Why is it -

Posted by Pit

When people on the internets argue, they resort to these following categories to attack:

a) misspelling and improper use of grammar.

For example:
Person A could have the greatest argument. It's smart, gets his point across, but does it matter? Nay. The focus of person b's argument is just taking apart his argument and fishing out for spelling errors.

b) being american

If you're american, you just can't win an argument, and you know why? because the europeans are better at everything you do. cooking, ****ing, spelling (colour? ITS COLOR ****IT), and of course, dancing.

c) being black

being black basically, you just can't win, leave it at that.

d) being mainstream

If you're mainstream, your opinion doesn't count. What you and 90% of people like is entirely wrong. Stop being yourself and be cool and listen to dream theater as I always say.

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Pit: c) being black

What about beaners?

Posted by Alastor

Because the Internet is a serious platform for debate. Serious business, etc.

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Alastor: Because the Internet is a serious platform for debate. Serious business, etc.

Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

Posted by Ant

What if their argument is just plain stupid? See: Kodachi about 80% of the time.

Posted by Alastor

The Internet makes C-Span look like [url=http://www.mtv.com/ontv/dyn/yo_momma/series.jhtml]Yo Momma[/url] it's so serious.

Posted by Omni

I've seen more arguments where there's a person who is blatantly wrong and is too dumb to realize it than I care to remember. Those kind of people usually have bad grammar and spelling, too.

Posted by Zeta

Key to winning arguement: Say the same thing every post, just switch a word or two.

Posted by The Judge

If there's one thing I can't ****ing stand about people on the internet who argue with me are when they're black non-Americans who don't know how to spell and listen to mainstream bands and dress mainstream.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Zeta: Key to winning arguement: Say the same thing every post, just switch a word or two.

Oh that's just annoying :mad:

Posted by Fate

I'd have to agree on that crap about misspelling on purpose. If I were to say something someone disagrees with, they would resort to stuff like "LOL YOU SAID THIS!!!!" even though I know they are capable of something a little more-- uh-- better? When I do the "lol" responses, I portray myself as equal as the person I'm arguing with and only omit punctuation. For example:

Guy says: lol youre hot
Fate says: omg really i got a boyfriend sorry :(
Guy says: youre a *****
Fate says: i said i had a boyfriend :cookie:

I stop reading arguments when it comes to pointing out misspellings. People attacking mainstream just because it's mainstream is stupid, too. Do what you like, wear what you like, listen to what you like and if it happens to be mainstream then you just found a pool of people with similar interests.

Posted by sniper

[quote]c) being black

Never seen this. Not outside of documentaries on early-mid 1900s America, at least.

Posted by Fate

I've seen it here. "I'm black so I know what it's like to be oppressed" or something like that.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

A) Because, even if you have a good argument, misspelling **** constantly makes it look like you're an idiot, and therefore makes your point look idiotic. That, or the argument is so good they have nothing to rebut with.

B) Everyone hates Americans and thinks they're all morons.

C) See B

D) Music = Elitism. Mainstream is accessible, therefore basic, therefore bad. Plus, music is only cool when no one else listens to it, right? Right?

Posted by The Judge

I just bought a CD from my local music retailer. That means it sucks, right?

Posted by Trigger

Show me a good misspelled argument, and I'll show you a wealthy homeless man.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: D) Music = Elitism. Mainstream is accessible, therefore basic, therefore bad. Plus, music is only cool when no one else listens to it, right? Right?

I'm so ahead of the curve i listen to bands that dont even exist yet

Posted by Pit

Quoting Trigger: Show me a good misspelled argument, and I'll show you a wealthy homeless man.

Wasn't there an actual wealthy homeless guy, you know, he was rich and all, but because he said money doesn't make you happy, he kept all his money in some bank account and just became a bum - RUN ON SENTENCE.

Posted by sniper

There's a homeless, wealthy woman in Seattle. She collects trash and builds forts about the city despite having a large home to herself. She's also a fair amount of crazy.

Posted by The Judge

Why doesn't she just pay other people to build her forts?

Posted by Shade

You wouldn't understand.

Posted by Omni

She could employ the homeless to build them.

Quoted post: Why doesn't she just pay other people to build her forts?

passion

Posted by sniper

I assumed it was because of the fair amount of crazy.

yeah, passion

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Pit;579190]When people on the internets argue, they resort to these following categories to attack:

a) misspelling and improper use of grammar.

For example:
Person A could have the greatest argument. It's smart, gets his point across, but does it matter? Nay. The focus of person b's argument is just taking apart his argument and fishing out for spelling errors.

b) being american

If you're american, you just can't win an argument, and you know why? because the europeans are better at everything you do. cooking, ****ing, spelling (colour? ITS COLOR ****IT), and of course, dancing.

c) being black

d) being mainstream

If you're mainstream, your opinion doesn't count. What you and 90% of people like is entirely wrong. Stop being yourself and be cool and listen to dream theater as I always say.

I don't know what planet you're living on, but I'd quite like to visit. I disagree with everything apart from point A.

Posted by Fate

I don't think it was something to disagree or agree on. I think he was just making an observation about various categories people resort to in the middle of an argument. They do happen.

A you could see here pretty often, B you can see mostly everywhere on the net especially the term "Amerikkka," same with C though not as often I find. As for D it's absolutely everywhere even in real life.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Speedfreak: I don't know what planet you're living on, but I'd quite like to visit. I disagree with everything apart from point A.

It's the third one from the sun. You know, earth. The one you're on right now. Yeah, the one composed of polar ice caps, land masses, and bodies of water.

Don't act like they don't happen Speedster.

I wuz on da youtubes da other day and u wouldnt hav guessd wut?

peoples all over goin like, yo u americans r dum, and us americanz b like, u britz drink ur tea and crumpets.

world war III baby