Halo Discussion

Posted by Raging Gamer

Seeing as the hackers like to ruin this board, I am once again creating the thread to discuss anything Halo 2. Have a blast.

Posted by higbvuyb

When you board a tank and plant a grenade, can you get injured by splash damage by the grenade? does it damage the tank?

Posted by Master Chief 12

No, you cannot get hurt by splash damage of the grenade. Yes, it does damage the tank.

Posted by Gorilla Jones

hig, the grenade does indeed damage the tank or wraith as well. I love using the wraith especially and many a time I have been boarded, killed my atacker and gotten back in my wraith to see that one of the wings is broken. :|

Posted by Cloudstud

Ok before anyone gets worked up im not a cheater i wouldnt cheat and i HATE it when people cheat. But anyway to the point. I have heard of a couple of people who have actually gotten booted from halo 2 for cheating. Are these ways of cheating simply glitch cheats or are people actually typing it cheat codes, or is it more complicated. Im not interested in cheating at all i just want to know that its harder than typing in a simple code so i can feel better about when i win or lose. I dont know if its me but there are times when it seems like specific person im playing against is almost impossible to kill, not because of their skill but you can be shooting them in the back and they turn around and shoot you like once and its over. It just doesnt make sense somtimes. If anyone has any info on how people go about cheating or what Bungie is doing to stop them that would be great.

Posted by Foxy McCloud

Do not underestimate the power of a head shot with a shot gun.

I have heard of some so-called cheats like messing with your ethernet connection to go through walls but nothing earth shattering.

Posted by Skitzo Control

The way to cheat is either through glitch manipulating (dummy, sword-rocket), and through activating standby on your modem. If you are caught doing this, you will be banned from Xbox Live, not just Halo 2, and you will no longer be able to play until you activate your next account.

Posted by Axis

God I hate cheaters online. Their so cheap, then the shout obscenities when the game is over shouting how good they are.

Posted by Arczu

I have seen this sword-rocket glitch before. That's pretty annoying to think that can happen. I was wondering how people were flying up the side of a cliff when I sniped into their little camping tent and marshmallows...

What do you mean by turning your modem to stand-by mode? What or how is it people mess with their connection in the first place? Don't they just automatically disconnect if any problems occur?

Posted by Shade

If you're just playing against your friends, the sword glitch can be pretty cool. I used it to get on top of a building and snipe them. Good times.

Posted by KingSouth32

Actually, Bungie stated themselves that if it is a glitch such as grabbing a flag through a wal, is not cheating. They stated getting to a place by turning off your modem, walking there, and turning it back on sfter you have scored IS cheating. SO glitch all ya want is what they say. No they Stand-by glitch does not auto. disconnect it eill mess w/ the ppl our playing w/ but not yours. Also, Bungie is working on letting them work in custom games but not matchmaking. They would like to get rid of the stand by cheat for good.

Posted by KingSouth32

Actually, Bungie said some glitches are fine to do. such as grabbing a flag through a wall, but the stand by glitch. Oh no. They are working on getting it rid from Halo 2 . I know some pretty cool glitches. Ever wanna do them just Message KingSouth32 on Xbox Live!!!!!!!! They should disconnect, but they dont because w/ stand by you actually are invisible it said you quit but you can see everything and every body. Many ppl use it on CTF or Assault because if they use it they can win because of the simple fact you can see them.

Posted by DarkBlade

**** HALO2 Its taken the life from me!

but its so kick ***... I cant stop.. And even If I wanted to, now it seems like a waist of skill... I know to much about the game to leave. and ive only started to begin compitition for tourneys... plus online play... Goodbye SSBM skill...

MY accounts are ACE714 VDOS and a few others like BAttosia09 (the man slayer.. spelling may be off) and Shenoieken (agian, spelling) Why do I have so many, there not mine^^ There my buds but we share em alot... VDOS use to be in the top 100 in Rumble pit till a few noobs messed it up completly.... He had like 20 wins in a row by far. aswell with ACE. We also know some good people like SadPanda ranked 4th in all of bungie of RumblePit and such.

Anyway.. Id like to set up some skill tactics and glitches. No **** stuff like standby or dumming(since most forms of dummying are stand by and bad **** Ive stopped this usage all together)
Seperated into a few sections.
Pardon my repulsive spelen^^

Sword
:link2:Sword Cancling: By pushing X when you swing the sword, you swing it really fast. Same for other guns and there melees. This is usless cept for a later tactic/glitch. Its usless cause the fast swing does no damage.

:link: Sword Flying and Long Sword Lunge: There are 2 ways to do this. The first is with a vehicle with passanger seats like the warthog or spectrum. More called swrod flying. You simple get a sword and go into a passanger seat in a vehicle. Get a red target ans swing, when you get out when the target goes away you follow it. even in air. So flying is capable. This isnt very usfull in multi play but you may use it in some things. single player is fun but you can die from air so it isnt usfull but sight seeing in single or co-op. this vid might help you maximize you distance plus a secret sword you may not know about in single player^^(there are about 7 secret swords in single/co-op)
this vid should help [url="http://http://www.halotv.net/html/modules.php?name=Web_Links&l_op=visit&lid=224"]http://http://www.halotv.net/html/modules.php?name=Web_Links&l_op=visit&lid=224[/url] and [url="http://http://www.halotv.net/html/modules.php?name=Web_Links&l_op=visit&lid=227"]http://http://www.halotv.net/html/modules.php?name=Web_Links&l_op=visit&lid=227[/url] for some funny peter pan flying^^
The 2nd and more valuable sword fly is more limited. Long Sword lunge. You get the sword and a 2ndary weapon like the rocket for best preformance. The carbine and battle rifle have different timing and the distance is abit shorter. Now, unzoomed, and target the opponent with the rocket or battle rifle so it comes red, switch then lunge and if done rght you go flying to them for a lunge kill attack, it is aviodable if the player moves to the right or left but then they got the problem of you being 3 feet to them with a sword^^. The range is the maximum target unzoomed, the sniper isnt as good as youd think.. the rocket is easiest and best and battle rifle to a 2nd with faster timing. This isnt banned either. bungie says they dont see why others use it more.. Its really good but requires alot of skill and timing. If you push x, you cancle the attack, still lunging but you swing at them and it does no damage. good for getting ontop of levels like headlong.

:link2: Sword Jumping: This involves Sword Cancling. You have a guy jump ontop of a nother guy with a sword, allie or foe, it works. The bottem guy looks up and start sword cancling the top guy as the top jumps, this make the top guy go very high, good for gettingthe oddball dude were others cant get him on zanzy or getting on top of headlong if your not to good at long sword lunging or have no angle to do it. you go really high if you know how to do it. mark it up with long sword lunging for a surprising Supa Jump if only one guy has a sword. Its the miracle jump^^

:confused: Did you know?: with a sword you go faster. .1 speed and zoomed you go .1 speed slowwer. just some info you might want to know about.

Guns
:bangbang: Triple Weilding: This will allow you to have 3 amo clips, good for those who hate the amo storage in the pistol. Basicly, you need 3 of the same gun that can be duel weilded. -Needler, Pistol and the SMG- you grab the gun then grab a different gun with x so you have the desired gun as your 2ndary backup weapon, then you grab a duel with that gun then duel with x.
EX: grab pistol with X, switch back you your smg, then find a pistol and duel that with y, then grab another pistol with x so your dueling pistol;s with a pistol back up. This is the only way to do it since bungie tried to not let you have the same gun on the back up. Sry you did a crappy job there guys^^

:bangbang: Amo trick: Im still abit confused about this. It may only work with the SMG but if you can do it with a pistol it be awsome. you have only abit amo in you duel smg so one is full an the other is partialy full. You drop the duel, pick it up and you have magic amo to reaload. do it agian and agian. for infinit amo. Its hard to explain how to do it so look around the web if you think its worth while to learn. It only give ya like 12 bullets for pistol and 30 for smg so the full clip of that gun or so.

:confused: Did you know?: the regulare pistol isnt the only duel headshot kill, the plasma pistol Uncharged will let you kill em if its a head shot, so duel plasmas can kill just like plasma pistol pistol, its just charged shots go for the body, not head and regulare shots go so slow..

:sniper: Second hand snipe: There are rumers and those who say if you get a lock on the sniper from a distance on the head, even if the opponent dodges it he gets killed cause of some stallation glitch, one of the many things I still have to do on my list...

:bounce2: Needler reflecting: When you have some shield, and move left and right alot, most the needlers will reflect off of you, doing no damage. its one of the resons why the needler still suks..

:confused:Did you know?: Bungie actualy made the needler suky agian. When they first made it, in a combo it was decent, but duel needlers rocked so much they had to tone it down, to sht... thnx alot bungi..
"The right trigger fires my SMG, and my left trigger fires my Needler, which is actually worth picking up in" :rolleyes:

Gernades
:fire: Gernade Jumping: just like halo1 you can throw a nade, jump over it and go farther. To get to places you couldent get to before by yourself. Works with both nadeds but frags do better since they bounce and has 2 second timing. Also can be done with the rocket if ya got an overshield. and other bombs. just be of care.

:confused: Did you know?: You can shoot a frag in mid air? Ive seen pro vids of godly guys throw a frag at an oponent from a distance, cause the angle allows him not to be damaged from any bounced shot, he shot the frag with a sniper and killed him. If the frag is close enough to you it can be a 1 hit kill. it mainly has to touch a piece of your body. cant be done with a plasma though...

Basic junk
:metool: Crouching and crouch jumping: Just a quick one to noobs, if you crouch and walk you dont come up on radar and if you crounch before landing a jump on a platfor you can get to it were regulare jumps canot. also crouching lets you decrease the damage done to a splash zone of a frag or rocket. or whatnot..

Spartans and Elites
:rainbow: Guess who?: Elites with the 2ndary color red who are on the blue team look like a red guy up close. a step forth for the elites. cause it may fool ya once or twice in a big battle with alot of distraction around.

:bang_bang Range of the spartins: The spartins have an advantage over the elites, there range. with the guns and long sword lunging, the spartans can go abit farther. a step back for the eleits..

:double: Elite dummy: I wount say how cause the dummy glitches are being caught and banned. But if you see an elite who wont die, he may be using an elite dummy glitch. there are many dummy glitches but I wont say any of them now.

:sleeping:Sleepers: The term used for ppl contesting a bomb near the enemy base, works good on water works and zanzy and expecialy headlong. find you own spots.

:grab: SUK IT BLUE!: one of my fav quotes from
[url="http://www.redvsblue.com/"][/url]
Its acutaly true. On 1 flag ctf and assult, red team has an advantage. the last poitn is worth 1.5 points so a tie breaker with red team to score on the last round wins. Now. the noobs think its cool, and the intermediats think its unfair. but actualy few know that the blue team in any thing, the blue team gets the extra member if there is an odd count. its just rare to see an odd number seeing the files like even numbers. a fair advantage in big team and skirm. but blues have advantage in slayer more so and such. get it?

Vehicles
the 2nd part of the warthog sword flying glitch is up to the top of tricks.

Tank Fliping: get a scorpion and a wraith. the wraith turbos under the scorp and shoots. the rest is all on the count of ~Magic[color=yellow]~ [/color]The scorpion goes flipping out, hunreds of feet in the air. Kinda cool scene. heres a vid.[url="http://http://www.halotv.net/html/modules.php?name=Web_Links&l_op=visit&lid=225"]http://http://www.halotv.net/html/modules.php?name=Web_Links&l_op=visit&lid=225[/url]. It also shows how to get to the sniper spot on coag with a spectrum and some other nifty things.

:confused: Did you know?: you know your lagging when you cant see the blue ball from a wraith shot. Use this to your advantage on yellow lag^^

Boxxing: On WaterWorks, the wraith can box off the front and back entrance on the base by pushing them into the entrences, the boxes help perfectly in good deffence, and cant be moves unless you got alot of rocket amo to waist, thrwo frag for a long time or melee it for hours... or get a wriath yourself... there are 6 boxes to block the front, back, and the enemy tunnel always to your left. Learn this skill quick cause its a normal and effecient skill in neatral bomb to single falg and multi flag. helps more on multi falg an neatrual bomb cause of long time. this also prevents them coming above quickly from one of the boxes. Ive seen a pro boxxer get one on the back side upper entrence and one inside on a multi ctf. Making it nearly imposible to get in.. and out... if you could block the top stop from them teliporting, that be even cooler. be a master boxer and learn this sht!

:confused: Did you know?: that you can get a box inside the base? goot for flag cause then its a fuking ***** to get that flag. is possible but at first glance seems imposible and you may need to go to the other side of the box to do it.

:confused: Did you know?: You can get a warthog in the waterworks base by driving it up the ramp and in. its hard but capable. for even MORE blocking useage or another turret in or on top of the base.

:bash: Turret Armor: Ther turrets give the person more armor. Headshots with a sniper still kills in 1 shot but meleeingin the back does ****, just like hitting there front half. plus, the sword attack make you go Over them most the time if you dont know how to hit it. the target system ushaly lock the head and you fly over them. "HAHA, HOW THE FUK DO U MISS A TURRET" is what youl then hear from them... suks doesnt it.. just shoot em insted of my fav, plasma nade em. funny as ****^^

:sniper: Ghost sniping: Now, I dont brag much but I Kick Ghost *** with anything from a plasma to a sniper to a smg. I Always hit that jump from hearing a ghost turnboing up behind me. infact, cause I use hearing so much, I die more from my friends then foes. "I heard you but didnt think you run me over you team killing fuktart" But anyway. There is a snip spot on a ghosts right side, its glowing right near their feet. Snip it with a battle rifle to a sniper or even a pistol to destroy the ghost. or just hit their head or body twice to grab it yourself. you wont kill them from a tank explotion unless they got a 50% shield or so. also, most think when htere being turreted from a ghost looking at them, they got no chance, the head is out of reach cause 9of that bulk in the front. Well, there are 2 ways to do it, the right way and wrong, the wrong is waist your amo to try and blow off the hood then snipe their head. the right is to kill them in 2 shots by shooting the small spot at the bottem, even if a ghost is looking right at you and shooting, their feet are slightly exposed. Show them whos boss!

Double Banshie Jack Back: Now, you put 2 and 2 together to relize that you can jack a banshie with the long sword lunge or sword fly, and its kinda hard to.. but what do you do if you get jacked. Flip it up. The momentum will send you up for about a second or 2 if done right, then come back down and grab it yourself. I dont use banshies much cause legacy controls dont work with it well..... but the up flip is the only easy thing to o with legacy and I found that you can flip it and jack them back. Totally rub it in their face when u do cause it looks kick ***. however, if they boost, they can avoid it. just pray they're dum..
(K, by now, you know these words arn't official "double banshi jack back.." there words I use for em. cause theres no official word for em)

Comparing Tanks: The scorpion is more armored to plasmas than the wraith by 1/3rd abd twice as stong to the brute shot than the wraith but frags are the same. the ghost kills the scorpion faster abit than the wraith but the gause gun of the warthog kills the wraith in 3 good shots and the scorpion in 4. he banshie kills the scorpion abit faster, like 1/5th faster. the regulare watrhog and the rocket kills them the same.
So these vehicles are different to different hits. learn em, know em, live em.

Maps
Lockout: Wow, there are so many things to do on lockout.. Expecialy with a flag. You can jump anyway and actually Throw the flag to a guy on a bridge and die. he gets the flag, you spawn on top and he passes it through the celling with you grabbing it up there. 133t! there are many jumping spots on lockout to get the flag back real quick. heres a site for pretty good vids. I learned a few things here. however. for lockout, there flag tactics suk...
[url="http://uhaweb.hartford.edu/AURICCHIO/"]http://uhaweb.hartford.edu/AURICCHIO/[/url]
I know a much better place for Real lockout flag stuff thats so 133t suicide jumps for flagging. The best ive seen here was the headlong flag pass through the wall. Ill need to master that to get that flag outside the wall fast^^
Edit: and heres one of the cool vids for flags. a few good things in here.[url="http://www.shr00m.com/halo2/lockoutft.wmv"]http://www.shr00m.com/halo2/lockoutft.wmv[/url]

Burial Mounds: That vid showed one thing thats usful but I realized sooner. Its really practicle than other tricks but only if you can do it fast. You drive the hog though the tunnel and a guys on the hood holding X. he grabs the flag as it goes across the bridge then flys of from the momentom as the hog crashes. If angeld right, you can go through the 2 beams of metal. Its my fav flag tactic. Well.. that Ive perfected more or less...

Coagulation(isnt that a water filtering system): like in halo one you can fling a guy ontop of the base, just less cooler.. in halo1, you hit the rock and the guy gets out on the passanger side to go ontop of the base real quick. Coag will let you grab the flag under with the banshie of hog right through the ceiling. Also you can go down, grab the flag and pass it up to a guy on top and he teliports.

Zanzibar: Throw the flag through the gates, jump onto the rocks and pass it up through the battle rifle spot. there are so many ways to do this. Im not gona state em all.

Edit- Water Works: One of my best and fav stages. Besides boxxing up entrences and junk, there is much to do. I saw a vid of a star pro just go in a base that was totaly boxxed and demolish there stratigy. In 2nd person, his partner was looking at his friend pull out a sniper, going forward in front of the base and then the pro started getting headshots, reload, then point up and start shooting, his last bullet, he then pointed back down, headshot a guy ontop of the base, then jump. Now, the boxxes make it hard to get in, but this is were the up shooting at nothing helps. I thought there was a banshie cause his partner didnt look up to show ya, he was shooting the pillars at the top!, one must have fallen so when he jumped, he landed on one of the pillars that fell on the ground leading up to the base, he then jump off it and it disipered jsust then, got the flag and threw it out the window so then the guy who was viewing it grabed it and ran. Course they didnt get half way till then died, but then got it back bit by bit. It was just cool witnessing those pillars come into play to get in front of the base that quick! a very nice tactic + the hands on a pro = death for the other team...

There are many ways to fuk there flag:us:
Why dont we discus your tactics for flags and junk... Im tiered...

Conclusion.
1. Know your map, guns and duels.
2. know your opponent
3. i hav bad spelen
4. know stramadigy^^
5. Im to lazy to type anymore

Edit: I will update this from time to time if I feel its needed or find some new stuff..

Thanks for the strategies and cheats DarkBlade. The strategies helped a lot.

Posted by Speedfreak

The only remotely decent game on Xbox, and it's not even that fucking great. Goddamn, I'm selling all these crappy games and waiting for Conker.

Posted by Axis

Conker is going to be a kick *** game, especially if you've played the first Conker.

Posted by DarkBlade

Lockout: A Cheap way to win neutral assult, oddball, or a neural flag, in this normal type game. Get the ball, go up to the rifts to the left or right of either base. It should be a dome like tunnel with 2 plasma nades on the right of each dome looking at it. Jump ontop of the dome then all the way to the top corner of it, drop the bomb/oddball/flag facing the wall and it should drop in that corner. Far enough so no1, even you, can reach it. So, if your cheap, use it... But I mainly put this up so you can inform your team that they will win if there even up by a point or second for oddball. Make sure the carrier doesnt get ontop of those domes or your fuked...

