HELPZ :(

Posted by G-Sides

so after acquiring the 360 this march, it was running perfect etc etc till about two weeks ago when it would randomly crash/freeze in games, not read certain discs for no reason, etc... i left it off for a long while to see if that'd fix anything but today! my friend thomas gives me his old router and xbox live account so i'm fucking pumped and hook that shit up and viola! 360 works! mad halo 2 ensues for a while because it was the only one i really wanted to play and I AM SAFE AND EVERYTHING WORKS AND I AM HAVING FUN!!!!1

until like 3 hours later and my xbox crashes. i reboot and what happens?
RED RING OF DEATH
:(
wryyyyyyyyyyy
k

which leads me to the actual question of the post:

how can i switch xbox live accounts from the 360 to the orig xbox.

Posted by G-Sides

oh and note, when i use the "recover account" method it asks for a credit card number etc and my account was free w/ the free month of gold membership = there is no credit card number.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

360 Live accounts aren't downgradable.

Tried the towel trick?

Posted by Random

Quoting G-Sides: so after acquiring the 360 this march, it was running perfect etc etc till about two weeks ago when it would randomly crash/freeze in games, not read certain discs for no reason, etc... i left it off for a long while to see if that'd fix anything but today! my friend thomas gives me his old router and xbox live account so i'm fucking pumped and hook that shit up and viola! 360 works! mad halo 2 ensues for a while because it was the only one i really wanted to play and I AM SAFE AND EVERYTHING WORKS AND I AM HAVING FUN!!!!1

until like 3 hours later and my xbox crashes. i reboot and what happens?
RED RING OF DEATH
:(
wryyyyyyyyyyy
k

which leads me to the actual question of the post:

how can i switch xbox live accounts from the 360 to the orig xbox.

If you bought the 360 in march, i'd quickly take it back to wherever you bought it and get a new one. And if you call 1-800-4my-Xbox they'd tell you everything you'd need to know about migrating back.

Posted by G-Sides

well so uh :s i went to take halo 2 out today and it turned on and worked perfectly for about 20 minutes before the screen started freezing again.

it's in my nature to try every possible solution (EVERY solution) before giving up, so after not wanting to register a whole new account on the first xbox since downgrading is not possible, iiiiii fucked around with my xbox and tried different things; taking out the harddrive and turning it on, variating between having it on its base and on its side, sitting it on shit, etc and nothing really helped the freezing problem. so finally i put it on the side opposite the one it's supposed to stand on (aka i put it so it was sitting on its harddrive) and it worked fukken perfectly: no freezing, no red rings of doom, nothing. mad fight night round 3 and halo ensued for hours and hours and i almost don't think i need to take it back.

so i guess to you guys; if you still have your original broken 360s, sit them on their harddrives and see if they work 8-)

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Protip: that's, most likely, only going to be a very temporary solution. Call MS, get a new one while it's still under warranty. The 3 red lights means the motherboard has warped enough that the CPU/GPU/etc have popped off. It's going to heat up again and warp even more or the pieces are going to get looser and looser.

Posted by s0ul

Yeah, my first one was like that. First time I turned it on it red ringed me, worked for like a week, red ringed me again, worked for another week, red ringed, worked for a month, red ringed and never came back, got it exchanged and **** and the new one worked for like 5 months then red ringed and then I got my third one and it works pretty well usually! What a happy ending. At least I got all the replacements totally free and got to keep the hard drive and stuff.

Man, MS really needs to get that 65nm processor **** out fast. That should fix a lot of their problems. They've already got new disc drives to cut back on the noise. HALF WAY THERE, MICROSOFT

Posted by ElroyJetson

Had my xbox since dec. 06, but no red rings yet (other than the day i had the drive on loose). Although I have been using that Nyko intercooler (got one for free from a friend), it's a little noisy, but it seems to cool it down a bit.

Posted by Cloud 9

My wife bought mine for last Christmas and it has yet to red ring me.....knock on wood

Posted by G-Sides

well while mine continues to work, i'm not going to worry about getting anything else... i'd go ahead and invest in a warranty because i don't think we bought one with the system but we're broke as **** (really broke; we're about to declare bankruptcy) so that's not really in the cards.

but in the meantime, add my gamertag! 8-)
it's "beeping"

Posted by clearlytheman

I bought mine last october with no issues. From my understanding it was really only the first batch that had hardcore issues.

Quoted post: but in the meantime, add my gamertag! 8-)
it's "beeping"

That wasn't taken? Huh...

Posted by G-Sides

i was surprised too
i get a lot of shit for it though :mad: "LOL DO YOU BEEP?" is no longer very funny

Posted by cool gamer dad

We're gonna play sonme Halo beast woman.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: That wasn't taken? Huh...

Speaking of that, I actually got "O07" as my tag thing on Halo 3 beta, couldn't believe that wasn't taken.

Quoted post: Speaking of that, I actually got "O07" as my tag thing on Halo 3 beta, couldn't believe that wasn't taken.

You do realised they're not reserved, right? Only the ones Bungie themselves block. Otherwise you can have a bunch of people with the same call sign.

Posted by Cloud 9

arent u the one that just asked if "beeping" was taken....smooth

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: You do realised they're not reserved, right? Only the ones Bungie themselves block. Otherwise you can have a bunch of people with the same call sign.

Ooohhhh, they block them? No wonder I couldn't be P00 or A55...

I just figured some comedic genius beat me to it. I guess that makes sense.

Quoted post: arent u the one that just asked if "beeping" was taken....smooth

... What? I think you're mixing up "gamertag" and "service tag." You can only have one gamertag. No one else can use it. A service tag is not unique, anyone can use Z61 if they care to. Moron.

Quoted post: Ooohhhh, they block them? No wonder I couldn't be P00 or A55...

Yeah, anything that's actually an "offensive" word in "leet" is blocked, like T17 and N19. So are the ones that are actually tied to main characters like Master Chief (I17 or anything resembling 117.)

Posted by s0ul

Bummer. I thought it seemed fishy that there's relatively few combinations of letter, number, number compared to number of Halo players. Just thought Bungie knew something I didn't. :(

Oh, and you can't have tags ending in two zeros apparently. Something to do with guests or something. Man, those Bungie faggots thought of everything to stop are fun.