Starcraft 2

Posted by Complete

Just sayin
ARGH won't let me post urls. So:
Double uu's, starcraft2, dot com

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I should be excited, but I'm RTS-saturated, what with Dawn of War, Age of Empires III, Company of Heroes and Supreme Commander.

Obligatory zerg rush kekekeke

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Never really played the original, won't play this one. Though I'm sure a few gooks are excited.

Posted by ExoXile

That's just awesome.

It's too Warcraft 3 though, grapic-wise.
Would have wanted it to be more "serious" and less smooth.

Posted by Xero

YAY! At long last! I've been waiting for this game since 2002 when I started playing SC 1. It took a while, but it looks awesome. The graphics look so much better.

I'm definitely getting it.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Quoting ExoXile: That's just awesome.

It's too Warcraft 3 though, grapic-wise.
Would have wanted it to be more "serious" and less smooth.

I'm sure it will have the excessive ammounts of blood that the original Starcraft had.

Posted by Xero

Quoting GoldenMyr: I'm sure it will have the excessive ammounts of blood that the original Starcraft had.

Except the battle ground will be in 3D so you'll see blood going everywhere. SC 1 was in 2D. You could only see a spot of blood on your screen ;)

There's like a 30 minute demo up at various sites. I watched like, five minutes before I realised I didn't give a **** and had no idea what was going on. Lots of blood though.

Posted by Xero

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyW7LfKlyrI&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmmwi3lYCJg&mode=related&search=

Well this looks a lot like SC 1. I thought there would be more new buildings. I also thought that the old buildings would have new desings. The same goes for units. It only looks more realistic.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Xero;580241][URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyW7LfKlyrI&mode=related&search=[/URL]
[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmmwi3lYCJg&mode=related&search=[/URL]

Well this looks a lot like SC 1. I thought there would be more new buildings. I also thought that the old buildings would have new desings. The same goes for units. It only looks more realistic.

Neither of those are Starcraft 2 videos. Do you, uh, read the descriptions?

Posted by Xero

0_0

No I didn't. I searched for SC 2. I figured I would get videos of the game.

I guess those were from SC Ghost. I would've known if I played the game -_-

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Xero;580309]0_0

No I didn't. I searched for SC 2. I figured I would get videos of the game.

I guess those were from SC Ghost. I would've known if I played the game -_-

Starcraft Ghost never happened.

STRIKE TWO

Posted by GameMiestro

This announcement is infinitely awesome.

Christ, I think I'm just going to spend the next half hour watching all of those gameplay vids on IGN.

Posted by Xero

Quoting The X: Starcraft Ghost never happened.

STRIKE TWO

I just read the descriptions. Starkiller and Red system.

Sorry. That was dumb of me.

Posted by muffla

i dno i really want to look forward to this game, but i cant help thinking that the great balance of the original was just a fluke, and they wont be able to re create it.

How long have they had to work on this game? Anyways, that's what patches are for.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: How long have they had to work on this game?

They were talking about SC ghost in 2004. They probably didn't start working on it then. So my guess would be almost 3 years.

Nah, I bet they've been working on it since a year or so after the release date of the original.

Posted by Xero

8-9 years of work on a game?

That'd be the game they worked the most on ever since they started up 0_0

Posted by cool gamer dad

omg I'm so excited.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Though I'm sure a few gooks are excited.

Why do you think the announcement was made in Korea? It's like their ****ing national sport.

Quoting Xero: 8-9 years of work on a game?

They were working on "StarCraft: Ghost", which didn't survive very long, but all I got to say about them working on it for almost 10 years is it better be the best ****ing game ever

Posted by cool gamer dad

I am excited and everything, I just couldn't imagine myself playing with those graphics.

So ugly.

Posted by Xero

You don't like them? But they're 10 times better than the SC 1's!

Quoted post: Why do you think the announcement was made in Korea? It's like their ****ing national sport.

Yeah... I know. Hence the gook statement.

Quoted post: So ugly.