Zanzibar: I love this stage, its good for most anything but multi junk. On oddball I always get up high and snipe the 2 explosive barrels to make the bomb go to the mid shotgun under the rocket. With oddbal there must be dosens of places to go to fuk the other team. Im sure we all know that to get the sword, you can just throw a nade in the hole to get the sword. or rotate upwards on the windmill and jump ontop of the dome then go and get the sword.
*pikachu* [color=yellow]Pikachu says: Use sound to your advantage Im sure every1 can hear the sword bridge go down... I like throwing nades other ways to sneak closer to snipers. In lan parties I Always cough when I get the invisy or overshield. Till they find out..... When I get a sword I emideitly switch to the 2ndary gun. I dont even see the sword come out, let alone hear it. People will run to you if you only have 1 smg, then pull out that son of a bitck stick right in front of them.^^ Chu on that.
Cant say how many time dum kids fall for this. Your all alone in a multi flag at there base, your in the front crouch walking, "Um, hey, can some1 take out that red guy at the bottem of our base, hes hiding in a corner down there" I see 2 blue dots down there asking "Were?" "Outside on the corners" Grab the flag then run out the front door. I dont live of corse but I get the flag 1/4 of the way most the time^^
On Headlong its the same, tell em theres an enemy down at the bottem if your up high. On water works tell em theres a guy near the base teliporter or zannzy tell em the bomb and 2 guys are coming through the invisibility side when you have invisy and crouch walk to arm it by yourself or so. I use this stuff all the time.

[/color]

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Speedfreak: The only remotely decent game on Xbox, and it's not even that fucking great. Goddamn, I'm selling all these crappy games and waiting for Conker.
I haven't heard much about it, but I'll get it and tear stuff up with you...hoping for a good stat and clan system.

Posted by DarkBlade

Baka su!... My halo tourny went to sht. The team 4 on 4 double elimination brackets that went to a 1 on 1 round robin then 1 on 1 brackets went to standard 8 free for all god dam rumblw pit.....
Im wondering, how many ppl here agree out of all the regular match syustems, which one takes the least skill to win...
Their just like Otakon... If there are more ppl, well just put more on one match in a free for all to make it go by faster...
I can count all the ppl there thgat are a match to me on Smash with 1 hand yet only get into the 4/5 brackets.. meaning tecnicly im in the top 20%.... No Skill
NO GOD DAM SKILL!!!

And it all New Jerseys Fault! cause of there vast numbers coming down to P.A. for this tourny...

Soooo sad...
:bowser:

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting DarkBlade: Baka su!... My halo tourny went to sht. The team 4 on 4 double elimination brackets that went to a 1 on 1 round robin then 1 on 1 brackets went to standard 8 free for all god dam rumblw pit.....
Im wondering, how many ppl here agree out of all the regular match syustems, which one takes the least skill to win...
Their just like Otakon... If there are more ppl, well just put more on one match in a free for all to make it go by faster...
I can count all the ppl there thgat are a match to me on Smash with 1 hand yet only get into the 4/5 brackets.. meaning tecnicly im in the top 20%.... No Skill
NO GOD DAM SKILL!!!

And it all New Jerseys Fault! cause of there vast numbers coming down to P.A. for this tourny...

Soooo sad...
:bowser:

Depends I guess. If someone that sucked got matched with good partners in Team Slayer, he'll probably win. But if an average/above-average player goes into Rumble Pit, it kinda depends on their spawns. If I were to spawn next to the Rocket, only I would know exactly when it comes back. So I'd whore it the whole game.

Posted by DarkBlade

Na... it was 4 person rumble pit... totaly random... I got into the semi finals but got beat out by the 3rd place winner... I saw about 4 guys better than me, That I Didn't Know! thats rare but they came from NJ so if your coming out of state, you Better be good... I kicked all there asses in Smash though... Beat the best guy there without knowing it so what I thought as to making a few money matches of that were gone...:(
But a good time. The winner was Impact. i suspect his acount to be around that name...
Learned 1 thing there aswell.
Supa Jump::jump: This is done on Coag but I saw Impact do it on burial and bever creak on acident...
On Coag, the ramps to the mid part of the base out back will lead you up to the plasma pistol, turn 90 degrees left or right and youl see the outside bulk of the base will have a triangulare hole on left opr right of it, jump and crouch duck it perfectly to go somewhat stuck in the hole, afterwards just step back and jump and the mass and gravity or some junk send u strait up to the distant of a rocket/sword lunge. But you cant move side to side... Ill try to put this into a tactic if it kills me cause its a 1 person supa jump! Get a banshie to time when to "push" the flag carrier or whatnot.. If its possible with a flag will be up to you guys to find out...
Getting into the side hole is hard, timing it is even harder but I have seen a guy preacticly perfect it so its just some type of timing.. ill turn this info to a guy whos perfected the rocket/sword lunge and every glitch I know to test this seeing hes the one with free time(and an Xbox... I dont own one... try telling that to ppl you pwn at real tourneys^^' )

Seeing that this is possible on bever creak and all mabey theres some form orf art to were to use this. Master chiefs mass and all must fuk somthing up right!?!?..

Posted by evancooleo

I got a gooood question...before H2 came out an e3 demo showed a really fun level where you drive a warthoge and blow up the alien spaceships and brutes drop down...BUT IVE BEAT THE GAME ABOUT 5 TIMES AND STILL HAVENT PLAYED THAT LEVEL!

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting evancooleo: I got a gooood question...before H2 came out an e3 demo showed a really fun level where you drive a warthoge and blow up the alien spaceships and brutes drop down...BUT IVE BEAT THE GAME ABOUT 5 TIMES AND STILL HAVENT PLAYED THAT LEVEL!
That'd be because it's not in the game.

Posted by KingCactuar

suck it ez!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoting evancooleo: I got a gooood question...before H2 came out an e3 demo showed a really fun level where you drive a warthoge and blow up the alien spaceships and brutes drop down...BUT IVE BEAT THE GAME ABOUT 5 TIMES AND STILL HAVENT PLAYED THAT LEVEL!

It feels like I've explained a hundred times already. Just because you see something in a trailer doesn't mean that that it will be in the game. It just demonstrated the game.

Posted by Degenerate

Yeh ive seen people jump amazingly high as well but i have no idea how they do it. its not only on caugulation ive seen it though and its not throught the same method that you described the ones ive seen seem to be able to do it on command as if it was a normal jump. thats not the only wierd thing ive seen

ive seen people who can change the size of their character as well and seem impossible to die. the guy just grew huge and me and my bro got into a warthog and shot the hell out of him but nothin happened we were shooting him for like a good 2 minuets in the hog and everyone else who was in the game wos shootin him as well not to mention my bro hit him head on with the warthog 3 times but nothin happened. eventually he did die tho after countless attempts.

I have also seen a flying warthog not like a grenade launch but acctually flying with people in it. it has the same manouvers as the banshee but the advantage of this is that someone can be in the back shooting whilst there is a passenger and a driver as well as the driver can constantly boost whilst the person in the back shoots whereas unlike with the banshee the driver can only either shoot or boost but not both at the same time.

people have got onto the crane on headlong. i have no idea how this is performed either but it seems impossible to be killed when you are their though.

people can get onto of the sniping tower on lockout. i kno how this is done though. go up it as if u are normally and jump onto the ledge infront of you. you then turn around facing where u came from and grenade jup[ to a small little ledge sticking out above u. after this u grenade jump again and you should end up onto of the sniping tower

there is a way how to get ontop of the transport tube tower on lockout as well but i dont know how to do this.

if i should find out any of this i will post it. i have already been looking for the super jump but all i can find is fukin sword jumps and the tank jump which is when u ram it with a wraith

I just hope that if someone here finds out that they post it cos it sucks when people do super jumps but there is one bad thing about super jumping and thats when you do it you move slowly in the air. i have sniped sum bas*ards head off whilst he was doing a superjump and i f*ckin loved it.

also just as a little note there are more ppl who cheat in america (epsecially the flying hog) on xlink kai than in england

Posted by lowrider boy

When you place a bomb on a tank when you board it you can not get injured at all from that only the people in it can get hurt!!!!!!

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting Degenerate: the guy just grew huge

what sort of an idiot want to get bigger? so he can get shot more easily? I think you are lying.

Posted by DarkBlade

Degenerate, Alot you said can be easly done if you know the procces.
As for the giant stuff... u got me.. stand by? I know a few launching warthogs and them spinning around like crazy and dummying but flying like the banshie....? sounds allitle to much like halo1 on the pc... [url="http://www.halotv.net/html/modules.php?name=Web_Links&l_op=visit&lid=27"]Link to see flying warty^^[/url] (with some other stuff^^)

now the crane can be normaly done by sword lunging there heads.. the rocket thing(my 1st post at top) but I have seen ppl do nade jumps(also at top post) and banshie stuff to get there.
This site is uber for jump vids to show you How to do em. Late jumping and crouching at last second is the key to get to places.
[url="http://files3.bungie.org/mrjukes/"]http://files3.bungie.org/mrjukes/[/url]
That place Should show you several methods for super jumping. its not just hacking... jumping with tanks ramming into u, using nade jumps and sword lunging/rocket jump to banshi jumps and slide jumps for speed. there are many ways on many levels, explosive, vehicle, weapon, and stage.

Explosive, Using gernades, or explody things like those yellow tanks, ushaly done with overshields..
Vehicle, Banshi junk and more, or when theres a tank upsidown and fliping it while on it. Or ramming a wraith into a guy(with overshield) on some parts of the map for them to go high. there are many ways.
Weapon. See my 1st post... or rocket jump(overshield)
Map. I dont think jukes shows many of these. The slide jump is jumping onto a diagonal piece of land and jumping that to increase speed. He shows this alot.
On coag, theres a spot on the back of the base. A small hole on the outsides left and right, you can get in it by jumping off the back ramp and crouching at the last second.. Now, you back up and jump at last second to fly in the air really high. Its just cool. not much use more or less..

Alot of jukes stuff helps you in camping technics and stuff.

As or more cheaters in the USA, thats cause more ppl probably play in the USA:us:

Posted by sniperjb

wair is the mini master cheif on delta halo

What are you talking about?

Posted by tsm6

hey eve

Posted by sniperjb

the small action figure you can find on the map delta halo
p.s have you found the big football on campaign

Posted by Linko_16

Title changed by request on the grounds that discussion should be expanded to both games.

Posted by cool gamer dad

love you linko much love from the halo community hi

Posted by Skitzo Control

I got my anus thoroughly stretched- and worn-out in Halo 1 today, courtesy of Soul Calibur, via XBC. One of these days, I'll be able to show some of these games.

Posted by halo2freak

I know how to get the scarab gun

Posted by halo2freak

:boom:

Posted by halo2freak

:sniper: :bang:

Posted by tsm6

i kick @$$ at halo

Posted by tsm6

Quoting halo2freak: :sniper: :bang:

how do u make those faces

Posted by tsm6

Quoting higbvuyb: what sort of an idiot want to get bigger? so he can get shot more easily? I think you are lying.

wats up i gat u messed

Posted by higbvuyb

What do you prefer? the halo 2 smg or the halo 1 assault rifle?

Posted by Night Owl

Assulault rifle, it fires alot faster.

Posted by higbvuyb

I thought the SMG fired faster than the Assulault rifle.

Posted by Night Owl

It probably does, but I like the assault rifle better.

Posted by zorrad

Quoting Raging Gamer: Seeing as the hackers like to ruin this board, I am once again creating the thread to discuss anything Halo 2. Have a blast.
I have not played it is it good, Ihave HALO, I completed it

Posted by azn_x3_halo

damn all yu write ALOT!!!! halo 2 is sooooooo cool!!!!!!! talk 2 me people cuz im new n i got no clue wuts goin on.

Posted by Axis

Go to English class and learn how to spell first.

Posted by azn_x3_halo

FUCK YOU ASSHOLE... how is this for spelling right....BITCH

Posted by higbvuyb

There is no place in this forum for people who spend their lives saying "oll halo 2 is soo cool!111111!11!!!!!", especially if they probably don't even have it.

Either get mature, and spell words correctly, or leave.

Posted by PieMan Jim

hullo, halo 2 was good but I was a little dissapointed 'cause im gullable and believed all the hype!

Posted by austin

sound is good and all but if you playing with a lan party all in the same room you get screwed over majorly

Posted by surfer2279

i want to try that long sword lung cheat it sounds so much fun

Posted by PieMan Jim

cheat? I thought you could lunge with the sword anyway, plus I didn't think there were any cheats for Halo2, there aren't any on Xbox anyway

Posted by mastachief

no, there are no cheats or codes, but there are several glitches, and anyway the sword being lasting forever in mutliplayer is gay, at least in single player it runs out:starwars:

Posted by B1aze

I personally think the plasma sword is just plain gay anyways.

Posted by mastachief

i know

Posted by B1aze

Whoever agrees with mastachief and I say "I" ..... "I"

Posted by mastachief

"I".....the sword is really cheap, but i love the shotgun and needler!:sniper:

Posted by B1aze

Same here but in place of the needler the sniper would definately take its place. The sniper is the 1337357 weapon ever!!!!!

Posted by mastachief

amen to that,but needlers still alright

Posted by crimsoncinder

Effectiveness of grenades?

I find them useful. Sometimes.. I like huckin' a few frags on the map just to freak people out :)

Posted by crimsoncinder

Quoting mastachief: "I".....the sword is really cheap, but i love the shotgun and needler!:sniper:

Shotgun, hells yeah man

Posted by B1aze

SHOTGUN ROX YOUR GRANDMA'S ***!!!!!

Posted by Skitzo Control

Battle Rifle>all

Halo 2.1.1 is good, but the Magnum should not have been made into such a bad weapon.

Quoting Skitzo Control: the Magnum should not have been made into such a bad weapon.

Amen. The Magnum basically sucks, I'm not too much into the Battle Rifle, which packs a punch, but lacks the rapid fire of the assault rifle . They should have included a weapon that is more effective against the Flood.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Master Chief 12: Amen. The Magnum basically sucks, I'm not too much into the Battle Rifle, which packs a punch, but lacks the rapid fire of the assault rifle . They should of included a weapon that is more effective against the Flood.

4 battle rifle bursts into the head of a spartan or elite (normal shield of course) is guaranteed a death. I love it over the assault rifle.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I tried playing Halo 1 the other day, and I just couldn't get used to it, again. I felt like a retard when I picked up the Sniper Rifle, I kept underestimating the Rocket Launcher's power, the nuke frags kept kitting me from places I forgot they could, but I was still loving the Plasma Grenade sticks and Pistol three-shots!:p

Posted by mastachief

yes, that a great hay to play with peoples minds, makes them think a enemy is alwys on thier ***!!!

Posted by insomniac gamer

i like to get a wraith and wedge it under the scorpion to send it flying, the sword flying and bust caps in peoples asses

Posted by mastachief

yes, that is fun

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Skitzo Control: I tried playing Halo 1 the other day, and I just couldn't get used to it, again. I felt like a retard when I picked up the Sniper Rifle, I kept underestimating the Rocket Launcher's power, the nuke frags kept kitting me from places I forgot they could, but I was still loving the Plasma Grenade sticks and Pistol three-shots!:p

I can't melee in Halo 1 anymore. :(

Halo 1 seems really slow and lagging after playing Halo 2.

Posted by mastachief

yes, i agree....i tried it also and it was too slow

Posted by misogenie

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Halo 2 last level. I had the feeling I would ride the giant mosquito-like enemy vehicle, it's seems indestructible. When you try to blast one of it's legs with the ghost(I think), the leg barely has a scratch and probably would feel like a pinprick if this giant mechanical bug was alive. This bug has firepower that can blast STAR WARS Death Planet in one shot. Just this giant bug could take out more than a 1000 alien flying vehicles, and still be in one piece - I truly believe this is so. As it turned out, I couldn't ride this bug because it's not part of the game. Instead, it was a ghost I had to ride to enter the door entrance, made way by one single blast from the giant bug, to the last stage. [/COLOR]Disappointing ending.
[IMG]http://bungie.com/images/games/halo2/wallpapers/h2ghost_1280.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://bungie.com/images/games/halo2/wallpapers/markvi_1280.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://bungie.com/images/games/halo2/wallpapers/h2earth_1280.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://bungie.com/images/games/halo2/wallpapers/halo2_trailer_1280.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://bungie.com/images/games/halo2/wallpapers/egm_wallpaper_1280.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://bungie.com/images/games/halo2/wallpapers/chief_atmos_1280.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://bungie.com/images/games/halo2/wallpapers/standtall_1280.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Soul_Tassadar

I disagree completely, halo1 is a far better game than crappy halo2. At least in halo1 SKILL was involved when you play. In halo2, you get spawn killed, randomly assasinated, the radar is completely inefective compared to halo1's and preety much every weapon is unbalanced in one way or another. And now, they went and screwed everything up with an update that made the game worse. Great bungie, good freakin' job. How about all the people who play halo2 go and play Halo:CE on the PC online, or play a game that takes some SKILL like Counter-Strike: Source.

Oh, and the battle rifle is way too powerful, the sword is a horrible Idea, oh, and tell me who can look down the barrel of 2 SMG's at the same time and have good acuarcy.

and if the games physics are so good, tell me hwo on earth you SPEED UP IN MIDAIR when you have the sword.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Wow... Soul, you dislike Halo 2 for almost all the wrong reasons. The motion sensor was absolutely useless, because of the huge radius it covered. It made it impossible to tell if anybody really was near you. Halo 1 was more of a spawn-kill fest because you almost always spawned near your teammate. Halo 1 was more random when it came to the assassinations thanks to more places to hide (top of the ramps on ****ation) and because the useful cloak. Every weapon, with the Plasma Pistol being the exception, is balanced in Halo 2. The update fixed most of the problems with the game, finally making grenades and melees useful.

The Battle Rifle is the Halo 2 version of the Halo 1 Pistol; it's the spawn-balance. If you spawn with a BR, you can at least have a chance at beating your opponent(s) with Sword, Sniper, Rocket Launcher, or other weapons. The BR is definitely not too powerful. The Sword isn't a horrible idea, because it's so easy to combat, thanks to the update. You can 4-shot with a BR, frag down, or other decent means to take them out. I can keep a decent accuracy while staring down a pair of SMGs.

The game's physics are bad, but that's because the Havok engine sucks. The Sword is a piece of alien weaponry beyond the comprehension of humans. Only the Covenant know what technology lies within it to make its wielder dash at such speeds towards the target.:)

Posted by mastachief

skitzo......pure geinus:)

Posted by crimsoncinder

Quoting Soul_Tassadar: I disagree completely, halo1 is a far better game than crappy halo2. At least in halo1 SKILL was involved when you play. In halo2, you get spawn killed, randomly assasinated, the radar is completely inefective compared to halo1's and preety much every weapon is unbalanced in one way or another. And now, they went and screwed everything up with an update that made the game worse. Great bungie, good freakin' job. How about all the people who play halo2 go and play Halo:CE on the PC online, or play a game that takes some SKILL like Counter-Strike: Source.

Oh, and the battle rifle is way too powerful, the sword is a horrible Idea, oh, and tell me who can look down the barrel of 2 SMG's at the same time and have good acuarcy.

and if the games physics are so good, tell me hwo on earth you SPEED UP IN MIDAIR when you have the sword.

You don't? Unless you do the charge strike, which makes sense.

And the Battle Rifle has disadvantages. It's burst. It's not too hard to hide inbetween bursts. Plus it moves up when you fire and the scope sucks

Posted by DarkBlade

These new map sets they got out are crazy. Rumble is one I wount even go near. 2 on 2 is easy.. You can level up to 20 in a nights work and thats without a ferm partner on 2V2.. and anything on warklock other than a 2 on 2 classic flag is just spawny..
Ive noted that the shotgun swipe is kinda bizzare, I dont challange the gameplay but the shotty just somtimes doesnt kill up close, or just the lag motion makes it seem to much like a kill.
Im glad that battle creek now has human(but still plasma nades..). And that the sniper has not been toned down whatsoever. A smg which fires 60 shot 2 mm bullets makes your gun tilt up 60 degrees yet 4 consecutive 14.5 mm sniper shots is as as acurate as they are in the millitary, with the tripod stand, shooting 1 bullet... The sniper should have just abit of recoil so those spawny cross feild 2 body/ leg shots kill u just as fast as a headshot... It seems they have up toned the sniper just by not toning it at all.. I also miss the magnum doing damage. It still kills in a duel combo but I question its capability from a smg brute plasma rifle.

all in all the new stuff is good. I just disagree with warlock in almost every way. so.. spawny.. Id love jsut to get another smg in that place..

Posted by Soul_Tassadar

Every weapon is thrown out of whack. It seems because of the hugly long range of the battle rifle, and the incredibly short range of the SMG, I find no grace between them. Halo2 seems more like "Who can trade the SMG away faster" than a game that requires skill. The sword, while dodgeable, gives you no possibility to get away from if a person ends up in your face. The Rocket launcher is, an instant kill which useually does not kill the user of the weapon even if they are relativly close. Ofter times, I founf the radar to be too small, and when a Random sniper or battle rifle shot come barreling at me, I find it difficult to even stand a chance besides dodge and hope.

[quote]Halo 2 version of the Halo 1 Pistol
Your kidding me right? The last time I checked the pistol from H:CE took skill to use effectively, not a gun that alows noobs to correct their margin of error with burst fire. And it is just too easy to find someone who has just spawned with an SMG to complely own then from far away. In halo:CE you spawned with a longer-ranged pistol, giving you an chance to retaliate. Now I understand that the update gives some maps the potential for starting with battle rifles, which mildly solves the problom, yet leads to a larger one, long range wars, almost sniper wars which are caused by this. Making the maps harder to navigate efficiently without getting taken out.

[quote]The motion sensor was absolutely useless, because of the huge radius it
covered. It wasn't useless, any Halo:CE pro will tell you that they like the one from the original better.

Myself, I played in alot of H:CE tournements, and always found gratification in my victory. In halo2, I just feel like an ***.

Now in terms of the new maps, I am dissapointed. Warlock is a spawnkill fest, and containment is well...unfun in general, the bases are too large. However, I was very pleased with Turf. Exelent map by bungie.

Even with all my complaints about the game, there is still some fun to be had, just not enough to hold a real gamers intrest for more than a month or two. Which is why I again recomend "Counter-Strike: Source" To anyone who wants a good shooter.

[quote]the Havok engine sucks
Complely untrue, Halo2 just uses the physics incorrectly. A problem set into the programming by developers.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Quoting Soul_Tassadar]Every weapon is thrown out of whack. It seems because of the hugly long range of the battle rifle, and the incredibly short range of the SMG, I find no grace between them. Halo2 seems more like "Who can trade the SMG away faster" than a game that requires skill. The sword, while dodgeable, gives you no possibility to get away from if a person ends up in your face. The Rocket launcher is, an instant kill which useually does not kill the user of the weapon even if they are relativly close. Ofter times, I founf the radar to be too small, and when a Random sniper or battle rifle shot come barreling at me, I find it difficult to even stand a chance besides dodge and hope.
The BRs range is awful. The best Halo 2 players on this board will agree with me (s0ul, Pit, Stinger, etc.). The SMG is absolutely useless, I'll agree with you there: Your kidding me right? The last time I checked the pistol from H:CE took skill to use effectively, not a gun that alows noobs to correct their margin of error with burst fire. And it is just too easy to find someone who has just spawned with an SMG to complely own then from far away. In halo:CE you spawned with a longer-ranged pistol, giving you an chance to retaliate. Now I understand that the update gives some maps the potential for starting with battle rifles, which mildly solves the problom, yet leads to a larger one, long range wars, almost sniper wars which are caused by this. Making the maps harder to navigate efficiently without getting taken out.
Do you not know analogies? The BR is to Halo 2 as the Pistol is to Halo 1. It's the balance weapon. It's the weapon that everybody (should) spawn with to stand a chance against anything that comes their way. You're talking about SMG spawns, which is a ridiculous notion, because almost all good players will not play with SMG spawns, unless screwing around in Matchmaking. And since you talk of SMG spawns and radar, you must be basing your entire argument on bad Matchmaking. To quote what nearly every single player on MLG has said, "Play customs."
[QUOTE=Soul_Tassadar]t wasn't useless, any Halo:CE pro will tell you that they like the one from the original better.
You show me a Halo Pro that played with radar and I'll show you a ja[b][/b]ckass that isn't as good as he thinks he is.
[QUOTE=Soul_Tassadar]Myself, I played in alot of H:CE tournements, and always found gratification in my victory. In halo2, I just feel like an ***.
Perhaps that's because you are? Winning a Halo (2) tournament is still gratifying. If you win, you still know that you're the best player that was there. But, again, you claim to have played with radar, so I doubt you won anything legit.
[QUOTE=Soul_Tassadar]Now in terms of the new maps, I am dissapointed. Warlock is a spawnkill fest, and containment is well...unfun in general, the bases are too large. However, I was very pleased with Turf. Exelent map by bungie.
You dislike the absolute best map in Halo 2! Wizard is the only map in Halo 2 that doesn't require a stupid and lucky spawn to win, it require the person with the best BR. In Halo, it was the map that required the best Pistol. I'll agree that Containment was a bad map, but all large maps are bad, all large maps lag (but that's just being redundant). Turf, however, is not a good map; three Plasma Pistol spawns, three Brute Shots, and Sniper ammo means that once a team gains control, they are not going to lose it.
[QUOTE=Soul_Tassadar]Even with all my complaints about the game, there is still some fun to be had, just not enough to hold a real gamers intrest for more than a month or two. Which is why I again recomend "Counter-Strike: Source" To anyone who wants a good shooter.
You're recommending us a PC game... Blasphemy. You cannot go comparing CS to Halo because they are simply different games. And, by the way, CS is not that fun. It's a game full of luck and camping.
[QUOTE=Soul_Tassadar]Complely untrue, Halo2 just uses the physics incorrectly. A problem set into the programming by developers.

Alright, the Havok engine isn't that bad. I mean, it was the engine used in Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault, and we all remember how bad of a MaH game that was. Let us not forget how dynamically it ran Painkiller. What? You mean you haven't heard of that game, either? Wait, it was the engine behind Half-Life 2! (Psst... The game was being made for six years. Valve could have used the Myth engine and still pulled it off;)) Full Spectrum Warrior was a decent game, despite being a giant chess board, but there was hardly any programming to it. Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory was also ran by the Havok engine; Splinter Cell was done better on the Unreal engine.

Posted by mastachief

****.....u r good

Posted by Soul_Tassadar

[quote]Painkiller
Funny you should bring this game up, this is the #1 played 1v1 game in tournement play right now.

[quote]Blasphemy. You cannot go comparing CS to Halo because they are simply different games. And, by the way, CS is not that fun. It's a game full of luck and camping. Well good players usually find no need to camp. At least I never camp, and no weapon has an advantage over others, there are BETTER wepons, but that doesn't mean a pistol stands no chance against it. And of course, there is the whole issue of acuracy, which im sure halo2 players have never heard of. it's when you move, and jump, your acuracy decreses...I know, absolute blasphemy.

[quote]you claim to have played with radar, so I doubt you won anything legit.
I've never played official MLG tournys, but in terms of local events Ive taken plenty with my team. Of course that was before that horendous update.

[quote]The SMG is absolutely useless
which is quite the problom. Mainly because this wepon is everywhere. I dont like a game where everyone is on a different level of play because they lived longer.

[quote]If you're having a hard time fighting against a random BR or Snipe and you don't know where you're being hit from, then you should have a teammate cover you. Halo 2 is a team game, an individual's effort won't matter if he's playing 2v1. Either that, or don't be such a bad player.
Well the thing is, you are useually dead before you have a chance to strike back against them. with that being said, its rather difficult to comunicate with your allies.

[quote]Wizard is the only map in Halo 2 that doesn't require a stupid and lucky spawn to win,
Sounds pretty rediculous to me. Considering I hate games with lucky spawns and stupidity.

And I guess that bring out the main points why I play CS anyway, no spawn kills, a good idea of where the enemy is, a more clear-cut, less luck based system of play. And there are just too many 8 year old kids with microphones screaming and screming about the most meaningless **** in my ear. Also, I feel the halo2 servers are run rather poorly, not enough monitering, not enough level balances and changes as there needs to be.

Also, I'd like to bring up the topic of duel wielding. Tell me how this makes sense. I just dont get how you can look down the barrel of 2 smgs and shoot right at your target. And how come (in the update) magnums have bad acuracy? Smgs and PR seem to have the same acuracy. Logic is needed when making games bungie, lets try it.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Soul_Tassadar: Also, I'd like to bring up the topic of duel wielding. Tell me how this makes sense. I just dont get how you can look down the barrel of 2 smgs and shoot right at your target. And how come (in the update) magnums have bad acuracy? Smgs and PR seem to have the same acuracy. Logic is needed when making games bungie, lets try it.

Nothing about Halo is logical. :cool:

Something tells me they made it that way on purpose.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Quoting Soul_Tassadar]Funny you should bring this game up, this is the #1 played 1v1 game in tournement play right now.
Mhm... That's because there's only two people that can stand playing such a bad game. And if it's so popular in tournament play, where? It's not at MLG, it's not at WCG. It is at CPL, but everything as at CPL, so that's not saying much. It may be the most popular 1v1 game in your area, but worldwide, it's nowhere near WarCraft standards.

Now, let's get off the subject of PC games in tournaments. Halo 2 is not a PC game, comparing it to one is unfair.

[QUOTE=Soul_Tassadar]Well good players usually find no need to camp. At least I never camp, and no weapon has an advantage over others, there are BETTER wepons, but that doesn't mean a pistol stands no chance against it. And of course, there is the whole issue of acuracy, which im sure halo2 players have never heard of. it's when you move, and jump, your acuracy decreses...I know, absolute blasphemy.
Again, it's a PC game, it's different. Good players do camp. Good players hold the cottage on Italy. Good players hold the bomb points on Dust. In Halo 2, if you're playing correctly, you spawn with a BR and thus have a chance against any opposition. The whole issue of accuracy is why CS is a game of a lot of luck. Apparently, you didn't read what I said well enough, so, here it is again, bold and caps'ed for you: YOU CANNOT COMPARE A PC GAME TO A CONSOLE GAME. Perhaps you'll get it through your head this time?
[QUOTE=Soul_Tassadar]I've never played official MLG tournys, but in terms of local events Ive taken plenty with my team. Of course that was before that horendous update.
The update made it better, for the most part: which is quite the problom. Mainly because this wepon is everywhere. I dont like a game where everyone is on a different level of play because they lived longer.
Everybody is on a level playing field because everybody spawns with a BR. If not, then you are playing the wrong gametypes or playing with the wrong people. I know I just said to stop comparing CS to Halo 2, but hey, you love CS so much, I have to ask you this: how is it an equal level if one team wins the important pistol game without losing a player? One team will have easy access to Colts/AKs, while the other is stuck with SMGs/pistols.
[QUOTE=Soul_Tassadar]Well the thing is, you are useually dead before you have a chance to strike back against them. with that being said, its rather difficult to comunicate with your allies.
I don't have that problem. You must have a bad team, or you must be a bad player.
[QUOTE=Soul_Tassadar]Sounds pretty rediculous to me. Considering I hate games with lucky spawns and stupidity.
Yet you like a game like CS where you can get lucky running-jumping no scopes with an AWP, or a game where you spawn in the same place over and over again.
[QUOTE=Soul_Tassadar]And I guess that bring out the main points why I play CS anyway, no spawn kills, a good idea of where the enemy is, a more clear-cut, less luck based system of play. And there are just too many 8 year old kids with microphones screaming and screming about the most meaningless **** in my ear. Also, I feel the halo2 servers are run rather poorly, not enough monitering, not enough level balances and changes as there needs to be.
You like a game more that takes less luck, when that game has no auto-aim system? Right. You like a game more where you know where your opponent will be from the start of the game, knowing they can only go two or three different routes to get to their objective points? Right. You like a game more where there are still 8 year old kids with mics screaming and screaming about the meaningless **** in your ear, and you can't mute them? Right. Dwelling more on the subject of kids: they can type, they can hack, and they can use the word "fag" over and over again. I've yet to come across anybody like that on Live. Agreed, Bungie runs their business in a very awful way, but the maps are already balanced, and it's not a PC game they can release patch after patch of to fix their mistakes. Complaining about the servers is dumb, so, I say again, play customs.
[QUOTE=Soul_Tassadar]Also, I'd like to bring up the topic of duel wielding. Tell me how this makes sense. I just dont get how you can look down the barrel of 2 smgs and shoot right at your target. And how come (in the update) magnums have bad acuracy? Smgs and PR seem to have the same acuracy. Logic is needed when making games bungie, lets try it.

The magnum has bad accuracy because it's a pistol. Pistols don't have good accuracy. SMGs don't have good accuracy in Halo 2, either. The PRs bursts fire slow, don't auto-aim very well, and (again) have very little accuracy. I swear it seems like you've never played this game the proper way in your life.

I want to make one thing clear: I do not like Halo 2 nearly as much as I do many other games. I agree that it's a bad game, mostly because of inconsistencies online, but every reason you have for disliking the game is absolutely wrong.

Posted by s0ul

Haha, I love how the only arguments against Halo 2 all fall back to the fact that the person who dislikes it sucks. C'mon, can't overcome a camper or someone with a rocket? That's not a game flaw, that's a you-suck-at-Halo-go-play-Counter Strike-please flaw.

oh, and if you think that the patch made Halo worse, then your opinion is completely invalid. It made the game WORK again, for ***'s sake. Now retarded kids with no hands who have never heard of an Xbox can't beat the Ogres with their eyes closed.

Edit: OH AND THE DUAL WIELDING COMMENT. what the hell do you mean illogical? a man who can flip a multi-ton tank should be able to aim an SMG! ;)

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting Soul_Tassadar: I play CS

Self ownage. Total self ownage.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Skitzo Control: Mhm... That's because there's only two people that can stand playing such a bad game. And if it's so popular in tournament play, where? It's not at MLG, it's not at WCG. It is at CPL, but everything as at CPL, so that's not saying much. It may be the most popular 1v1 game in your area, but worldwide, it's nowhere near WarCraft standards.

Now, let's get off the subject of PC games in tournaments. Halo 2 is not a PC game, comparing it to one is unfair.

Again, it's a PC game, it's different. Good players do camp. Good players hold the cottage on Italy. Good players hold the bomb points on Dust. In Halo 2, if you're playing correctly, you spawn with a BR and thus have a chance against any opposition. The whole issue of accuracy is why CS is a game of a lot of luck. Apparently, you didn't read what I said well enough, so, here it is again, bold and caps'ed for you: YOU CANNOT COMPARE A PC GAME TO A CONSOLE GAME. Perhaps you'll get it through your head this time?

The update made it better, for the most part; less lag, melees are more useful, and grenades are useful. I don't understand how you can call it such a horrendous update.

Everybody is on a level playing field because everybody spawns with a BR. If not, then you are playing the wrong gametypes or playing with the wrong people. I know I just said to stop comparing CS to Halo 2, but hey, you love CS so much, I have to ask you this: how is it an equal level if one team wins the important pistol game without losing a player? One team will have easy access to Colts/AKs, while the other is stuck with SMGs/pistols.

I don't have that problem. You must have a bad team, or you must be a bad player.

Yet you like a game like CS where you can get lucky running-jumping no scopes with an AWP, or a game where you spawn in the same place over and over again.

You like a game more that takes less luck, when that game has no auto-aim system? Right. You like a game more where you know where your opponent will be from the start of the game, knowing they can only go two or three different routes to get to their objective points? Right. You like a game more where there are still 8 year old kids with mics screaming and screaming about the meaningless **** in your ear, and you can't mute them? Right. Dwelling more on the subject of kids: they can type, they can hack, and they can use the word "fag" over and over again. I've yet to come across anybody like that on Live. Agreed, Bungie runs their business in a very awful way, but the maps are already balanced, and it's not a PC game they can release patch after patch of to fix their mistakes. Complaining about the servers is dumb, so, I say again, play customs.

The magnum has bad accuracy because it's a pistol. Pistols don't have good accuracy. SMGs don't have good accuracy in Halo 2, either. The PRs bursts fire slow, don't auto-aim very well, and (again) have very little accuracy. I swear it seems like you've never played this game the proper way in your life.

I want to make one thing clear: I do not like Halo 2 nearly as much as I do many other games. I agree that it's a bad game, mostly because of inconsistencies online, but every reason you have for disliking the game is absolutely wrong.

Quoted because it's a really freaking long quote.

Tassadar, how's your SC game? Up for any 2v2?

Posted by s0ul

Heh, I really want to play Tassadar with nothing but a battle rifle, let him take all the power weapons, show him he's hating it for all the wrong reasons!

(c'mon, be mad that the shotgun is consistent, be mad that the melee lunges usually make you miss 5 or more times, be mad that it's not halo 1, don't be mad that you suck. OR MAYBE YOU DON'T. We should play you)

PS ARMY CHICK WHY THE **** ARE YOU RUSHING THE SWORD GUY IM GONNA GO PLAY SOME MATCHMAKING :mad:

Posted by Soul_Tassadar

[quote]let him take all the power weapons
I never use Rockets, swords, or ghosts, period.

[quote]Tassadar, how's your SC game
Starcraft I presume...It was good a year ago before I switched to CS. great protoss player, leader of the "Soul" Clan, and did nothing but play SC. I played alot of tounries where I used to live (Florida) and was undefeated in every local tounry (1v1) I played in. Not that Im trying to brag or anything, it was my game. But I havn't played in a year :(

[quote]c'mon, be mad that the shotgun is consistent
I think I mean inconsistent. I saw the coding and programming for shotgun damage, and It's random damage depending on distance from the target.

And overall I guess halo:CE was a great game, and halo2 felt like it was a different entity. Didn't feel like halo. I wish they go back to the way things used to be :(

Posted by cool gamer dad

[quote]Starcraft I presume...It was good a year ago before I switched to CS. great protoss player, leader of the "Soul" Clan, and did nothing but play SC. I played alot of tounries where I used to live (Florida) and was undefeated in every local tounry (1v1) I played in. Not that Im trying to brag or anything, it was my game. But I havn't played in a yearI haven't been playing much either. :cool:

I want somebody to play with, though. :(

Posted by Soul_Tassadar

Well my internet and computer should be fixed up enough to start working again by the end of the month. I might play some SC for old times sake.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Then you can hop on Halo 2 and show us what a pro you really are.:)

Posted by 1234567

For the new Halo 2 map thing cumin out, do u need to have halo 2 to use it

Posted by f_inal_link

Personally I can't see why everyone loves halo1/2, I don't have online so maybe thats what I'm not seeing, but the single player is boring and bland in number 2 it kept all it's faults , Repetitive, generic rooms, predictable battles, The flood * shudders *when all they changed where some nice new graphics and double weilding ( which Red Faction 2 had before it thank you very much )

I like Halo because I usually don't go through playing it, looking for every negative thing. There is no such thing as a perfect game. And no matter how great a game may be, not everyone will like it.

Posted by Random

That... Makes sense... I applaud you. haha yes well done ^_^

No not everyone will like it. People will complain and say why would you buy something like this? The truth is it was fun for a while. Yeah I don't like it anymore myself but I did. And I can't say "Why the Hell did you buy that game" to anyone. Because honestly if we went by my oppinion, I'd mock a lot of you for some of the games you buy :-P

Posted by boozer10

my cuz just dissconects when he gets stand -byed.or if hes winning he just sits there

Posted by johnnyjy2k

halo 1 and 2 r definatly da best gamez ever

Posted by scentedrobot

I am a 16/f/tx and I wanna play Xbox Live with more friends!! My gamertag is scentedrobot!

[Font=Tahoma][Size=2][Color=DarkRed]That's great and all but maybe your gamertag should go under the sticky called...wait for it....Xbox Live Gamertags.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting scentedrobot: I am a 16/f/tx and I wanna play Xbox Live with more friends!! My gamertag is scentedrobot!

15/f/CA let's play.

According to Bungie, you haven't played since March.

Posted by MasterChris

does anyone know about the super jump at zanzibar

Posted by halohero

halo 2 is the greatest game on earth i cant wait untill i can play it on the 360

http://www.Free360XBOX.com/?r=19335721

http://www.freephotoiPods.com/?r=19351874

Posted by Axis

halohero, please don't advertise when you're posting.

Posted by JonMB

Quoting MasterChris: does anyone know about the super jump at zanzibar

See it here: http://www.halo2forum.com/movies/SoloXZanzibar.wmv

Posted by DarkBlade

I think he means the one that doesnt invole a sword rocket, which by the way, doesnt work with the update anymore... The superjump of zannzy is easy. go above the gate at the 2nd window, break all the glass, then you see a shard thats on the right side of the window(facing the generator.. thingy)Crotch then walk under it and look down, once you screen starts to wobble hold the jump butten and the angle from the push of the glass sends you down to the floor then bounces really high to get onto of the base.
That vid was just comon sense in a jar.
A super jump is also on coagulation. Get on the ramp of eaither base up to the plasma pistol, jump and crouch into the triangular hole of the outside of the base,(this requires a good timed jump) then back out slowly and jump at a right time to go up, this is just a usless technique. Ive yet to find it to any reall use. But you are able to get from the plasma pistol to the battle rifle abit faster, or you can just do the regulare jump from the back which is just 1 hard to get jump. find that for yourself or look on jukes vids for some quality jumps.
The super jump on warlock is much more complecated and make slittle s3ense to me so ask another to get there, once you do, its really hard to die from up there.
Also, Ive done acidential super jumps of assention on the sniper(base side) by crouch jumping. and beaver creek from the left side of red base were you get ontop of, Any1 else find how these are really preformed?
I think I also got one on containment, not sure, memorys abit bad..

Posted by cool gamer dad

Superjumps are just silly.

BUT IT MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE A TOTAL SUPERJUMPING PRO. Not to mention it's super useful in super-heated super-fun Big Team Battle sessions.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Every time I see somebody super jump, I always think of that movie Space Jam.:(

Posted by loony636

Does anyone know about the IWHBYD skull? I made a thread about it but noone has posted in it:

http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=6056

Posted by Exalbaru

There are no cheat codes to be typed into HALO 2, but there are a number of glytches and fun stuff the creaters put in. My favorite thing however is the hidden skulls (i.e. Envy Skull which causes your enemies to fire quicker) I know that sounds bad, but there is a skull on every level that have different effects, but unfortunally they are extremely hard to find and can usually only be found on Legendary mode

Posted by Megabuster23857

OMG Halo 2 is so kool!!!
I beat the game before my bro. did it was funny and he lives here with me at my house.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Quoting Megabuster23857: OMG Halo 2 is so kool!!!
I beat the game before my bro. did it was funny and he lives here with me at my house.

Um......dude..... Halo 2 is a SHORT game. Sorry to destroy your glory but...you didnt really accomplish anything.

Posted by The Last Man

too short...but the multiplayer makes up for it, especially the new maps...

Posted by Exalbaru

Deffinatly the assult rifle, it pays to have in-human ammounts of ammunition

Posted by Exalbaru

OKAY! STOP IT! I'm tired of hearing you guys complain, so what if a game has one flaw or a hundred, a true gamer has the ability to win, what ever it takes. (A spartin never gives up)

Posted by BUDDY468P

Quoting Stinger: I haven't heard much about it, but I'll get it and tear stuff up with you...hoping for a good stat and clan system.

OK

Posted by BUDDY468P

EVERY TIME SOMBODY SUPER JUMPS I SNIPE AND SHOOT THEM

Posted by Skitzo Control

The Hammer doubts you're even a half-decent player, Buddy.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting The Hammer: The Hammer doubts you're even a half-decent player, Buddy.

Hi gamertag please. :)

Edit: Oh hi nm.

Posted by Skitzo Control

What's wrong, Stinger? Don't want to take on The Hammer?;)

Posted by Sneak

There is so much spam in this thread its rediculous.
ok lets get on topic.

Halo 2 is one of the only games I play online anymore. Favorite weapons:: Battle Rifle, Plasma Pistol, Beam Rifle.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Sneak: There is so much spam in this thread its rediculous.
ok lets get on topic.

Not really...

[quote]Halo 2 is one of the only games I play online anymore. Favorite weapons:: Battle Rifle, Plasma Pistol, Beam Rifle.
You have redeemed yourself.

Posted by Opeth (clone)

people also use banchees to get high to snipe on team slayer

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Opeth (clone): people also use banchees to get high to snipe on team slayer

You... Need to go back to Team Training. :(

[Font=Tahoma][Size=2][Color=Orange]All the people I play with use the Banshee to fire at me and try to run me over(very silly, in a Banshee), I don't see anyone only using a Banshee to get to a snipe spot.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Posted by loony636

Quoting Opeth (clone): people also use banchees to get high to snipe on team slayer

That's what campers do, I hate them for it.

Posted by s0ul

lol bad kids!

You know how I win Ascension? By not playing it.

Posted by Alastor

Is it just me, or are there alot of idiots who go into Team Slayer and repeatedly suicide themselves in order to down-rank because they suck and can't fight people at their own rank?

'cause I ran into like five of those guys today. :(

Posted by loony636

I have no idea what you're talking about, is this on Halo 2? Because on Halo 1 I would have no idea what you are talking about. But on Halo 2...I wouldn't know because I don't have it.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Quoting loony636: I have no idea what you're talking about, is this on Halo 2? Because on Halo 1 I would have no idea what you are talking about. But on Halo 2...I wouldn't know because I don't have it.

Wow, Loony, way to post like you're too legit.

The story behind this is the Halo 2 online Match Making ranking system and people wanting to "downgrade" themselves, so they play games and cause their team's loss, so they can get low on the rankings and play bad people. The Hammer has seen it (never done it) and has had it done to him on many occasions.

[Font=Tahoma][Size=2][Color=Orange]Those people are so annoying. I don't know why they care so much about battling lower-ranked players. I also don't understand why people hack Halo 2 to boost their matchmaking rank, I could care less about my rank.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Posted by loony636

Oh, now I understand. Thanks for that Hammer. And yes, I could understand how that would annoy people.

Posted by inequity

Am I close to finishing Halo? I bought it 2 days ago and right now I'm on the level called "The maw". (or the mow, whatever)

I hope its not...

Posted by loony636

The Maw is the last level. But what difficulty are you doing it on?

Posted by inequity

Ugh, normal.

[Font=Tahoma][Size=1][Color=Orange]I'm kind of lazy, I beat Halo and Halo 2 on Easy.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Posted by DarkBlade

*Looks at info*

*Finds none*

How bout I start some things...

LESSON 1
[size=2]The Exploding barrels are more that taking out opponents that step near them. Try Barrel Jumping to get places.
The Barrel inside the Defensive base on Headlong alowes you to get ontop of the building. Just stand on top and hit the barrel twice [color=White](Once with a sword/Brute/ect..)[color=Black] and jump at the explostion. It should put u on top of the building were you can nade the boxes into the base to give your men defence agianst combo users from the back bridgeway or those rocket bergaders. There are many ways to take advantage of exploding barrels. Let me tell you the ones on zanzy^^

Once starting by the see on a CTF or assult game. run to the 2 barrels that are on the outside stop by the staircase, I ushually burst fire abit then jump on an hit and jump off in one motion to make me go to the long concreate part that snipers get onto from the ridge above the battle rifle [color=White](stop me if im speaking to much...) [color=Black]From there I am 1, able to see if any1 is going for the sniper or invis(which is my target) and 2, get up faster than any1 else, increasing my time to get to the invis/base by a few seconds. From there you can go to the invis and get the invis by 1, jumping across the ridge or takeing an extra second or 2 to ge tthe shotgun. Then jump on the rock to the balcony of the invis. From there, go to the 2 barrels that are just placed below the right side turret, burst,run,jump,hit,jump and get onto of the base. This tactic alows you to 1, have invis and be ontop of the base, 2, have shoty, 3 counter the rocket camper by the stairs OR open the gate before most of your team is even prepaired.
I just used 2 barrel jumps in a stratigy. Here are a few other things.
the barrles by the right of the opening by the sea wall next to a BR spawn can be jumped up to the sniper concreat block. The barrels by the shoty under the rocket can be pushed then jumped up to the bridge. the barrels by the sniper can be pushed and jumped up onto a few cool places, and the barrels by the left side,(Facing the base) of the giant fan can lead u up to a nice sniper spot. Just a few things on zanzy that I like doing. Find some more yourself.

[size=4]LESSON 2
[/color][/color][/color][/size][/size]Know the area, jumps, and general info.
Junk you may want to learn^^
The blue ramp thingy which the real name escapes me for the moment on Lockout you can also go down it. carfully just turn and sligtly fall down it for a move your opponent may not know about.(if hes below you....)
The opening on the seaside wall on zanzibar can also be jumped. No, not from the rocks which is deadly hard... you can throw the flag then jump it. At the end of a crouch jump, look up to gain abit more hieght and once you learn to angle it right, you will then be able to get back the flag yourself with no car or anything.

Now that I think of it... Im not in the typing mood... MAby ill put this info and much more in a more orgonized format... till then... Ill stop here... Ill continue this junk later... with much more added..

Now to Disapear agian.
[color=Black]Till then.....

[/color][/color]

Posted by Opeth (clone)

Quoting Stinger: You... Need to go back to Team Training. :(

y

Posted by Pit

Quoting Opeth (clone): y

He's saying that you suck.

Posted by Opeth (clone)

the smg

Posted by Opeth (clone)

I did beat Halo2

Posted by Soul_Tassadar

I've been doing nothing but play halo2 for like the past *** knows how long. I don't play Match making though, it's stupid and has awful gametypes. I play Customs. MLG customs to be precise. My tournament team has been going real strong in local tourneys and we are preparing for an MLG (major leage gaming) tournament coming up in chicago. For those of you who don't know the rules we play things like this

BR start
No radar
No suicide penalties (points still lost)
No betrayal penelties (point loss)
5 sec respawn

we do game types like ball on lockout, midship
king of the hill on middy
slayer on lockout, midship, ivory tower, warlock, beaver creek, sanctuary.

Then I went back and tried to play halo1, and I couldn't even 3 shot anymore :(

I can four shot kill with the battle rifle about 80 percent of the time on sens 5, along with the rest of my team, so I'd say it makes up for it

Posted by cool gamer dad

Alright, now I HAVE to play. :mad: You may know me as Army_Chick over at MLG.

EDIT: They grow up so fast. :(

Posted by Slade

Quoting Skitzo Control:
The story behind this is the Halo 2 online Match Making ranking system and people wanting to "downgrade" themselves, so they play games and cause their team's loss, so they can get low on the rankings and play bad people. The Hammer has seen it (never done it) and has had it done to him on many occasions.

It's the individual's own negative kill count that will downgrade him, right? Not the team's loss? Because the other day I was on a team of people that sucked and got killed a lot and I got tons of kills and we still lost, but my rank still went up.

Yeah, it was my first time ever on Xbox Live. I'm addicted.

Posted by The Judge

F*ck yeah. Halo is the best series ever.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Slade: It's the individual's own negative kill count that will downgrade him, right? Not the team's loss? Because the other day I was on a team of people that sucked and got killed a lot and I got tons of kills and we still lost, but my rank still went up.

Yeah, it was my first time ever on Xbox Live. I'm addicted.

You're playing Big Team Battle. :)

Posted by s0ul

Ha, I might see that guy at MLG Chicago, if I can bring myself to keep playing Halo 2 until then. We should play!

Posted by Soul_Tassadar

Hey army_chick, I've actually played with you online before. At least, I think I have. My account is "BattleRifle Inc" and you might be on my list. who knows, but I do think my other friend whos on my team (watch out for us at conference champs!) is on your list. His account is "Xjives"

Posted by Soul_Tassadar

"Ha, I might see that guy at MLG Chicago, if I can bring myself to keep playing Halo 2 until then. We should play!"
I have alot of halo parties, you should bring your team and you can scrim against my team. That is, if you live in the general regieon I do. (I live in southern wisconsin, really close to the illinois border outside the subberbs of chicago.)
And if you can't we should scrim online.

My team has been completely owning these days. At my last lan party, the team that won summer fest was at my house, and we got them 50 - 24 lockout, 50 - 14 warlock, 3 - 0 NB midship. so I'd say our strategies are going strong :)

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Soul_Tassadar: Hey army_chick, I've actually played with you online before. At least, I think I have. My account is "BattleRifle Inc" and you might be on my list. who knows, but I do think my other friend whos on my team (watch out for us at conference champs!) is on your list. His account is "Xjives"

I've played quite a few games with you. Xjives is on my list.

Last game I tried to play with you guys, it was a three man objective game so I left. :cool:

Posted by {HOG}willhall

http://addict3d.org/index.php?page=viewarticle&type=news&ID=10781 is this pic real?

Posted by Alastor

I doubt it, since I'm almost positive that that is Halo 2 art, and there's an addict3d.org logo in the bottom right corner. Looks pretty fake to me. ;)

Posted by Soul_Tassadar

Arg, three man objective sucks, my team is never online so we are always strapped for people to play with. My team practices in person so we can screen look off each other like at an mlg tourney. It's just a better way of practicing. We have team practices a few times a month and online quite a bit, so if anyone has a team we'd be willing to play you guys.

Sorry about that though army_chick, I'll say it once more, we are often strapped for players even though my list has like 50 people :(

Posted by Skitzo Control

Quoting Slade: It's the individual's own negative kill count that will downgrade him, right? Not the team's loss? Because the other day I was on a team of people that sucked and got killed a lot and I got tons of kills and we still lost, but my rank still went up.
I was going to explain this long ago, but I forgot...

Basically, it first ranks the winning team at top:
Blue team
Red team

Then, it ranks the players (taking into accout objectives, then kills, then deaths, then assists) on the team.
Blue team:
Tom
Dick
Harry
Joe

Red team:
Bob
Ralph
George
Apu

Then, it takes into effect their levels:
Blue team:

Red team:

Then, it distributes point accordingly.
Blue team:
Gets points for scoring above everybody else
Gets points for scoring above everybody else, then loses points for scoring below 2nd place
Gets points for scoring above everybody else, then loses points for scoring below 3rd place
Gets points for scoring above everybody else, then loses points for scoring below 4th place

Read team:
Gets points for scoring above everybody on his team, but loses points due to being on the losing team
Gets points for scoring above everybody on his team, but loses points due to being on the losing team, except first on his team
Gets points for scoring above everybody on his team, but loses points due to being on the losing team, except second on his team
Gets no points, loses everything, and is probably laughed at

And of course, they'll then distribute points depending on levels, but that's a lot more math than I want to do, right now.:)

Quoting {HOG}willhall: [url="http://addict3d.org/index.php?page=viewarticle&type=news&ID=10781"]http://addict3d.org/index.php?page=viewarticle&type=news&ID=10781[/url] is this pic real?

According to Gamefaqs, that is the release date for Halo 3.
---
My XBC is back up. Halo 1?:)

Posted by cool gamer dad

Plan on XBCing it up over the weekend.

Posted by Ghost_Sniper

Quoting higbvuyb: When you board a tank and plant a grenade, can you get injured by splash damage by the grenade? does it damage the tank?

No you cannot be damaged by the granada, and i do not understand y you would think that there is a possibility that you could be damaged, but no meening of disrespect we are all noobs at some time (-:

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Ghost_Sniper: No you cannot be damaged by the granada, and i do not understand y you would think that there is a possibility that you could be damaged, but no meening of disrespect we are all noobs at some time (-:

Like you, right now, no offense.

And I like Halo 2, but I never have enough time to play it :( This winter I will be Xbox living it up.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Yeah, Halo 2 is awful. Come play Halo 1 XBC.:-)

Posted by bustedxup

I'm on halo 2 all the time my favorite is multi team.

Posted by cool gamer dad

[quote=bustedxup]I'm on halo 2 all the time my favorite is multi team.
Oh man! I feel like I'm really bonding for the first time.

[quote=Skitzo Control]Yeah, Halo 2 is awful. Come play Halo 1 XBC.:-)
No. You're just awful at it. :) :)

EDIT: Wait, I just remembered you can't be bad at Halo 2.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Halo 2, itself, is bad, so being bad at a bad game makes me feel good about myself.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Double-posting rules.

Anyway, I just got online and played some TEAM HARDCORE!!! and it was mildly entertaining. It actually makes Match Making worth playing. Halo 1 is still better. Hit me up on AIM if you ever want to play XBC. If you don't want to play Halo 1, you probably aren't cool anyway.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Team Hardcore is fun when you're not lagging like crazy. :O

I'm usually in green ping in TH, but it's very inconsistent. I'll be at full green one second, then low green the next. I have to keep adjusting my shot. :(

But my dad is going to set up a LAN center outside, which means I'll be on XBC again and not on John's bad connection.

Posted by Sauron

Whats your XBC name stinger? Mines Aloyisus117.

Posted by cool gamer dad

It's ArmyChick! :o

Posted by The Ripley

I sadly do not have XBL yet, but I will. Hopefully my traditional name (The Ripley) isnt taken. If ya'll see a 'The Ripley' on another forum, chances are its me.

Posted by s0ul

Hitting a 2v2 halo 1 tournament next weekend with Malaysian. I'd appreciate some practice boiiiis.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Well, Soul, start actually gettin on XBC and we'll play. You get you and your buddy Malaysian, and I'll take my pick from Inchy, Dragon, or Synqur.:)

Posted by Pikamon

I'm on XBL more often nowadays. I don't see Skitzo or Soul as much as I used to, though. Do you guys play anymore?

I see Army Chick on sometimes.

How do you guys like the new Team Hardcore playlist?

Posted by Skitzo Control

Pika, I hadn't seen you online in like 3 months, so I removed you from my list. You'll have to re-send the FR.

Posted by Flounder

i can awnser that for you Pika...no
according to bungie its almost a month for soul
skitzo not as bad
they (ian) sadly forget about there home boiii's (on live)!

i hope you sucked at the tourney yesterday :(

Posted by Flounder

Quoting Stinger: Team Hardcore is fun when you're not lagging like crazy. :O

I'm usually in green ping in TH, but it's very inconsistent. I'll be at full green one second, then low green the next. I have to keep adjusting my shot. :(

But my dad is going to set up a LAN center outside, which means I'll be on XBC again and not on John's bad connection.

i know this is old but....my connection is good as long as my brother isnt downloading porn....even if he is its better than ians :)

Posted by cool gamer dad

You have 750/500? Inferior to my 1000/1000 connection. :)

You can play well on someone else's host, but your host blows. As does Ian's. I should be getting host.

Posted by Flounder

either way you dont get host much..which i find funny :) i think your connection is too good for live. it must think its not worthy

Posted by cool gamer dad

[quote=Flounder]either way you dont get host much..which i find funny :) i think your connection is too good for live. it must think its not worthy
I haven't built much host feedback on this connection yet. Mainly because I don't play MM as much as I did on my old connection in Ripon.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I still say you should get off Live and play H1 XBC with me.:)

Posted by cool gamer dad

Maybe with you, but not with that Wisconson kid.

Posted by s0ul

You go to hell, sir. You have played on my host maybe once ever, and you had a 1,000 ping because John's brother was downloading porn.

Oh yeah, and Halo 2, which you never played on my host since when we play it cannot be on either of our hosts! That's right ho, eat your one thousand.

Edit: oh man i came across way more serious than i was supposed to there. i still think youre hot army chick :(

Posted by cool gamer dad

We're not friends anymore!

Still, playing XBC on a host that lives 1300 miles away does not sound attractive. Come over to my house and we'll LAN.

Posted by s0ul

Dude I way served John and his brother on his host! But yeah, fine, we will LAN one day.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Yeah, we should get on and do some 2s. Like, now...

Posted by cool gamer dad

XBC at John's house this weekend!

I'm not sure if his brother is back at school or not. :(

Posted by s0ul

I will be in San Diego starting Saturday with no high speed or halo 1!! How about XBC at John's house next weekend? ;)

Posted by Flounder

for the record i have won a few games aginst mr. soul (despite is extensive lag he had)...and hey if you drive your *** all the way up here i will make sure you have a crib to crah at. by the way my brother shouldnt be a problem because he is supposed to be getting trained in setting pos systems for Me n Eds. but how he blows things off like i a bum i am not going to promise it

Posted by cool gamer dad

If he's downloading again, we WILL pull him from the router. But Ian, I thought you were coming to my birthday bash.

Posted by Flounder

b/c you replyed soon..when are you coming over tomarrow?

Posted by cool gamer dad

Friday evening when my dad gets off of work. We should have another LAN, but we have to get up early. :(

But what about that Halo? :charmande

Posted by Flounder

haha wanna play xbl now? save the good game for tomarrow

Posted by cool gamer dad

this thread is straight chill zone brother pass the joint

But Halo 2 is super fun on a good host and it can't be denied. And by good game you mean pokemon?

There's a kid at my school with "Halo 2 Sniper" on his backpack. I laughed out loud in history. :cool:

Posted by Flounder

*inhale*

lol did you even ask about it or already come to the correct conclusion that he sucks...just start talking about how team plasma wars is so cool to him

Posted by Flounder

ohh **** i forgot

*pass*

Posted by cool gamer dad

[quote=Flounder]*inhale*

lol did you even ask about it or already come to the correct conclusion that he sucks...just start talking about how team plasma wars is so cool to him
I was laughing too hard about it. I just couldn't keep a straight face... Could have gone on for hours on how stupid it made him look! But really, there's no merit in a Halo 2 snipe.

I like how all of the "big level 40's" are getting RAPED at Team Hardcore.

Posted by Flounder

true dat...but once you have gained the ability to hold in the laughter..really start talking to him..then turn and laugh again

Posted by s0ul

At the tourney some fat kid was bragging about how he was a level 40 and played with the Ogres. He talked about the fundamental problems with matchmaking the ENTIRE time, and he got dead last in the FFA and I don't think he won during the 2v2 either.

Posted by cool gamer dad

[quote=s0ul]At the tourney some fat kid was bragging about how he was a level 40 and played with the Ogres. He talked about the fundamental problems with matchmaking the ENTIRE time, and he got dead last in the FFA and I don't think he won during the 2v2 either.
Hiro? :cool:

Posted by Skitzo Control

I'll be down for XBC or Live right now. I played a few games of Team Snipers this morning. I think I was booted from like 8 straight games for my pro no-scopes on my team.

Posted by s0ul

You guys should've seen me own John on his host at ****y and Wizard. Like, seriously. I'll play you if you're bored Phizzle, I'm still thirsty for blood.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I sure wish I would have seen your post in time, Soul, so I could have avoided playing H2 with Army Chick. Team Sniperawrs is not fun, at all. :(

Posted by Flounder

Quoting s0ul: You guys should've seen me own John on his host at ****y and Wizard. Like, seriously. I'll play you if you're bored Phizzle, I'm still thirsty for blood.

UTSF! ;) i still won some..it was maybe split (maybe)

phil(l)? is the halo jesus..dont ask..dont tell

Posted by cool gamer dad

[quote=Skitzo Control]I sure wish I would have seen your post in time, Soul, so I could have avoided playing H2 with Army Chick. Team Sniperawrs is not fun, at all. :(
Yes it was. I liked your Beam Rifle killtac at Ascension. :cool:

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Flounder]UTSF! ;) i still won some..it was maybe split (maybe)

phil(l)? is the halo jesus..dont ask..dont tell It's Phil.
What happens on John's host stays in John's host.

Beam Rifle>Sniper Rifle. But Ascension is a bad map.
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?gameID=350757073&player=Skitzo%20Control

Posted by Angerion the Brave

Yeah, I'm not fond of Ascension myself. Granted, I don't get much time or chance to play with my friends so many of the Multiplayer maps are quite foreign to me. I'm fond of Coagulation, Zanzibar, The Train Station and Beaver Creek.

I can however, beat the whole game on Hard mode in just over 2 hours. I must say, after playing Legendary, Hard becomes even easier.

Posted by Flounder

Quoting Angerion the Brave: Yeah, I'm not fond of Ascension myself. Granted, I don't get much time or chance to play with my friends so many of the Multiplayer maps are quite foreign to me. I'm fond of Coagulation, Zanzibar, The Train Station and Beaver Creek.

I can however, beat the whole game on Hard mode in just over 2 hours. I must say, after playing Legendary, Hard becomes even easier.

i will leave this for someone else to comment about...

Posted by Angerion the Brave

To late, you already commented.

Posted by cool gamer dad

[quote=Skitzo Control]It's Phil.
What happens on John's host stays in John's host.

Beam Rifle>Sniper Rifle. But Ascension is a bad map.
[URL="http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?gameID=350757073&player=Skitzo%20Control"]http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?gameID=350757073&player=Skitzo%20Control[/URL]
I'd say so when not trying to do cool stuff.

Like killtaculars. I find it harder to headshot with the beam rifle than the snipe.

Posted by Skitzo Control

That game was sick, too. Good thing we lost; it'd have been more embarassing for us to win with those awful kids on our team.:(

Also, XBC with Stinger and Flounder went well. It was Flounder's host, with the two split-screening it up, while I singled it up. GGs.

Anybody down for XBC today? Soul? Flounder? Stinger? Anybody? Just call me to wake me up and I'll get online fast-like.

Posted by Flounder

i will challenge you!
(i dont have your digits)

Posted by s0ul

I used beam before it was cool. I used it so much it became a reference as to who I am. People would be like "you know s0ul?" "is he the guy that kicks *** on the beam rifle?"

Posted by Skitzo Control

I used Beam back when the French version came out!:beep:

Posted by Skitzo Control

I just got done playing a few games with KoH. He's bad. Hang 'em High was 25-0, Prisoner 25-1, and Battle Creek was 25-2. I got bored, so I decided to open up Windows Movie Maker and put in a little clip for you all.

http://media.putfile.com/HIKOH

Posted by Exalbaru

Off topic: Speedfreak's right, wrestling sux! Used 2 watch, but now it's gai. HALO RULES!

Posted by cool gamer dad

Only the finest in Halo.

[quote=Skitzo Control]I just got done playing a few games with KoH. He's bad. Hang 'em High was 25-0, Prisoner 25-1, and Battle Creek was 25-2. I got bored, so I decided to open up Windows Movie Maker and put in a little clip for you all.

[URL="http://media.putfile.com/HIKOH"]http://media.putfile.com/HIKOH[/URL]

It's not loading for me, but the scores tell the horror story.

like, ultra-rape like that one time

Posted by Skitzo Control

Stinger should get on XBC.;)

I was going to post a few videos of me and Soul playing, but they are of very poor quality. Sorry, guys.:(

Posted by Flounder

you diddnt record our phantom-sidwinder game by any chance?

Posted by Skitzo Control

I didn't record any of our games. Remember what you said? What happens on your host stays on your host.;)

Posted by cool gamer dad

And rightfully so considering his host ****ing sucks.

Posted by noobsmasher

Quoting misogenie: [COLOR=DarkGreen]Halo 2 last level. I had the feeling I would ride the giant mosquito-like enemy vehicle, it's seems indestructible. When you try to blast one of it's legs with the ghost(I think), the leg barely has a scratch and probably would feel like a pinprick if this giant mechanical bug was alive. This bug has firepower that can blast STAR WARS Death Planet in one shot. Just this giant bug could take out more than a 1000 alien flying vehicles, and still be in one piece - I truly believe this is so. As it turned out, I couldn't ride this bug because it's not part of the game. Instead, it was a ghost I had to ride to enter the door entrance, made way by one single blast from the giant bug, to the last stage. [/COLOR]Disappointing ending.

there are some powersaves that have it so u can wield the scarab gun in the form of a wart hog gun or plasma rifle and other stuff so u can actually use it on metropolis.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Attention Soul:

Start playing Halo 2 again like oldschool SPF 50 style. Really, It's no fun without the team. :(

Posted by Skitzo Control

Why not "Attention Skitzo?" Huh? Are you just too afraid to admit that you miss me in all my manliness?

Posted by Alastor

I'm not.

I miss Phil and all his manliness. :(

Posted by Cronoan

Phil, you're back?! :D

I missed the manliness too. :(

Posted by cool gamer dad

[quote=Skitzo Control]Why not "Attention Skitzo?" Huh? Are you just too afraid to admit that you miss me in all my manliness?
Wait!

You get high-speed internet way the hell out in the middle of nowhere?

Posted by Skitzo Control

Even Cronoan could admit she missed me, Dan. Just fess up.

I could either get AT&T/Yahoo! DSL ($12.99 mo.), Earthlink DSL ($39.95 mo.), Clearwire Wireless Broadband ($34.98 mo.), or DirecWay Satellite Broadband ($59.99-$99.99 mo.). Clearwire will probably be my choice, because they have the highest upload (256k). It'll just be a matter of getting a better job, a decent PC, and getting my Xbox shipped out to me.

Posted by Klarth

I have XBconnect and XLink kai now, guys - Haven't downloaded Halo yet, but I've got Halo 2. Hit me up, my name's KayoDot.

No way am I paying for live - I'd probably only use it a month a year anyway.

Posted by Cronoan

Lame, Klarth, Live is all I CAN do with Halo 2. -_-'

I'm glad you're back, Phil! :D You just don't even know. ;)

Posted by Skitzo Control

Well, I'm not really back, yet. You see, I'm using a sort of library for internet connection. My time on here is limited, and I'm not even supposed to be going onto any site where I'm not looking for employment.

Klarth, aren't you one of those filthy Brits? Brits can't play XBC, just like they can't have attractive women, go without tea for longer than an hour, or win wars against the Americans. If you aren't a UK-anian, then you're okay in my book! I'll gladly hit you up for some XBC, as soon as I get it set up.

Posted by Klarth

Orgasmic.

And I haven't had a cup of tea for three days. The crumpet withdrawal is beginning to set in. :(

Posted by Skitzo Control

You haven't had tea for three days? Hang in there, man! I hear if you go without it for long enough, all your sins as a Brit are forgiven, and you are nearly as acceptable as a Canadian.

Posted by Cronoan

Good to have you back Phil. ;)

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Skitzo Control: You haven't had tea for three days? Hang in there, man! I hear if you go without it for long enough, all your sins as a Brit are forgiven, and you are nearly as acceptable as a Canadian.

Fear not! My igloo happens to have melted yesterday, yet I am soon enough receiving a bulk shipment of waffles, eh.

i hate my life

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Cronoan]Good to have you back Phil. ;)Good to be back.:)But, alas, I have no way of getting on AIM. I have to use Libraries, Employment Agencies, and friends' computers to get my 'net fix!
[quote=Klarth]i hate my life
And rightfully so... Rightfully so...

So, as much as I hate to put this thread back on topic, I must.

Does anybody actually play Halo (1 or 2) extensively, still? I mean, I know there are people back in the big UT that LAN, and such, but do any of you still have a lot of friends that are playing? I know it's only been like two months since I left, but I figure... you know... with me gone, the whole operation is shot. Without me, what is Halo 2 Xbox Live? It's just another online-FPS, y'know?

Posted by Cronoan

Without you bby, I quit playing. :( Haven't been on in over a month.

Of course this has nothing to do with the fact that no one but a bunch of fags plays anymore either. ;) Or that I dumped the one guy I played with in your absence. :P It's all you.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Good thing you dumped him, anyway. You need more room for me in your life. And I'll try to fill all the space you give me.

Nothing in that post (especially that last line) was meant to be innuendous.

Posted by Alastor

Sauron told me about this program today. It pretty much takes all of your stats (kills and whatnot) from Bungie.net and totals them together. You can arrange the stats into Matchmaking, Ranked, Unranked, Custom, and use all other types of sorting. It keeps track of other things, such as Medals and Accuracy, but since Bungie.net doesn't keep track of these things for any more than a few weeks, it'll only gather what's available. If you make use of this program, scan every other week (or month, for most of you) if you want to keep your medals up to date. You can also make a sort of profile page, too.

Edit: Haven't checked on how to get it online yet. So far the profile page is just taken from Program Files.

Oh, and it's free.

http://www.shatterock.com/products/software/qryspree/

Posted by s0ul

I had 49,000 kills on my Citizen Snips account :)

Didn't bother with my first account because loads of those games were played by my not-very-good-at-Halo friend!

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=s0ul]I had 49,000 kills on my Citizen Snips account :)24,500 of which were no-scope headshots on your's truly.:)
[quote=Alastor][URL="http://www.shatterock.com/products/software/qryspree/"]http://www.shatterock.com/products/software/qryspree/[/URL]Or you can just show off your HTML skills, or use an online guide:
[URL="http://www.haloimpulse.com/sig/directions.html"]http://www.haloimpulse.com/sig/directions.html[/URL]

Posted by s0ul

Random note:

Army Chick and I have the exact same K/A-D Ratio in matchmaking. :)

Yeah, I ran the query for all of SPF50, Skitzo pretty much never dies, has the best K-D ratio pretty much everywhere, Army Chick usually has better ratios but less kills than me, I have a lot of kills and a lot of deaths and I forgot to run Ken!

It's kinda funny because those are patterns I could've told you without a query :p

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Skitzo Control: Or you can just show off your HTML skills, or use an online guide:
[URL="http://www.haloimpulse.com/sig/directions.html"]http://www.haloimpulse.com/sig/directions.html[/URL]

How do you use HTML :cool:

Quoting s0ul: It's kinda funny because those are patterns I could've told you without a query :p

Yeah, but it's still neat to have the exact numbers that no one except you will ever care about, right?

Posted by s0ul

Haha, I wasn't trying to imply it's a waste of time or anything, it's awesome. I just thought it was cool how those stats pretty much reflect exactly how it is every time I play with Skitzo and Army Chick.

Posted by Alastor

I was kidding, man. :cool:

Posted by cool gamer dad

Please don't check my Inspector days. I'm not exactly proud.

I downloaded that a long time ago and it still took four hours for it to count my games up. And as of six months ago when I downloaded it, I was there for over 23,000 of Snip's kills. We played a lot.

Flounder has an overall negative kills-to-death ratio, but I always remembered him either doing really bad (like 4-9 bad), and sometimes he'd do rediculously good (16-4 ish). Though he does get host a majority of his games. So we keep him as a valuable member of the team. :)

I can't remember what Ken was like, although I do remember him being almost impossible to kill at times. Oh, and I remember he'd call EVERY SINGLE THING out to the point where the whole team would get ****ed off. Ken was pretty cool I guess. :cool:

Skitzo is just Skitzo. Always the team man while Ian, John and I would run out and slaughter/be slaughtered. SPF 50 was just some hick clan consisting of one Jesus Christ and three FFA players.

I look foward to Halo 3 actually. If you don't get back on Halo 2, Ian, then I'll see you on the sequel until we get bored of it. And oh yeah, I can't join your games, Dan, so don't feel bad when I don't join. :( OH, and when you get your box back, Phil, send me a PM. I don't use AIM.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Stinger:

I look foward to Halo 3 actually. If you don't get back on Halo 2, Ian, then I'll see you on the sequel until we get bored of it. And oh yeah, I can't join your games, Dan, so don't feel bad when I don't join. :( OH, and when you get your box back, Phil, send me a PM. I don't use AIM.

I've actually played twice this week already, so if you still play, you might catch me on. I'll keep an eye on the friends list, if I see you on, I'll probably play.

Posted by cool gamer dad

The first game we play, we play against cheaters. :)

We still wicked served their asses.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Yeah... I played way too cautious. If we could somehow get H1 stats, you'd see how little I died there, too. Last time I LANed (before I left UT), I played with these guys and had an average of 5 deaths a game. My teammate, however, had an average of 45 deaths a game, so we normally lost.:(

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Stinger: And oh yeah, I can't join your games, Dan, so don't feel bad when I don't join. :(

There any reason why besides me being Internetless?

Posted by cool gamer dad

[quote=Alastor]There any reason why besides me being Internetless?
You're connected through a wireless router.

EDIT:

*were

*will be

*etc

Posted by Alastor

My router (at home) has a wireless function, yes, but I'm connected to it through an Ethernet cable, as is my computer. We don't use the wireless function at all. So... yeah, big wtf. :/

Edit: "I think you have better range when you're going down on someone." -Army Chick, Halo 2: Rumble Swords

Posted by Skitzo Control

Army Chick has the biggest problem with saying things completely homosexual when he has something big, black, and hard in his hands.

I'm talking about the controller, perverts.

Posted by cool gamer dad

[quote=Alastor]My router (at home) has a wireless function, yes, but I'm connected to it through an Ethernet cable, as is my computer. We don't use the wireless function at all. So... yeah, big wtf. :/

Edit: "I think you have better range when you're going down on someone." -Army Chick, Halo 2: Rumble Swords
lol

And that's that I meant by you being connected through a wireless router. That's why Ian and Flounder have to connect directly to their modems if they want to play with the Army Chick.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Or they have to have Skitzo host. But then they can't hear each other.:cool:

Posted by Random

Hey I picked up and started playing Halo 2 again. Halo 1 I don't have yet. And financially I won't be picking it up for at least 2 weeks :-P

Posted by Skitzo Control

H1 is $20. That's not budget-breaking cash, man. I can afford that and I only make $500 a month.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Aren't they dropping the price to 10 bucks? Who can't afford that?

Posted by Skitzo Control

Or you could steal it. Stealing's always good. And it's super cool, too!

Posted by Random

lol see I have a problem. I'm moving and moving costs cash. Thats why i'm not going out and spending excess cash.

How poor to you have to be where you can't afford ten dollars? =/

Posted by Random

The games $19.99 but I've got to rent a Uhaul, buy things like a vacuum cleaner, new clothes, kitchen appliances and tools and what not, not to mention putting down money on the place then having to pay monthly rent. Its going to be very expensive all in all. I'm not wasting a dime til I see what I have.

Quoted post: The games $19.99 but I've got to rent a Uhaul

Should be going down in price, if I heard correct. Or was that not one of them? Either way, 20 bucks, pff.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Man, HPK, you have no idea of poor until you're stuck in my position.;)Let me elaborate...

I currently have to pay $500 a month rent. I make $480 a month. Sound like fun? I might not even be able to cash my checks for work because I won't be able to afford the fees to buy a California State Identification Card.

Posted by cool gamer dad

:(

You should move in to the central valley area. Maybe my dad would hook a brother up with a job someplace.

:cool:

EDIT: But yeah, a place in the cantral valley can be pricey.

Posted by Dog

20 bucks! i paid 40 and it doesn't even work on my computer!

Posted by Skitzo Control

I may be getting an apartment of my own as soon as I get the application filled out. I'll be able to get a reduced rent (man, low-income housing rules!) thanks to my job.:cool:I'll definietly get some DSL as soon as possible.

Posted by cool gamer dad

[quote=Skitzo Control]I may be getting an apartment of my own as soon as I get the application filled out. I'll be able to get a reduced rent (man, low-income housing rules!) thanks to my job.:cool:I'll definietly get some DSL as soon as possible.
And since you're in California, there's no need to buy a plane ticket over to LA!

Posted by flyingboris

halo is awesome

Posted by Alastor

Quoting flyingboris: halo is awesome

Hell yes it is.

Posted by Klarth

You know TimeSplitters is better, though. :-*

Posted by cool gamer dad

No way.

And are you really in South America?

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Klarth]You know TimeSplitters is better, though. :-*For the first ten minutes.:-*

I really need to get online, soon...

Posted by Zeta

I find it amusing that I can easily beat the Halo 'pros' in my school, despite the fact that I spend about 95% of my gaming on Nintendo consoles.

I played against some guy that said whoever plays Nintendo games sucks at games. You should have seen the look on his face when I kicked his *** on Halo 2. Priceless.

Posted by Sauron

Quoting Alastor: Hell yes it is.

The first one, yes. =P

Posted by Skitzo Control

I GOT AN XBOX! WOOT! I´ve been playing all the locals in this area, and let me just say that there is a serious lack of challenge around here.:( I´ll be getting online soon, though. I better be!

Please note that my apostrophes are just like good ol´Bjarni´s. It´s because I´m using a Spanish Keyboard. I´m sorry.

Posted by cool gamer dad

GOOD NOW PRACTICE UP FOR MLG LA QUICK-LIKE.

Maybe Chicago.

Posted by Dog

okay, basicailly i was playing halo on zanzibar. i attempted to do a superjump and then, strangly, i fell through the ground and died. so i tryed again-- and then the superjump wasn't working. it hasn't worked since. am i missing somthing?

Posted by Skitzo Control

Yes. Your ability to play the game the way it was meant to be played.:)

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Skitzo Control: Yes. Your ability to play the game the way it was meant to be played.:)

OH SHI :cookie:

btw, no XBL yet. As I've said before, I'm only back on dial-up, so you guys have to wait a bit longer before you can own me some more at MLG, k?

Posted by Skitzo Control

Thus far, I've played about 50 games (about 20 different people) in H1 and H2, and haven't died in an MLG game.:(It's kinda cool, though, because I have a 50-0 winning streak and a 750-0 kill-death in Red Bluff. I'm so proud of me.:DI don't count the stupid Sword, Duels Only, Rockets, etc. games, because, let's face it:they aren't fun.

Posted by XxLionheartXx

Sometimes i think that far cry instincts is better than halo 2, expecailly with the map editor.

Posted by Skitzo Control

FarCry is a far cry from Halo.:)That pun ruled.

You don't see anybody making a big fuss about FarCry. And why? It's just not a good game.

Posted by XxLionheartXx

bull! Far cry is an awesome game! One of the best on the Xbox!!!!!

Posted by Skitzo Control

Tell me, then, what makes it such a great game?

Posted by s0ul

Well, for starters it's mediocre.

Oh, right. Great.

Posted by Klarth

Alright, I'm determined - I'm gonna get the original Xbox dash back, and... I'm going to buy (yes, buy) Halo 2. :( Just so I can **** around with you guys.

Happy now?

I will be once I get Live back.

Oh, and FC:I was a sweet single-player game, but the multi was really lacking. I haven't played in awhile, but I didn't find anything great about it. Nothing that would cause Halo players to switch over anyways.

Posted by Alastor

Far Cry, among other things, had the absolute worst AI I've seen in a long time. Crap in plenty of other areas, too. Pretty to look at, atleast. Not to mention the Vista version of Halo 2 is supposed to have a map editor, so that "advantage" won't last too long, imo.

[Quote=Klarth]I'm going to buy (yes, buy) Halo 2.

Holy legal purchasing, Batman!

Posted by Axis

[B]In an interview, Shane Kim, Head of Microsoft Game Studios, pretty much confirmed that the next Halo game will be present at E3 when he said this:

"You mean the mythical Halo 3? I mean, it's silly to deny its existence when the chairman of MS (Bill Gates) announced it, but I have nothing to announce now, but expect there to be a significant announcement at E3."

Source: http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,...1a7873,00.html

Update:
Peter Moore also said something interesting regarding the presence of Halo 3 at E3 and its release date:

[I]Moore stated the following:

Posted by Dog

my freind is downloading a mod to become a jackal and play 3rd person.

Posted by Skitzo Control

...That's nothing new. I played as Cortana in H1.

Posted by truekillforfun

ive seen people do glitches on headlong (the one with the broken bridge)
but i dony know how 2 butterflie with the sword. what do u press

Posted by truekillforfun

if any 1 here wants a challenge truekillforfun is my xbox live name

Posted by cool gamer dad

So, I played with Slade. Pretty cool guy when I can actually hear him.

Oh, and disregard that humiliating MLG game on Lockout. We were trying to set up a wicked spawn lock on you guys but we couldn't stop the guys from running from bottom lift to glass!

We've found out how to make the other team spawn at bottom elevator or back wall every time on Ivory, so we can just sit there and snipe them when they spawn. The lock on Midship is hard to set up, but you can force them to spawn Carbine 2 every time if you have someone in Pink Room or pink 3, both bases, and one in the top middle near sword.

Posted by truekillforfun

hey stinger do u know how 2 butterflie with the sword

Posted by Skitzo Control

You know, Army Chick, it's better to hold the back wall of Ivory Tower than have the opponent back there. There's a combo, easy access to the Rocket, OS, and Sword, and you can watch just about everywhere.

Posted by s0ul

Hahaha, black wall. :cool:

Posted by loony636

Quoting Skitzo Control: ...That's nothing new. I played as Cortana in H1.

Wait...how would you play a disembodied computer? Or is it just you look like that Cortana hologram?

Posted by truekillforfun

hey does any 1 know how 2 buterflie with the sword

Posted by cool gamer dad

[quote=Skitzo Control]You know, Army Chick, it's better to hold the back wall of Ivory Tower than have the opponent back there. There's a combo, easy access to the Rocket, OS, and Sword, and you can watch just about everywhere.
Combo is gone now. MLG is no duals on map.

But you don't understand. The spawn lock on Ivory Tower is insane. Now, it's pretty crap trying to set it up. You'd have to have a guy right on overshield, one at back wall, one at bottom shotgun, and a guy at middle elevator (does the spawn killing). With this, the other team will spawn at bottom elevator every time.

You can literally sit there with a sword, waiting for someone to spawn right in front of you if you're the middle elevator man.

If all goes wrong, back wall is what we do. :)

Posted by loony636

Quoting truekillforfun: hey does any 1 know how 2 buterflie with the sword

Seriously, did you even consider google? It took me 0.34 seconds to find this page:

Quoted post: Butterfly:
This trick can help get you to high places. On Xbox Live or split screen mode, go to the locatoin against a wall where you want to go. Make sure you have rockets (recommended) or a sword, then look up. Get a player to stand on your head. Make sure that person is an enemy. The player on your head needs to keep on jumping while you keep pressing X + B. You should get to the top if you balanced all the way

Posted by truekillforfun

thanks looney

while i was looking up superjumps i found 1 where u flip a banshee stand on the pod on the end of the wing then use rockets 2 shoot the oposite wing if done right u will hit the top of the level (yes its that good)

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Stinger]Combo is gone now. MLG is no duals on map.

But you don't understand. The spawn lock on Ivory Tower is insane. Now, it's pretty crap trying to set it up. You'd have to have a guy right on overshield, one at back wall, one at bottom shotgun, and a guy at middle elevator (does the spawn killing). With this, the other team will spawn at bottom elevator every time.

You can literally sit there with a sword, waiting for someone to spawn right in front of you if you're the middle elevator man.

If all goes wrong, back wall is what we do. :)I haven't paid much attention, but good call to MLG. I assume the Carbine is used a lot more often.

I understand that, Army Chick, but the fact that you need to be so far spread out makes it dangerous. After LANing with bad people so much lately (all they play is Swords), I've noticed how easy it is to dodge the Sword. All you need to do is either sidestep right or jump when they're coming from above. If your Sword guy screws up one time, you just put them in good position to swarm each of you, and get one power weapon at a time.

Black wall is the way to go, 90% of the time.:)

Posted by Majician

Quoting truekillforfun: thanks looney

while i was looking up superjumps i found 1 where u flip a banshee stand on the pod on the end of the wing then use rockets 2 shoot the oposite wing if done right u will hit the top of the level (yes its that good)

This can be done on basically any level with a Banshee. Except you have to have overshielf.(I tried it the 1st time, I died, then re-read the page) I like doing it on Headlong. I know a bunch of superjumps/glitches/tricks, if anybody here wants to know some, PM me.

Posted by eliteterror

when is halo 3 coming out and will the elites be sided with the humans or will the covenant wipe them out? send reply as quik as possible please

Posted by Alastor

...just wait until E3. Nothing on Halo 3's really even been announced yet. E3 starts Tuesday. Not like it'll kill you to wait.

Posted by 007k

hi,i find HALO in cpu when i play onlin suxxx
i dont know whyy!!!.;,,??

Posted by s0ul

I'm genuinely impressed by how many morons this thread can lure in.

Posted by Klarth

They all think it's the best game ever made. What do you expect?

Posted by truekillforfun

there is a really easy trick on turf or relic. go 2 the black shields (need overshield and rockets) get behind 1 (smaller the better) then jump on the end where it sticks out then hold croutch aim as high as u can while still shooting the shield then shoot and u will fly

and on that other trick it somtimess dosent work i have no clue why

Posted by Majician

Quoting Klarth: They all think it's the best game ever made. What do you expect?

**** right... **** right.

Andyways, I'm going to E3!!!! It's going to be super cool. I have no idea when Halo3 comes out though. If I did, I'd tattoo it on my arm! Yeah. I have yet to recieve any PM's. Meh, you guys just aren't halo freaks like I am... *sigh*

Posted by s0ul

Or maybe we're just much much better than you ;)

Posted by Majician

Maybe. But I'm in the NAVY, so technically, if the government had to choose, they would choose the NAVY enlisted sailor over the civilian. pwnd

Posted by cool gamer dad

I serve my country by kicking *** at Halo.

Posted by Majician

Whatever makes you feel better.

Posted by Klarth

Most people here enjoy Halo for the gameplay, not the fact that it's Halo. The story, setting and design all suck. :)

Posted by Majician

What?! Halo has a great story, notice how they left the ending open? Like a lot of great movies. The design is unique. And I'm not sure what setting is, but, I'm gonna defends mah halo!! I don't play campaign at all very much, but I use Halo mostly for System link or live. Yeah, killing people is what I do, NAVY!!

The story is awful. It's even worse when it's fairly apparent the developer doesn't seem to care about it. Not only is it pretty unoriginal, but the way it's played out in the games it brutal.

Also, since when did a cliffhanger equal "zomg great movie!". If anything, it detracts from the experience and lessens the quality of the movie. It makes it feel incompletely, especially when you're certain the next installment is going to suck balls.

Posted by truekillforfun

halo 2 rocks the storyline is great and whats wrong with the setting.
the only reson they left the cliff hanger is so more people wanna buy it.
halo rocks end of story

No one's going to buy Halo 3 for the single-player.

Posted by truekillforfun

lots of people will buy halo 3 i wanna buy it but i dont have any money.
halo 1 was a hit halo 2 was a hit and halo 3 will hit the roofs!!

Posted by Majician

Quoting truekillforfun: halo 2 rocks the storyline is great and whats wrong with the setting.
the only reson they left the cliff hanger is so more people wanna buy it.
halo rocks end of story

Here, here!!

And I would think at least ONE person in the entire world would buy it just for the story line. I think it's just a side game for the real fun, multiplayer.

Posted by s0ul

I dunno, I kinda like the story, at least how the betraying the Elites played out. I mean, it's thrown together poorly, the levels are repetitive and boring and the gameplay is torturous, but it's not a terrible premise.

Posted by cool gamer dad

So guys: Chief was holding an AR in the trailer. Good stuff to come?

Posted by Majician

There's a trailor out?!

Nuh-uh?

Links?!?! Post them!!!

It's literally everywhere. Check Gametrailers for HD.

Quoted post:
I dunno, I kinda like the story, at least how the betraying the Elites played out. I mean, it's thrown together poorly, the levels are repetitive and boring and the gameplay is torturous, but it's not a terrible premise.

Which is the problem. I don't care how a story reads on paper (unless it's a book), if it's not implemented and executed well it might as well have been made with a ****ty storyline to begin with.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Vampiro: No one's going to buy Halo 3 for the single-player.

I am.

Sure, mostly for multiplayer, but I'm very interested in seeing how the story closes.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Vampiro: The story is awful. It's even worse when it's fairly apparent the developer doesn't seem to care about it. Not only is it pretty unoriginal, but the way it's played out in the games it brutal.

Also, since when did a cliffhanger equal "zomg great movie!". If anything, it detracts from the experience and lessens the quality of the movie. It makes it feel incompletely, especially when you're certain the next installment is going to suck balls.

Hello, my name is Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back.

:)

I'm excited about the single player actually bothering to let us play ON EARTH FOR MORE THAN TWO MISSIONS. Y'know. Like they advertised in Halo 2.

Posted by Alastor

I'd like that, as well. It should happen, since I honestly can't figure where else they'd put you in the campaign besides Earth. Well, there's the possibility of playing The Arbiter or another Elite character, but other than that, I figure there'll be Earth levels, Covenant cruiser levels, and a few Ark levels.

Quoted post: Hello, my name is Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back.

Erm, mostly. There's going to exceptions, but the large majority or terrible.

Quoted post:
I am.

Sure, mostly for multiplayer, but I'm very interested in seeing how the story closes.

Really? The main factor for you buying Halo 3 is the singple-player? lol, hope it's good then.

Quoted post:
I'm excited about the single player actually bothering to let us play ON EARTH FOR MORE THAN TWO MISSIONS. Y'know. Like they advertised in Halo 2.

Yeah, the Earth missions were the best part of Halo 2's SP I think. I guess it's just more interesting to see something you can relate to that's been totally distroyed.

Posted by Alastor

Just depends on how you look at it. I actually liked the Halo 2 campaign. Two Earth levels were disappointing, but I thought it was pretty enjoyable.

I said I wouldn't buy Halo 3 just for the single player. Probably not the main reason, either, but if it didn't even have multiplayer, I'd still buy it.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I heard the AR was in a Halo 3 trailer, but I didn't believe. I'm half-hoping they'll use the Havok engine again, but this time make some decent use of it. That, and I sure hope to get the fast-paced of Halo 1 back. Halo 2 is only fast-paced if you play without a Battle Rifle or Sniper, and then the game is just all about spray-and-pray.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Skitzo Control: I heard the AR was in a Halo 3 trailer

isn't chief holding it in the trailer?

Posted by Alastor

He is, but I think what Phil meant is that he hasn't seen it yet.

But yes, he is. The exact same one from Halo 1. It's got a little more detail, but other than that, it looks identical to the original AR.

Edit: Am I the only one who suspects a "Combat Rifle" in this one just for some lame ABC rifle series? Assault, Battle, Combat, lolalphabet?

Posted by Pit

lolphabet*

Posted by cool gamer dad

[quote=Alastor]Edit: Am I the only one who suspects a "Combat Rifle" in this one just for some lame ABC rifle series? Assault, Battle, Combat, lolalphabet?
You and a million others.

Posted by Alastor

I was suspecting it before it was cool.

Posers.

Spoiler: how about those smg spawns guys

Posted by Dog

TELL ME SUPERJUMPS PLEASE.

Posted by Random

I want Bungie to remake Halo 1 with beastie graphics and Xbox Live capability for the Xbox 360. This would make me want to cream my pants.

Halo 1>Halo 2

Yeah, that makes more sense that trying to put as much effort into 3 as possible, hopefully making it better than both 1 and 2.

Posted by Random

I'm not saying to do it before 3 comes out. Just eventually make a remake. They don't have to scrap anything into it. Maybe add a level or two, change the graphics, and Enable Xbox Live. I'm sure that wouldn't take too much effort. And I never said they'd do it before 3 came out :-P

Just use XBC

Posted by s0ul

XBC is awful if you don't know exactly who you're playing already, and even then it's mediocre.

Better than nothing if you really want to play Halo 1 online. Because the chances of a remake or update of Halo is pretty slim.

Posted by cool gamer dad

XBC is bad, but when you own some cocky Dymdez kid 2v2 ****ation on his host... it's pretty fun.

I'm no halo-pro now, but if Halo CE was on XBL, I know it would be nearly as bad as on XBC. A game that requires such accuracy would not work out on the average XBL host.

But anyway, if I played too much Halo CE, I'd get tired of it. That's why occasionally LANing it is fun.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Stinger]XBC is bad, but when you own some cocky Dymdez kid 2v2 ****ation on his host... it's pretty fun.Dymdez is a fucking prick! He's terribly bad, too.

It's come to the point where there are only about 20 or 30 different people who play H1 on XBC, and nearly every single one of them are terrible at the game and are as arrogant as they come.

Posted by cool gamer dad

hah

The game description was "H1 Pros come get some".

Posted by Sweet Teen

i have not been on in like 6 months on xbox live which sux but ill b back on 2marrah FINALLY!!!!

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Quoting Skitzo Control: It's come to the point where there are only about 20 or 30 different people who play H1 on XBC

Really? I haven't been on XBC in three or four months, and there were countless people playing back then.

Quoting Skitzo Control: nearly every single one of them are terrible at the game and are as arrogant as they come.

Wow. What's new? I just love having someone run up behind me with a rocket launcher, and then saying what a n00b I am. It's great.

Posted by Skitzo Control

There are only about 20 people still playing H1, Myr. H2, there are hundreds.

As for the "noob" comment, I'd have to agree with them. If you're better than your opponent, you should have the Rocket Launcher every time it spawns. The same thing goes with having Overshield and Camo. Halo 1 is all about two things: Pistol and Power Ups. If you aren't better at controlling them than your opponent, you'll probably lose. The same goes for Halo 2 (except take out the "Pistol" part), but the H2 Power Ups (the OS, Rocket, Sword, and Sniper) have a much larger impact on the game.

Posted by s0ul

I was playing more than 3 or 4 months ago, there was like 30 hosts at the very most. It's pretty dead.

And yeah, I hate when people brag about their kills with power weapons (sans snipes), but what Skitzo says is also true.

Posted by Skitzo Control

That's right, I got THE S0Ul backing me up all up in here.

I'm working at GameStop, now, so I'm sure to find some fellow decent LANers and get things rolling, again. At the very least, I'll find some terrible LANers. That's better than nothing.

Posted by cool gamer dad

So people actually bother to type "rofl ur noob" in the middle of a game?

Posted by maoroshi

hello

Posted by kirbykid

yo i have a question. theres a glitch with the first turret on the first bridge of assault on the control room. if you throw a grenade on the right spot, jump on the ledge and get in it as if falls over the edge, your supposed to fall to the ground with some health left (if done perfectly) ive seen it done via online movie of somone who did it. by chance, does anybody know the link the this movie, or how to find it so i can watch it to try and replicate it? (ive tried the glitched hundreds of times and never perfectly reached the ground alive)

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Stinger]So people actually bother to type "rofl ur noob" in the middle of a game?Yes.

A guy from church said these exact words: "I'm gonna pown your face so hard," right before I beat him and his three friends 4v1 Halo 2.

Posted by Alastor

I'm actually going to be able to play again as of Friday. Not that any of you are that active (Hi Ian, Phil, Dan >=o), but still. I might pick up Halo if I get bored enough. My mom owes me for denying me a trip to Blockbuster the other day, so someone might have to explain XBC to me and show me how bad I am at H1. :cool:

Posted by s0ul

I'll more than likely be getting Live again within a week or so. I still won't be playing Halo except perhaps by special request (I'm looking at you, Army Chick). It's been too long since I have pwned a n00b with SPF50.

I've been itching for competitive scene lately, I've uh... started playing Smash :(

Edit: The wireless 360 adaptor is 100 ****ing dollars. What the hell?

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Alastor]I'm actually going to be able to play again as of Friday. Not that any of you are that active (Hi Ian, Phil, Dan >=o), but still. I might pick up Halo if I get bored enough. My mom owes me for denying me a trip to Blockbuster the other day, so someone might have to explain XBC to me and show me how bad I am at H1. :cool:
XBC is simple: download it, install it, then follow the step-by-step instructions given to you on the program. Very, very easy...
---
Competitive games is what it's all about. I started playing other games, and I just can't find any point in playing them. I got bored of Fable, Morrowind, and Dreamfall in a matter of an hour, but I can't stop playing Halo or WarCraft. Something must be wrong with me...

Posted by NeXidala

what do u guys prefer halo 1, or halo 2??
i personally think that halo 2 is more developed and has better things than halo 1 even though they both rock!

Posted by Skitzo Control

Easily, Halo 1 takes the torch. Halo 1 was all about one thing: skill and control. If I'm more skilled than my opponent, I'll win. There's no doubt in that. In Halo 2, even if I'm more skilled than my opponent, they can win simply because they spawned in the better place, especially if you're not playing MLG settings.

Posted by NeXidala

well you are right that is sumthing else to think about and now that i consider it u r right! HALO 1 FOR ME!!
-------------
sanaxis u r here!!!

Posted by Ayu

u hav a point skitzo i hate tht in halo2
i personally like halo1 for the same reason
hey nexidala

Posted by Alastor

"Halo 1 or Halo 2" around here's a pretty simple question. Everyone who's good will say Halo 1, and everyone else will say Halo 2. ;o

Posted by NeXidala

lol alstor lets have a more open question......which weapon did u prefer in halo 1?? meh, i like the good ol fashioned shot gun, the sniper, and the pistol

Posted by Ayu

ooohhh i like the alien sniper forgot wht it was called sry

Posted by Alastor

It'd have to be the pistol, but it didn't bother me to find it retooled in Halo 2.

Best moment I had in Halo 1, hands down, would be my cousin playing me in a 1v1 FFA and saying, "The pistol sucks. This is the worst ****ing gun in the game. Where's the rocket launcher spawn?" Then having that game end, my Kill - Death ratio 60 - 1, using nothing but a pistol for the whole game. :)

I liked Halo 1 for being more.. epic, so to speak. I honestly do prefer Halo 2, which is probably why I'm not uberpro, right Phil? :cookie:

Edit: That's the Beam Rifle you're thinking of.

Posted by NeXidala

lol my best halo moment was wen my cousins were over and we were doin 2player story mode and then my ego maniac cousin was all like "watch and learn" with the sniper gun and as he is scutting bak in the game to get a perfect shot he falls off the cliff!!!!!!!!! LMAO it was so funny

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Alastor]I liked Halo 1 for being more.. epic, so to speak. I honestly do prefer Halo 2, which is probably why I'm not uberpro, right Phil? :cookie:
No, you're not "uberpro" because you're not me!:mad:
On a more serious note, a lot of people prefer Halo 2 because of the semi-level playing field, even if you are a better player. I'm tremendously better than anybody I've played out here (not to be arrogant, it's just true), but every one of these idiots will at least break 5 in a 1v1 game. In Halo 1, I haven't had a single person get more than two kills on me, yet. Halo 2 is a lot simpler to learn to play, too; no matter which way your opponent is moving, as long as your reticle is red, you'll be able to hit them (with very few and rare exceptions). As for Halo 1, shooting when your reticle is red usually means you'll miss your shots, thus meaning you have to rely a little more on your ability to lead than the games programming to get you a kill.

Posted by Ayu

oh thanx i also like halo2 only cause u get to be an alien but thts about it...

my fav moment was when my cuz lol came over and him and his friend were trying to snipe eachother and werent paying attention to me because they thought i stunk and i came up behind each of them and blew them up with a grenade launcher lol:-D

Posted by s0ul

Though I do agree with Skitzo for the most part, there are two players who I am FAR better than that have beat me 1v1 Halo 1. Like, it's not just a bitter "they beat me so they suck" thing, but like, people I usually beat 25-10ish.

And also, every time I've beaten Skitzo. :)

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Sanaxis: oh thanx i also like halo2 only cause u get to be an alien but thts about it...

my fav moment was when my cuz lol came over and him and his friend were trying to snipe eachother and werent paying attention to me because they thought i stunk and i came up behind each of them and blew them up with a grenade launcher lol:-D

LMAO sanaxis thats funny thats wat my cuz thought, and yea being an alien is cooll but halo 1 is just more haloish if u kno wat i mean lol the other one was awesome dont get me wrong!! :-D

Posted by cool gamer dad

I like Halo 2 because it's easy and I win a lot.

Posted by NeXidala

did u guys use the grenades alot?? meh, i didnt use them all that much only in emergency situations

Posted by Alastor

Well, yeah. Playing on Heroic and Legendary made me kind of reliant on grenades and aiming for the head.

Posted by cool gamer dad

There is no such thing as a headshot with the SMG.

But yeah, I played almost ZERO competitive Halo CE. I'd play Legendary with my friends every day, though. Now I'm a BEAST. :mad: :mad: :mad:

And look at those Xit Wounds kids. Straight Rumble Pit nubs (Bonfire and itwasluck, not Killer N) back in the day. Look at them now. Halo CE is gay.

Posted by s0ul

wtf, Killer N's back?

Posted by Alastor

How about those Killtrosities in Team SWAT playing against only two people guys?

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting s0ul: wtf, Killer N's back?

He's been around for a while... Xit Wounds used to be Bonfire, itwasluck (you've probably played with him in Rumble pit), Killer N, and Zyos.

They got a bad 7th place finish at Dalas, so Zyos quit halo for good. Then Samurai came back to replace Zyos.

Oh, and remember Fossik? His team made it into the pro brackets at one point. : /

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=s0ul]Though I do agree with Skitzo for the most part, there are two players who I am FAR better than that have beat me 1v1 Halo 1. Like, it's not just a bitter "they beat me so they suck" thing, but like, people I usually beat 25-10ish.In LAN or on XBC? XBC does compensate for a lot of points, sometimes, and even off-host on LAN can be a five point difference.

By the way, I don't recall any of our games being completely one-sided (with the exception of our first few games, and the occasional Rat Race or ****ation game where I hoarded camo and the spawns suck). From what I can remember, it seems that our games were always only a max of a five point difference, for either side.
[quote=Army Chick]He's been around for a while... Xit Wounds used to be Bonfire, itwasluck (you've probably played with him in Rumble pit), Killer N, and Zyos.

They got a bad 7th place finish at Dalas, so Zyos quit halo for good. Then Samurai came back to replace Zyos.

Oh, and remember Fossik? His team made it into the pro brackets at one point. : /
Army Chick, you remind me of a fat gym coach who never made it to the pros, so you keep up on all the stats and remember what "could have been.":p;)

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Stinger: He's been around for a while... Xit Wounds used to be Bonfire, itwasluck (you've probably played with him in Rumble pit), Killer N, and Zyos.

I dunno, last I remembered last season N and Tupac were out. I kinda stopped following once we didn't go to LA, last I saw was Str8 Rippin consisting of Zyos, T2, Fonzi, and Foulacy. And yeah, Itwasluck used to be my whipping boy. :)

Fossik's such a prick, I'm saddened to learn he's seeing success.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Skitzo Control: Army Chick, you remind me of a fat gym coach who never made it to the pros, so you keep up on all the stats and remember what "could have been.":p;)

**** you. I watch a lot of VoD. :p:

[QUOTE=s0ul]I dunno, last I remembered last season N and Tupac were out. I kinda stopped following once we didn't go to LA, last I saw was Str8 Rippin consisting of Zyos, T2, Fonzi, and Foulacy. And yeah, Itwasluck used to be my whipping boy.

Fossik's such a prick, I'm saddened to learn he's seeing success.
Tupac came back for the '06 season, and teamed with some really good "kinda-unknown" players. Since then they've been making the pro brackets.

Str8 Rippin is now Fonzi, T2, Foulacy, Defy.

EDIT: And for the record, Phil, we COULD HAVE gone pro.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Stinger:

EDIT: And for the record, Phil, we COULD HAVE gone pro.

Halo 3 get? :cool2:

Posted by cool gamer dad

Rumor has it that the Soul Calibur is back. Truth?

Posted by Alastor

If by rumor you mean me sending you a text, then yeah. :mad:

btw, ****it guys, play more often. I've went into matchmaking alone a few too many times. What happened to the good old days when me, Army Chick, Citizen Snips and Skitzo would go own it up in some hardcore Team Training action? :(

Posted by cool gamer dad

1. Skitzo stopped playing (our only host)
2. Ian stopped using his modem
3. Ian quit
4. You have some fugly connection
5. I rule

Yeah, you've gotten pretty good, so if everyone was to be on again, we can play the mad TEAM HRDxCR. But nothing compares to waaaaaay back when I sucked, Skitzo was insane, and Ian didn't play with us because he was in Rumble Pit. And Flounder Juan was just... there!

But srsly soul, play when the SUN is out for once.

Posted by Alastor

I suck at Hardcore, fyi. I've gotten better, but I'm no hacker like you. :mad:

Posted by cool gamer dad

He has the strangest sleeping pattern. :(

Who plays halo at 5:30 AM?

Posted by Alastor

Hey, I'm getting my normal pattern back. :cool:

Got like 4 hours of sleep last night, so I'll be going to bed eventually and getting up early tomorrow.

Quoted post: Who plays halo at 5:30 AM?

Me :cookie:

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Vampiro: Me :cookie:

Let's hook up sometime :-*

Sounds good, bby.

Posted by s0ul

Tried playing again, wondered how the hell I could play that so much back in the day. lol ce 4 lyfe

Posted by cool gamer dad

You just need some good FFA customs.

Posted by Alastor

Too bad nearly every one is identical.

Posted by cool gamer dad

How many actual 8-man FFAs, BR start, radar-on, ON MIDSHIP, have you played. : /

Posted by Alastor

Far too many.

Or not enough, since all of your friends are jerks who close rooms. :(
While I'm thinking about it, are you friends with some kid named I Bxr Rambo I or something like that?

Posted by cool gamer dad

Never heard of him.

And I'll tell my mean friends that I have a friend that wants to play so they don't close it up on you! :)

EDIT: And about all FFA games being the same: nooooo waaaaay son. :o If anything, they're random.

Posted by Alastor

Yeah well, I Bxr Rambo I is noob. If you see him, call him a noob. Then own him with your legit 38. :cookie:

Story time!

I joined a friend of mine that I'd just met in a custom game, and they were playing some bastardized version of Zombies called Survivor. All it is is Zombies with a different name and it's always played on ****ing huge maps instead of Foundation or somewhere like that. Everyone gathers in an open yet easy to defend place, like the beach near rocket spawn on Relic. The lone zombie guy was jumping from wall to wall over the rocket spawn, and the I bxr rambo I kid tries to snipe him and wastes a full clip. I had a BR, and took him down in one shot. Then he explodes, telling me I wasted ammo. I ask him how I wasted ammo when I'm not the one who missed an entire ****ing sniper clip, and he boots me. I've seen him like once since, and he didn't say anything. I think I won. *oscar*

Posted by cool gamer dad

lol

I tend to not play with kids that take zombies seriously.

EDIT: or kids with BXR in their gamertag. :(

Posted by Alastor

Oh, you should try it. I learned that by firing the BR in zombies, I'm actually wasting 2 shells since it only takes one to kill! :o

Posted by cool gamer dad

RY.

Posted by WackoHater2

I was playing Halo for like an hour. Its highly overrated in my opinion. I was either bored or lost almost the whole time. Then I started riding this jeep thing.. and the controls for it sucked.

Posted by Alastor

Yeah, games that you don't know how to play are horrible.

Warthog controls take like two minutes to get used to.

Posted by WackoHater2

I'm not saying the game sucked. I'll be back in front of my Xbox tomorrow playing again. But the game was given the Game of the Year award. I just think its over rated. It doesnt live up to the hype. I'm sure I'll get used to it and get better. That first level was confusing me. Everything looked the same. I kept getting lost.

Posted by Alastor

That kinda makes me feel bad since I could probably go through the Halo 2 campaign blindfolded. :(

But yes, Halo: CE's first level does look similar almost everywhere. It gets better, though. Judging a game when you haven't even beaten the first level is pretty shallow. Try completing it on Easy if you have to. There's a lot of fun to be had.

Posted by WackoHater2

I'm playing through on easy right at the moment. I might not really play tomorrow. Its 2:10 AM right now.. so I'll probably wake up at like 12:00 PM tomorrow. My girlfriend is coming over at like 3.. and then my hands will be far too busy for an Xbox controller;). I might play for a while before she comes over though. I am probably gonna go to bed in a minute, so if I dont post here anymore, thats where I am.

Posted by Alastor

Dude, play in front of her. Nothing gets a woman all hot like pumping thirty hot rounds of ownage into an alien's eye socket. Nothing.

Posted by WackoHater2

Lmfao. I'll give it a try.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Be sure to wear red, too. Wear a red polo shirt, black pants, and play Halo. It gets me laid like no other.:cool:

...I'm so happy that isn't a joke.

Posted by WackoHater2

Lmao. Coinsidentally, I am wearing a red shirt. I dont have any Polos though. I dont like them. And as for the pants, blue Dickies shorts.. but I can always change. Lol.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I was just sitting around in a red polo, wearing a pair of black slacks, and playing Halo 2 Campaign (I feel bad for that last part, though), and I got jumped by seventy-three horny, virgin, adventurous Catholic schoolgirls. Some of them barely spoke english. It was awesome.

Posted by WackoHater2

Lmfao. I tried playing Halo. She got bored and went outside. Sucks. But hey, I tried.

Posted by Skitzo Control

You must suck, then. I'm a Halo Pro, and all it takes for me is a double-melee, 3-shot, and a couple of Gandhi Hops to get the hotties in the sack.q

Posted by cool gamer dad

Gandhi hops?

Posted by WackoHater2

I just started playing. I am really no good. I have died 3 times now, on the easiest settings. Is that bad?

Posted by s0ul

Defy hops.

Wait, ****, s0ul hops.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I´d have put "Skitzo Hop," but since it was originally called the Ghandi Hop in that MLG interview, I just figured I´d call it that.

You know what rules about Halo 1? Nobody´s good at it, here. I´ve found some good Halo 2 players (not better than me, but I actually lose some games when I play with them, thanks to a few anchors), but not a single player can keep up in H1. It´s sad.:-(

Posted by cool gamer dad

Army Chick hop. It's settled.

Posted by s0ul

Deal. But I founded StK.

Posted by Gamerboy

i think that in halo 2 in colagation u should get the sniper rifle at a base doesn't matter which one and the brute shot it is a awesome close up weapon and if your not close shove some grenades in the enemy or the rocket launcher in the middle if your enemy is a banshee freak. But if your enemy gets in a tank get the rocket launcher and run for the mountain and get to the top u can get a good lookover of the battle field,get some grenade and there is some ammo between the rocks close to the entrance then get to the base they start of ( if u have a sniper rifle get ammo) And wait for him to respawn the kill him.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Gamerboy: i think that in halo 2 in colagation u should get the sniper rifle at a base doesn't matter which one

Have you tried, you know, looking on top of the base?

Posted by Preeminence

heres my input on this....HALO SUCKS ***

Posted by Skitzo Control

I went to a PC LAN Tournament and rocked the Halo PC like no other. I didn't die a single time in the 1v1 games (Wizard, 4 rounds, single elimination.), and the 4v4 Tourney (Three rounds of Swiss, CTF BG) I just grabbed three guys from the 1v1 and nobody ever got a single cap on us. It was way easy. Easiest $50 I ever made.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Think about it Phil: The sooner you spend money to get DSL, the sooner you start making money.

We'll go pro. Watch.

Posted by Skitzo Control

The chance of us going pro because we play a lot on Live is about as good as us getting laid because we play a lot on Live.:)

Posted by cool gamer dad

Fair enough, but the chicks dig XBC.

Right?

Give me a status report: Gaming with the locals. Have you found any good players?

Posted by Skitzo Control

Are you kidding me? The local GameStop spawns nothing but idiots that actually say "p-own!" I haven't even played people that can keep me from reaching a Riot in 1v1 in H1 and H2. The only people I have hope for are these guys that LAN once-a-week on Sunday. I got them to start LANing recently, after one of their friends said, "My brother and I will p-own you and your friend 2v2," to which I responded, "****, I'll take both you on, 2v1, with a Handicap." After I beat them 25-3, they decided they wanted to beat me, and won't stop LANing until they do.

Posted by t3h new rabbit

did anyone watch MLG on usa??

Posted by Opeth (clone)

Quoting Alastor: Is it just me, or are there alot of idiots who go into Team Slayer and repeatedly suicide themselves in order to down-rank because they suck and can't fight people at their own rank?

'cause I ran into like five of those guys today. :(

ya people do the to de-rank or de-level them selvels because 1)they suck or 2)they want a lower level for some gay reason

People de-level so they'll play more games with lower ranked kids, thus slaughtering them. I don't get it though.

Posted by cool gamer dad

A lot of people do it just because they just "don't care about matchmaking" or because "matchmaking is gay", or "because I don't care about my level". Which in truth they do care, otherwise they wouldn't bother doing it.

It's "cool" to have a low level, "because all of the proz have low levels because they only play customz I want to look like a pro!". But then all of the proz started playing matchmaking, so everyone was like "yeah i need to get up my lvlz", but then everyone got over the whole level thing until the stat reset.

lol

I don't delevel, because if I ever felt like rapin' up the little halo kiddies I'd just play with Flounder Juan. That, or I'd use a 2-month.

Posted by Slade

I don't de-level because it's boring. If I ever want to play complete noobs I could pretty much just play any of my friends.

So, I remembered not liking Halo, and then I tried it again with the fag above me, and it turns out a I still don't like Halo. ****ing overshield system ****es me off after two minutes.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire]So, I remembered not liking Halo, and then I tried it again with the fag above me, and it turns out a I still don't like Halo. ****ing overshield system ****es me off after two minutes.A part of the game upsets you, so turn it off. There's an option to disable the Overshield and Camo from spawning on the map. It's that simple, but be warned: once the game loses the power-ups, it becomes extremely dull.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Having Overshield, Sword, and Rockets is pretty fun.

Quoted post: A part of the game upsets you, so turn it off. There's an option to disable the Overshield and Camo from spawning on the map. It's that simple, but be warned: once the game loses the power-ups, it becomes extremely dull.

Nah, I just don't like multiplayer in general. overshield is one of the reasons.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Stinger]Having Overshield, Sword, and Rockets is pretty fun.But taking off OS, Sword, Rockets, and Camo (not really a power-up, but hey, the game says it is) makes the game rather boring. That extra dimension adds a lot to the game.

Posted by cool gamer dad

I was defending power weapons. :)

Posted by Skitzo Control

I was elaborating.

Posted by cool gamer dad

hey woah no need to get all uptight phil calm down man!

Posted by Slade

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: So, I remembered not liking Halo, and then I tried it again with the fag above me, and it turns out a I still don't like Halo. ****ing overshield system ****es me off after two minutes.

Yeah, we didn't even do the Salmon Wars.

It was weird, though, a couple games after you left I joined up with some pretty kickass people(and some friends got online), and it was really fun.

I'll let you know next time I've got some fun stuff going on already instead of trying to start something fun right off the bat with no plans. I don't really expect you to join up at that point, but if you didn't I'd be all </3. But hey, I might be getting a 360 come Christmas/Birthday, so yeah.

ps- everyone stop yelling

Quoted post: I'll let you know next time I've got some fun stuff going on already instead of trying to start something fun right off the bat with no plans. I don't really expect you to join up at that point, but if you didn't I'd be all </3. But hey, I might be getting a 360 come Christmas/Birthday, so yeah.

ps- everyone stop yelling

I'll try and, idk, not suck and maybe learn the maps before then. The latter will probably solve the former.

Posted by Slade

Dude, sucking is no object. Seriously, I could lose by like 200 points and it's all good, as long as nobody was being mopey about it. Well, it is pretty funny when one guy is mopey and everyone else makes fun of him until he cries, but that's another story. Just get on whenever, if you want to learn the maps.
TRIAL BY FIRE

Posted by cool gamer dad

hey let's play some h2 big boy

Posted by Skitzo Control

You're only gay when you play H2. Once you play H1 again, your sodomy clears right up.

Posted by jkb

when is halo 3 coming out

Q4 2007 most likely. Or an entire year from now.

Posted by omfgboozer

Quoting Stinger: Having Overshield, Sword, and Rockets is pretty fun.

its only fun when u have em' not when the team is hording em'

Posted by omfgboozer

Quoting jkb: when is halo 3 coming out

April 2007

Quoted post: April 2007

The ****ing beta doesn't come out until spring. Stop talking out of your ***.

Posted by Sean Fury

I have a question.

Is there anyone good online that doesn't exploit map lines, super jumps, and the various other Halo glitches? Because I'm the best out of my entire group of friends and their family members (I don't even have an Xbox anymore) and I constantly try and find good people to play against online with my friend Lon's cousin's account. But no matter what I do, I see people shooting across the map at super speeds and sniping out of rockwall and it gets extremely aggravating.

Posted by s0ul

Skitzo, Stinger, and I would own you.

Just a heads up.

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting s0ul: Skitzo, Stinger, and I would own you.

Just a heads up.

Than we'll have to play sometime. I like playing people better than myself, it provides more experience than just blowing off newbies.

Posted by s0ul

Truth. I got good by getting my *** kicked by Skitzo all the time back in the day.

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting s0ul: Truth. I got good by getting my *** kicked by Skitzo all the time back in the day.

Thank-you for clarifying that my theory isn't all bull****! =D

Posted by Skitzo Control

Actually, I'm going to have to put that theory to rest. I know it makes sense, and so forth, but I'm afraid it isn't entirely true. The best way to play isn't with people better than you, but against people the same skill as you with some form of handicap (IE XBC off-host). I didn't own an Xbox when I first played, and I was the worst player among my friends Dragon, Inchy, and Sauce. Once I got one, I immediately downloaded XBC, borrowed a friend's hub, and played a lot of off-host games. Mind you, this was during the H1 days, so there were hundreds of games going on at any point of time. In less than a week, I had become the best of the four of us playing, better than Sauce, who had been playing with Rippon, Nakamura, Nataku, and the gang as often as I had been playing XBC.

Also, so you all know, Ogres became so great through XBC, too. Even if they played people better than them, it was the handicap of off-host and lag that got them the wins.

Posted by s0ul

I dunno, playing someone you're dead even with did the most for me. I'd still be bad if I hadn't played Kenn so much. Having a handicap that makes you two fairly even works nicely too, used to do that with MalaysianMafia when we were hittin' up that 2v2 tourney ****.

And Phil, it's hard to imagine inchy and sauce being better than you. :p

Posted by Skitzo Control

I wish I could get a tourney going on in this town... I'm thinking of printing out some flyers and passing 'em out around, stapling them to light posts, and the like, to try to scare up some decent players. I don't even have an Xbox right now (never leave your Xbox with other people without a vehicle), but I really want to play.

Posted by Alastor

Is "limiting" yourself to BR and starting the other person with rockets in a Lockout 1v1 an acceptable handicap? Because my cousin is terrible.

Posted by cool gamer dad

I got better for no reason at all. I played nothing but rumble pit with other horrible players then BAM.

[quote=Skitzo Control]I wish I could get a tourney going on in this town... I'm thinking of printing out some flyers and passing 'em out around, stapling them to light posts, and the like, to try to scare up some decent players. I don't even have an Xbox right now (never leave your Xbox with other people without a vehicle), but I really want to play.
I'd attend. For sure. And inchy isn't that bad.

[quote=Alastor]Is "limiting" yourself to BR and starting the other person with rockets in a Lockout 1v1 an acceptable handicap? Because my cousin is terrible.
I could beat any halo 2 pro if they started with rockets on lockout.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Stinger]I'd attend. For sure. And inchy isn't that bad.Yeah, you'll come up to Red Bluff for a little pathetic LAN/tourney? Bull****. P.S. No, Inchy isn't bad, but there was a time where I was worse than him... by a lot.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Skitzo Control: Yeah, you'll come up to Red Bluff for a little pathetic LAN/tourney? Bull****. P.S. No, Inchy isn't bad, but there was a time where I was worse than him... by a lot.

I'm not too far from you.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Despite not being far from me, I do doubt you'd actually come to Red Bluff for a LAN. Well, you might, as long as it was a LAN with me.:-*

Posted by Skitzo Control

Fox, I sure hope that you one day prove to the your twelve in-bred brothers and sister that you are, in fact, the most intelligent of the crew.
---
I got my Xbox back after it being in the hand sof a friend for two months, so I'm (very un)happy to say I'll be rockin' the single player of both games, on occasion.

Posted by Skitzo Control

OMG OMG OMG DOUBLE POST!

Just reading up on MLG. Team Carbon (Ghandi, Shockwave, Karma, Ghostayame) beat Final Boss (Ogre 1, Ogre 2, Sayain, Walshy) at Vegas, making Carbon the number on team in '07. Final Boss dropped Sayain for StrongSide, who was dropped from Ghandi's team back in the Legendz days.

Posted by s0ul

Ha, there's always been talk of them dropping Saiyan. That makes me sad. It was so inspiring to see he was clearly the worst player but they kept him around anyway. Tragic.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Perhaps it is time to follow suit and boot Flounder Juan.

Posted by s0ul

**** that.

Maybe next year.

Posted by Meftah

Lol only played online for Xboxzzzzz like 2 times, well i guess if u take my skills it kinda looks like this.

How I play:

1 vs 1: 55% chance of winning
Multiplayer with a good team: 97% chance of winning
Multiplayer with a bad team: 48% chance of winning
Mods/glitches/hacks: 0% chance of winning ( i h8 em )

so far my best motivation was that my team got into a conlict cuz some1 bsed someone else on accident and omg it started a big line of bsing well i was trying to get the **** team back in order we were getting killed by Hog going around and around our base plus we were killing eachother (well not me) so i jumped off rocketed the **** out of that hog and whiped out pistol (It was Halo not 2) and basicly killed 5 guys by myself -.- ****ed me off but they got the **** point. the only way of winning is to work together and travle in groups. we ended up tying that game 1 to 1 (it was CTF) soooo mabeyz i am good :O :P

Posted by s0ul

I have absolutely no idea what you just said.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Meftah]well i guess if u take my skills it kinda looks like this.Will said skills pay the bills?
[quote=Meftah]How I play:

1 vs 1: 55% chance of winning
Multiplayer with a good team: 97% chance of winning
Multiplayer with a bad team: 48% chance of winning
I guess said skills will not pay the bills.:(

Using your rather stupid percentages, if you only have a 55% chance of winning in Halo, that means you are about an average player, and, considering that the average player is really, really bad, I'd say you're a fairly lousy player. If you're playing with a good team, then you must be the anchor, if your ability to win rockets up so far. Second, playing with a bad team, I notice your chance of winning doesn't go down much from your 1v1 chances, thus more entailing me that you're not much better than those other bad players.
[quote=Meftah]so far my best motivation was that my team got into a conlict cuz some1 bsed someone else on accident and omg it started a big line of bsing well i was trying to get the **** team back in order we were getting killed by Hog going around and around our base plus we were killing eachother (well not me) so i jumped off rocketed the **** out of that hog and whiped out pistol (It was Halo not 2) and basicly killed 5 guys by myself -.- ****ed me off but they got the **** point. the only way of winning is to work together and travle in groups. we ended up tying that game 1 to 1 (it was CTF) soooo mabeyz i am good :O :P
If your team falls apart because of a simple act of betrayal, your team is not at all unified. It happens every-now-and-then, good players do well to remember that. I am fairly certain you're a liar about this situation, simply because I'm certain you were playing Blood Gulch, and in order for you to have the Rocket Launcher, you would have had to spawn in a safe area where the Warthog boys couldn't kill you, travel (either through the portal or on foot, the former being the more likely) to the center of the map to get the Rocket Launcher, walked back to your base (and you couldn't have seen the aforementioned Warthog still circling your base, or you would have shot at it BEFORE you even got on top of your base) made it safely to the top of your base, then proceeded to jump off and kill those silly noobs. You killed 7 people total, which means you were playing an 8 v 8 CTF BG game (every time that phrase is spoken, God sodomizes a kiteen), which is where you went wrong, in the first place. Your opponents must have been really, really bad, too, because on the off-chance that you killed those last 5 with your pistol, you would have had to reload at least once (on the even more unlikelihood that you killed each one of them with three shots, each). If five guys with just their dicks in their hands couldn't kill you in that amount of time, there's something wrong. In Halo 1, the only way to win is to be a better player, period. End of story. Staying in groups in H1 was a dumb idea, especially considering the massive splash damage from all explosions, how quickly a Shotgun can decimate a player, how easily the Sniper rifle rips through players (double-penetration rules), and the amazing power of a quick-three shot from the pistol.

Now, if I am interpreting what you said incorrectly when I said you killed seven people, when you actually killed five, my statement still stands quite true. If you somehow out-pistoled three guys after rocketing a Warthog and then switching to said pistol, you were playing with really, really bad people. If you fired at and killed each of those opponents in three shots each, you would have just fired 9 shots. In that same amount of time (disregarding the time it took you to switch to your pistol), those players could have fired a minimum of 2-5-8 shots from a pistol, (or 5-8-11, approximately, including the time it takes for you to switch weapons) respectively. That's 15 total shots coming at you (24 with switch-weapon time), and you mean to tell me that not even 1/3 of those shots (the maximum amount it would take to kill you) hit you? And if those guys weren't carrying pistols, what the hell were they carrying? If they had anything OTHER than a pistol in the given situation, my assumption that they wouldn't know their asshole from a hole in the ground when it comes to Halo seems to be the more and more obvious. Either that, or you're a liar.

Posted by cool gamer dad

You spawn with a plasma pistol under default slayer settings.

Posted by Skitzo Control

No, you don't, you spawn with a Plasma Pistol on Blood Gulch under Custom-Generic settings, not Normal-Generic. Normal-Generic is a set weapon spawn for all maps, Custom-Generic is a set weapon spawn for certain maps. Only one map that I can recall (Hang 'em High) doesn't spawn you with a Plasma Pistol.

Posted by cool gamer dad

well OK mr. smarty-pants!

Posted by Shade

I suck some serious cock in this game.

Posted by Skitzo Control

As long as you enjoy what you're doing, it's not work!

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Shade32: I suck some serious cock in this game.

Yeah, you do. You totally do.

Posted by 1adam1

hello go to my name is adam i have a site called urbangfx. c o m and please could you join to play 100,s of free online games and music downloads, also chatabout games and music

remember when joing 'adam' referd you to the site =]

Posted by estabryan

Dude, I heard a rumor that Halo 2 is gay, I don't know I'm just some guy, but yeah I heard it's gay, is it gay? Like. . . . .GAY?

Posted by Skitzo Control

"Gay," as in a bunch of guys having anal and oral sex with each other "gay? " No.

"Gay," as in not really all that much fun "gay?" Yes.

Posted by Skitzo Control

A place just opened up at the end of December where I may be able to arrange some LANs. The only problem is, I'll have to get all the equipment, somehow...

Posted by s0ul

SO HERE'S WHAT I'M THINKING

When Halo 3 comes out, will SPF50 rise again?

Posted by Skitzo Control

In my mind, SPF 50 has already reformed, as a band on Guitar Hero!

And we will only play the following songs:
Thunderkiss '65, Smoke on the Water, Sharp-Dressed Man, Bark at the Moon, Message in a Bottle, Carry on My Wayward Son, Sweet Child o' Mine, Crazy on You, and Free Bird.

And if we happen to play the much more sexy 360 version, we rock out Rock and Roll Hoockie Koo like no other.

And, man, do we rock!

Posted by cool gamer dad

Did I ever mention I beat Flounder Juan 1v1 with oven-mits on?

Posted by Skitzo Control

I once beat Inchy in a 1v1, one-handed. It was funny as hell, too.

Posted by s0ul

THIS ONE TIME, Kenn was standing on some ledge at Lockout and said "I'm gonna try to no-scope you with my eyes closed" and he jumped off the ledge and got it first try. I was proud of him.

Posted by cool gamer dad

WHICH OF THREE STORIES IS BS?

Posted by Skitzo Control

Considering we all know each other, I'd say all three are BS.:p:

Posted by Flounder

Quoting Stinger: Did I ever mention I beat Flounder Juan 1v1 with oven-mits on?

that one is bs.... but for the record i killed someone wearing boxing gloves. full size everlast, one glove on each hand :)

Posted by Skitzo Control

...Why would you kill somebody in a game of Halo when you have boxing gloves on? You could just knock 'em out and do stuff to their body. That's what I'd do!

Posted by cool gamer dad

No no, Phil, he actually killed a man. I watched him.

Posted by Flounder

i need a 360 in time for halo 3. but i dont want to spend that much money. anyone want to make donations the "360 for Flounder" fund? and if i dont, then who would hold back and be the anchor for SPF 50?

Posted by cool gamer dad

You're just a jew about your money. Seriously, you have so much that you just don't spend you stingy jew.

But even if you don't have too much cash on you right now, Halo 3 isn't due for a very long time, so you can save up. Or if you do have the money for a 360, buy one now and play Vegas.

Posted by s0ul

Ken story was true. :mad:

Also, totally forgot to play Halo 2 for Halo 3 beta. WHOOPS

Just buy crackdown.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Ken had a disgusting sniper.

Not a penis joke.

Posted by s0ul

spoilers: crackdown isn't fun at all

Spoilers: crackdown actually is. i lieks jumping

Posted by cool gamer dad

So is Crackdown fun or not fun?

Download the demo and see for yourself. You really don't do much more than jump around a huge environment killing folks. Apparently all missions are just about killing people to gain abilities and that's about it. BUT, how you do it is pretty **** fun. Plus, just jumping around the city and collection **** is pretty cool.

Oh, and co-op is full of lols.