About uploading music...

Posted by maian

So, I have a Sansa player, and before, to put music into it, I would just hook it up to the computer, and send the music to the exterior device. But, a month or two after I was doing that, the computer started recognizing it as the Sansa player, so it has its own little icon and everything. I can just as easily put music in it by just sending it to that, but there's a problem. When I open up the Sansa folder, it's a space where you can just drag the music and put it there. However, I can't seem to access all the music I put in there before. It's like, since it recognized it as the Sansa player, it just started anew. All my old music is still on the player, but I'm having trouble accessing it. As a result, that's half my music library, and a bunch of songs I want to replace that are taking up memorey. Suggestions?

Posted by avalanch

you could try partitioning the device with a hard drive on your computer & see if you can access it that way. Make it so the device is sharing 1 mb of space and your hard drive getting the rest of the space, goodluck.

Posted by Alastor

If I'm reading that right, plug in your player, and go to My Computer. Do all of this in Windows Explorer; don't use anything like Windows Media Player or a program that might've came with the player. Double click on your MP3 player in My Computer. Look around in there. Mine has a folder on it called MUSIC, and the music usually has to go in that folder for it to recognize, rather than just on the player itself. Subfolders can be a pain.

Edit: The path you should be exploring will be something like "E:/Sansa Player" or something of that nature.

Posted by maian

Well, yeah. I always used My Computer to get there. Just before, it was just an output device I was putting music on. Now, it actually recognizes it as Sansa. All the music before that happened I can't seem to access. >.>

Posted by Gollum

Tools>Folder Options>View>Show Hidden Files and Folders.