Mother Frucking FF:CC trailer!

Posted by Drewboy64

http://www.ffccnews.jp/2007/05/85.html

awesome

Posted by Speedfreak

He can fly, doesn't dress like a fag, wears FLIGHT GOGGLES and it's a full-on action RPG.

This looks a heck of a lot more entertaining than any other RPG coming out as far as I can see, with the possible exception of DQ:S.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

I still think Protagonist Lad looks too much like Whatserface from Baten Kaitos to be straight, but the gameplay looks promising.

Posted by nich

I think it looks really rad, especially the environments.

Posted by Zeta

Where are the Yukes? :(

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Prince Shondronai;583115]I still think Protagonist Lad looks too much like Whatserface from Baten Kaitos to be straight, but the gameplay looks promising.

I just don't see it, his hair is pretty normal for a guy and the jeans, flight jacket and goggles make him pretty masculine to me.

Posted by Ant

needs moar belts.

Looks good, but I'll save my judgments till I see some gameplay vids/impressions.

Posted by maian

Wai-

Does this one like, follow a storyline? As in, not "lol k deplete the darkness". I was expecting something like the original, so I wan't expecting much. Then again, I haven't been tracking this game. Someone fill me in on the uh, depth of this game? ;|

If it's actually more like a traditional RPG, I'm excited.

Posted by Speedfreak

Notice that the trailer shows no multiplayer whatsoever. This is more than likely a fully-fledged single player RPG.

Considering the DS game that just came out is designed for multiplayer then it could be Square's strategy to have DS as the multiplayer platform and Wii as the single player platform.

Posted by ExoXile

This will probably be what makes me buy a Wii.

I would have a long time ago, but my economy is a bit... Thin.

Meh, I wants Wiis. :(

Posted by Speedfreak

I've watched this trailer like 12 times. I wish 3rd parties would put more effort into games on Nintendo systems like Square are with this. Every single time a 3rd party really tried to make a Gamecube game special it always turned out great, and sales reflected that.

Posted by maian

Quoting Prince Shondronai: I still think Protagonist Lad looks too much like Whatserface from Baten Kaitos to be straight, but the gameplay looks promising.

He's a manly beastman compared to Square's recent works.

:cookie:

If it's indeed what Speedy says (And it looks so, too), that's more reason for me to buy a Wii, not that I haven't been horribly desiring one since before it came out anyway. >_>

Posted by Linko_16

Disappointing that it doesn't seem to be multi-player, they'd better do so with the DS one. I also hope it won't be like FFXII, where they based it off an existing Final Fantasy game with a colorful cast of awesome races, but then just used the human types for everything. Well, other than the exotic female type, of course.

Posted by Linkman

Looks better than I expected, a lot better. Lets just hope it's better than the first one, which lost my interest in about an hour. Disliked the whole multiplayer GBA thing.

Posted by Speedfreak

Oh, the DS game is definately multiplayer, might even be online. It also looks a lot more like the original CC than this does.

Here's the DS trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzqXfZW-vNM

Posted by Dexter

I'm still skeptical about this project, but I'm definitely going to buy. I'm looking forward to Fire Emblem and Dragon Quest more, too.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Dexter;584902]I'm still skeptical about this project, but I'm definitely going to buy. I'm looking forward to Fire Emblem and Dragon Quest more, too.

Quit whining.

[quote]"The original concept for the first Crystal Chronicles game was to create an action orientated take on the Final Fantasy world.," explained Kawazu. "Ring of Fates is really the direct successor to that title while Crystal Bearers, the Wii game, is taking a new direction.
"While it's still action orientated, with the Wii game we've chosen to focus on the experience of the solo player in immaculate detail. This game will be the more story driven of the two and will really play like an interactive adventure storybook. It will also use the Wii's unique hardware to its advantage. The protagonist has a fire type weapon that will be shot with the controller's trigger and, likewise, an airship will be controlled by tilting the Wii controller. We have lots of clever ideas for how to integrate the Wii's functions into the game mechanics."
Both Crystal Chronicles games look to be addressing the problems of the original game in their own ways. By using the DS as its platform, Ring of Fates has, in one move, helped dodge some of the annoyance of having four players each wanting to go their own way on the same screen (solved in the original game by the irritating gaseous miasma). Now each player simply has their own screen. Likewise both games look to be focusing on delivering a quality single player experience. In particular this will put the series in a position more likely to appeal to older Western gamers for whom local multiplay experiences are, at best, short sharp bursts on Wii Sports post-pub, rather than marathon 30 hour co-operative RPGs.