Donkey Konga, or Jungle beat?

Posted by harvest-sprite

I'm stuck. Is donky kong jungle beat the same as donkey konga. The main question I am asking is this: [COLOR=Red]do you get to drum and clap along to songs in jungle beat, just like donkey konga [/COLOR] or not? Please tell me also which is better and which has the longer lifespan.

Posted by Shrran

They are quite different. Jungle Beat is a platformer where you use the bongos to move DK. Donkey Konga is a rhythm game where you clap and drum to music. I haven't actually played either of them, so I can't accurately say which is better, but I've always wanted to play Konga.

Posted by Shanuti Aborina

They are both good!

Konga lasta a lot longer though, Jungle beat is a painfully short experiance.

Posted by sephiroth_theunborn

I think Nintendo should have never made this game. To me its the wrost DK game ever made.

Posted by bazariah

it may not be one of the better games but

A: jungle beat is a pretty innovative platformer
B: donky konga is a rythem action game, which i feel is better than the ddr titles out there, i mean who doesnt like to whack bongos
C: play the titles, you may actually get some enjoyment out of them

Posted by Proto Man

I would say go with Jungle Beat, it is a platformer, and looks to be fun. I will say this though, with Konga, that game looks awesome because you can play bongos to your favorite Nintendo songs!

Posted by DeViaNt

Ive never played Konga but ive demo'd Jungle Beat in the stores a few times. I thought it was pretty entertaining once you got the hang of it. I figure ill buy it once the prices go down. And from what the commercial suggests, the new Konga has real songs.

Posted by Soul_Tassadar

Intresting, because I just got the congos and noth of these games a day ago, and I have to say, Im extremely pleased by the amount of fun I am having with them. I played 3 hours of CS Source, then my dad bought the Kongas and games, and I had more fun with the drums than playing cs with my cal-I buddies. lol