Hmmm

Posted by Omni

Okay, so here's a list of black metal bands I've been listening to lately.

Burzum
Leviathan
Nyktalgia
Xasthur
Deathspell Omega
Wyrd
Twilight
Alcest

Most of it is stuff that's been uploaded, but I dug up additional material by the bands that have it. There's others, but those are the ones I remember right now. Anyway, recommendations? Also, if you wanna upload something, feel free.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Did you ever get around to d/ling that Vrolok album I put up a week or 2 back? If not, DO IT!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Oh ***, that and Vrolok's new album. Greatest example of USBM's recent superiority. Oh, and since you like Alcest, check out Amesoeurs and Peste Noire. Same guy, though Peste Noire is less "artsy" and a lot more brutal in sound.

Also:

Somber Chemin (If you enjoy Peste Noir, you might like this)
Weltmacht (Guy from Judas Iscariot)
Shining (essential Suicidal BM, recent album high-quality like Deathspell)
Watain (essential raw BM, recent album is also high-quality)
Beatrik (Black/Doom, if you like suicidal-type music this should sit well)
Ondskapt (some of the best Orthodox BM)
Make a Change... Kill Yourself (suicidal)
Thralldom (amazing black/ambient)
I Shalt Become (suicidal)
Sortsind (one of the first suicidal bands)
Veil (US/NSBM)
Weakling (USBM)
Xenophobia (another US/NSBM band)
N.I.L. (a more focused project by Imperial of Krieg fame)
NekroKrist SS (NSBM)
Klage (NSBM, love the snare)
Satanic Warmaster (essential)

k, so not sure what you've listened to out of the bunch, but a lot of these you should like, based on the bands you listed.

Posted by Omni

I've got I Shalt Become and N.I.L., because you uploaded those. I'm also going to check out all the bands on splits with the bands I listed. Oh, and that one band says "Guy from Juadas Iscariot" and I've never listened to him either, so I'll have to get something by him, too. I'll check those out. I saw a huge torrent for Satanic Warmaster earlier today, so I'll probably get that first. Thanks, guys, especially Vamp because that list sounds like extremely grim stuff.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

huh... I thought I would've sent Judas Iscariot to you, especially Journey Through Visions of War... But whatever, good american black metal.

Posted by Omni

Nah, actually I've heard the name a lot, but I've never heard the music. I'll download it. Unless you want to send it to me over AIM or something, cuz that would be easy for me.

Posted by Omni

Okay, so I downloaded some stuff from Judas Iscariot. I also forgot about Nortt and Taake when I was making that list earlier. Good stuff so far.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Heres a couple more suggestions:

Forest Silence(amazing Ambient/Black Metal. The demo's are better than the album though.If you're interested, i'll upload some soon)

Limbonic Art(One of the best symphonic black metal bands, BY FAR.They have a new album coming out this year)

I'll think of more later.

Posted by Shade

I recommend "Walking through a Misty and Dark Forest" by Kvltenrjar

Posted by Omni

I don't think I'd be interested in that, but thanks.