Console Exclusives

Posted by clearlytheman

http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=6759

This is as of April 5th/07.

I suspect it wont be long until we see MGS4 and Final Fantasy 13 on that list. Like the article states how long can Square Enix and Konami turn a blind eye to money that can be made. Capcom sees it and so to will the others.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

FFXIII is already multiplatform. At least versions of it are. But each system is getting their own game. Anywho, it's pretty much a given that true, third-party exclusives are going the way of the dodo.

Posted by clearlytheman

I have always said it doesnt make sense for third parties to release exclusives all that does is restrict gamers and from a financial standpoint it makes sense for developers to go multi platform.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=clearlytheman;578992]I have always said it doesnt make sense for third parties to release exclusives all that does is restrict gamers and from a financial standpoint it makes sense for developers to go multi platform.

Sup a whole bunch of Gamecube ports that were left unbought because barely anyone had a Gamecube.

Posted by ElroyJetson

It's one thing when theres one system in a specific generation is far inferior technologically or financially speaking, but when you have 3 systems who's respective companies seem to be 100% behind it's kind of silly to not go multi platform with your releases wherever possible.

Posted by Big Boss

As a consumer that owns all three major consoles, the only negative thing about this is choosing which version to get. The PS3 version of Spider-Man 3, for example, has an exclusive character you can play as. On the other hand, the Xbox 360 version has Achievements. The Wii version was as bad as the PS2 version, so I didn't have to consider it. Of course, without PS3 Home to balance the scale, I went with the 360 version. Still, I'll be missing out on everything a game has to offer, and 9 times out of 10 getting both versions is out of the question because of time, patience and money.

Quoted post: As a consumer that owns all three major consoles, the only negative thing about this is choosing which version to get. The PS3 version of Spider-Man 3, for example, has an exclusive character you can play as. On the other hand, the Xbox 360 version has Achievements. The Wii version was as bad as the PS2 version, so I didn't have to consider it. Of course, without PS3 Home to balance the scale, I went with the 360 version. Still, I'll be missing out on everything a game has to offer, and 9 times out of 10 getting both versions is out of the question because of time, patience and money.

Achievements win 9 times out of 10. Greatest invention ever.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Achievements really help get the most out of a game. The Crackdown ones have me trying a whole bunch of stuff I wouldn't normally have perservered with. Double Agent, on the other hand, gives out Achievements for almost nothing - it gave me 10G per training mission I finished, and 30G for every mission I completed. Considering Table Tennis only gave me 5G for perfecting every training mission, and Crackdown gave me 10G for every gang I wiped out, they're slightly imbalanced.

Posted by Ant

Quoting clearlytheman: http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=6759

This is as of April 5th/07.

I suspect it wont be long until we see MGS4 and Final Fantasy 13 on that list. Like the article states how long can Square Enix and Konami turn a blind eye to money that can be made. Capcom sees it and so to will the others.

In a recent interview with Hideo Kojima; he states how MGS4 is being specifically designed for the PS3 and has no plans of moving it over to the 360. He believes that the games is more of a movie like experience(FMV'S AHOY!!!) and that the PS3 with has the better technology to create that experience.

As for FFXIII, the superior version will most likely be on the PS3. But as far as the future goes with that series, and XIV, I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a Dragon Quest IX and throw it on the Wii. The sales in Japan for the PS3 thus far have been pretty pathetic compared to that of the Wii. So unless Sony is willing to shell out an ****loads of cash for the series, we may start seeing the graphics actually go down in quality from the graphic whores at Square.

AND as for third-party exclusives. The only viable system I can see actually getting their fair share would be Nintendo. The control system practically demands for it if they wish to make any quality games for the system. Of course there is always going to be massive multi-platform games, but then we'll end up with the crap we see in Spiderman.

in conclusion, it's over; sony's finished.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;578988]FFXIII is already multiplatform. At least versions of it are. But each system is getting their own game. Anywho, it's pretty much a given that true, third-party exclusives are going the way of the dodo.

Psssssst, Wii's going to be the console getting most of the exclusives next-gen. It's sort of impossible for companies to port decent Wii-centric games across to PS3 and Xbox and vice-versa.

[quote=clearlytheman;578992]I have always said it doesnt make sense for third parties to release exclusives all that does is restrict gamers and from a financial standpoint it makes sense for developers to go multi platform.

Looks like someone doesn't understand the industry!

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Quoting Ant: In a recent interview with Hideo Kojima; he states how MGS4 is being specifically designed for the PS3 and has no plans of moving it over to the 360. He believes that the games is more of a movie like experience(FMV'S AHOY!!!) and that the PS3 with has the better technology to create that experience.

I recall Shinji Mikami saying something rather similar about Resident Evil 4's exclusivity to the GAMECUBE. Except the part about it being a movie-like experience. Resident Evil 4 was a game.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Capcom are a different company. They've done it with Viewtiful Joe, too.

Quoting The X: Capcom are a different company.

Yes, but they're still a company. Meaning they're not in the business of being cute with their properties and keeping them exclusive when porting them can make them more money. If they go with Capcom's approach completely, they'll even announce the 360 port before the ps3 version's release.

Quoted post: In a recent interview with Hideo Kojima; he states how MGS4 is being specifically designed for the PS3 and has no plans of moving it over to the 360. He believes that the games is more of a movie like experience(FMV'S AHOY!!!) and that the PS3 with has the better technology to create that experience.

"Put aside whether or not we're developing for 360 or not, the game is built on the PS3 hardware,"

They kept it pretty open though.

Quoted post: Psssssst, Wii's going to be the console getting most of the exclusives next-gen. It's sort of impossible for companies to port decent Wii-centric games across to PS3 and Xbox and vice-versa.

psssst im not talking about the wii.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Ant: In a recent interview with Hideo Kojima; he states how MGS4 is being specifically designed for the PS3 and has no plans of moving it over to the 360. He believes that the games is more of a movie like experience(FMV'S AHOY!!!) and that the PS3 with has the better technology to create that experience.

He will give in. Watch, sooner or later it will be announced. We must be patient.

Posted by clearlytheman

it is almost a fore gone conclusion Konami cannot tuirn a blind eye to the money. In order for MGS4 to be a finacial success they can't just release it on PS3

Quoting Tiptoegecko: He will give in. Watch, sooner or later it will be announced. We must be patient.

It's not a matter of him "giving in." It's a matter of his bosses determining what gets done to the games he makes. After the game is finished, if Konami wants to hand it to a team to port it to the 360, he has no say in the matter. The only thing he could do is resign in protest.

Posted by ElroyJetson

As former ps2 fanboy/xbox360 convert I'd love to see MGS4 on the 360, but until I see word from Konami I look at everything else as wishful thinking. I do however think it makes sense to at least try to see if they can port it to 360. Why cut out a portion of the market share?

Quoted post: It's not a matter of him "giving in." It's a matter of his bosses determining what gets done to the games he makes. After the game is finished, if Konami wants to hand it to a team to port it to the 360, he has no say in the matter. The only thing he could do is resign in protest.

Or threaten to cut off his head.

Posted by ElroyJetson

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Or threaten to cut off his head.

Well that works too.