On the subject of body mods

Posted by Klarth

piercing. tongue. getting.

haha, a rod and two balls in my mouth. how hilarious.

does anyone else here have something similar? if so, any stories or recommendations? I'm only just readng up on the technicalities now; a simple stud either side of my tongue seems to be what I am looking into.

man this is really going to get raptor's goat isn't it :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

protip: Never Google image search 'rod stud tongue'. :(

Posted by Klarth

or "rod stewart", that's pretty bad too

Posted by Speedfreak

That's totally queer.

Posted by NES Queen

I'd think twice before the tongue ring. I had mine in for 10 years and it destroyed my gums. I had even switched to a softer acryllic ball for the bottom stud, but sitting against the back of my teeth and constantly rubbing ever so slightly against my gums completely jacked them up after all these years. My dentist said if I didn't take it out they would continue to receed and I'd eventually need a skin graft to make sure I didn't end up with grandma teeth before I hit 30.

Or maybe I just had a crappy piercing job done. I had problems with my nipple ring too a few months after getting it, so I've given up on putting foreign holes in my body where they don't belong. My body's made it clear it doesn't like them.

I'd say Vamp's the resident expert on piercings though, so I'd bounce all your questions/concerns off of him before you go poking.

Posted by Oforia

I have gauges in each ear.

[IMG]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/8500/1493126213lrz6.jpg[/IMG]

That's it though

Posted by Ant

anytime I hear of chicks getting nipple rings I can't help but think of the milk spurting out in all directions while the baby is suckling.

just me I think

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Mixman: I have gauges in each ear.

That's it though

I see people with ears like that all over my town back home, but the holes in the piercings themselves are much larger - I've met a guy who only had it done on one ear, but the ring in his lobe was large enough that he could fit three fingers through it. Not appealing, but I like the way you've got it down.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Wouldn't recommend it. It's not particularly fun to get used to and the swelling is a *****. Plus, it seems to take forever to heal and you've gotta really take care of it or infection is likely. Make sure the guy you're going to knows what he's doing, otherwise you're going to bleed a lot if he hits a vein. It also might heal crooked which might bother you a bit. However, it's not all bad like Queen's story. Proper sized jewelry and placement, plus avoid playing with the piercing and it should be cool once it's healed. You shouldn't chip a tooth or wear the enamel or **** up your gums. Just gotta be a bit more careful.

But yeah, don't do it, that's what I'd say. It's more of a pain than anything. It's highly prone to infection, it swells a lot, it takes a long time to heal, and it can be annoying to have in your mouth at times. But if you're really keen on it, whatever. It heals up perfectly in about a week.

Wait, you're going to get a piercing on the side of your tongue? Have fun ****ing up your teeth lol

Posted by Lord of Spam

think he meant top/bottom.

yeah, i'd say pass.

Posted by Oforia

You can really destroy your gumline with a tongue ring.

Posted by Reve

I think tongue rings look cool but I would personally never get it done. The chances of damage are too high for my comfort zone and the healing process has got to be awful. I got my navel done and the healing time for that was painful, I can't imagine that pain in my mouth. Not to mention eating with a fresh piercing has got to be a *****.

Posted by Crazy K

I never will get a piercing. I'm to scared to get one done, and the problems after it's done do not sound so great.

Anyways I know this kid in my school who has a piercing under his lip. He usually pushes it in and out.

But yeah I would never get a Piercing.

Posted by Reve

The piercing it's self isn't bad. Getting my navel done didn't even hurt. It's the first couple weeks while it heals is what hurts.

Quoted post: I never will get a piercing. I'm to scared to get one done, and the problems after it's done do not sound so great.

They actually aren't that bad, and there's really not all that much to be afraid of. The tongues just happen to be one of the worst places to get them because of bacteria, the constant movement of your tongue, and how easily you can damage your teeth and gums. Hell, not only do I have a few myself, but I also do piercings as a "second job" so I know the dangers pretty well. As long as your careful and take care of it while it's healing you'll experience no problems. Though there are those people that just get infected no matter, or have an adverse reaction even though everything was done correct, so hopefully you know that before going to get one.

Posted by Oforia

I don't know if I will get any more piercings. I probably won't but we'll see. The tongue rings seem to be pretty annoying. I hate having anything other than food or drink in my mouth. I probably won't get any facial piercings and I probably won't get anything below my face.

The only thing new I am going to get is more tattoos.

Posted by Trigger

Every person that I have known with a tongue piercing has had a lot of bad things to say about them, much similar to what has been stated here. All of them ended up removing them, too. If you want to waste your money on something that will barely be seen unless you're thrusting your tongue in people faces, go ahead.

The only good thing I hear about it is that it feels good when your fellow buddy is receiving from you.

Quoted post: The only good thing I hear about it is that it feels good when your fellow buddy is receiving from you.

Not even then really.

Posted by Trigger

I wouldn't know, I don't require the aid of metal in my mouth to rock you!

:O

Posted by Slade

All I know is that having a tongue ring made my English teacher sophomore year totally hot.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Tongue rings are prone to cause loss of sensation within the direct area of piercing on the tongue itself. Similar problems with genital/special areas. Not a popular (likely) problem, just probable.

[quote=Mixman;585160]I have gauges in each ear.

That's it though

Stretching can be fun. ;) I'm not to fond of "extraterrestrial" piercings, myself. I'd say if bothered enough, I'd be more into the surface implants and traditional facial augmentations. Big lobes, that I do..