I did a speedrun last month

Posted by andrewg

http://www.archive.org/details/Mario1_500

Took me so long to do this, but I did it.

Posted by Bebop

You jammy baboon. Congrats on not using the conventional 1-2 speed run style.

Posted by Ant

Downloaded 163,482 times

I'm glad you came to tell us this.

Oh, and I saw two points where he messed up a bit. Could lower it a second maybe.

Posted by TendoAddict

Man mario's a$s sure had some close call with those angry plants. I would of sworn that it would of killed you.

Posted by Pit

i could beat the game in ****ing 2 seconds man you suck. When I start up the cartridge my game goes straight to the credits im so ****ing good.

Posted by Oforia

Very impressive. You had a close call with several of the plants.

Posted by dunno

This took you hours to do, and now what? you wasted your time lol unless you think people you don't know telling you nice job worth it

Posted by SomeCrazyGuy

Quoting dunno: This took you hours to do, and now what? you wasted your time lol unless you think people you don't know telling you nice job worth it

Unlike doing a job or career that, ultimately, serves only the lowest common denominator of mankind for close to 25% of your entire lifetime, yes, this was an incredible waste of time (Be it a custodian or President, the work you do will ultimately be done for them, like ti or not). Not to mention the fact that if a person has no known relation to you, their compliments mean absolutely nothing on the basis of not having the fortune of knowing your greatness (No, not egocentric in the least).

You can say people waste their time on countless things, so why would you waste your time pointing out something that at least has a tangible end result? Also, if this is a waste of time, what would you say ISN'T a waste of time? Riding a bike? Watching a movie with friends? Unless you are religious is have a cop-out like 'Praying' or something like that, really, riding a bike does nothing besides waste energy and creates a miniscule benefit to health, going out with friends is fun, but is often a great waste of time since nothing really comes of it besides the intangible possible small boost of friendship between you all... They are as much a waste of time as this, so if he enjoys it, why would there be a problem with it? Hey, there's also the bonus of allowing the category of people would would enjoy this sort of thing watch it!

(By the by, I can see someone using the time I'm posting as a way to attack me, so here:

I work overnight, so on the weekends, I am often up while everyone else is asleep.)

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Pit;584485]i could beat the game in ****ing 2 seconds man you suck. When I start up the cartridge my game goes straight to the credits im so ****ing good.
Yet, it takes you almost 4 years to feel important on some interwebs chat board? Awesome..

[quote=andrewg;584085]Took me so long to do this, but I did it.
Congrats, very nicely pulled off. Sure thought you'd had your ass chewed out by a few of those piranha plants.

Posted by andrewg

My mario 1 run is about perfect. Within 1 second actually; Less.

Posted by andrewg

Ok. So I beat the super mario bros. 2 world record for the fastest time to complete the game.

9 minutes 15 seconds. Video link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv6_JrWHFV0

Posted by Tabascork

I tried to speedrun Metroid Zero Mission, but I only got 2 hours and 8 minutes. Maybe next time I should skip all of the item hunting... :(

Posted by Roger Smith

Your suppose to skip all the side stuff, only go after the essentials.

Posted by Klarth

I did a Tales of Symphonia speedrun in 20 hours and I was awesome proud of myself until I found out that the record was around eight. Then I got one at nine hours and felt happy.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Down The Sun: Yet, it takes you almost 4 years to feel important on some interwebs chat board? Awesome..

Are you familiar with sarcasm sir?

Nah just pullin yer leg. To answer your question:

Yes.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I saw some of a speed run through FF6...now that was crazy! I didn't watch all of it since it was 5 hours long, only about 30 min. My record for that game is 12 hours. I don't think I'll be beating it faster than 5.
That's just madness, I tell you, Madness.