Tom Clancy Splinter Cell Conviction.

Posted by clearlytheman

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/788/788655p1.html

Here is some info on the new splinter cell exclusive to xbox 360. I have always enjoyed the series and now xbox 360 owners can enjoy it exclusively, if you dont own a 360 there is always the PC version

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Anyone else think "Assassin's Creed" when they were talking about the crowd stealth mechanic? But whatever, I'm not sure how this will turn out but I have faith in the Montreal devision.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I got Double Agent last night, so hopefully I'll be able to catch up in time for this one. Loved Chaos Theory, though.

Double Agent is pretty... meh. Made by a different division (the bad one.)

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;578984]Double Agent is pretty... meh. Made by a different division (the bad one.)

Not Ubisoft France? *******it. I'll probably still enjoy it anyway.

Montreal you mean? Yeah, it was made by Shanghai which hasn't had a good record so far.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;578987]Montreal you mean? Yeah, it was made by Shanghai which hasn't had a good record so far.
Montreal is in Canada, not France. ****. Yeah, I meant Montreal.

Though their headquarters are in France which might've mixed you up...

Posted by Dexter

I was reading about this in a magazine yesterday. He's way furrier, looks way cooler.

PARKOUR!

Posted by Fate

I thought Shanghai was the good one? Pandora Tomorrow was awesome.

Whoever makes it I don't care since I've been having a good run in each game.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Fate;579407][COLOR=skyblue]I thought Shanghai was the good one? Pandora Tomorrow was awesome.

Whoever makes it I don't care since I've been having a good run in each game.[/COLOR]

I'm playing through Double Agent at the moment, which was developed by Shanghai. I really can't tell the difference.

[quote=Dexter;579397]I was reading about this in a magazine yesterday. He's way furrier, looks way cooler.

PARKOUR!

Did you ever play Crackdown, Dex? I seem to have a lot of parkour experiences in it, running and jumping from rooftop to rooftop all the time.

Quoted post: I thought Shanghai was the good one? Pandora Tomorrow was awesome.

lol no. All odd number Splinter Cell games are the good ones because Montreal makes them. 2 and 4 were made by Shanghai and both are seen as the low points of the series. Shanghai usually handles ports of Montreal games, that's what they're there for.

Quoted post: I'm playing through Double Agent at the moment, which was developed by Shanghai. I really can't tell the difference.

You didn't play CT did you?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;579504]You didn't play CT did you?
I did, it was actually my introduction to the series. Maybe it's because I've only played the first three levels of DA. The prison break level was epic fun.

Yeah... DA isn't bad. But it's not good. I mean, it's better than PT, but worse than the first and horrible compared to CT. CT was by far the best of the series and even Ubi said SC5 was the game to look out for.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;579520]Yeah... DA isn't bad. But it's not good. I mean, it's better than PT, but worse than the first and horrible compared to CT. CT was by far the best of the series and even Ubi said SC5 was the game to look out for.

I personally didn't like Pandora Tomorrow, though. Really clumsy compared to Chaos Theory. Though strangely though, the original seemed to play better despite being older than PT. CT was awesome in a lot of places. Bathhouse and Seoul were probably the best levels.

Quoted post: I personally didn't like Pandora Tomorrow, though. Really clumsy compared to Chaos Theory. Though strangely though, the original seemed to play better despite being older than PT. CT was awesome in a lot of places. Bathhouse and Seoul were probably the best levels.

Exactly. PT was made my Shanghai, the original by Montreal. CT was Montreal and DA was Shanghai. That's my point, the even numbered games, the ones made by Shanghai, are noticeably worse and less polished than the odd numbered games, the ones made by Montreal.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

So Vamp is partially right about Double Agent. This trust system makes it too ****ing linear, just like Pandora Tomorrow with its 3 strikes system. I went on a knifing rampage on the tanker mission, and kept losing trust with JBA, despite doing EXACTLY what I was told to do. Wankers.

Posted by Fate

You know what I do? Complete every mission possible and keep trust high for both parties. When it comes to super-hard decisions like killing, I just let the JBA get mad at me.

Quoted post: So Vamp is partially right about Double Agent. This trust system makes it too ****ing linear, just like Pandora Tomorrow with its 3 strikes system. I went on a knifing rampage on the tanker mission, and kept losing trust with JBA, despite doing EXACTLY what I was told to do. Wankers.

Don't ****ing get me started on that ****ing tanker ****. I know it told me to kill everyone, but I wasn't so sure about that ****. So what did I do? Played the whole ****ing level without killing or even knocking out anyone. I didn't even get a single alert. I get to the end and the guys all "lol i still see heat signatures lol" and forces me to go back through it and kill everyone. I threw down my controller and haven't played it since.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I suggest trying to beat the tanker mission. I finished it last night, and moved onto the Shanghai mission. The game's went back up in my estimation. Actually really fun, pulling people out of fifty-storey windows and cracking a safe barely out of sight from the world's MOST DANGEROUS TERRORISTS. The trust system itself is bull****, but playing for both sides is pretty awesome.

I just don't like that I can't play it in full stealth if I want to. If I want to not kill anyone I should be able to. idk. **** ****ed me the **** off

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;580618]I just don't like that I can't play it in full stealth if I want to. If I want to not kill anyone I should be able to. idk. **** ****ed me the **** off
Next mission is pretty much classic Chaos Theory. You can't be spotted entering the building, but from there it's do what you want. Personally I just hide in the shadows and bait goons into my knife.

First time through I always play without killing, knocking anyone out or being seen. The next play through I just kill everyone. BUT I CAN'T DO THAT IN THIS GAME YAY

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Yeah... DA isn't bad. But it's not good. I mean, it's better than PT, but worse than the first and horrible compared to CT. CT was by far the best of the series and even Ubi said SC5 was the game to look out for.

CT was amazing, I played that for the longest time. Truly the only game that me and my friends played the longest for besides Halo 2.

DA was ok, the multiplyer wasnt as good as CT, nor was the single player.

Man, I need to re-buy CT. That game was freaking great.

Quoted post: DA was ok, the multiplyer wasnt as good as CT, nor was the single player.

The multiplayer had a ton of potential. I mean, I really had fun with it... but there was nothing to it. Just, what, one mode? Hopefully Conviction expands on it because it's definitely unique.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting The X: Did you ever play Crackdown, Dex? I seem to have a lot of parkour experiences in it, running and jumping from rooftop to rooftop all the time.

Of course I played it. Didn't care for it though. TMNT had lots of parkour elements, but it was still a terrible game.

Posted by Speedfreak

Wasn't Pandora Tomorrow the one that introduced that crazy awesome innovative multiplayer mode? I really can't see how 2 is worse than 1 when the multiplayer alone is worth the price of admission.

The multiplayer was awwight, though it paled in comparison to CT and even DA made it better, albeit more limited. The single-player, however, not so good. And that's what SC is, a single-player game first and foremost.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Speedfreak;581378]Wasn't Pandora Tomorrow the one that introduced that crazy awesome innovative multiplayer mode? I really can't see how 2 is worse than 1 when the multiplayer alone is worth the price of admission.
INNOVATION!

Anyway, now that Pandora Tomorrow's XBL community is empty, it all boils down to its worth in singe player. Multiplayer can be disregarded. Double Agent keeps tantalising me with win, but makes me drudge through ****ing Su Doku puzzles and what are effectively sliding panel puzzles. ***DAMIT