WoW is one of the worst looking recent games I've ever seen and look at all the people playing that. They can't make it super nice otherwise all them slanties won't be able to afford it.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Tiptoegecko: Why do you think the announcement was made in Korea? It's like their ****ing national sport.

QTF XD

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire:
WoW is one of the worst looking recent games.

True. The design of the game wasn't at all impressive.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: WoW is one of the worst looking recent games I've ever seen and look at all the people playing that. They can't make it super nice otherwise all them slanties won't be able to afford it.

Making it look nice doesn't necessarily mean it needs a faster computer. SC:BW looks better.

... In my opinion, though. Most would probably say that the SC2 graphics look better. Sad. :(

Posted by muffla

[IMG]http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comics/20070521.jpg[/IMG]

also i hope that they bring back the use map settings, some of those games were amazing

Posted by Xero

Quoting muffla: [IMG]http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comics/20070521.jpg[/IMG]

I lol'd at the "hard on" part :p:

Posted by cool gamer dad

The more I look at the graphics, the more I start to like them. Help me.\

Koreans don't play BGH btw

Posted by Momentum

Blizzard has always been a gameplay/balance first, graphics second company. Never dazzled anyone with polygon count (I'm pretty sure they spend more time on their cutscene and promo videos than making their games look purdy), but some of the best balanced games ever that are actually fun to play. SC2 will be amazing.

Later

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Wow, the Protoss Mothership looks really cheap. It ****ing pwned everything.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Yeah, but now you can toggle as many units as you want with the drag, which benefits zerg. They'll all have something beastly.

Oh man, I've been getting back into starcraft lately, anyone that wants to play, leave drop your account name.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Stinger: Yeah, but now you can toggle as many units as you want with the drag, which benefits zerg. They'll all have something beastly.

Oh man, I've been getting back into starcraft lately, anyone that wants to play, leave drop your account name.

I cannot play on B.net until I buy my new laptop this summer. Everytime I try to get online on my dad's PC, it lags and I can't stop it. It didn't make it on his previous PC though. :(

Zergs are good because you can have a lot of units with them. They don't have creatures that use up a lot of space (supplies). You can mass better with them, but you have to be quick too.

I wonder if there will be more than 200 supplies in SC 2. That's make B.net games even more intense.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Xero: Zergs are good because you can have a lot of units with them. They don't have creatures that use up a lot of space (supplies). You can mass better with them, but you have to be quick too.

Used to have to be quick. Well, once it actually comes out. It's gonna be more of a strategy game rather than a speed game; it's completely different, and it's going to be fun.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Stinger: Used to have to be quick. Well, once it actually comes out. It's gonna be more of a strategy game rather than a speed game; it's completely different, and it's going to be fun.

As players will get good, it'll turn into a speed game as well. I'm pretty syre about that.

Posted by cool gamer dad

The point at which higher playing speed becomes useless will be much lower in SC2 than that of Brood War. You see, the main reason that you had to play quickly in BW (hotkeys and such) was because you could only toggle 12 units at a time, and to a much lesser extent, because of unit production (macro).

And seriously, Shuttles that double as Pylons, units that climb up edges... The possibilities are endless. It's going to be much more a strategy game than a speed game, guaranteed. Unless there's something Blizzard isn't telling us, it's pretty much 100%.

Quoted post: The point at which higher playing speed becomes useless will be much lower in SC2 than that of Brood War. You see, the main reason that you had to play quickly in BW (hotkeys and such) was because you could only toggle 12 units at a time, and to a much lesser extent, because of unit production (macro).

Even I knew this and I don't even play the game.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Xero: 8-9 years of work on a game?

Actually WarCraft 3 was supposedly coming soon for years and years before they released that. It's listed in every single one of those papers that come inside the CD cases of the Blizzard games I own.

Anyway, I might get this, but I haven't bothered to look at the site yet, so I'm not sure.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

I think Starcraft 2 is going to be great, although there's not much to suggest how it will turn out. I like the new look. From the preview, it has Warcraft III graphics, while keeping Starcraft-style action.

