ALRIGHT! MY XBOX JUST DIED!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Except I got something lame like "unreadable disc" when you boot up to the dashboard. The drive won't rev up like usual either. Awesome.

Posted by cool gamer dad

noooooooo ;_;

can you borrow one or get a new one then return it on warranty when your first is done repairing?

It's funny because I was saying to my friend, like, three days ago "ten bux says my 360 dies right before the halo beta comes out." I just ****ing made ten dollars. So I don't know if I'm lucky or unlucky...

But yeah, not only does it get charged to my credit card, I get a refurb if I send it in. No way in hell am I paying 170 bucks and wait for three plus weeks for a refurb when I can get a new console for just under double. So I'm buying one tomorrow or something.

Maybe I'll get an Elite... idk. At least my hard drive didn't die or anything, though I got a corrupted profile on my birthday last tuesday. So it's been one sweet week for me.

Posted by Axis

Man, that really sucks. Mine died back in February, but luckily mine was under warranty so I got a replacement one. As for the hardrive, it should be perfectly fine. This is usually a hardware failiure.

Yeah, hard drive is cool. I can still talk to people, connect to live, play arcade games and all that ****. The drive just refuses to boot up or read anything. I mean, I could probably get the drive replaced, but I can guarantee it's going to **** up again. it's a first-generation console and the fact that it's lasted this long is really surprising. So whatever, I'll just buy a new one.

Though, at least the people on the phone were nice, even when I took thirty minutes to unplug that ****ing hard drive.

Posted by Axis

Ha, you should have asked for a discount. My friend was able to get a 50% discount on his repair.

I tried, but it didn't really matter since I don't want to deal with the shipping, having it get charged to my credit card and being sent a refurbished machine. It's not worth the money or effort. c'est la vie.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Don't feel too bad. I went through three Xboxes in less than two years.

Posted by Ant

I'd just like to take this moment to be a ******* and mention the poor quality of how the XBOX's were made. That is all.

Posted by Dexter

None of my Nintendo systems ever broke. Xbox is garbage.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Vampiro]Vampiro V. Empire agrees: Well, at least I still have my original Xbox. Your misfortune has suddenly brightened the situation. Wanna give me some money to make me feel even better?
Sure. You want it in Zeni, Woolongs, Space Bucks, Professorland Funbucks, Kalganids, Dollarpounds, or Bison Dollars?

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Ant;578245]I'd just like to take this moment to be a ******* and mention the poor quality of how the XBOX's were made. That is all.Xbox Original was made great! Unlike the PS2... "Won't read blue disks?"

Posted by Random

See I always buy warranties on game consoles. Especially expensive game consoles. I had problems with the PS1, PS2s and my cousins 360 broke (Ended up being a component on the motherboard which he fixed). So I don't take any chances. I'm locked into a 3 year service repair/replace warranty for like $40 extra I think it was??

If I were to get a Wii or a PS3 i'd do the same.. Of course usually when I buy the warranties nothing bad happens.. And when I don't buy the warranties they break. Go figure.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Skitzo Control: Xbox Original was made great! Unlike the PS2... "Won't read blue disks?"

True, the PS2 used to be the king of poorly built systems. But I think the 360 has taken the cake. Amazing what good customer service can do though to prevent some sort of nerd uprising with the insane amount of systems to get some sort of error.

Quoted post: Sure. You want it in Zeni, Woolongs, Space Bucks, Professorland Funbucks, Kalganids, Dollarpounds, or Bison Dollars?

Space Bucks, definitely.

Quoted post: But I think the 360 has taken the cake. Amazing what good customer service can do though to prevent some sort of nerd uprising with the insane amount of systems to get some sort of error.

Pretty much, it doesn't help that people keep getting refurbs from MS either. The new 360 aren't actually made any different, but they at least fixed the most common problem: the red ring of death. The problem was the console would over heat and become so hot all the epoxy would, well, melt more or less. The parts would then become loose and eventually break apart. Now there's apparently a ton of epoxy just covering everything. it'll still get hot, and sounds like a ****ing rocket taking off, but it shouldn't bust up like it used to.

Though, I was smart enough to keep it ventilated, so of course something completely different goes wrong. Good thing I have money I guess.

Posted by Roger Smith

Bison Dollars are superior.

Btw, Ra

WHY IS THE CORE SYSTEM $399 AND WHY DOES IT COME WITH TWO GAMES I DON'T WANT?

why won't they just let me buy a console without any stupid extras? why :(

AND WHY DOES MY CONSOLE BREAK NOW WHEN THE 360 GOES ALL 65NM THIS FALL? WHY COULDN'T IT WAIT JUST A FEW MONTHS?

why is gaming such an expensive hobby? why :(

Posted by Dexter

Play with your Wii instead. I'll make you into Mii-form and send it your way. It'll be fun!

The Wii sucks, plus my friend took his back because I was barely using it. I'm taking off in a few hours to buy a new 360 anyways. At least new 360s have a BenQ drive... so that's a plus I guess...

Posted by Dexter

Dude, go through Super Paper Mario and prepare yourself for some mini-game action with Mario Party 8. Don't get addicted to achievements!

Oh, and get the elite.

I already did play Super Paper Mario and every Mario Party game past 3 has been awful.

Posted by Dexter

Man, you gone all crazy. Mario Party 7 was boss. It had some good, long-lasting mini-games. The type that you return to later in life and appreciate. I'd choose Mario Party 7 over 1, 2, and 3 anyday. Mario Party 4 and 5 were the worst of the bunch and that scares players away from 6 and 7. Shame on yous. You're missing out. Of course, they are multiplayer games, not much for single players, unless you're into record breaking, which I definitely am. I'm going to top the charts for Mario Party 8. You'll see.

Posted by veritas

Hey maybe if you beat the green hippo in hungry hungry hippos, you might get a 360 for free!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

My 360 is already getting hourly disk-read errors on Gears of War and I've only had mine for a week.

dont feel bad vampy-kun!! ^_^~~ xoxoxoxo <3!

Quoted post: You'll see.

No, I really don't like Mario Part games.

Quoted post: My 360 is already getting hourly disk-read errors on Gears of War and I've only had mine for a week.

I get that sometimes with Rainbow because the discs the game is made on are so cheap. Seems like the same can happen to Gears where spots will start to develop on the disc itself. Running it under water and cleaning it with a soft cloth usually works quite well, though the spots won't disappear. It doesn't matter how clean you keep the discs either apparently, it just happens. Well, assuming the disc hasn't been scratched by the laser, which is definitely possible considering MS didn't include rubber bumpers in their dvd drives.

fuuuuuck 457 bucks later and I have a core system with two ****ty games I could care less about. Oh and an extra wired controller. ALL RIGHT!

Posted by s0ul

I'll take it!

Posted by Random

Quoting Dexter: Play with your Wii instead. I'll make you into Mii-form and send it your way. It'll be fun!

Dex, if I didn't have the super mega ultra hotts for you, I'd kill you :-*

All Hail Bison... RyuKen you say?

Giving it to Pit if he wants it. But yeah, you'd have to keep in mind that it not only needs a new dvd drive, but component cable, ethernet cable, hdd, a wireless controller and a head set. I mean, it'll probably be cheaper, all of that, but it's not the greatest deal.

Posted by Random

I've always had good luck with my Microsoft consoles.. Lord knows i've owned literally 4 or 5 XBoxs (Not that they broke but I had money problems growing up) and my 360. Never had even a slight problem with any of them. My 360 runs perfect. I don't even get a funny noise here or there.

Yeah, neither did I and BAM unreadable discs.

Posted by Poolking99

join the crowd.

It's a pretty sweet crowd.