scary movies arn't scary anymore

Posted by Fenris wolf

i've relized in the past couple years that movies that are supposed to be scary/horror arnt its just an hour and a half of gore.

Posted by WackoHater2

You're right, they aren't scary anymore. The gore isn't a bad thing though.

Posted by Dexter

They may not be scary to you anymore, but they're certainly scary to other people. I don't remember the last time I was scared during a film.

Posted by Bebop

Stop watching bad films then.

Posted by ElroyJetson

Yeah, I'm not into scary movies (the girlfriend is), although 28 days later wasn't terrible. I dont think scary movies scared me when I was a child, no way they could scare me now.

Posted by Bebop

They arent scary now because they just recycle everything. I can't remember the last original horror I saw.

Posted by ElroyJetson

Why make originals...When you can make REMAKES!!!

No one needs to have a brain that way.

Posted by Fenris wolf

Quoting ElroyJetson: Why make originals...When you can make REMAKES!!!

No one needs to have a brain that way.

lol true, but yeah I guess they could be scary to someone. take a look at hostle(sp?) 28weeks later, the hills have eyes 1 & 2 all of them were just 1.5-2 hours of gore i just think if your tring to make a scary movie make a scary movie

Posted by Xero

It's been a while since I've seen a really scary horror movie. The last one I saw was Texas Chainsaw Massacre and it wasn't that scary. Didn't catch my attention much.

The best horror movies I've seen in my life are The Ring and The Grudge. Now those, to me, were good scary movies.

Posted by ElroyJetson

I kind of laughed during the Ring, so it obviously didn't scare me, and I've yet to see the grudge. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

Posted by G-Sides

if you guys want a creepy fucking film without the gore etc etc, check out the mothman prophecies :s

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Keep in mind most films that are supposed to be scary movies are in fact gore movies. On top of that, we've become desensitized to it. There's not going to be much they can do to scare us, when highly gory images barely gross us out. Problem is, we know it's a movie and there's not much they can do about that.

That, and they're not trying. All horror movies make money, no matter how bad they are. They know it, and they exploit it. Easy money.

Posted by Linko_16

I don't mind way too much if a movie that is supposed to be scary is completely mild, the only problem is when they're trying so hard to be scary that they forget to make the movie itself any good.

Posted by Nihilus

Horror movies are pretty much chick flicks anymore. The only ppl that get excited about movies like The Hills Have Eyes 2 are like my little sister. I remember when the original Amittyville Horror scared the crap out of me. When the little girl looks outside and sees the 2 little eyes...cheesy ,but, it gave me nightmares when I was just a lad.

Posted by Dexter

True. It seems to me like girls are more interested in such films compared to guys. I wonder why that is. No doubt they get scared easier than guys do. Right?

Posted by Nihilus

thats probably the best explanation

Posted by Crazy K

I have not been scared of scary movies since my younger years. I can honestly say most of them suck to me, but that's just me. There are many people out there who still get freaked out when they see a horror flick. I do get the occasional jumps, but I know when it usually happens.

They just don't make horror like they used to. :(