New Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles garbage...

Posted by Prince Shondronai

http://gonintendo.com/?p=17967

I must say that Square's art directors have to be retarded half-squirrel-half-human homosexuals with no regard for good taste. Maybe I'm just intolerant of such things. Ah well.

Posted by Bebop

Bout time we got some news on this.

Posted by Zeta

Looks like crap. Why'd they scrap the old style?

I believe I gave a probable cause for that, Zeta.

Posted by muffla

graphix sux0rz, and whats this start as a super hero buisness, who do they think they are crackdown?

Posted by Linko_16

Is there some other screen on that site that I'm missing? I'll miss the old style, too, but what they've shown so far isn't necessarily so bad.

Is that guy supposed to be a Calvat? Are the old races there at all?

Posted by Speedfreak

Doesn't look bad to me at all. Reminds me of Sparkster. A LOT.

It's the gameplay that worries me. Superhero? What the heck does that have to do with Crystal Chronicles?

Posted by Drewboy64

hope it keeps some of the original elements though, and doesn't stray too far off. I have to see the whole trailer to judge it though.

Posted by Dexter

That's barely enough to give me an idea. I'd have to see more. It doesn't bother me though.

Posted by Xero

I'm slowly getting tired of playing any game of FF. This one doesn't look like it would get me back into the serie so far.

The only FF game I've been looking forward to play this year was "Tactics advanced", but I can't even find it anywhere =/

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Xero;578933]I'm slowly getting tired of playing any game of FF. This one doesn't look like it would get me back into the serie so far.

The only FF game I've been looking forward to play this year was "Tactics advanced", but I can't even find it anywhere =/

So far? What the hell have you even seen of it so far? A single trailer that shows no gameplay whatsoever and a single screenshot that has nothing to do with the trailer? Do you not even realise that this isn't a FF game like FF7-13?

Posted by Linko_16

Oh, I didn't realize there was a trailer. Not much more to it, though.

So, wait, is it not multiplayer anymore?

Indeed. I've liked every spinoff FF title more than just about every title in the main series. Even if Crystal Bearers looks stupid at the moment, it could still play really well.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Speedfreak: So far? What the hell have you even seen of it so far? A single trailer that shows no gameplay whatsoever and a single screenshot that has nothing to do with the trailer? Do you not even realise that this isn't a FF game like FF7-13?

I apologized for my ignorance then. If it isn't like FF7, then I'm looking forward to see more of it.

Posted by Dexter

Crystal Chronicles for the Game Cube was garbage. I wouldn't be putting your hopes up too high. I'm certainly going to get it and expect it to be better than the Game Cube version, but if you like the regular FF games, then these will most likely disappointment you.

Posted by Poolking99

never played the original because I didn't have all the necessary equipment. I remember the good old days when all you needed was the game, the console, the controller, and a TV. No memory cards, no link cables, no handhelds, no BS.

I hope they can make this one more attractive to the public, not by isolating potential players by requiring unnecessary equipment.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Dexter: Crystal Chronicles for the Game Cube was garbage. I wouldn't be putting your hopes up too high. I'm certainly going to get it and expect it to be better than the Game Cube version, but if you like the regular FF games, then these will most likely disappointment you.

Maybe it was hard to get a proper game going (not everyone has two or three friends to play with and a GBA w/ connection cable), but once you did I found it to be rather great. Developers today underestimate how much more fun the necessity of multiplayer teamwork can make a game.

Yes, this sequel needs to be more accessable, but I'll be heartbroken if they do away with multiplayer.

"Crystal Bearers" brings to mind the act of carrying the chalice around like one player needed to do in the original. The fact that it's plural would seem to indicate the return of multiplayer as well. I'm sure they won't make it a purely single-player game.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Dexter;579377]Crystal Chronicles for the Game Cube was garbage. I wouldn't be putting your hopes up too high. I'm certainly going to get it and expect it to be better than the Game Cube version, but if you like the regular FF games, then these will most likely disappointment you.

Once you actually got 3 other RPG fans with GBA SPs, and enough time to play it it was actually enjoyable. Unless of course you're a modern Final Fantasy fan, in which case the total absence of huge cutscenes and gimpy characters probably left you cold.

The next one is online and doesn't use cables, or quite possibly even DSs.

Posted by Dexter

I've never been one to discover 3 other players with GBA SPs and the essential cables. It was a bunch of hogwash that deservingly failed. Yes, it would've been more enjoyable with multiplayer, but they needed to simplify it. We should've been able to simply use the Game Cube Controllers.

Posted by Linko_16

Trust me, it's been said and we all agree.

We're all just hoping it'll be better this time around.

Posted by Linko_16

I personally disagree with the comic only to the point that I doubt the comications were a money-making scheme... While I don't know what stages of development it went through, it was probably just an attempt at something new/interesting/innovative/etc. that ended up being more trouble than it was worth.

Posted by Drewboy64

If this uses DS-wii connectivity, it'll be a lot better than the GBA-Cube connectivity. Cause, you know, you won't need to buy a cable.

Posted by Dexter

That's true, but I don't hear much about them working on that. I imagine it will allow four players using Wiimotes. Hopefully no one will have to carry a chalice either and the screen organization won't be too annoying.

Posted by Linko_16

Now you're just being whiney.

Posted by Dexter

There's a lot to go emo about from my last experience.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Dexter;581114]I've never been one to discover 3 other players with GBA SPs and the essential cables. It was a bunch of hogwash that deservingly failed. Yes, it would've been more enjoyable with multiplayer, but they needed to simplify it. We should've been able to simply use the Game Cube Controllers.

What kind of dips[COLOR=lightgreen]h[/COLOR]it rates a multiplayer game without ever actually playing it with other people? It could be you.

And yes, it was a total failure, getting a WOEFULLY LOW metacritic score of 80% and selling ONLY MILLIONS of copies. It was such a catastrophic failure that SquareEnix sought to p[COLOR=lightgreen]i[/COLOR]ss off their shareholders and gamers worldwide with 2 more games on DS and Wii.

Fucking Christ, I don't think you could fail any harder than you did just there.

Posted by Ant

Umm, what he was saying was that it could have been a lot better with those things instead of the lame *** GBA connectivity. And the point he was proving is one that lots of other people had problems with.

f[COLOR="Lime"]u[/COLOR]cking christ.

Posted by Speedfreak

I said the game was good once you actually got playing. He then disagreed, despite stating he hadn't actually played it. He's using the last games problems as reason for not caring about the next one, even though the next game obviously will not have the same issues.

He's either judging a multiplayer game based on the singleplayer experience or displaying a great lack of foresight while at the same time displaying ignorance about the original title. One of those is stupid, and I've addressed all of them.

Posted by Dexter

It's easy for me to talk about the problems of the last game when discussing the next one, since the last one had so many problems. It's easy to judge the multiplayer when I can figure out exactly how it will be and know the essential material needed that makes it so difficult to enjoy. Yeah, it would be better using multiplayer, but they've made it too difficult to play multiplayer. That's the problem I'm addressing. I don't have to play the multiplayer to realize that. I'm not at all saying that the next game will have the same problems either.

Posted by SuperSoupy

You know what? I played Streets Of Rage yesterday for the first time in *** knows how long. It's probably co-operative muliplayer gaming in its simplest form, but its STILL great after all this time.

With the GC version of Crystal Chronicles, sure they were looking for new ways to build on this formula with the GBA linking mararkey, and as it has happened with many games, changing original formulas would bring about improvements and annoyances in equal measure. I'm sure it was a cool experience to play the game. But c'mon, if you want 4 players they would potentially (and collectively) need to spend