truancy

Posted by Red

k, well I know most of you here are probably in your adult years or whatever, and probably out of highschool, but I'm wondering did your high school care allot about not going to class? last Friday I skipped out on my homeroom as it's pointless and boring (French). when I came back on Monday both my French teacher, tech teacher, and the office were heckling me! what the hell!? if I want to skip I'll suffer the consequences of not learning I shouldn't have to go through a bunch of **** at the office and have my parents phone in, then a detention etc. well I know no one else will but does anyone agree with me?

Posted by Dexter

Skip to college. You can miss classes all you desire.

I never went to High School.

Posted by Red

really? I thought you had to go to highschool...

well I couldn't do that anyway, I'd want to attend some university for tech or something (don't judge me by saying "I'll never go to University when I don't go to classes" because French doesn't matter to me, or what I want to do for a living.).

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Just go to classes. When you start a job, if you skip work, you're ****ed. You need to get used to it.

Posted by Ant

I skipped work all the time and look at me now. Jobless. Though I quit before they fired me because of it.

Posted by Red

Quoting The X: Just go to classes. When you start a job, if you skip work, you're ****ed. You need to get used to it.

no offense but I hate it when people relate school to work.

work is something you do (that you might not like) to make money.

school is something you do ( that in this case I don't like) to learn. but if I don't need French for the future then it is unimportant to me, the only reason for me to go to class is to pass highschool.

therefore skipping french makes sense to me, whereas skipping work would'nt.

Posted by Dexter

You don't have to go to High School. I certainly didn't and since I didn't I don't see why I ever should have. When I was 16 or 17 I went and got my GED and that was all I needed to start my college days.

Work and school is totally different, especially if you're talking about skipping days. I skip school days often and certain classes very often but I'll rarely skip a work day. It's your responsibility to do what you feel you need to do to get yourself into the position that benefits your lifestyle and making money by showing up to work is an important part of that. I didn't have parents around to pay my way so I started working for myself at a young age and I had to make sure I survived in order to even pay for college. Treat yourself and your life as if you’re playing an RPG. Level up. Earn the money from work, earn the credits from school, and become master of your aspirations.

Posted by Oforia

Show some class and go to class!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: no offense but I hate it when people relate school to work.

work is something you do (that you might not like) to make money.

school is something you do ( that in this case I don't like) to learn. but if I don't need French for the future then it is unimportant to me, the only reason for me to go to class is to pass highschool.

therefore skipping french makes sense to me, whereas skipping work would'nt.

It makes sense because you're an idiot. Schools don't want you to skip or miss days because they get paid to have you in attendance. You miss a day, they actually lose money. Besides that, they're responsible for you during school hours. You skip, get injured, your parents can rightfully sue the school. Also, kids who skip usually get into trouble with businesses and the school hears about it and is then forced to deal with it. It's a real hassle for schools to deal with.

As for school being like work, it's not much different (Dexter is wrong.) Yeah, you get paid to work, but school is preparing you for the workplace. Working with people, having a good work-ethic, getting into the routine and teaching you how to act, that all relates to the workforce. You're there to work, just like at your job.

Oh, and depending on what college/university you got to they may or may not care whether you show up. Why? Because you're paying them to be there. It's free money if you don't show up. However, certain schools will kick you out if you miss 24 hours worth of classes as an example.

Posted by Proto Man

I 100% agree with Vampiro on this one. Skipping classes are a big no no. Doesn't matter if you think it's important or not. My school calls the parents if you aren't in homeroom.

Posted by Dexter

Wrong. I miss plenty of classes and never hear a word and still get acceptable grades. But this is college. You're considered an adult at this stage. Some classes are worth missing. There's sometimes better things to do.

Quoted post: Working with people, having a good work-ethic, getting into the routine and teaching you how to act, that all relates to the workforce.

True, but school isn't the only place you get that. Like in my case. Never went to school yet I'm still very successful when it comes to work environments and financial dependency. I'm very skilled socially and know how to get jobs done and am smart enough to arrive. I didn't need school to learn that much.

High School is so retarded.

Quoted post: Wrong. I miss plenty of classes and never hear a word and still get acceptable grades. But this is college. You're considered an adult at this stage. Some classes are worth missing. There's sometimes better things to do.

Key word, college. I was talking about regular school. Even then, as I said, it depends on the college.

Quoted post: True, but school isn't the only place you get that. Like in my case. Never went to school yet I'm still very successful when it comes to work environments and financial dependency. I'm very skilled socially and know how to get jobs done and am smart enough to arrive. I didn't need school to learn that much.

High School is so retarded.

No ****, but you can't rightly give someone advice when your case is, well, an anomaly. I could say "Hey, don't go to college because look at me, I get paid tons and I didn't go!" The thing is though, most people need post-secondary and most jobs require a post-secondary education. High school is no different.

Posted by fates warning

Dont be a nigger, try just going to class

Posted by Xero

I'm still in high school.

More and more kids try to skip a class they don't like as the school year comes to an end. I, myself, was thinking about skipping a few religion classes. Unfortunately, I have severe parents that would probably berate me all night long if they knew I skipped a class.

My school is a private one. They check every single class who is here and who is not. When someone isn't in class, they check if he gave a notice of his absence along with a paper with his or her mom's signature. If not, they call home. Can't do it.

When I'll be in college next year, I know I'll probably be "allowed" to skip classes, but I was told that if I miss 2 classes of the same course or more, I would fail automatically.

Meh...

Posted by Red

Quoting Xero: I'm still in high school.
I, myself, was thinking about skipping a few religion classes.

I skipped religion once, I see where you're coming from. except at the time we literally wern't doing anything in class. it was near exams and all we did was "study" on our own.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

lol, wasted opportunity.

Quoted post: I skipped religion once, I see where you're coming from. except at the time we literally wern't doing anything in class. it was near exams and all we did was "study" on our own.

I ended up skipping religion enough to fail with a 37 it at one point in high school. Whoops.

Posted by Oforia

I ended up with a 15. I didn't go the whole semester.

The only grades I got were automatic 100's on various assignments.

Yeah, at midterms I had around a 17 or something. I ended up getting close to 100 on the exam which bumped up my mark by quite a bit. Which actually made my teacher fairly mad because I did the best in my class on it. made me lol

Posted by Oforia

It's because you are smarter than she is and she began to realize the truth.

It was actually a he and I really hated him. Apparently so did a lot of other people because he wasn't back the following year. Good times.

Posted by Xero

I love religion class histories.

I always sleep during my religion class, but I have 95%. The teacher's really not severe when he corrects the tests. It's a complete joke that course.