New Smash Brothers Brawl info...

Posted by Prince Shondronai

...in 6 days.

http://www.smashbros.com/

Posted by Dexter

I thought there already was an official site.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Tony beat you to it. And the site is just getting redesigned with a bunch of new information or whatever.

Posted by Dexter

Doubt it'll be that great. I'm more into the countdown until Mario Party 8.

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Tony beat you to it. And the site is just getting redesigned with a bunch of new information or whatever.

Whatever. More people visit the Wii board than the Smash board, anyway.

Wild speculation time:

I'm predicting 6-player support, a new character or two revealed, details about the game's online features (voice-chat pleaseohpleaseohplease) and an announcement that, while the massive # of 3rd-party characters that everyone requested would be fantastically awesome in the game, unfortunately the liscencing fees have kept the number low. That said, Sonic, MegaMan, and Simon Belmont will be making an appearance.

Ten bux says it'll still be 4-player only.

4-players for nonline games, perhaps, but I'll take your ten bux when it's announced that SBB will allow 6-players for online brawls. Even offline, 2 people could use classic controllers.

Posted by Ant

Hmm, no.

And I'm not too sure if we'll see a trailer or not. With E3 looming and TGS not too far later, they might save most of the information till then.

If it's 6-players, it definitely won't be online. Who knows how well Nintendo's online service works and whether it can even support it, and if it relies on player hosts over wireless... ugh. I do not want to deal with a fighter with even a slight ounce of lag. 4 players max. I'm calling it now. Online and off.

Posted by Zeta

This is six days too many.

Posted by Dexter

Super Smash being more than 4 players just seems wrong and overly complicated. It would be difficult keeping track of more than 4 players in some stages. Sizes of some stages are far too small to hold so many. I'm still very skeptical about the online capabilities. I hope to see a few decent games online before to ease my worry.

5 more days!!!

Posted by Xero

That sucks. I thought the 6 days meant "it's coming out in 6 days" and I realized it was only a website...:(

I'll check it out once in a while though. I can't wait to try that game.

Posted by Dexter

lol. 6 days until release date. You must not pay attention to the Super news much. I doubt we'll see the game until Christmas time, along with a few other wonderful games. The only good game coming out for the Wii soon is Mario Party 8 in about 2 weeks.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Dexter: lol. 6 days until release date. You must not pay attention to the Super news much. I doubt we'll see the game until Christmas time, along with a few other wonderful games. The only good game coming out for the Wii soon is Mario Party 8 in about 2 weeks.

No I rarely check out VG news. I read some links that are posted on the gaming boards once in a while.

Mario Party 8? Well I'm kinda getting tired of that game serie. After M.P. 3, I thought it was getting redondant and so I kept the 3 first games and I play them rarely when my friends come over or when my sister is really bored.

Sounds like I'll have a lot of time to beat WW (Getting it for my B-day) on my GC.

Posted by Dexter

Mario Party 4 and 5 were my least favorites, but 6 and 7 got progressively better and 7 is probably my overall favorite, even more than the first three. I like them all, in some ways. When it comes to mini-game games, they are the best there is. I could easily go back to any of them and spend some time with friends playing mini-games or even by myself beating old records. I'm really looking forward to Mario Party 8. I believe Mario Party 9 might come around sometime in 2008 and by then there should be online capabilities.

WW is good. I'd like a cel-shaded Link in Super Smash. Instead of having young and old Link, they'd replace the young with cel-Link.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Dexter: Mario Party 4 and 5 were my least favorites, but 6 and 7 got progressively better and 7 is probably my overall favorite, even more than the first three. I like them all, in some ways. When it comes to mini-game games, they are the best there is. I could easily go back to any of them and spend some time with friends playing mini-games or even by myself beating old records. I'm really looking forward to Mario Party 8. I believe Mario Party 9 might come around sometime in 2008 and by then there should be online capabilities.

You know what? Seeing as I still have my GameCube, I'll start by renting Mario Party 7. I'll see if it's really as good as your saying it is. If I like it, I'll consider getting Mario Party 8.
Thinking about it, it must be different to play a bunch of mini-games with a Wii controller.

Quoting Dexter: WW is good. I'd like a cel-shaded Link in Super Smash. Instead of having young and old Link, they'd replace the young with cel-Link.

I never heard "cel-Link" ever. Even the forums entirely about zelda never named him like this. But I agree. I like the way they designed link in that game. I'd much prefer it this way too.

Posted by Dexter

Quoted post: You know what? Seeing as I still have my GameCube, I'll start by renting Mario Party 7. I'll see if it's really as good as your saying it is. If I like it, I'll consider getting Mario Party 8.
Thinking about it, it must be different to play a bunch of mini-games with a Wii controller.

Just skip to Mario Party 8. With the addition of the Wiimote, it's almost guaranteed to be superior. I expect it to be the best Mario Party game yet. The Wiimote will make it possible to bring back some of the older mini-games that were popular and do a little redesign to apply the Wiimote. Also, [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hammer_Bros."]Hammer Bro[/URL] will be a playable character and that's reason enough to get it!

Posted by Corrupt

Looking forward to whatever juicy information they have in store for us, regardless of whether it'll involve new characters or not. I'm a patient person.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;578379]If it's 6-players, it definitely won't be online. Who knows how well Nintendo's online service works and whether it can even support it, and if it relies on player hosts over wireless... ugh. I do not want to deal with a fighter with even a slight ounce of lag. 4 players max. I'm calling it now. Online and off.

Nintendo's online service handles matchmaking. The games netcode handles...network play. If a game lags on DS or Wii it's not the networks fault, because it's not even involved by the time you're playing, it's peer to peer.

I'm betting online isn't present. And I won't actually care, either.

Posted by Klarth

predictions to be proved wrong shortly:

- very limited online play
- 40+ characters (well, obviously this won't be revealed on day one, but hey)
- sonic
- remote/nunchuk, classic controller and gcn support
- downloadable content
- free taco bell promotional coupon with every purchase

Posted by Zeta

I'd like more info on stages. They included the mother****ing Halberd; they've got to have a bunch of stages just as badass.

Posted by maian

Gawd >=| I was so excited for a moment. :(

Anyway, could be good, could be...lame. Or they could just pull another:

"SSBB INFO IN FOUR DAYZ LOL...

Four days later

YOSHI'S IN THE GAME!1"

But honestly, what was with that Fox trailer? =/ Not only was it a character in both other games, they were keeping it a secret or something by showing him for three seconds at the end.

In any case, all I care about is characters anyway. I'd be ecstatic if they showed more new ones, but would still enjoy seeing some originals in the mix.

Posted by Speedfreak

We already know there won't be much more characters than Melee.

Posted by lanzer

sonic. 'nuff said.

Posted by maian

Normally, I'd be thrilled about Sonic, but so much of his 3D games have sucked, and Sega has thrashed his character so much that I honestly don't care if he's in it or not. Because somehow, I can see Sonic with his horrible characterization being forced into it. He's just not cool anymore. >_>

Nah. Sonic is still cool, even if his games suck. Sonic Riders and Secret Rings were pretty fun, though.

maian, to answer the question that you put in my rep, Nintendo.com proclaims this to be a "Major Update" to the site. Since Nintendo is going to be having some kind of major event next week, I assume they'll be revealing tons of new stuff on Brawl at that, and posting everything on the site simultaneously.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Prince Shondronai;579347]Nah. Sonic is still cool, even if his games suck.

Sonic was never cool, he is the product of what the Sega marketing department of the 80s thought of as a cool mascot.

EDIT: I never actually said Mario was cool, but being popular by having a series of great games and not trying to "modernise" him by making him sing rock songs, put "serious" storylines in his games and create emo side-characters that pack heat is a heck of a lot cooler than a marketing devision sitting around thinking "Hmm, we need to make a cool video game character. One with ATTITUDE" and coming up with Sonic.

There's a reason he's so friggin' embarassing now. A cool-in-the-80s hedgehog that stars in s[COLOR=lightgreen]h[/COLOR]it games isn't cool by today's standards. The character is just so false, last I checked that was pretty uncool.

Posted by Dexter

He was/is a cool mascot. He was a rebel rad furry dude. He had an attitude and his games were fun. Easily better than Mario when it comes to character. His current games are horrible, but his golden age won't soon be forgotten. I'd be excited if he were to be in the game, even more excited if Tails was.

Although characters isn't what I'm looking forward to the most. I want to hear about the online capabilities. That's what got me all nervous. I know I'll be satisfied with the character selection, even if the majority of them were in the past games. Hope they do the trophy thing again.

Posted by PunkRock Sonic

Gmae nwatch and ice cliimbers should stay, and there should be peach too and sonic, what I'm looking foward too is if there is going to be story in the game,

Let's hope not. Fighting game stories suuuuck.

Posted by Ant

Guilty Gear has a good storyline.

As for Smash, it's not the type of fighting game that should have a storyline, considering each character already has their own in their respective games.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;579500]Let's hope not. Fighting game stories suuuuck.

Fatal Fury has a decent storyline, in particular, Mark of the Wolves.

[quote=Ant;579511]Guilty Gear has a good storyline.

The backstory for Guilty Gear is awesome. Story mode is terrible, plotwise. KY KISKE GETS A LIST OF BAD GUYS, SOME OF THEM TURN OUT TO BE GOOD GUYS, OH MY.

Quoted post: Guilty Gear has a good storyline.

Nah

Quoted post: Fatal Fury has a decent storyline, in particular, Mark of the Wolves.

No

seriously, it's ****ing smash bros. The storyline would be ***, whatever they came up with. Like the ****ing mario tennis storylines.

Posted by Zeta

Captain N travels across various Nintendo worlds with some sort of giant key or something.

yeah, that's about as good as it can get

Posted by Poolking99

I need online play, at least this friend code BS and the ability to play randoms on similar levels. Thats my one and only request, Nintendo, it is now your job to make sure that does not happen.

Posted by lanzer

it saays "starting today!" so where the hell is it?