Quoted post: It's listed in every single one of those papers that come inside the CD cases of the Blizzard games I own.

So was Starcraft Ghost.

Posted by Omni

I stopped buying games from them before they started marketing that one.

I've never bought a game made by them :cookie: it was some other game that had a slip that said "Starcraft Ghost on Next-Gen consoles" in it. Not sure why, but whatever.

Posted by maian

It's a shame, really. Starcraft Ghost looked awesome. :(

...I thought so, anyway...

Posted by Xero

It did look awesome, but when it was announced, I started playing WC III and I loved the game so it didn't matter to me anymore.

Posted by cool gamer dad

http://limitedgaming.com/files/18/PCGamer/sc01.jpg
http://limitedgaming.com/files/18/PCGamer/sc02.jpg
http://limitedgaming.com/files/18/PCGamer/sc03.jpg
http://limitedgaming.com/files/18/PCGamer/sc04.jpg
http://limitedgaming.com/files/18/PCGamer/sc05.jpg
http://limitedgaming.com/files/18/PCGamer/sc06.jpg
http://limitedgaming.com/files/18/PCGamer/sc07.jpg
http://limitedgaming.com/files/18/PCGamer/sc08.jpg
http://limitedgaming.com/files/18/PCGamer/sc09.jpg

Scans out of the August PC Gamer. Neat?

Posted by WillisGreeny

If they did nothing but improve the graphics, a million people would still buy it.

Posted by cool gamer dad

But this isn't the case, as we can see. I wouldn't be too upset if it was. Fancy graphics, more people play it.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Any chance that this new Starcraft will be as well balanced as the old? I just hope they didn't **** up the game balance which usually happens to RTS games when design teams change hands, or get bigger.

Posted by S

Quoting WillisGreeny: Any chance that this new Starcraft will be as well balanced as the old? I just hope they didn't **** up the game balance which usually happens to RTS games when design teams change hands, or get bigger.

Blizzard is known for their balance in Strategy games. Let's hope they keep it that way this time around.

Posted by Al Borland

Generally they're pretty good about balance in their games, and I have a feeling that's why they take so long to come out. I would've preferred Warcraft 4 to Starcraft 2, but I really can't complain. It's going to be awesome.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I perferr Starcraft for sure. Warcraft has gotten their two sequals allready, and Starcraft people have been waiting quietly...most of us that is.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Al Borland: Generally they're pretty good about balance in their games, and I have a feeling that's why they take so long to come out. I would've preferred Warcraft 4 to Starcraft 2, but I really can't complain. It's going to be awesome.

For the most part. There are some pretty one-sided matchups in Warcraft, and to a lesser extent in Starcraft (Z > P).

Posted by S

Quoting Stinger: For the most part. There are some pretty one-sided matchups in Warcraft, and to a lesser extent in Starcraft (Z > P).

Not really. Any bias in that game was so minimal its pathetic. It was a very well-rounded game and relied totally on the player, unit deficiency was simply not an issue.

Posted by cool gamer dad

I wish I had some actual statistics to back me up, but Undead has been noticeably the weakest in pro WCIII leagues, and Night Elf and Human almost always have the best showing. A lot of it has to do with the maps, which can be changed of course, so the units aren't the only problem. Anyway, I'll keep an eye out for a win-percentage kind of graph for all of the races.

Oh gees, someone's arguing Blizzard with Stinger? Not good.

Posted by S

Quoting Stinger: I wish I had some actual statistics to back me up, but Undead has been noticeably the weakest in pro WCIII leagues, and Night Elf and Human almost always have the best showing. A lot of it has to do with the maps, which can be changed of course, so the units aren't the only problem. Anyway, I'll keep an eye out for a win-percentage kind of graph for all of the races.

Actually, my fault for not clarifying. I meant Starcraft. I didn't touch WC3.

Posted by cool gamer dad

oh yeah, they're all pretty balanced, except PvZ. Pro PvZ plays out a little differently, but if you're not a pro Protoss, Zerg is going to be a problem. The reason being is that with Protoss, you have less room for screw-ups, because obviously you're going to have far less units than the Zerg player. Also, only a select few of the Protoss units are actually effective against a decent Zerg. Namely Reavers, Zealots, Corsairs, and High Templars/Archons... all of which are expensive, or require a relatively high level of skill to control against a ton of units.

http://sc.gosugamers.net/news/kespa_ranking_july__savior_still_on_top

July KeSPA rankings if you're interested.

Posted by Al Borland

Quoting cats: I wish I had some actual statistics to back me up, but Undead has been noticeably the weakest in pro WCIII leagues, and Night Elf and Human almost always have the best showing. A lot of it has to do with the maps, which can be changed of course, so the units aren't the only problem. Anyway, I'll keep an eye out for a win-percentage kind of graph for all of the races.

I'm not gonna argue with the lack of good UD users in pro leagues, but the other three races are used almost equally. Arguably the best player in the world, Grubby, uses Orc and beats just about everybody.

Posted by project101

I cant wait for Sc2 and i have no doubt that blizzard will balance it out just as well as the first and im sure as the finished product comes together the graphics will improve slightly. I cant wait how much the strategy componet effects the online play I mean I realize it wont be based totally on speed but will rushers still be able to use thier favorite stratigies and wipe the floor with unprepared noobs or will they have to reinvent their gamming techniques

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Appearantly the more kills one unit gets, the better that unit gets. Micro ftmfw, anyone?

Posted by cool gamer dad

That would be terrible. Let's turn Starcraft into a WCIII microfest!

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Yes, more strategy is a horrible thing!

Posted by Xero

Quoting cats: That would be terrible. Let's turn Starcraft into a WCIII microfest!

The thing I hated the most about Warcraft III is that you depend on your heroes too much. I could complete the whol 1 player campaign using my heroes only. It ruins the "war" purpose of the game if you don't have to use an army. The same happens a lot of battle.net. While playing games of 2 VS 2, some would simply send a few units, but the hero would do the main damages and then run away.

In Starcraft, we had heroes, but we couldn't bring them back. So we had to use them intelligently. Their spells were a little more limited and not so useful. Aside that Psionic Storm and the Yamato gun for Raynor, the rest was pretty useless. No healing spells. So most people wouldn't use their heroes such a Kerrigan as much because you had to focus on your attack but keeping an eye on a hero at the same time was hard. So I kept my hero for base defence.

All this to say that Stracraft II should not have heroes that become very strong. They should keep it the same way as in SC I.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

They won't have heroes in Starcraft. Starcraft is all about balance, and having different heroes can really throw off the balance of a game (see WCIII).

Also, heroes weren't in SC multiplayer?

Posted by Xero

Quoting MottaTheHutt:

Also, heroes weren't in SC multiplayer?

As far as I know, I played Starcraft 1 and Brood war and both had heroes, but like I said, they weren't powerful enough to destroy bases by themselves. Except maybe for the only mission where you have Edmond Duke in a BattleCruiser (SC I, Terran campaign, Mission 8).

But I'm not quite sure which game you're talking about in SC Multiplayer. If you're talking about B.net, then you probably mean some Use Map Settings games and everything's "fake" in those.

Posted by project101

I really hope that sc2 doesnt have heros because it really wold throw off the balance part of the multiplayer and in sc1 campaign the heros were really weak and more in teh way then anything i dorta hated having to constantly make sure they werent dead or being attacked because they had no healing abilities

p.s. I was really dissapointed the star craft ghost was cancelled I was looking forward to that game and couldnt wait to get and upclose look at some of my favorite units

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Quoting Sucre: As far as I know, I played Starcraft 1 and Brood war and both had heroes, but like I said, they weren't powerful enough to destroy bases by themselves. Except maybe for the only mission where you have Edmond Duke in a BattleCruiser (SC I, Terran campaign, Mission 8).

But I'm not quite sure which game you're talking about in SC Multiplayer. If you're talking about B.net, then you probably mean some Use Map Settings games and everything's "fake" in those.

I'm talking about ladder matches. You know, real Starcraft.

Posted by Xero

The ladder matches? Well on battle.net, there aren't any heroes in ladder games as far as I know.

So you must be talking about the campaigns. So what I said in my previous post stands.

Or did I missunderstand you?

Posted by MottaTheHutt

I wasn't actually asking a question. I know there aren't heroes. Arg, nevermind.

Posted by Xero

Where there was a question mark at the end of your post. Sorry!

Posted by MottaTheHutt

This was just a huge misunderstanding, cause by bad grammar. **** YOU ENGRISH.

I honestly don't care how the heroes turn out in the campaign. I'm buying this game for the multiplayer anyway.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting MottaTheHutt: Yes, more strategy is a horrible thing!

micro /= Strategy

micro = speed and clicking skill

granted, it's an important aspect of the game. Starcraft has plenty of micro. But in addition it was an extremely macro intensive game, and on top of that you had to think about strategy. That is, what build orders will work best against your opponent's. When will it be safe to go for the expansion? etc.

I'm just worried it's going to turn into a game where micro is more important than macro, because that's just not Starcraft. Starcraft is intense multitasking between both unit control and production, with production and expansion being more important. Whereas if you have excellent micro in WCIII, you certainly have room to slack on the unit production.

Posted by Xero

Quoting cats:
I'm just worried it's going to turn into a game where micro is more important than macro, because that's just not Starcraft. Starcraft is intense multitasking between both unit control and production, with production and expansion being more important. Whereas if you have excellent micro in WCIII, you certainly have room to slack on the unit production.

Agreed. Starcraft requires more attention than in WC. In WC, units have a lot of HP and don't die so quickly. Doing micro stuff in WC III works better than in SC. In SC, units die faster and so you have to act faster. Plus you can make better massive attacks and you need more unit producing buildings in order to keep up. It's much more demanding than WC. I hope it remains this way.

Posted by David M. Awesome

[COLOR=Navy]SC2 IS A LIE
SC2 IS A LIE
SC2 IS A LIE

There will never be another Starcraft until Warcraft stops selling games.

Also, that cinematic trailer blew ***.
[/COLOR]

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Quoting Mr. Awesome: [COLOR=Navy]SC2 IS A LIE
SC2 IS A LIE
SC2 IS A LIE

There will never be another Starcraft until Warcraft stops selling games.

Also, that cinematic trailer blew ***.
[/COLOR]

I tried to de-rep you, but I rep'd you too recently...

Anywho, the new unit EXP will encourage micro'ing. But not nearly as much as in WCIII. Mainly because in SC your food limit is much larger, meaning armies are much larger. Micro'ing will still be mostly pointless in SCII, just slightly more rewarding.

It'll still be worthless to micro zerglings, but I have a feeling micro'ing higher tier units (such as the new Protoss Mothership) will pay off.

Posted by WillisGreeny

[url=http://www.starcraft2.com/] This website just screams amature hoax... [/url]

Starcraft didn't sell very well? what?

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Even if Blizzard was lying about Starcraft II (why the **** would they?), after seeing all the hype it brought up (in Korea, anyway) they'd instantly start working on it. Koreans love their Starcraft.

Posted by WillisGreeny

The way they went at it was to allow micro be more important for specific scenarios, and macro more important for grand scale battles. I can see small maps with little resources as being the vessal inwhich micro battling becomes the bread and butter. Good move.

Posted by muffla

i dno i just have a feeling in my gut that says starcraft 2 is gonna be a letdown. :(

P.S. huge army of fully upgraded hydralisks FTW

Posted by MottaTheHutt

You honestly think that? I can't see Blizzard letting us down like that. I think it will be at least as good as WCIII, if not better.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting MottaTheHutt: Anywho, the new unit EXP will encourage micro'ing. But not nearly as much as in WCIII. Mainly because in SC your food limit is much larger, meaning armies are much larger. Micro'ing will still be mostly pointless in SCII, just slightly more rewarding.

It'll still be worthless to micro zerglings, but I have a feeling micro'ing higher tier units (such as the new Protoss Mothership) will pay off.

I never said micro was useless.

And wtf, zergling micro is some of the most important Zerg micro next to mutalisks.

Posted by Xero

Most people rush with a massive attack of zerglings. They're fast and quick to make (also cheap) so it's a good way to rush.
But mustalisks? I don't see how that can be a rush. There are a couple of steps before being able to make some and they're rather expensive and longer to spawn. If I make a massive mutalisk attack, it's assited with my partner.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Yeah, the whole point of zergling rush is you have massive numbers. So many zerglings it really isn't possible to effectively micro.

Zergling rush, kekekeke.

Posted by WillisGreeny

An all zergling rush tactic skill-wise from 1 to 5, (5 being the most skilled,) I rate around 2. To really use zerg requires knowing how to build up a mutalisk army while continually rushing with other units. Newbs take forever building up resource gathering, and players who just graduated newb college work too hard in trying to rush, especially with Zerg. I for one still play like a 2, but I've seen enough matches between pros to know the difference.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Zergling rush is pure macro skill. You can't waste any time.

Posted by cool gamer dad

You have it backwards. Late-game is macro heavy, whereas early-game rushing involves significantly more microing. Therefore, a zergling rush would be mostly micro. You really don't have to pay much attention to unit production when you have only one hatchery. That's easy as hell, and there's almost no macro involved.

And Chris: that's my point exactly. You don't send in masses of mutalisks like you do other units because it's extremely important that you micro them, unless you're going mutas & lings.

Posted by Xero

Quoting cats: You have it backwards. Late-game is macro heavy, whereas early-game rushing involves significantly more microing. Therefore, a zergling rush would be mostly micro. You really don't have to pay much attention to unit production when you have only one hatchery. That's easy as hell, and there's almost no macro involved.

I'm not a rush person. I play very defensive. When I play in a micro map, I usually start focusing on an effective defence. It means that if my attack fails, I'll have something to back myself up in case they reply right away and start producing units again.
And no matter how little the space is, I usually try to have more than 1 hatchery. I usually go for 3 hatcheries simply because if I rush, I want to make zerglings real fast. Like have a fresh new batch of them within a minute. 3 hatcheries X 6 zerglings makes 18 zerglings in one wave of spawn. Pretty effective. But if you're against a rather big attack of zealots, then it probably won't work. That's where mutalisks become handy, because protosses in a micro map cannot have too many units. They use up a lot of space. So dragoons won't be their first choice. Only Dark Templars and Zealots will do best. But those can't attack air. So Mutalisks are usually better against protosses in a micro map. I know that you can rush a base of protoss with 1 hatchery no problem. Againsts comps, yes. But against real players, I doubt it would work.
But if you're against terrans, then yeah zerglings can do a good job if the speed of their movements is improved too. Otherwise I believe hydralisks would be better (with improved range).
If don't really have a good strategy against zergs in a micro map though. I would stick to zerglings, but zerglings against zerglings makes it pretty lame. I guess I'd just prepare the biggest attack I can make and go fight them. Probably air style. Guardians and Mutalisks. About 24 of each. But I need to have a solid defence to be able to achieve that amount of units.

[COLOR=Navy]My favorite thing to do in that game was max out my population with mutalisks until they blotted out the sun and then send swarm after swarm of them to the enemy bases to rain horrible death upon their pathetic armies.

BWAH HA HA HA HA HA
[/COLOR]

Posted by cool gamer dad

The rumor is that SC2's coming out on October 1.

Posted by Xero

Still about 10 months of waiting?

Posted by MottaTheHutt

What did you expect?

Posted by WillisGreeny

I'm glad. Longer the wait, more time Blizzard's QA has to make sure the game works great at first luanch. I hate it when computer games (Caesar IV for example,) get released with 1000s of easy-to-see bugs.

Posted by Xero

Quoting MottaTheHutt: What did you expect?

May 2008 or something around that.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

lol u wish

Posted by Xero

Obviously...

[quote=Chris;784946]May 2008 or something around that.

[COLOR=Navy]Yeah, that'd be nice. :/[/COLOR]

Posted by Moogs

I've heard they were going for a release date just a few weeks before the WoW expansion. Which to me makes no sense. Or maybe I'm not seeing something

Posted by Xero

WoW expansion? That's going to be much more popular than SC 2. Makes no sense at all. They usually have a big time gap between each game they make. I doubt they're really thinking of doing that.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Capcom never released a Megaman Legends game the same time as Megaman X. Isn't that Buisness 101? Don't compete against yourself?

Posted by Moogs

Well I know if I played WoW and all I had was 50 bucks, I would buy the expansion.

Posted by Xero

I found WoW boring and very much like Maple Story. I'd prefer Starcraft II's new units, new missions and the battle.net.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I'm tickeled though that WoW is having expansion packs. So it's like Guildwars + 15 bucks a month.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Yeah, except WoW is fun.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Yeah, but SCII has an elite army of South Korean stealth soldiers and tactical geniuses backing it.

Against an army of nerdy white boys like myself. SCII win.

Posted by Moogs

Eh, I couldn't get into WoW...

The LAN Center I work at is full of WoW players though

Posted by cool gamer dad

Zerg revealed:

http://www.sclegacy.com/showthread.php?t=101

Posted by Xero

Wow! I really like they re-designed the units. And the overall game looks a bit more like Warcraft graphic-wise.
I'm glad this game will probably work on Mac. At least the newest WC games are compatible with this kind of PC. :)

Posted by cool gamer dad

It's looking alright! I'm gonna miss stacking my Mutalisks though. And the Zerglings sound like little squealing cockroaches.

Posted by WillisGreeny

You have to admit though, the Mutalisks was inevitably going to be nerfed by other units.

I'm really liking how fluid the action is when there's a **** load of units on the map. Lots and lots of movement.

Posted by muffla

I cant wait till it comes out, I wonder how much ram it will take

Posted by Xero

Probably a lot.

Posted by muffla

has there been a release date hinted at? I seem to rember november from somwhere

Posted by cool gamer dad

October/November is the rumor.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I'm playing you first, Cats. Prepare to win valiantly this October.

Posted by Xero

I challenge you both too. And you will probably win.

Posted by muffla

4v4 nr15 fastest (squigly thing) possable map

Posted by cool gamer dad

Hey Willis, if you're a total SC geek like me you plan on picking it up at midnight then we're hecka playing our first few games together.

SHOULD BE FUN

Posted by WillisGreeny

I'm sure there's tests and **** due the following morning...BUT I'LL BE THERE! I'm an RTS freak.

Posted by cool gamer dad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAYnQwe-2jE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugZEHaOxzQg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGpiynuSqfs

Savior vs Hwasin, two SC pros playing around with a recent build of SC2. Pretty neato.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Still no confirmed release date, correct?

Posted by cool gamer dad

yeah, only speculation. probably gonna get a 'fo sho' release date at BlizzCon in October.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I should probably look into buying some Blizzard Stock, considering Diable III and StarCraft II are fast approaching.

Posted by cool gamer dad

I should ask my dad about it. He's been keeping an eye on that stock for a long time now.

ActiBlizzard = unstoppable

Posted by WillisGreeny

About 23 a share, and on its low end of the cycle... INVEST INVEST INVEST!!

Posted by Xero

Quoting Iron Koala: I should probably look into buying some Blizzard Stock, considering Diable III and StarCraft II are fast approaching.

Seeing as I could play WC III on my MacBook, I suppose I'll be able to play those new games as well on my laptop, so I'm definitely gonna purchase both as soon as they come out. But it seems so faaaaaar away :(

Quoted post: Seeing as I could play WC III on my MacBook, I suppose I'll be able to play those new games as well on my laptop, so I'm definitely gonna purchase both as soon as they come out. But it seems so faaaaaar away

Yeah. Both games already have a mac version announced as far as I'm aware.

Posted by WillisGreeny

ok guys, everyone buy stock before it goes back up for next quarter.