Back to Basics!

Posted by Skitzo Control

Alright, you bastards, I'm connected to XBC again and I say it's high time we played some Halo 1. I'm playing under the usual SkitzoControl, so let's do it!

Posted by Random

Deathlique.. And you know i'm game.. Perhaps this time i'll save your *** a time or two.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Why you're playing that ****ty game is beyond me, but I'll be on sometime.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Get on AIM every once in a ****ing while and we may be able to coordinate a little better!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

ugh, I don't even know how to get or use XBC

Posted by Skitzo Control

Rather simple:
[URL]http://www.xbconnect.com/index.php?topic=Downloads[/URL]
Take your pic from skinless to skinned, I personally prefer skinless because I don't need all the bells and whistles. To setup, simply have your computer and Xbox connected to the internet (either via router or hub or wireless). Go through all the "Create a New XBC ID" garbage, and you will find yourself staring a screen much like this:
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/SkitzoControl/xbctutor.jpg[/IMG]
Click "Tools," "Find," "My Console." At this point, your Xbox should be at the "Looking for Games" screen (in Halo 1, that'd be Multiplayer->System Link->Profile Select->System Link Games, in Halo 2, that'd be System Link->Choose Profile->Available Games). Select which network adapter your system will be on (generally, if both are selected, that will be fine), answer the question about your system being on a wireless network, then wait for the next window to pop-up to have 100% and the option to click "OK."
Now, you're ready to play XBC.
---
Tutor 2: How To Use XBC
At the top left of the XBC screen, you will see a list similar to this one:
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/SkitzoControl/xbctutor2.jpg[/IMG]
Click on the game that you want, and to the right of that list, another list will open up, like so:

Select the host of your choice, in this case, I'm going to select the one with the lowest ping. After you double-click the game you would like, a window like this will come up:

Go back to your console and TV, and a game should now be present in your "Looking for games..." list. You're in the room, and you're ready to play, just select their game and go. If the game is closed, that often means the game is in progress (in Halo 1), or the party has been closed. If the party has been closed, do not bother with that host, just leave that game room simply by clicking "End Game" and selecting a new one from the previous list.

Posted by cool gamer dad

56 ping on a Canadian host? oh jeez

Posted by Skitzo Control

Yeah. Apparently, my host is pretty beastly, 'cause I just got three guys from Louisiana in and they only had 70 pings, and I hosted one 3Box and 2 2Boxes for some 4v4 awesomeness, and they said the host was smooth.

Posted by cool gamer dad

56 is so beastly. On XBL, you have over 200 btw. H2 is smoother over XBC than XBL because you don't have a connection to Bungie's servers, etc. I see why they had to dumb H2 down, because if it was anything like H1, it would blow over XBL.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Even hosting H2 on XBC feels smoother, for some reason. I've only gotten in a few H1 games, since I started, but every time I play it I realize just how much I hate H2.

Oh man... I thought you said it was simple. That's a lot of stuff.

Posted by cool gamer dad

tl;dr version:

[LIST=1]
[*]Download XboxConnect
[*]Put the game in and go to the "System Link" option (LAN)
[*]Back at your computer, look for a host. Join the game, and when you do, the game will show up on your Xbox like you are playing a LAN game
[/LIST]

Wow, way to over explain, Skitzo.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Yeah, he explained some stuff that XBC will prompt you to do automatically like you had to do it manually. lol

But yeah, common sense, join the host with lowest ping, nearby host, etc. You're smart enough to figure out how it works.

no i'm not. all this computer stuff confuses me :(

Posted by cool gamer dad

**** you. If you can understand connecting to the internet or fixing your router like that one time everyone got disconnected from Hardkill's host, you can use XBC without a problem.

computers are too advanced for me :(

Posted by Skitzo Control

Take thumb, put in ass.

I'm stroking my prostate right now. Man, this feels real ****ing good.

Posted by Nihilus

nice

Posted by Skitzo Control

Way to contribue there, Hip, now get the hell out.
---
So, when can I expect Vamp and Stinger to be rockin' the H1 on XBC?

I'll set it up if Stinger starts playing it.

Posted by Skitzo Control

No! You set it up now and we rock the H1 or you will burn in hell for your crimes against humanity. And for that thing you did with the 12-year-old girl and ice tongs.

That was a night to remember. But I don't know, man. Playing Halo without someone meowing in my ear? I don't think I can do it.

Posted by Nihilus

If I felt like putting down Halo 2 I would warp back in time in pwn u, but, I'm not that bored

Posted by Skitzo Control

Hip, I'd be glad to take you to cLoWnToWn, H1 or H2. Shall we? Live or XBC, I don't care where we play.

Posted by Nihilus

I'm just joshin' ya'. I moved out to the country and I can't even get high speed out here. I'm a losery loser who no longer has Live. Truthfully I haven't picked up Halo i so long u would prolly murder me.

He'd probably murder you even if you played every day anyways.

Posted by Nihilus

Highly possible

Posted by Skitzo Control

Let's do this XBC ****, then, biznatch! I'll make you f34r my leet skillz.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Two Californians and a Canadian playing XBC together is a bad idea. Count me out. :charmande

Posted by Skitzo Control

**** YOU! Get the **** on XBC or I'll rip out your throat and dangle it from a fancy chain around my neck.

Quoted post: Two Californians and a Canadian playing XBC together is a bad idea. Count me out.

Don't worry, dude. I'll host.

Posted by cool gamer dad

If it was a map with edges, I'd be falling off every 30 seconds. That's how bad it would be.

Posted by Nihilus

I'm actually from Southern Illinois, almost like California. Just really boring, bad weather and less sports teams......nevermind, it's nothing like cali...

Quoted post: If it was a map with edges, I'd be falling off every 30 seconds. That's how bad it would be.

That has nothing to do with the host, you just suck at Halo.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Play H1 on a host with like 140 ping and you'll see how it works, Vamp. A lot of players (well, only me) call it "Ice Skating."

hey, not my fault you suck on skates, dude. Maybe if you live in Canada you'd be more adept at handling a slippery surface.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I've been on my fair share of slippery surfaces, if you know what I mean.;)

Posted by Skitzo Control

So, remember that time somebody other than me got on XBC and we played Halo and it was awesome? Of course you don't you filthy bastards 'cause nobody will do it. Let's play some H1.