Posted by s0ul

Dude, Smash is already laced with plot. You've just got to look for it. It's all a big metaphor for life, the hand puts you in the ring and you've gotta fight everyone just to get on top man. See, the hand's like... like the corporations, man...

Posted by maian

Blah. Japan is 11 hours behind us, so we'll probabl be getting it tomorrow. As of right now in mountain time, it's 10:30 PM, so in Japan it's 11:30 AM. ;| Or something. Close to that. Either way, I expect they'd do it at around evening their time, but who knows.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=maian;581459]Blah. Japan is 11 hours behind us, so we'll probabl be getting it tomorrow. As of right now in mountain time, it's 10:30 PM, so in Japan it's 11:30 AM. ;| Or something. Close to that. Either way, I expect they'd do it at around evening their time, but who knows.

try 1:30

And yeah, if they're holding it off this long then we'll all get it tomorrow. Which sucks, but 'eh, if it's a new video it'll be worth it.

WHO CARES ABOUT SMASH... FUKKEN METROID IN AUGUST WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

lol

Posted by s0ul

but samus is in smash so it's basically the same thing, except smash also has jigglypuff which makes it better

Posted by Ant

11 hours behind? They're ahead of us.

drr, it's ****ing japan you morons. They're super advanced.

Posted by maian

I DON'T KNOW THESE THINGS I'M STUPID

yeah

any day now

yeah

Posted by Colonel

well that got my hopes up. All the website says is how to play (hit a guy=damage=KO) and no, it doesn't say how to work the wiimote while playing, also it shows all the music and it's composers, and last it displays ONE level that we've all seen befor because it was in every trailer! NO NEW CHARACTERS!? NO RELEASE DATE!? NO NEW LEVELS?!

**** off

Anyone else ****ed because i'm ****ED!

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Colonel;581498]well that got my hopes up. All the website says is how to play (hit a guy=damage=KO) and no, it doesn't say how to work the wiimote while playing, also it shows all the music and it's composers, and last it displays ONE level that we've all seen befor because it was in every trailer! NO NEW CHARACTERS!? NO RELEASE DATE!? NO NEW LEVELS?!

**** off

Anyone else ****ed because i'm ****ED!

Why would it have a description of the controls for a controller it doesn't use durr durr durr.

I'm guessing we're actually going to see regular updates to the site now. The list of musicians is interesting, I hope to God they all have stages (and characters) to match.

No, Speedfreak. I don't think we need a Cho Aniki stage.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

We need a Lavos stage. Since y'know. Chrono Trigger musicians.

Posted by Klarth

YASUNORI ****ING MITSUDA IS DOING SOME MUSICS

XENOGEARS CAMEO CONFIRMED PLEASE OH *** PLEASE.

MY LIFE WILL BE COMPLETE IF I CAN HAVE ID. Or Crono; that'd be kinda cool too.

Posted by Zeta

Aww, I don't see Michiru Yamane on the musician list. :(

Quoting The X: We need a Lavos stage. Since y'know. Chrono Trigger musicians.

It would be plagued with Destruction Rain from the Heavens. This game's winner is Lavos... always Lavos.

Posted by Linko_16

The stages in the "World of Nintendo" trailer all look pretty bland. Some have slightly interesting things, like the shy guy racers in that Mario Kart stage, but they're still just the basic "three platforms above one big platform" set-up.

EDIT - Musician from Kingdom Hearts? Interesting.

Posted by Klarth

horrifying

Posted by Ant

FYI, she also did the music for Super Mario RPG.

Posted by ExoXile

Bah, I need to get myself a Wii soon. :(

Posted by ElroyJetson

Yeah, I want my Wii back now. But I've kinda been holding out for them to get a handle on their online play system. I'm more interested in this and whatever mario kart game they decide to come out with having online match capability.

Posted by maian

It seems they enjoy torturing us with pointless info.

THE GOOEY BOMB LOL:

It's like the motion bomb, but it sticks to people? Anyway, they have a Mario and Link page up too. At least they posted something we haven't seen before. Maybe they'll continue. ;o

Posted by Linko_16

<( Gooey Bomb, you say? )

Yeah, they add one new thing every day. Nothing to check daily, if you ask me... just check in once a week and see what they've come up with.

Gooey bomb? Yeah, they played a lot of Halo beta last week.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Quoting Speedfreak: Why would it have a description of the controls for a controller it doesn't use durr durr durr.

Woah, woah, woah, wait a minute. Am I to understand Brawl does not use the Wiimote?

Posted by Zeta

They've been saying that since day 1. Suprised people still don't know.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Yeah, I'm slow like that. =/

I've heard them say that it would primarily use the GAMECUBE or classic controller, but I didn't hear any official word that the game would be completely unplayable on a Wiimote and Nunchuck. I don't know that Nintendo would release a game that didn't at least have an option for them. Also, the little icon next to "How to Play" on smashbros.com is a Wiimote. I take that as a strong hint that the game will have such an option.

Haven't they been saying it uses the Wiimote for some easter egg type ****?

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Gooey bomb? Yeah, they played a lot of Halo beta last week.

Or Goldeneye

Posted by Speedfreak

The Gooey bomb is actually nothing like sticky grenades in Halo. In Halo a stick is a definate kill. In Brawl someone being hit with a gooey bomb turns the match into a short game of hot potato.

Posted by Zeta

Should've had it actually be Gooey.

Quoted post: The Gooey bomb is actually nothing like sticky grenades in Halo. In Halo a stick is a definate kill. In Brawl someone being hit with a gooey bomb turns the match into a short game of hot potato.

Man, I know it's not that difficult to tell when I'm being serious or not.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Zeta: Should've had it actually be Gooey.

<( I know, it's so unfair. )

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

They need to stop torturing us with information we already know. Although Pit is a badass mother, I want to see the new guys! :(

the gooey bomb is new... and the music list itself is pretty epic. Just not countdown epic...

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;582880]Man, I know it's not that difficult to tell when I'm being serious or not.

You come out with crazy bullshit when you are serious, too.

Posted by maian

I am disappointed with all the lack of new news (Except for the uh, Gooey Bomb), but the music list is exciting. If only they'd confirm a character or two from there. ;|

But then, I doubt we'll be seeing more characters anyway, seeing as how nearly all the secret characters in SSBM weren't shown at all beforehand.

Quoted post: You come out with crazy bull**** when you are serious, too.

I'm never serious online. Problem solved.

Posted by lanzer

See this new thing called "final smash" looks pretty neat.

Being able to move around while wildy firing the Super Scope will be a plus, too.

Posted by Zeta

Huh, I think I preferred it being stationary. =/

Then just stand still while using it like you have to in Melee. Makes it easier to stab you in the head.

Posted by PunkRock Sonic

what is the final smash? It stands out so much

Posted by O.T.L

the gooey bomb sound's like it'll be fun ! hot potato in a game while fighting !

that'll be some crazy fun there what is the release date for Brawl .?

can it go Wi Fi ..???

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;583365]I'm never serious online. Problem solved.

Ach, you're a sly one.

Posted by Alastor

[quote=Nintendo Galaxy, on SSB: Brawl]There are two available control methods, “Classic” and “Brawl.” Classic utilizes either a Gamecube controller or the Classic controller and plays much like previous entries in the series. Brawl utilizes the Wii Remote and Nunchuk attachment. Various attacks can be increased in strength by moving the Wii Remote in the direction of the attack. You can also add an extra jump when pressing up on the control stick and moving your Remote upwards. Unfortunately, these maneuvers felt tacked on.

http://www.n-galaxy.com/index.php?do=viewarticle&id=511

No idea how credible that is, especially since he said, "new character," and didn't say who it was. Anyway, curious.

Posted by Speedfreak

That whole article has been proven bull.

Posted by Alastor

Oh? Well, my bad then. Like I said, no idea how credible it is/was. Just stumbled upon it yesterday.

Where was it proven false?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Nintendo Galaxy is full of bull****. They've already claimed Sonic is confirmed for Brawl.

Quoted post: Huh, I think I preferred it being stationary. =/

Yeah, sounds pretty annoying when you have used against yourself... though otherwise fairly fun.

Quoted post:
what is the final smash? It stands out so much

A really big, powerful and flashy attack. We saw a couple of them in one of the trailers. And it probably stands out so much because they want everyone to immediately see it and run for it.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting The X: Nintendo Galaxy is full of bull****. They've already claimed Sonic is confirmed for Brawl.

The idea doesn't seem too far fetched, but confirming it does seem like BS.

Point taken.

Posted by Zeta

*******it. Another Japan Time, another lack of Halberd. :(

Cracker Launcher looks fun, though.

Shoulda launched crackers. love me some soda biscuits.

Yeah. Nintendo's going for the Dave Chapelle demographic with that one.

Posted by maian

Heh, Delfino Plaza's a stage.

...I thought that was cool until I learned it's another "Fly around and land" stage. :(

Seriously, **** that ****. ******* Japan Tiem always disappointing.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

E3 soon! That's when the real **** hits the fan.

It better be some sweet ****.

Posted by maian

wai, when's E3?

July 11th to 13th I think.

Posted by Dexter

Delfino Plaza shouldn't be a fly around level. If they want to get creative with the stage they should allow you to jump on Piantas and perform a huge jump from them like a trampoline or do something with the sun/shadow aspect of the area. Hopefully it will have the proper music, unlike the Mario Party 8 board with the same theme which doesn't contain the proper musical track.

Posted by Speedfreak

Wow, the Delfino stage looks beautiful.

Posted by Colonel

Quoting Dexter: Delfino Plaza shouldn't be a fly around level. If they want to get creative with the stage they should allow you to jump on Piantas and perform a huge jump from them like a trampoline or do something with the sun/shadow aspect of the area. Hopefully it will have the proper music, unlike the Mario Party 8 board with the same theme which doesn't contain the proper musical track.

I like the way you think, but I would also like to point out that the stage lands on the ground once and a while too. You might know this already though

Posted by maian

Quoting Colonel: I like the way you think, but I would also like to point out that the stage lands on the ground once and a while too. You might know this already though

Yeah, so did SSBM's F-Zero stage.

Wai-that stage sucked :(

Yeah, just get rid of the flying stuff. If they want to show off the stage, just do it before the match begins. I'd much rather it just be like the Castle level in SSBM.

Posted by O.T.L

thats no fair you arent gonna give any body else a disagree anybody else....are you....

Posted by O.T.L

hey hey .. sorry i wont do it agian.. just stop the rep lowering.....

Posted by Zeta

Quoting maian: Yeah, so did SSBM's F-Zero stage.

Wai-that stage sucked :(

Mute City was fine. Big Blue sucked giant hairy balls, though.

Posted by O.T.L

which one was that the one were you were one the big wiener and fighting.?

or the other one... there good stages ....just a little annoying when you die
cause you touched the road..

MAN, I HOPE THERE'S ANOTHER POKE FLOAT STAGE!

BETTER YET, FLAT ZONE!

Posted by maian

idk

I liked Pokefloats. :cool:

Rainbow Cruise, Icycle Mountain, and FlatZone however, gtfo :(

Rainbow Cruise was awwight in my books. Pokefloats wasn't horrible either, but I rarely played it. Icicle Mountain and Flat Zone however were just terrible. Flat Zone taking the cake as the worst SSB level ever.

Posted by O.T.L

flat zone which one was that ?

Posted by Linsey

Do you know which one had the pokemon stadium thing that rotated into different areas? Was it called pokemon stadium? .... It probably was... Super Smash comes out November 1st right?

Posted by Ant

did walmart.com tell you that? NO ONE KNOWS YET!

Posted by O.T.L

But wal-mart said..... never mind ......JP

..... i made a song..... about the Wii.... you know that snoop dogg/akon song

i wanna love you .... mines goes... i wanna W!! you already know i wanna Wii

Quoted post: flat zone which one was that ?

Game and Watch's level. It's the old-school looking, 2D level.

Posted by Zeta

That place was too ****ing small.

Posted by Alastor

I got bored today and was playing Tournament on Flat Zone. Killed a level 9 Captain Falcon twice in 17 seconds. Hit with any smash one time, then throw him to the side.

I never did like the maps where you can walk so far to the side that you die, such as Mushroom Kingdom II/Subcon.

Posted by Dexter

Pokefloats was the best stage. It best be there.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

HEY GUYS I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY NO ITEMS ON FINAL DESTINATION OVER NWFC, GONNA BE SOOOO MUCH FUN

Posted by Speedfreak

I loved Flat Zone, it was the ultimate sudden death stage. Pok

Posted by Bebop

I love Rainbow Road. Pokefloats is great too. Not a big fan of Hyrule Castle. Far too big.

Posted by maian

I love Hyrule Castle, but not the stage, only the cove, y'know, the underground thing. Any time we ever fight in Hyrule, it's reserved only for fighting in that area. It's great fun, because people can get to like, 400% and not die due to the ceiling. Pokefloats is good, but I really only like it on stock because that's the only time you can really experience the whole thing.

Posted by Alastor

Hyrule Castle: SSB
Hyrule Temple: SSBM

Big difference between the two. I was ****ed that Hyrule Castle didn't make it in as one of the Past Stages on Melee. Here's hoping it ninjas its way onto Brawl. :(

Posted by Zeta

I want Saffron City back. Random Pokemon popping out of that door was awesome. :(

Also, the Mushroom Kingdom stage needs the warp pipes it had in SSB.

Posted by Alastor

Saffron City was win, too. I should go play SSB again just to see the stages.

Character intros better return in SSBB. :mad:

Quoted post: I was ****ed that Hyrule Castle didn't make it in as one of the Past Stages on Melee. Here's hoping it ninjas its way onto Brawl.

Just about to say that. Easily my favourite level (beside Sector Z) from the original Smash. It was just big enough to have a lot of fun, but not massive enough to constantly run away like Hyrule Temple.

Also, Sector Z needs to come back. **** Corneria.

Posted by Zeta

Was there even any difference between Sector Z and Corneria besides the background?

Size of the stage and a couple other small differences.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Corneria allowed you to save yourself on the Great Fox's laser cannons, and Arwings actually attacked the stage instead of simply flying by.

I didn't mind the Arwings attacking you actually, I just liked Sector Z more. The size felt better.

Posted by Speedfreak

Eh, big levels suck for Smash Bros. I much prefer the Corneria sized version.

It wasn't that large though. It was quite a bit smaller than Hyrule Temple, but a bit bigger than Corneria. So it was just big enough without being annoying.

Posted by O.T.L

the star fox level ... was cool.... it was big ... on one on one fights...

we could fight for a long time and the anticipation would biuld up....

hyrule castle was my favorite thoug...... samus level....i didnt like it...

Posted by Zeta

wtf Brinstar kicks ***. :(

Posted by Ant

the SSBM Brinstar is really good IMO.

They're probably make some form of Hyrule temple or whatever, probably a smidge smaller.

Posted by Dexter

They should create a Paper Mario stage. That would give it a distinctive style from the others. The background would be like paper and as you fight the pages are turning, changing the background into different Paper Mario levels, like The Great Boggly Tree.

Posted by O.T.L

sorry i just didnt like that level..... thats a good idea about the paper mario level though..........I still think Lugia should be a controlled player........

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=oswaldothelegend;587203]sorry i just didnt like that level..... thats a good idea about the paper mario level though..........I still think Lugia should be a controlled player........

Definitely not. Now Lucario, on the other hand...

Posted by Zeta

I'd prefer less than 3 playable Pokemon.

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting The X: Definitely not. Now Lucario, on the other hand...

why lucario .....

Posted by Zeta

Because he was the big "mascot" for 4th gen.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

And it's a fighting type, pretty much suiting it perfectly to a fighting game.

Posted by Alastor

Lucario seems like a pretty logical choice. In the movie, he had a move a lot like Mewtwo's Shadow Ball. Lugia... no. Too big, flying, etc.

Posted by Ant

Well, pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Mewtwo(?) are all going to be in the next one for sure. So, I guess Lucario would be a good one to add in if they felt the need to add another pokemon to the fighting roster. But we can at least count on a ****load of the new ones from D&P to at least be in the pokeballs.

no more ****ing pokemon. Pikachu should be the only one in there.

Think Little Mac's got a chance?

Better than more ****ing pokeman

Posted by Alastor

Vamp DO NOT WANT 20 playable Pokemans in Brawl? :(

It's called Pokemon Battle whateverthe****itis. If you want fighting pokemon, buy that.

Posted by Alastor

Battle Revolution.

wait i mean BATTLE WIIIIIIIIIIII

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Hey guys check out my Battle Wii. :o

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;587219]no more ****ing pokemon. Pikachu should be the only one in there.

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;587626]Better than more ****ing pokeman

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;587646]It's called Pokemon Battle whateverthe****itis. If you want fighting pokemon, buy that.

BITTER ARE WE?

Posted by O.T.L

yeah lucario, would be a good character.... but just picture using an aero blast on the opponent, that would look cool ... thats what i keep imagining

Posted by Dexter

I'd choose a Nintendog over another Pokemon.

Posted by Bebop

I don't mind Pokemon if they are good characters. Pichu was a stupid clone and Mewtwo was just lame although a good pokemon to linclude. Hitmonchamp and Hitmonlee would be nice touches.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

New arrangement of Yoshi's Story ending. ;_;

THEEEEEE EEEEEENDDDDDDDDO ~

Pokemon Battle Revolution is all well and good, but it's turn-based. That's good for when you want to have battles true to the original games, but sometimes I want real-time action battles with my favorite pocket monsters, too.

Quoted post: BITTER ARE WE?

Wait, what would I be bitter over?

Posted by O.T.L

goku would be clean too ! with an attack that transforms him super saiyin..

say down B like shiek...

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

No Goku. That would be so very horrible.

RAITO-KUN~ on the other hand...

Posted by Alastor

Quoting oswaldothelegend: goku would be clean too ! with an attack that transforms him super saiyin..

say down B like shiek...

...No. Just... no.

Posted by O.T.L

why not , no one likes my ideas......anyone agree ?
heres another idea......

a ninja turtle, say the one with two swords ???

Posted by Alastor

No one likes them because 1) Lugia is too big, and couldn't possibly fit in equally with other fighters, 2) GOKU'S POWER LEVEL IS OMG OFF THE CHARTS, 3) anime characters =/= third party video game characters, regardless of how many ****ty games said anime has had.

Who ever said they had to be video game characters? If any anime character could appear in Brawl, though, my vote would go to Captain Harlock. I suppose he could mostly have Fox's moves, except that the Cosmo Dragoon pistol is somewhat more powerful than Fox's blaster. By "somewhat," of course I mean an inestimable sum.

Posted by Zeta

****, now I want to play Yishi's Story. :(

CURSE YOU, JAPAN TIME!

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Prince Shondronai: Who ever said they had to be video game characters?

No one, I guess, but the odds are VERY slim.

In before someone mentions Snake.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[CENTER][SIZE=5]-Newcomer-[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5][SIZE=7]SNAKE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[/CENTER]
[SIZE=5]
SHOW TIME-U~ !!

[/SIZE]

Posted by Zeta

Snake? Snake!? SNAAAAAAAAAAAKE!

Posted by Alastor

In AFTER someone mentions Snake.

No ****ing dragon ballz. See, Pokemon makes sense because that franchise is still amazingly popular and it's owned by Nintendo. But DBZ? Who cares about that stuff anymore? Just go play the tens of other DBZ fighters.

Posted by Bebop

Size of a character has never had an impact on Smash Bros so saying character A cants be in it because they are too big/small is pointless. Kirby is 8 inches tall!

Except Lugia is huge. Remember him from the pokemon balls in SSBM? He's a pretty large target.

Posted by Alastor

Everyone else must be pretty **** short, too.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Except Lugia is huge. Remember him from the pokemon balls in SSBM? He's a pretty large target.

Right and Kirby is supposadly only 8 inches tall yet stands almost as high as Mario in the game. Why are you having trouble understanding this?

Posted by Zeta

There's never been a human in the Kirby games to do a size comparision. People know Lugia as a ****ing huge beast due to the movies and anime and stuff, and seeing its size halved or even quartered would just be weird.

Posted by maian

or they could just stop throwing in pokemon as playable characters

yeah

Cyborg Ninja/Gray Fox would be the fecking most badical character. Ever.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Zeta: There's never been a human in the Kirby games to do a size comparision. People know Lugia as a ****ing huge beast due to the movies and anime and stuff, and seeing its size halved or even quartered would just be weird.

8 inches on Earth is still 8 inches on Kirby's planet. This idea that the Smash Team dont give a **** about accurate character sizes is not a hard thing to grasp.

Posted by Alastor

So you think it's probable that they would shrink an enormous, flying character and make it playable?

Posted by s0ul

Neither is saying that scaled Lugia would be awkward and stupid.

edit: how is it that i am always ninja'd?

Posted by Zeta

How would Lugia get around anyways? It doesn't look like it's made for walking/running.

Posted by O.T.L

it could glide around , I'm talkin about a small Lugia not a huge one one the size of link or bowser.......so what about a ninja turtle ??? the one with two swords the blue one.....?

Posted by maian

lol

Posted by O.T.L

whats so funny ? my ninja turtle idea ?

Posted by Ant

I agree with maian. After really thinking about a ninja turtle in smash I actually Lol'd.

Posted by O.T.L

hee hee ... so my idea was that much of a joke.....I havent even told ya'll about...my vespiquen idea...... ... .... .. na just playin..

Posted by Alastor

Quoting oswaldothelegend: I'm talkin about a small Lugia not a huge one one the size of link or bowser

Lugia's just over 17 feet tall. I wouldn't call that small.

Posted by O.T.L

i know but just make one down to size .. that would be freeking impossible to play. lugia would not even move and get hit by all players on the screen ..while their all in diffrent locations....kinda like GIANT DONKEYKONG
that be too hard to play... just a small lugia like a baby one ...

Posted by s0ul

NOT CANON

Posted by Zeta

lol legendaries can't have babies.

Posted by Alastor

Although there was a baby Lugia in the anime. :s

One of the episodes, though. Not the movie.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Alastor: So you think it's probable that they would shrink an enormous, flying character and make it playable?

Considering they enlarged a very tiny character it's not far fetched.

But I don't think Luigia has a big chance of being playable anyway.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;588155]Wait, what would I be bitter over?

Fuck knows, that's why I'm asking. You appear to be very resentful for any Pok

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Pok

Posted by Alastor

On two of the Delfino Isle screenshots he's using it, while on the first stage they shown (in the original trailer, there was a screenshot with Fox on it), he's not. An update for Fox?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I also noticed they ditched the platforms on Pok

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=The X;588607]I also noticed they ditched the platforms on Pok

Too bad they didn't replace Goldeen with Magikarp, though maybe it'll be added as another useless pokemon type.

Posted by Bebop

Magikarp would have been much better! I'm still confused why they didn't have him from the start.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting oswaldothelegend: whats so funny ? my ninja turtle idea ?

Not as funny as it is depressing. You'd suggest a Turtle and not know of their names. That's so awful.

Super Smash needs better female fighters. None of them are really that good.

Samus has always been a solid character, I thought, Dexter. Her new Zero Suit form looks to add new dimensions of speed, range, and unpredictability to her style, too.

One of the female characters from Fire Emblem would be welcome, though, to replace Roy. I also wonder if Crystal from the recent Star Fox games will be in the game.

Posted by S

Quoting Dexter: Not as funny as it is depressing. You'd suggest a Turtle and not know of their names. That's so awful.

Super Smash needs better female fighters. None of them are really that good.

Zelda is high-tier if I'm not mistaken, and so is Peach. Peach has unsurpassed survivability, equal only by maybe Samus. Peach is probably one of the most common faces at Tournaments, next to Fox, Zelda and Falco. Samus isn't quite as high tier but still really strong. So I don't know where you got that from.

I'd agree they need more though.

PS:
Blue = Leonardo, Dual swords.
Purple = Donatello, Bo staff.
Orange = Michaelangelo, Nunchaku.
Red = Raphael, Twin Sai.

Posted by Dexter

Krystal*

She would be most welcomed in my book. In fact, if I got to choose just one character, she would be the one, preferably dressed in her Dinosaur Planet attire.

And I somehow forgot about Samus. I was never really good while using her, but I've seen some talented players use her.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Lunairetic;588679][COLOR=black]Zelda is high-tier if I'm not mistaken, and so is Peach. Peach has unsurpassed survivability, equal only by maybe Samus. Peach is probably one of the most common faces at Tournaments, next to Fox, Zelda and Falco. Samus isn't quite as high tier but still really strong. So I don't know where you got that from.

I'd agree they need more though.

PS:
Blue = Leonardo, Dual swords.
Purple = Donatello, Bo staff.
Orange = Michaelangelo, Nunchaku.
Red = Raphael, Twin Sai.[/COLOR]

Zelda is low tier. Shiek is high tier.

Posted by S

Quoting The X: Zelda is low tier. Shiek is high tier.

That was implied, I thought.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Two different characters, on a competitive level.

Posted by S

Quoting The X: Two different characters, on a competitive level.

That may be true but Shiek does use Zelda for recovery at times, so they are inherently tied none-the-less.

Posted by Zeta

Maybe they'll finally give Goldeen like a small chance of using Horn Drill and OHKOing the opponent. LIKE IN THE POKEYMAN GAMES!

Posted by Bebop

Sami from Advance Wars would be a great female charadcter. In any case someone from Advance Wars has to be in it!

Quoted post: That may be true but Shiek does use Zelda for recovery at times, so they are inherently tied none-the-less.

So? She's still low-tier. They're two different characters.

Quoted post:

Maybe they'll finally give Goldeen like a small chance of using Horn Drill and OHKOing the opponent. LIKE IN THE POKEYMAN GAMES!

Certainly doesn't seem like it.

Posted by Bebop

That would be quite lol. Someone would walk past Goldeen thinking she's not going to do an- OMGHORNDRILLKOMUTH****A****YEAHGOLDEEEEEEEENNNNN!!!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

What I really want to see is tourneytards actually implementing items in dem pr0 gamezzz. They're crucial to the game, ffs!

Posted by Bebop

What?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Tournament players turn off all items when playing professionally. I think it would be more a reflection of their Smash Brothers skill if they didn't.

Posted by Dexter

Part of the skill comes from acquiring the items. Also using them, for their purpose or as a distraction. Not to mention it often forces the players to come into close combat. Items are good.

Posted by Zeta

tourneytards haet unpredictability.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting The X: Tournament players turn off all items when playing professionally. I think it would be more a reflection of their Smash Brothers skill if they didn't.

I agree. Knowing when and how to use an item is important. Mines are always great fun.

Posted by Dexter

Should be prepared for anything. Predictability is a quality that should not be expected.

I always enjoy throwing a fan at someone, catching it and repeating until the person dies. Or the star rod, that works well too. Or even catching a thrown bomb and throwing it back. That's where half the fun comes from.

Posted by Bebop

I just get the fan and slap the hell out of them so they can't move while everytime screaming my Smash Bros battle cry "I'M YOUR BIGGEST FAN!"

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Bebop: I just get the fan and slap the hell out of them so they can't move while everytime screaming my Smash Bros battle cry "I'M YOUR BIGGEST FAN!"

I get it!

Wait...

Yeah, I get it.

I think.

Posted by Speedfreak

When Smash is treated as a sport the items should be turned off. Sports should have as little random factors as possible, and with items that can be definate KOs that goes double for Smash.

Posted by maian

meh I guess

but items are certainly much, much more fun. :)

AND IN MORE RECENT NEWS, YOU SHOULD RECOVER WHEN YOU'RE SENT FLYING LOLOL

Posted by Senator Ramen

So uh, who here can WAVEDASH?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Me. Not to the point I can do it without thought though.

WHY IS RECOVERING A NEW JAPANU TIMESU? ****, what a waste of a day. Also, is it just me, or does Mario's upb seem huge now.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;589354]WHY IS RECOVERING A NEW JAPANU TIMESU? ****, what a waste of a day. Also, is it just me, or does Mario's upb seem huge now.
I noticed that too. Either it was a continuity error, or they've decided Mario needs to be beefed up to compete with high-tiers.

New screen shots is new screen shots, I say. Remember that the site isn't there just to satisfy our craving for news on the game, but also to inform everyone about the game in general. Eventually, everything that's in the game's manual on "How to Play" will be posted to the site, so stuff that's common sense to us will be in the updates, too.

Don't care. ****ing Japan Tiem disappoints again.

Posted by Zeta

Holy ****, you can recover from being knocked off the platform? I wasn't aware of this.

Posted by Bebop

Yes. You do a mid air jump then Up and B. Did you honestly not know this?

Posted by maian

well I didn't

I'M GONNA GO PRACTICE IN MELEE RIGHT NOW

...You can recover in melee, right? Anyway new page sucks again wtflol

Quoted post: well I didn't

I'M GONNA GO PRACTICE IN MELEE RIGHT NOW

...You can recover in melee, right? Anyway new page sucks again wtflol

Quoted post:
Holy ****, you can recover from being knocked off the platform? I wasn't aware of this.

This better ****ing be sarcasm from the both of you.

Posted by Zeta

I'd say it's pretty ****ing obvious that it is. No one should even be questioning the sarcasm.

Posted by Blood-Katana

Quoting Zeta: Holy ****, you can recover from being knocked off the platform? I wasn't aware of this.

wow...one word....N00B

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Blood-Katana: wow...one word....N00B

wow...one word...SARCASM

Posted by Dexter

Oh, man, never call someone a noob on your first post. Don't even do that on your first day!

Posted by Alastor

Yeah, that can turn out badly.

Although, it wouldn't hurt for vBulletin to get some [sarcasm] tags. Maybe make your text flash loud and obnoxious colors. Serious business.

Posted by Blood-Katana

thanks for the warning.....

Posted by Colonel

SWEEET!

Four kinds of controling was just released today. You can play with the Wiimote and nunchuck, Wiimote (Sideways), Nintendo Classic Controller and finally the Gamecube controller.

I have a classic controller and I'll try using that first but I think I might end up changing to a gamecube controller.

Posted by Speedfreak

It's gonna be nunchuck or GC controller for me, I require rumble and analog sticks.

I'll be using good ol' Cube controllers, meself. I stocked up before stores started selling out of them, so I've got a couple of fresh ones.

Posted by Zeta

I'll be sticking with the GCN controller. Why bother adapting to another control cheme when the one I'm accustomed to is available?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

sup wavebird

Posted by Pit

hahaha, i'm gonna **** all you guys up with Pit. See yall online now.

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting Zeta: I'll be sticking with the GCN controller. Why bother adapting to another control cheme when the one I'm accustomed to is available?

yeah I'm going to do the same thing. cant wait to use Link.

Posted by Pit

I mean **** everyone up with myself, cause I'm Pit.

Posted by TwilightPhoenix0402

I think that they should put Oni Link on brawl

Posted by Dexter

I thought I would use the GCN controller, but I did that with Mortal Kombat: Armageddon the other day and than I went to the Wiimote/Nunchuk and it was way better that way. Some of the special moves were way easier to perform using the motion instead of the buttons. It makes imagining using the Wiimote for Smash a whole lot easier and convincing.

Posted by O.T.L

Link all the way !

Posted by Bebop

Glad to know the game supports the Wii controllers. They'll have to be something special to pry me away from the perfect GC controller scheme though.

Posted by O.T.L

yeah its pretty perfect.

Relearn controls when I don't have to? No thanks.

Posted by O.T.L

still it could be fun to try...wouldnt hurt. or would it ?

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Relearn controls when I don't have to? No thanks.

They could be better for all you know. Not a positive attitude. Try to be more open minded Vamp you silly grouch :)

Posted by Speedfreak

Remote + nunchuk will probably be buttons only, there's easily enough buttons on the combo to not need motion control. A remote + nunchuk is way more comfortable than any pad ever made anyway.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Speedfreak;590588]Remote + nunchuk will probably be buttons only, there's easily enough buttons on the combo to not need motion control. A remote + nunchuk is way more comfortable than any pad ever made anyway.
When it comes to motion-based games, no way. I don't like having to keep my hands slightly elevated the whole time.

Posted by Speedfreak

...good thing you don't need to for any motion-based game 0_o

Not that the nunchuk combo for Smash bros would have motion control anyway.

The Yoshi's Island stage looks really good. Can't wait to see it in motion.

Posted by Zeta

Tonights Japan Time: Ridley fight remix **** YEAH!

Huh, for a second I thought the smash bros site was down, then I realised I typed "japantime" in instead. Anywho, the music remains awesome.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Every piece of music in this game is going to be outstanding win.

Posted by maian

But I'm seriously hoping for not another Brinstar Depths. :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Brinstar Depths was awful. AWFUL

Posted by Zeta

**** you guys, I liked Brinstar Depths. Best changing stage, IMO.

Posted by Drewboy64

Yeah, I liked Brinstar Depths too.

*Also likes Brinstar Depths*
I almost lost the first battle that I fought on it, because I was totally blown away by how awesome it was.

I wonder what role Ridley himself will play in the new Metroid stage. If his theme music is in the game, I assume he'll be messing with the stage much like Kraid was in the aformentioned Brinstar Depths.

Posted by maian

Well, I dunno. I'd like to tell myself I hate Brinstar Depths, but looking back, it's a really fun stage to play on. If I'm just playing UBAR 1337 SKILLZ match, or something that's mildly serious, depths sucks. But I do enjoy it a lot, especially taking advantage of the floating islands. :-*

HEY GUYS, NEW UPDATE...

CRATES AND BARRELS

Actually, it's pretty cool. Changing crates to fit the stage, whether metal, present-looking, etc. Neat.

Posted by Zeta

Sliding crates... I don't know whether to like this or not.

I like it, especially since you can apparently sit atop them.

Posted by Alastor

Yeah, I lol'd at the Pikachu riding on top of it. :s

Posted by Ant

you are easily entertained.

uh...anyways. idk. the sliding box crates seems like a bit much. hopefully it won't be too much of an annoyance.

What's the difference between a rolling barrel and a sliding crate? It's not exactly new to the franchise.

Posted by Ant

I know, there used to be a key difference between the two; which was a good thing!

There's still a difference. YOU CAN RIDE THE CRATE

I'm just saying I can't see how this could possibly be annoying. how does i jump?

Posted by Ant

I can imagine it already. Losing countless battles because of the ****ing crate bumping into me...a dark day for smash bros indeed.

6/14/07. nevar forget

Actually, riding a crate down a hill, only to have it blow up in your face could be kinda annoying. Though oddly hilarious if it's not happening to you.

Posted by TendoAddict

Bah I dont see riding crates being used that much. I mean come on, its not brain surgery to jump over it. Still like the various designs though.

Posted by maian

The only thing that would annoy me about it is if I tried to throw a crate, expecting it to blow up, then it starts sliding instead. :(

Anyway, I'm not really complaining. It'll make things more interesting.

Posted by Zeta

Do not want crates to just slide off the battlefield. I've lost too many barrels and Mr. Freezies that way. :(

Posted by Alastor

From a fun-only standpoint, I love it. Items provide some of the biggest laughs when I'm playing with friends, and this is an excellent twist. Tourneyfags won't use ANY items, so it makes no difference to them. Riding one down a hill only to have it hit someone, explode, and kill both of you just seems like a good thing if you're playing with friends. Solo, I can see how it'd get annoying, though.

Posted by Bebop

The barrel and crates update is sweet.

Posted by Zeta

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/Kvar/samusbrawl.jpg[/IMG]

Does this look awesome? [Y/Y]

Posted by Ant

I just like the conflicting location with Samus there.

other than that...woo.

All right, so she just looks bad in that picture, because the rest look a lot better.

I know I've always wanted to take Samus to an exotic tropical resort.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[IMG]http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/samus/samus_070615d-l.jpg[/IMG]

hey guise wii graphx sux k lol

Ah, haha, yeah, Samus still doesn't look that great, dude. SSBB looks good, but it's not comparable to an AAA or even an A title from PS360. Wii graphics still suck.

Also, can we combine the two current Smash topics, or at least close the Smash board thread? There's really no point in having two identical threads, especially since it's causing the discussion to be split at times.

Posted by Speedfreak

Hey, no Xbox or PS3 game has graphics comparable to Crysis or other future PC games. Guess those graphics "suck" too.

In after graphics whores that don't even own PCs.

Haha, aww nice logic but it doesn't quite work that way. The PC is the PC, it'll always be superior in terms of graphics. But even then, there's not a massive jump between Crysis and games like GRAW2, Gears and the upcoming CoD4. Those game still look excellent. But look at Twilight Princess or any other current Wii game. None of them look better than a GameCube game, none actually look better than Black or *** of War for the PS2. They just don't look good. Current 360 games may not be up to Crysis' standards, but then again no other game exists that is. That still doesn't mean they don't look good.

But hey, Paper Mario, Wind Waker, and Okami still look amazing.

Posted by O.T.L

i think the Wii has good graphics , besides you dont need amazing graphics thats just a bonus. i still have a lot of fun playing the original smash bros...
SS is easily one of the best games ever created in my opinion.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;603464]Haha, aww nice logic but it doesn't quite work that way. The PC is the PC, it'll always be superior in terms of graphics.

And? 360 will always be superior in terms of graphics compared to Wii. If Wii graphics suck because they aren't as good as 360 then 360 graphics suck because they aren't as good as PC.

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;603464]But even then, there's not a massive jump between Crysis and games like GRAW2, Gears and the upcoming CoD4.

The sheer amount of effects that are in Crysis that aren't in any of those games is mind-boggling. I'm stunned that you think those games look like anything approaching Crysis, so I'm going to assume you've only seen the couple of screenshots I've posted here. At work we have 42inch plasmas running HD trailers of Crysis, COD4, Half-Life 2 Episode 2 etc, the opinion that Crysis is in an entirely different league from the other games is literally unanimous.

There's a youtube trailer here, but obviously an HD version on IGN or something would make all the difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRu_KzfYKWs

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;603464]Those game still look excellent. But look at Twilight Princess or any other current Wii game. None of them look better than a GameCube game

Twilight Princess is a Gamecube game. Every other Wii game out is either from companies who had no experience programming for GC whatsoever or from teams who do have experience with Gamecube and have made games that look better on Wii than their GC counterparts, case in point Mario Strikers.

There are a lot of games coming out for Wii with far far better graphics than GC. I know this and you know this, so I have no idea why you keep bringing up current games from companies that don't know what the hell they're doing when this whole arguement is based on a 1st party game that isn't out yet among other 1st party games that aren't out yet that all have great graphics.

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;603464], none actually look better than Black or *** of War for the PS2. They just don't look good.

Sure, if you like low polygon counts and 4-bit textures (that's a whole 16 colours, folks!).

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;603464]Current 360 games may not be up to Crysis' standards, but then again no other game exists that is. That still doesn't mean they don't look good.

Current Wii games might not be up to Gears of War's standards, but then no other game that has been released is. Still doesn't mean they don't look good.

In case you're not sure of my actual position, I think Wii games look great, and believe that anything pleasing to the eye is good graphics. There's nothing hideous about Brawl's graphics, all the models are high poly, all the textures are sharp, the draw distances are huge and the effects are pretty. It looks nice, therefore it has good graphics.

Quoted post: i think the Wii has good graphics , besides you dont need amazing graphics thats just a bonus. i still have a lot of fun playing the original smash bros...
SS is easily one of the best games ever created in my opinion.

Exactly. I'm not saying Smash is bad, not even close, I'm just saying it doesn't look great. Not that I expected it to. Unfortunately, the Wii lineup at this point is pretty slim in terms of great games, but that should change hopefully this fall.

Quoted post: And? 360 will always be superior in terms of graphics compared to Wii. If Wii graphics suck because they aren't as good as 360 then 360 graphics suck because they aren't as good as PC.

Uh, haha, no. No. I really have no idea why you feel the need to defend the Wii's graphics. They don't matter, dude. As long as the Wii starts pumping out good games, who gives a ****? If the rest of your post is like the above quote, I'm glad I stopped reading.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Also, can we combine the two current Smash topics, or at least close the Smash board thread? There's really no point in having two identical threads, especially since it's causing the discussion to be split at times.

Doesn't matter to me, but the one in the Smash board hasn't derailed from the actual news of the game to a WHOA GRAPHIX debate. :cool:

Not my fault Speedfreak wants to be a ***** about an off-the-cuff comment I made. :(

Posted by Speedfreak

Massive tirade? My first comment was basically "I disagree" with a 4chan meme after it, literally a single sentence. He was the first person to post an entire paragraph.

Personally, I don't think it was an off-the-cuff remark because it isn't isolated to this one thread. It seems lately you just never stop b[COLOR=lightgreen]i[/COLOR]tching about the tiniest s[COLOR=lightgreen]h[/COLOR]it about Wii.

Also, my pretty long post was intended as sort of a rebuttle for everyone else that posts that same comment. I'm sick of hearing it because it makes no sense. Sorta like when Gears fanboys say Wii isn't a hardcore system when I'm sitting here playing my 50-hour RPG and their "hardcore game" lasted a measly 8 hours, and they're looking forward to a pretty casual game like Halo 3 and I care more about a much harder, more inaccessible game like Metroid. The constant crap from insecure adult males is really quite tiresome.

Yeah, don't multi-quote this. I don't read multi-quote posts. Protip get.

Quoted post: Personally, I don't think it was an off-the-cuff remark because it isn't isolated to this one thread. It seems lately you just never stop *****ing about the tiniest **** about Wii.

Nah, it was off-the-cuff. I guess I say it so often I don't even think about it anymore. Oh, and the Wii is a casual system. It doesn't matter that it was a handful of games that are long-winded and hardcore, because it's still a system aimed at a completely different type of gamer. It is, and always will be, a casual system. However, a few "hardcore" games are to be expected, obviously.

Also, Crysis doesn't make Gears look bad. Gears will always look good until a couple generations or massive leaps in technology render it ugly (what's up, OoT, Goldeneye.) Your logic makes no sense. I know you're trying to be cute and clever by using my own logic against me, but sorry that's not how it works. Galaxy and Smash look good, but not great. And in general, Wii games look subpar. We're not even seeing anything beyond or even at the level of a GameCube in more titles. That's going to change (once developers get used to six year old technology!,) but that doesn't stop the Wii from having ****ty graphics at this point in time.

As I said, who ****ing cares. Tenchu Z is on par with a first generation Xbox game and I'm having way more fun with it than Gears.

Posted by Klarth

MY VIDEO GAME'S GRAPHICS ARE BETTER THAN YOUR VIDEO GAME'S GRAPHICS

Pikachu's final smash looks pretty good.

Posted by Zeta

Volt Tackle? Where the **** is Pulseman? :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Should have been Zap Cannon.

Posted by Klarth

splash

Posted by Alastor

I called Volt Tackle for Pikachu a week or two ago, but I thought it'd perform more like a cross between Skull Bash and Mario's final smash. :(

Like you shoot across the battlefield, ala Skull Bash, surrounded by this massive wave of electricity, much like Mario's fire.

This is better. Controlling it sounds more fun.

Posted by Zeta

Man, if I ever play as Pikachu I'm going to yell "VOLTECCER!" during his final smash.

Posted by PunkRock Sonic

Donkey kongs final smash can be when hit hits the ground really hard, but is he gonna be in the game, he does suck for one thing

Posted by Dark Link

Tonight's update introduced Wario finally <_<
But that's nothing new...kinda

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[IMG]http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/wario/wario_070620d.jpg[/IMG]

WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA

Posted by Colonel

^ Hey WTF that's my display picture caption.

Wakka Wakka

Nuclear Farts FTW!

They're getting closer and closer to having all of the characters we know about on the site. It's only a matter of time before they have no choice but to show some new/updated characters.

Posted by Zeta

No, they'll save those for E3 or whatever big gaming thing is up next. We'll just keep getting 2 of a character's B moves a day or something.

Posted by maian

Quoting Zeta: No, they'll save those for E3 or whatever big gaming thing is up next. We'll just keep getting 2 of a character's B moves a day or something.

IMPOSSIBLE

ohwai-

so gaiz, foxcan use a blaster and reflector! WOWZ!

Posted by Arcadios

[IMG]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t301/ArcadiosZero/Random/1182454293738.png[/IMG]
Next Update: 2 Guns

Posted by nich

so since Fox's gun now operates like falco's, who thinks Falco is out? I do.

Posted by Zeta

It's not like Falco's. It's exactly the same as it was in Melee.

Posted by nich

Hmm. So it does. I retract my previous statement.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Man, the fact Fox's gun can KO steal like a ***** is one of the reasons I play stock.

Posted by Zeta

People play other modes other than stock?!

Posted by Dexter

Time play is popular with a lot of people. I can tolerate it, but I certainly wouldn't choose it.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Does anyone find it odd that if your playing as a pokemon in SS, you can use pokeballs? (just a general logistic question)

Mewtwo is the master of pokemans, and he himself is a pokeman, so he can use pokeballs. Therefore, logic dictates, jigglypuff is also a master of pokemans. Nothing odd there.

Also, anything other than stock sucks. Though time is fun for sudden death if it occurs.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Mewtwo is the master of pokemans, and he himself is a pokeman, so he can use pokeballs. Therefore, logic dictates, jigglypuff is also a master of pokemans. Nothing odd there.

Whoa!!! Mewtwo = Jigglypuff !?!?! But Mewtwo is a master of all pokemon, thus, Jigglypuff would be lesser that of Mewtwo in that reference. Unless...Jigglypuff isn't really a pokemon, but then why does a pokeball catch him otherwise? Wait, I'm way off track.

Maybe this could explain it. The pokemone in SSB are clones with inhanced inteligence inorder to use Pokeballs. That works for me atleast.

Ok, Well, I feel better now.

Oh gees, new level is pretty.

Posted by Zeta

Atmosphere entry looks pretty ****ing awesome.

Posted by Alastor

How are they breathing? And why is there gravity? :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE

I like the looks of this. Shame there's no Great Fox.

Posted by Ant

past stages get.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Hopefully, but in Melee, all the past stages were ****. :(

Posted by Ant

shut up

Posted by maian

GREAT FOX WILL RETURN.

I vote if it comes back as past stage, it returns as Sector Z. ;o

I love playing time with my friends. If we're really playing to see who's better, we'll definitely play with stock. But we love playing "random battles", in which you're a random character every match, with a random stage, and all items on very high with two minute matches. It doesn't test skill very much, but it's so fun that I'd rather have those matches over anything now. Time is really fun for the more SSB feel of spontineity, especially when one player think's he's won but hasn't, or if it moves into sudden death.

Quoted post: I like the looks of this. Shame there's no Great Fox.

Yeah, because there's really not going to be a Great Fox map. Come on. This level is just replacing Venom if anything.

Posted by Speedfreak

Yeah, except it's 4 million times cooler and far better laid out.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Is it just me, or does Wario look like Nelson from The Simspons?

It's just you.

Posted by Ant

you copy pasted this in the wrong thread.

Posted by Linkman

Closed.

Post any further SSBB news here: http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=23135

Dark Link: Your 'Zelda Revealed' post was moved into that thread.

Posted by Speedfreak

Wtf? No.

Both threads are valid. This thread doesn't HAVE to be in the Smash board. It's one of the biggest Wii games of the year so it's entirely relevent to this board. This thread is bigger anyway, why force everyone in here to go into a board they don't usually go into? They've clearly made this thread their choice.

We move/close/merge threads for the benefit of the members, not to make our jobs easier. This stays opened.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Still belongs in Smash discussion, you lazy ****er.

Plus, the discussion's moved on now.

Posted by Speedfreak

It belongs in both.

Posted by UncleYaris

[COLOR=White]will the new smash bros be playable with the nunchucks or will u need the controller? i honestly cant see the game played properly without the nunchunks though

Speedfreak: Choose a more visible font colour in future please.
[/COLOR]

Posted by Speedfreak

The game supports the Wii Remote, Wii Remote + Nunchuck, Gamecube controller and classic controller.

Posted by UncleYaris

ok, sry bout the colour thing

i just cant possibly see how the game can be played with the nunchucks though. escpecially with thier lack of controll at times

Posted by Speedfreak

The nuchuk and Wii remote have enough buttons on them to use the standard control scheme. Recent games have also proven that the nunchuk doesn't have any control issues.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Speedfreak: This thread doesn't HAVE to be in the Smash board. It's one of the biggest Wii games of the year so it's entirely relevent to this board.

Perhaps, but aren't threads like these the reason the Game Series section exists?

And as for that "benefit of the members" remark, people wouldn't shut up about it. Merging it would make a mess, so that's why he locked it.

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERGE or close at least the other one if you want to keep this one open. If you have one the other isn't valid... at all, since it's the exact same thread.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

I heard today that Sonic, Tails and Knuckles were going to be in it and it's coming out the same day as Halo 3.

Confirmation anyone?

Nope.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Nope.

Thought so, thanks for confirming.

Posted by Colonel

:eek: A motorcycle? For real?

Posted by cyberclash

well a fart attack is pretty cliche, for lack of better of word but im sure still be fun and humorious

How is that cliche? I can't think of the last fighting game that had a fart as an attack, especially one of nuclear-blast proportions.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Gon With The Wind in Tekken.

Haha, oh wow. Still doesn't make it cliched though.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[IMG]http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/6269/1183187419551sb1.jpg[/IMG]

earth is ****ed

Posted by s0ul

some of the pixels, seen shoops in my day, etc etc

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting The X: [IMG]http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/6269/1183187419551sb1.jpg[/IMG]

earth is ****ed

If only.

Posted by Klarth

Okay, so Assist Trophies are basically Pok

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

SHOW YA MOVES!

Posted by Bebop

Its gay Samurai Goro isnt playable. The roster needs more F Zero people.

Posted by Klarth

Maybe we'll get Black Shadow. Or Leon! He's my fursona. =o

Posted by Colonel

Bowser looks pretty detailed this time around, but he's attacks arn't much diffrent from those of Melee. Same ol' same ol'.

His face looks like it's sewn out of felt. :cookie:

Posted by Zeta

Eh, it looks like his forward B attack has more range.

Posted by Colonel

true.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Colonel;615780]true.
Thanks for that valuable contribution.

Posted by Linko_16

[QUOTE=netman;615111]Okay, so Assist Trophies are basically Pok

They certainly do add new depth to the concept. Now, I wonder if there will be unlockable assist trophies, or if all the trophies in the game will be available from the beginning.

I bet a couple will be unlockable, like Mew and Celebi were in Melee.

Posted by Degeneration

Giga Bowser is back! RAAAAGH CRUSH KILL DESTROY

Posted by Colonel

ZOMG!!!!! XTFU!!!!!!

GIGA BOWSER!!!!!!!!!!!!

DISTRUCTION!

Posted by Colonel

Little mini smash lesson?

.......cool I guess, although it could be found out easily on its own.

Posted by Klarth

New arena looks amazing

**** yez! Bezt Zelda arena evr.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Whoa! Just like the original game!

Nyeh. The stage is pretty, but I don't know how much fun it'll be to play on.

Posted by nich

I am seriously unimpressed by the layout of the stages in this game, very boring.

Posted by TendoAddict

That stage has a lot of serious sh!t going on. But I wonder how far appart these bombings and rammings are. Too little thens its flat and boring , too much and we get ice climers again. It could make or break the stage.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting nich: I am seriously unimpressed by the layout of the stages in this game, very boring.

Seconded. The layouts just don't seem as good as Melee's stages.

of the five stages they've showed us... I honestly don't notice any difference. They either have the three platforms, they fly around, look like past Melee stages or are completely flat. And that's five of, what, twenty plus levels?

I really like Lylat Cruise and Yoshi's Island. I don't like stages that move around, so Delfino Plaza will most likely be disabled on my game at my first opportunity to do so. Battlefield should be pretty good, and Bridge of Eldin will be okay, I'm sure, but thus far there hasn't been a really dynamic new stage announced. I don't think these have even scratched the surface of what we're going to get in the finished game, though, so I'm fine with it.

Posted by lanzer

guess they finally annouced the release date! plus a little movie.

Posted by Colonel

December 3rd baby!!

EDIT: I just noticed that DK was announced also. He looks rather detailed.

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: of the five stages they've showed us... I honestly don't notice any difference. They either have the three platforms, they fly around, look like past Melee stages or are completely flat. And that's five of, what, twenty plus levels?

Yup, five of twenty plus. Meaning most of them will probably be more unique.

Posted by Bebop

Animal Crossing stage. Get in! Hopefully some AC characters are playable.

I love that Animal Crossing stage, yeah. Playable Animal Crossing characters? My vote is for a generic one to be available unless...you insert your GAMECUBE memory card with your Animal Crossing save on it, and then it uses whatever your character looks like on your save. With all of the other crazy stuff they're doing for this game, I wouldn't rule it out.

Posted by TendoAddict

Lol, every friday at 8pm theirs a show. Now thats classic. Theres gotta be some reward for hitting the date on time.

Posted by Bebop

Saturday evening Addict.

Resetti would be excellent. He loves that pick.

Posted by Speedfreak

Love that Starfox stage music, I wish they'd remix more of the SNES game's music.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Deoxys, huh? That Hyper Beam reminds me a lot of Ho-Oh's attack.

Posted by Linko_16

Oh, great, I was afraid of this. Looks like there is a Varia Suit/Zero Suit transformation when Samus fires her final smash. I was hoping that was just a gag for the trailer.

I prefer to have more control over what character I'm using. It worked with Zelda and Shiek since I could change back and forth whenever I want, but it'll be annoying to get a final smash if I still wanted to use Varia Suit Samus.

Zero Suit Samus better RAWK.

EDIT - I'd also like to say I find it strange that they have these new Assist Trophies, but they're still keeping Pokeballs.

[IMG]http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/zerosuit_samus/zerosuit_samus_070719b-l.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/zerosuit_samus/zerosuit_samus_070719c-l.jpg[/IMG]

Bye, Sheik. Been fun playin' you :(

Posted by Zeta

k, going over to smashboards to see them continue crying over ZSS being accessable through items only.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Oh Lord, it's a shame she's only going to make an appearance about once in every fifty fights. And even then it'll probably only be until she's KO'd. :(

Huh? Fifty? Hardly. You're probably going to get a smash ball once a match, if not twice.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Really? Neat. I thought it would be a pretty rare item.

What item is that rare? Not the hammer, not the heart, nothing.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Well, if there's four other fighters, and they're all fighting desperately for it, and I thought it had the probability of appearing less than the hammer...

yeah

Right, even then it still equals a hell of a lot less than fifty games. Unless you suck at grabbing items. And I really have no idea what it's probably of appearance is, but I can't imagine it being less than one per match.

Raises an interesting question, though: If Zero Suit Samus is a result of Fully-Clothed Samus' Final Smash...What's Zero Suit Samus' Final Smash? Suit UP!!!

Posted by Colonel

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Bye, Sheik. Been fun playin' you :(

DON'T SAY THAT!!!!! SHEIK'S MY BEST CHARACTER!!!!!!!

She's everyone's best character.

Posted by Colonel

GAWD!!!!!!!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Falco/Link/Samus are mine. Though I haven't played Samus intensively in a longcat time.

everyone

as in you can just start playing her and bam. You're awesome.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Prince Shondronai: Raises an interesting question, though: If Zero Suit Samus is a result of Fully-Clothed Samus' Final Smash...What's Zero Suit Samus' Final Smash?

She-rape.

Posted by Speedfreak

...maybe she can take her suit off at any time, and just can't put it back on after her final smash.

[quote=Prince Shondronai;626312]Raises an interesting question, though: If Zero Suit Samus is a result of Fully-Clothed Samus' Final Smash...What's Zero Suit Samus' Final Smash? Suit UP!!!

or she could use that secret restoration move from Super Metroid.

Posted by lanzer

I like the New DK stage reminds me of the ice climbers stage.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Speedfreak: or she could use that secret restoration move from Super Metroid.

Crystal Flash **** yeah!

Or maybe she'll get even more...THE REMAINDER OF THIS POST HAS BEEN REPLACED WITH A SOOTHING IMAGE.

pixels, shops, time, etc

Posted by Zeta

That guy is ****ed.

Posted by crelda

14 characters now including Metaknight who have been announced. How many more do you think we've got to go?

Posted by Linko_16

Knuckle Joe as an Assist Trophie? I don't care how goofy he looks, that's badass.

Donkey Kong's Final Smash seems like the tamest one so far. Maybe it's got killer range or something, but it's nowhere near as flashy as anyone else's.

Posted by Ant

lol

Posted by Speedfreak

Yeah, I'd much prefer it if he did what other apes do when they go nuts and uncontrollably run around the screen screeching, throwing shit and tearing arms off.

Posted by Zeta

TOMORROWS JAPAN TIME: ALTERNATE FINAL SMASHES! These can be done if certain requirements are fulfilled! If Mr. Wright's skyscraper is on the field and DK activates Final Smash, he'll grab an opposing player and climb the skyscraper! Once at the top, DK will begin swinging the player at biplanes that appear out of nowhere!

Posted by S

Quoting Zeta: TOMORROWS JAPAN TIME: ALTERNATE FINAL SMASHES! These can be done if certain requirements are fulfilled! If Mr. Wright's skyscraper is on the field and DK activates Final Smash, he'll grab an opposing player and climb the skyscraper! Once at the top, DK will begin swinging the player at biplanes that appear out of nowhere!

That actually sounds like it could happen. And it sounds pretty cool too, Alternate Final Smashes that only happen when special circumstances are met.

Reminds me of Rampage. Sorta want.

Posted by Speedfreak

I totally predicted Ike :cool:

New trailer and info on Adventure Mode. I was hoping they'd beef up Adventure Mode, and it looks like I got my wish. Trailer's awesome, too. Zelda in action. Yummy.

Posted by Iris

Holy crap, that trailer is awesome. Glad to see Zelda in action, and that Peach will obviously be playable. Farore's Wind is lookin' pretty sexy now.

The single mode sounds fscking great too! The anticipation is killing me. :(

Posted by lanzer

Pits final smash looks pretty cool that MOTHER badge should be useful as well.

Bah. The badge is for people who can't use the bubble shield's reflective capabilities. I hope that the badge's presence doesn't signify the exclusion of that feature.

New update: Pokemon Trainer. I was wondering if we'd ever see a Pokemon trainer in Smash. Pity he doesn't fight himself. He seems to be nothing more than an excuse for players to fight as Bulbasaur, Charizard, and Squirtle. But then, there isn't a single violent human soul in the entire Pokemon Universe, is there? Any time the villains could just pull out a gun and shoot the hero, they just walk away when all of their Pokemon have been defeated.

Posted by Speedfreak

To be honest when everyone on the planet has monsters capable of levelling entire buildings at their disposal I don't think there would be much use for guns.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

You guys are posting in the wrong thread.

Posted by Speedfreak

...no we aren't. This thread is about Smash info.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Prince Shondronai: Pity he doesn't fight himself. He seems to be nothing more than an excuse for players to fight as Bulbasaur, Charizard, and Squirtle.

Well, yeah, what's he going to do? His moves would be stupid.

B: turn hat backwards
B >: bike
B ^: fishing pole
B V: black out
Grab: throw Pokeball to "catch" opponent (that'd actually be pretty sweet)
Taunt: show off badges

Anyway, while I agree that I'd prefer just having these three Pokemon be seperate characters, I don't mind having a Trainer as a middle man too badly. Makes me wonder, though, if the trainers from the other games will be unlockable somehow, and they'll battle with evolutions of the three starters from Gold/Silver, Ruby/Sapphire or Diamond/Pearl.

EDIT - Also, I cannot begin to express my gratitude that they didn't call him "Ash."

Posted by Colonel

Quoting Linko_16:
B: turn hat backwards
B >: bike
B ^: fishing pole
B V: black out
Grab: throw Pokeball to "catch" opponent (that'd actually be pretty sweet)
Taunt: show off badges

The black out could be like Jigglypuffs rest = 1 hit KO if used right.

Posted by maian

...I don't think he's going to have his own moveset. In fact, I think "Pokemon trainer" as the character name is very misleading, as it should be "Charizard, Ivysaur, and Squirtle". But naturally, that wouldn't be the best name.

Nobody knows, but my opinion is that each Pokemon's Down+B is simply change Pokemon, and they each have a moveset. And he's just the excuse for them to be able to do this so he stands in the back.

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Prince Shondronai: Bah. The badge is for people who can't use the bubble shield's reflective capabilities. I hope that the badge's presence doesn't signify the exclusion of that feature.

Probably not, because most players can't easily use the shield to deflect things.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting maian: Nobody knows, but my opinion is that each Pokemon's Down+B is simply change Pokemon, and they each have a moveset. And he's just the excuse for them to be able to do this so he stands in the back.

Yeah, actually, we do know that already. It says that in the article.

Quoted post: You guys are posting in the wrong thread.

heh, I like how most of the discussion takes place in the other thread, but Prince and Speed refuse to post in it.

Posted by Linko_16

I post in this thread 'cause I don't visit the Smash board. :/

I post in the smash thread because it's always the one bumped first and higher on the list

otherwise it would be this one. I just found it funny.

Posted by maian

lol it's easy

That thread is virtually the only thread that gets posted in Smash. Well, mostly. It's not really hard to click it from the index page.

Posted by lanzer

Seems they got rid of the trophy system for some sticker system. i liked it better when it took me hours to hunt for that rare trophy stickers wont be as fun. besides the trophys had useful infomation on each one.

Posted by Speedfreak

I don't go to the Smash board because it's down there. The cool people use this one.

no one is cool here apparently

Posted by S

Am I the only person to utilize the "New Posts" feature?

No. I use it. Having to click on separate boards than separate threads? Way too lazy.

Posted by Iris

Yeah, I post in whichever is more active. It's not like they're any different really.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=S

Posted by Drewboy64

They should have a freaking Metroid Prime level. Start out in tallon overworld, warp to temple ruins, then warp to magmoor caverns, then to phendrana drifts, and finally to phazon mines and into Metroid Prime's layer. Then Prime comes out and you have to dodge it as it wrecks the area and you get back to Tallon Overworld or something.

Posted by maian

...No

but they should have a Metroid Prime level!

I imagine a cool Metroid Prime level would be something like Hyrule in SSBM. Really big, with like, a cove that you can have crazy fights in. (Loved Hyrule's cove) That would be my preferred MP level.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Metroid Prime stage? Phendrana Drifts. Cracking ice, avalanches, and those big screaming beasts that breathe COLD. That would be great.

The X has it right. That level was ****ing badass.

Posted by Zeta

Sheegoth attacks would make it banned from tourneys. D:

Posted by maian

so do levels that don't have final destination in them

LOL

The latest update details a boss fight. I'm going to be saving Zelda, every single time. Except when I'm playing as Zelda, I suppose. I wonder who'll be in the cage then. Link?

Posted by crelda

Thats if you get to choose who you be. You might only get the choice of Kirby.

Posted by Linko_16

Yeah, it'd actually be really cool if, instead of letting you play the same situation with a different character, it already has all the characters' situations panned out from start to finish in a complicated and contrived plot. Either you pick one character and play their part in the game, or you just pick "story mode" and keep switching between characters as the plot advances. The former would actually be cooler, since you'd find a character in some weird place, and later when you play with them you find out how they ended up there.

I noticed, even from the first video, that they had the two characters there most notorious for kidnappings. I didn't think they were going to go down that path, though; interesting that they make you choose.

Posted by Iris

Haha, I noticed that too. Zelda and Peach are pretty cool, but I didn't expect them to be accompanying Mario and Kirby in an adventure mode trailer..

Quoted post: in a complicated and contrived plot.

This is Smash Bros.

Posted by Linko_16

WarioWare: The most obvious stage I didn't think of.

Posted by Drewboy64

Warioware stage looks awesome. I love SSB levels.

Posted by Colonel

Quoting Drewboy64: Warioware stage looks awesome. I love SSB levels.

You love lots of things.

Posted by Speedfreak

I love the WarioWare stage too, it's a bloody brilliant idea.

Posted by Fred333

Warioware level does look pretty fun.

Posted by Jarulara

If they made Sonic a character...what would his stage be?....

Posted by Linko_16

Green Hill Zone? Floating sky island? The Death Egg?

Posted by Waluigi

I suppose this might be off-topic from what -you- guys are talking about...but! Is there going to be a special edition or any kind for Brawl?

Doubt it. Nintendo doesn't really seem to do the collector's edition thing. I can't even recall a single game on the Wii that has such a thing.

Posted by Waluigi

I can not recall either; only thing that kind of sways me that way is because Gamecube's hottest title was SSBM (No doubt) so potentially I think it could happen.

(Although you'd think if Nintendo decided to do such a thing they would have started with Twilight Princess...)

Posted by Ant

There was a special edition Resident Evil 4 if I recall correctly. Though that wasn't Nintendo directly. Regardless, It'd be extremely unlikely that they would make a SE of Brawl.

Posted by Linko_16

Munchlax wishes it was as cool as Snorlax.

Posted by Linko_16

Ice Climbers still in there.

Thank G[color=indigo]o
d.[/color]

Posted by maian

...yay

=/

Posted by Colonel

I hate the Ice Climbers. But i'm glad they're back.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

THE ICE CLIMBERS ARE BACK HELLZ YEAH!

Posted by Drewboy64

ONLINE CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by knucklesfan

I was SUPER excited for the wi-fi announcement, but saddened by the fact that I couldn't discuss it with my buds on the Nintendo Forums T_T

Posted by Zelda_Guy

Yay more info! Subspace army! lol army of robs

Posted by Hyper

Sonic is confirmed. :)

edit: this is the only Smash Bros thread I ever visit so if there's another one then 1) why is it not in Wii and 2) :(

Posted by darkwhispers

IT's ABOUT TIME!!!! HOORAY. how come hyper got to say it first? iwanted to spread the news. to hyper i leave a boot to the head [url]www.cybermoonstudios.com/PhoenixBoot.html[/url]

Yeah. This game is going to rock hardcore nine ways from Sunday. Sonic. The. Hedgehog. Holy freakin' crap! If MegaMan and/or Simon Belmont are confirmed for the game, there's just no contending with the game anymore.

Quoted post: edit: this is the only Smash Bros thread I ever visit so if there's another one then 1) why is it not in Wii and 2)

Because the other thread is in the proper section.

Posted by Speedfreak

Major Wii games are perfectly alright in the Wii board, whether there's a seperate board for that franchise or not. Shame VB doesn't support a thread being in 2 places, though.

Anyway,

SONIC, FUCK YEAH!!! I can't wait to smack Snake's slow *** around with him.

Posted by Arcadios

It's about time they confirmed him but who I really want to see next confirmed would be Classic Megaman like Prince Shondronai said...maybe Ninja, White Mage, Black Mage and Warrior since they were in that Mario Basketball game.

Posted by muffla

mega man would be cool but i dnt think they r gonna have any more third pary characters
edit: ninja'd

Quoting muffla: mega man would be cool but i dnt think they r gonna have any more third pary characters
edit: ninja'd

I wouldn't count on more than one more third-party character, myself. Nintendo's all about the Rule of Three, after all. They probably do have to pay for those characters, though, after all.

Posted by Hyper

Hey, give me a break. I totally forgot we had a Smash Bros board. I totally forgot we had boards for individual series, honestly. :( I'm glad they have the sounds down right for Sonic though. His spin move sounds like it should.

Posted by Drewboy64

YES. I knew Sonic would be in it. But then, so did everyone else. Very cool.

Posted by darkwhispers

curses!!! the release has been moved to february 10 for us americans D'oh!!!

Posted by RandomizeR

yeah, that sucks, but it's worth the wait if they're making it better

They probably also want to make sure they have enough copies of the game, because every wii owner is most likely getting it

I wouldn't say that, RandomizeR. Every former GAMECUBE-owner with a Wii will most likely own Brawl, but there are tons of people buying the Wii as a Wii Sports machine only, it seems.

Quoted post: They probably also want to make sure they have enough copies of the game, because every wii owner is most likely getting it

That really shouldn't be a problem.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

They'll have enough. Halo 3 managed to meet demand, and pretty much every 360 owner bought a copy. It's hardware that tends to run out of stock, rather than games.

Posted by Arcadios

Hmmm...do you think they'll have Sonic as a starting character?

Posted by S

Looks that way from the menus. I don't think they're going to release the identities of unlockable characters, or at least all of them.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

That select screen can't be the finalized one. Kirby isn't on it.

Posted by Iris

It's cut down because it's a demo.

Posted by Jarulara

Quoting The X: That select screen can't be the finalized one. Kirby isn't on it.

I wonder if Kirby isn't on there so people can't see his new tranformation or something lol..