I played Halo.

Posted by Ant

And...it wasn't as bad as I expected. Granted, I sucked *** and it wouldn't have been as much fun if I was by myself online. But still, I can see why people would get addicted to it.

Posted by ExoXile

You mean, cause of the countless 10 year old kids that can't do nothing but swear?

Yeah, that's some really addicting stuff.

Posted by Ant

I'm not much better myself :)

Posted by ExoXile

Except you're 10 years older, and don't sound fully as annoying as a ten year old.

But yeah, I see what you did durh.

And Ant, it's on the box of paradox. :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Halo is 8.8 material. Good fun, but it's never going to make you go 'AHAHAHAH. OH WOW.'

Except maybe the Spartan Laser.

Posted by mis0

It is a fairly fun game. I like the online play, but I really prefer to just play against friends, mainly because of what Exo mentioned: stupid ten year olds on Live.

Posted by Zeta

I'd like to play against some of those little brats. I'm sure their whining in the first two or so matches would be slightly lolworthy.

Probably get annoying after that, though.

Posted by Alastor

I'm really looking forward to hearing someone yell "SHOOP DA WHOOP I'M FIRIN MAH LASORZ" with the Spartan Laser when Halo 3 gets here. :o

Posted by mis0

Now that would be EPIC.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I have yet to run into any little kids during the beta so far. I am glad. Then again you can't hear the other team anyways and I usually only play with friends. Plus, that whole d-pad thing helps a bit. Same with the quick mute feature.

Quoted post: Except maybe the Spartan Laser.

It's amazing how many people suck with that thing, though I'm actually pretty ****ing good with it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;579883]It's amazing how many people suck with that thing, though I'm actually pretty ****ing good with it.

I just imagine I'm using the Hammer of Dawn from Gears. Usually helps. I've earned quite a few medals with it.

Posted by The Judge

Eh, seemed fun. I wouldn't go crazy over it though. Really, it seems just like every other non-realistic shooter game out there.

Posted by Lord of Spam

mouse+keyboard>analog sticks

Posted by Stalolin

the man has a point

Posted by Alastor

then play halo 2 vista

Posted by Stalolin

oh shi- i could.

does halo 2 vista allow you to play alongside people on x-box live?

Posted by Omni

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_2#Windows_Vista_version

[quote=Wikipedia]Halo 2 for Windows will link with the Games for Windows - Live network and have some operability with the Xbox Live network, as stated in the new FAQ section of Halo 2 for Windows on Bungie's official website.

Posted by Alastor

You can use the Xbox 360 controller on Windows Vista, as well, which leads for massive "HAY MY KEYBOARD SKILLZ CAN PRAWN UR CONTROLLARZ KUZ CONTROLLRES R TEH SUK" matches, rather than EXTREEEME text debates.

Posted by Stalolin

why the **** would I use a controller?

mouse makes looking around far simpler

Posted by Alastor

My point was you can use your mouse and keyboard against someone with a controller and show him how ****ing inferior he is. Though I'm far better with a controller, myself. :(

Quoted post: I just imagine I'm using the Hammer of Dawn from Gears. Usually helps. I've earned quite a few medals with it.

I don't even bother doing that. You just stick with the guy and fire after three seconds, guaranteed kill. It's even pretty sweet up close since most kids seem to have a hell of a time killing you before three seconds.

Quoted post: does halo 2 vista allow you to play alongside people on x-box live?

No. Shadowrun is the first game to use that. The Wiki article means something else entirely.

Also, Halo ****ing blows with a mouse and keyboard. It's built for sticks and you can tell. It's so not a PC shooter it's hilarious.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

XBox vs PC vs PS3 is also being implemented for Team Fortress 2. I'm wet with anticipation!

Wait, what? You're not going to be able to play against the PS3 crowd if you're on a 360... where did you hear this?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;580068]Wait, what? You're not going to be able to play against the PS3 crowd if you're on a 360... where did you hear this?

Ah, I must have misread. Doug Lombardi, you scoundrel! :o

Yeah, it's practically impossible. And I don't think cross-platform with the PC is even for certain at this point.