]Yeah, somehow it got out the doors without them realising it.

More like they just didn't care to do anything about it.

Yeah, they didn't care about the version of the game for the fastest selling system ever. :rolleyes:

Don't really care about this game. Nothing on the tracklist appeals to me and the Guitar Hero thing is old to me alright. Plus, still no Chuck Berry.

Quoted post: Yeah, they didn't care about the version of the game for the fastest selling system ever.

Or they just didn't care to fix it because they'd know Wii owners would buy it anyways? Probably. How else do you explain that'd make it through the testing phase?

Posted by G-Sides

i beat the devil went down to GA downloadable track 8-) i could beat ****ing ttfatf if i could get past the beginning

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I can beat the Morello Battle track, but not Slash or Georgia. Too much crazy mashing. :(

Posted by Shade

I can beat One on Medium. OH YEAH

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting The Hate: One.....why dont they put master of puppets.

Every single time I sit down to play GH, I always ask myself this question.

They obviously want to, it's just what they can and cannot add.

Posted by Shade

Quoting NeXidala: Every single time I sit down to play GH, I always ask myself this question.

It's because Master of Puppets is the inferior song. dur

Posted by G-Sides

fight fire with fire or battery or ...AJFA would be epically better songs to put in the game :s

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Stairway would be a really cool final song. Though I can't see how they'd make it hard enough...

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;788738]Or they just didn't care to fix it because they'd know Wii owners would buy it anyways? Probably. How else do you explain that'd make it through the testing phase?

Like this:

Activision either has crappy testers or a late Wii firmware update caused the problem. They're working on a fix anyway. Assuming Wii owners would buy it anyway is beyond stupid, especially since it's not selling as well as other versions.

Let's summarise. Hyper popular casual game on hyper popular casual console. Of course they care, it's their money.

Quoted post: Assuming Wii owners would buy it anyway is beyond stupid, especially since it's not selling as well as other versions.

Probably because it sucks. Not including mono sound.

Posted by Nihilus

I am finally going to buy GH3 to day when I pick up my check. I don't think I could take it any longer. I have Christmas shopping done for the family and now it's my turn. Not to mention I was gonna spend the money on someones Christmas that I don't have to worry about anymore, so it was spent money anyway.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;789334]Probably because it sucks. Not including mono sound.

...well thanks for the own goal.

thanks for the own goal? No problem.

Anywho, I went around to various stores yesterday to pick it up and everyone was sold out. Lame.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I bought it a couple of hours after launch, and it was already near-sold out. Except the PS3 pile. It was HUEG.

PC pile was gigantic in every store I went to. I considered getting it for the PS3 then realised how stupid I was to even think that.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

If you get the 360 version for achievements, prepare to be sorely disappointed.

I could probably do most of it. I know if it was the PS2 version of GHII I could anyways. Last couple times I played GHIII at my friends I bombed hard for some reason.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Were you using the wireless Gibson? I suck so hard with it. I just use my old X-Plorer.

Yeah, I used my buddy's when we did the Lou battle. Worked quite a bit better, maybe out of familiarity, maybe because I find it easier to grip? Not sure. Only problem is, I don't have the GHII controller for the 360. So I'm boned and it kills my wrist to use the GHIII controller.

BUT WHATEVER. I just want the game.

Posted by Nazo

I have the same thing with the wrist problem. Which is exactly why I will remain a medium playing failure at the GH games. :( A fun game imho though. Rock band is alright, good songs and stuff, some ported to from GHIII, but I just like wailing on the drums. :cool: