the LOST thread

Posted by Fenris wolf

anyone else watch it? the season fanally is wed. :eek: :-D ... if you watch it wanna share any theories?

o and if you look at the top of the looking glass their is no watch face on the rabbit a technical error or forshadowing of something

Posted by veritas

Lost is the worst show of all time period. The storyline is gay and has no chance of being real. I wouldnt be suprised if they find a dinosaur egg washed up on the beach. Seriously, 3 more seasons wtf.

Posted by nich

That was the greatest episode of anything I have ever seen. Sniper sir, you are quite wrong.

Posted by Fenris wolf

sniper have you ever watched it? the episode last night was amazing what did you think of it>?

Posted by Gollum

The episode last night was amazing. Best episode of Lost to date.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting The Sniper: Lost is the worst show of all time period. The storyline is gay and has no chance of being real. I wouldnt be suprised if they find a dinosaur egg washed up on the beach. Seriously, 3 more seasons wtf.

The storyline is not stupid.

BTW every single TV show has no chance of being real. So way to fail.

Right, about the series finale. So does that mean the next series will still be based on the island or not? Nice to have an emotional climax rather than a physical one but still would have liked a cliffhanger.

Im glad Charlie is dead. I hated him so much. Also one eyed russian guy is INVINCIBLE![/Boris]

Posted by Gollum

Quoting Bebop: So does that mean the next series will still be based on the island or not?

Well, if they were rescued, the story would end. It won't be.

I liked Charlie, but his death was well done. And I was so sad when I thought Jin and Sayid were dead.

Posted by veritas

No I didnt waste my time watching that gay show. Nothing on that show has a remote chance of being real. A frigging polar bear wtf? seriously, You either hate it or love it. I think its gay and everyone on that island needs to kill themselves.

Posted by Bebop

YEAH MAN ITS SO NOT REAL POLAR NEARS DONT EXIST LOLOL SO STPPID WHY MAKE THIGNS UP LIKE PLANE CRASHES AND POLAR BEARS WHAT THE HECK IS A POLAR BEAR ANYYEAYHG LOL SO GAY ;OLLLLLLLLLLLOOOL

Posted by Gollum

Anyways, enough about Sniper's pedophilia. Let's talk about the finale. Did anyone catch that Jack told the new surgeon that his father is way more drunk than he was, when this is supposed to be a flash-forward, and his father is dead? Also, Ben was clearly right about the danger of calling Naomi's ship. She was lying about knowing Penny. Looks like we're going to be introduced to a bunch of new enemies next season.

Speaking of that, we have to wait until February to see new episodes, and they're only doing 16 episodes per season for 3 seasons. Why not just do 24 episodes per season for 2 seasons instead of dragging it out? Ugh.

Anyways, all in all, I'm glad Lost is finally back in business, because most the beginning of the third season has been sub-par. They really picked it up for the last 6 or 7 episodes.

Posted by Bebop

Apparntly the time between the new seasons will be significently shorter. Presumably, if this is true, there will be fewer episodes a season for production and filming time reasons. I hope so anyway.

As for the Jack dad's thing it is suspect but I don't beleive he's alive. The writers of the show made if perefectly clear that even though everything on the show is far fetched it is all scientifically possible. So far that's been the case (except for monster and Jacob which need explaining) so I'm guessing it's to do with Jack being drunk or possibly referring to someone else.

As for Naomi I forogt about she said she was on Penny's ship. Now we know she is a no good filthy liar but my brain can't commute who the real bad guys are. It's been hard enough trying to accept the Others as "good guys". Argghh!

Posted by nich

That's just the thing with lost, you never really know what the character's true intentions are. Everytime someone says something I have to wonder if they're lying or not. This has led me not to speculate too much and just let the show explain itself, its easier that way.

As for the polar bears, didnt they come from the DHARMA zoo?

Posted by Bebop

When was there a Dharma zoo? Did they find it of was it refrenced?

Posted by Gollum

In the beginning of the third season, when Sawyer and Kate were kept in the cages at the Others' camp, one of the Others says that polar bears were kept in those cages.

Posted by Burn

This is very perverse but I have YET to watch the 2 hour finale, and have successfully managed to avoid almost ALL spoilers for this show. I'm saving for the week I take off work in 3 weeks, and I catch-up on whole rack of shows.

Two quick Lost related questions: Just read about how LOST is heralded as one of the great Sci Fi shows of all time. Is the "Sci Fi" label accurate?

Also- what shows are people watching to whet your (LOST) appetites over the summer? I finished Season 1 of "Eureka" on Sci Fi Channel and Season 2 starts next Tuesday. I'm really psyched. Has anyone else seen this show or going to watch the Season 2 premiere? :p:

Posted by ElroyJetson

Hey man Eureka is really good....I'm definitely looking forward to the premiere on the 10th. Other people should check it out. I'm not normally into too much Sci-Fi, but it's really good.

Posted by Klarth

okay so basically here's what I think

In the flashforward of the season finale, the wake Jack attends is for a character that hasn't been introduced yet. The clipping which informs him of this says that the person's first name begins with J, and ends in -ntham.

This made me think of Jeremy Bentham. He was a social philosopher. He's best known for designing the Panopticon - a conceptual prison in which all the inmates can be simultaneously observed from a point within.

The Panopticon, obviously, is the island. Jeremy Bentham will be a character in an upcoming season.

As for the flashforward itself... Christian Shephard is somehow still alive, and Kate doesn't seem to be on the run. The only explanation I can think of is that they're in an alternate universe.

Posted by Gollum

About Jack's dad... the doctor in the hospital never responded to Jack saying that his father was drunk upstairs, and he actively told the woman at the counter for the drug store not to call. Maybe Jack's father really is dead. Although I'm not sure why Jack would believe he's alive.

I don't think they're in an alternate universe. Maybe the authorities figured being stranded on a desert island for months was punishment enough for Kate? :p:

Posted by Klarth

dude stfu lost is gay i mean polar bears????? bull**** man

Posted by Bebop

Quoting netman: As for the flashforward itself... Christian Shephard is somehow still alive, and Kate doesn't seem to be on the run. The only explanation I can think of is that they're in an alternate universe.

Another explanation is that Kate served her time or got off in court, and that Jack is just plain mental.

Posted by Klarth

[url=http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/The_Orchid]NEW DHARMA STATION REVEALED[/url] at Comic-Con.

Posted by Klarth

http://darkufo.blogspot.com/2007/07/lost-orientation-film-station-six.html

Orientation video

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Bump to comment on our impressions of season 4 so far. More specifically the last few episodes. Even more specifically, the Desmond centric episode which not only delivered a great hour of drama but also confirmed the popular theory of time-travel (at least an aspect of it).

Anyways, the Season 3 finale had everything right going for it. Everything from the losties and the others' clash coming to a conclusion, Jack beating Ben to a pulp, Charlie sacrificing himself, Hurley saving the day, and of course "WE HAVE TO GO BACK KATE!!" made for an incredible ending to the season. An ending so good in fact, that i worried about how they would follow that up in this season, or if they could even follow it up succesfully, but so far Season 4 has delivered, in almost every way possible.[/COLOR]

Posted by Shevanel

Season finale tomorrow.

Time travel confirmed for Orchid.