Favorite Children's books

Posted by Shrran

What were some of the books you read as soon as you learned to read? The ones that you still remember fondly, or wish you could by challenged by again? I remember reading the Ramona series, by Beverly Clearly, and to a lesser extent the babysitter's club. My favorite, I think, was the Giver in third grade. I loved that book. I wonder what seperates children's books from adults, especially in fantasy settings like that? The line seems thin.

Does anyone else have fond memories of their early years of reading?

Posted by CRAZY HANDS

im reading the giver in my seventh grade class.

Posted by brownoystercult

The Giver is a good book. Keep reading it. I used to always read the Berenstein Bears which was pretty cool and my mom always read it to me before I went to sleep. Those books were frikken' awesome.

Posted by Mixhael

Quoting CRAZY HANDS: im reading the giver in my seventh grade class.

Wow, that amazes me for some reason that you're reading that. I read The Giver in 8th grade so it still must be part of required reading or whatever.

My favorite children's books were probably part of the Goosebumps series. There was a huge influx of those books around me during my time in like 3rd grade or so. Goosebumps pogs were just as fun as the books too. Whatever happened to R.L. Stein???

Posted by Xenos

Howliday Inn, and Call of the Wild--I liked them both very much, Holiday Inn was for more childish and laughing reads, whereas CotW was more leaning towards the philosophical direction. They still remain on my favorite's list even though I am "Grown Up."

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Well, I can't remember the very first books I used to read. I used to read A LOT. But series that come to mind are Nancy Drew, R.L. Stine, novels by Beverly Clearly, Chronicles of Narnia, Animorphs when they first started coming out...I could list quite a few more.