Oblivion VS Two Worlds

Posted by clearlytheman

As we all know Oblivion was by far one of the greatest games ever and certainly a game that you know when you plop down your 70.00 your getting your money worth. Now SouthPeak interactive is coming out with two worlds on June 26th for xbox 360 and PC this game appears to mimick oblivion in almost every way but with a world that according to SouthPeak is 25% larger than oblivion and ofcourse I am sure we will get expansions and downloadable content as these games if done right are real cash cows. I have already pre ordered my copy of Two Worlds for xbox 360 I have played oblivion like there is no tomorrow and Two Worlds shows an enormous amount of promise. How many people here will buy Two Worlds as this game appears to be one you know will make you happy you set down your hard earned cash.

Posted by Dexter

I'm less enthusiastic about this than I was for Oblivion. Morrowind hit me unexpectedly and I fell in love, then I really looked forward to Oblivion, and although it was a gorgeous game, it was so much like Morrowind that it just didn't win as much for me. This will be a third of the same, me thinks, and therefore it is difficult for me to be very excited. It's as though I'm going into somethingI've already done, in many ways. I'm still going to get it and I'm sure I'm going to love the adventure. I love exploring the worlds in these games and that alone will keep me dedicated.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

When I saw the trailer for Two Worlds, all I could think was "ugh, are they trying to ripoff Oblivion?" because parts of it look pretty much identical. Couldn't give a **** about this game.

Posted by Poco

It's oblivion, with crappy graphics, an even more generic fantasy setting, and horse combat.

Oblivion nerds will love it.

and fyi Oblivion is only good if you mod the hell out of it, otherwise, it's a piece of crap.

Posted by Dexter

Oblivion is good without modding. Graphically it's one of the best games to date. I'd say it's the 2nd best game I've ever gone through, graphically. 1st being Gears of War. The world is huge and fun to explore, which is my favorite part of the game. The length is long. The actual main story can be redundant but there's so many side-quest that I could never finish the game entirely.

Posted by clearlytheman

I am getting Two worlds and yes it is widely know that Oblivion was the model behind this game, the advantage that two worlds had was the developer could see what worked in oblivion and what could be improved and try an better that for their game. Hence the 25% larger world as if it wasnt big enough and it is also nice that you could actually kill every creature in the game as they dont reproduce unlike some games now that would be a daring task in itself but the option is there. There is always place in the marketplace for similar products. I personally have no loyalty to one game or one system I am a fan of great games and I think this game will be great in it's own way the same as oblivion was and still is even though like any game it wont appeal to everyone but certainly it will sell to the masses I am sure, it is nice to put down your money and get a game you wont beat in a day and is quite expandable regardless of what system it is on or who made it.

Posted by Dexter

Quoted post: it is also nice that you could actually kill every creature in the game as they dont reproduce

I'm not sure I like that. I'm always hesitate to kill creatures on the mainland when I know I'm never going to see them again. It also makes leveling up more difficult because you run out of creatures to gather points from.

Posted by clearlytheman

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/786/786610p1.html

Here is an article that has questions and answers to explain a bit about what they hope to accomplish. It sounds promising

Quoted post: it is also nice that you could actually kill every creature in the game as they dont reproduce

That's so stupid.

Posted by clearlytheman

seems that people are missing the bigger picture here, we have a game shooting for realism here or as much as possible nobody wants to fight the same creatures 50000 times.

It's a fantasy game. Shooting for realism is moronic. I don't want to kill off every creature and be stuck in an empty world. REALISM!

Posted by clearlytheman

to each his own. Fortunately who dont actually have to purchase the gameso it will not affect you.

Posted by Poco

Quoting Dexter: Oblivion is good without modding. Graphically it's one of the best games to date. I'd say it's the 2nd best game I've ever gone through, graphically. 1st being Gears of War. The world is huge and fun to explore, which is my favorite part of the game. The length is long. The actual main story can be redundant but there's so many side-quest that I could never finish the game entirely.

Yeah graphically, oblivion is great. It's everything else, minus the dark Brotherhood story, sucks. The world is not fun. It's a huge, empty, generic fantasy world. The monsters scale up with you. It's not rewarding to play as a thief, at all. The telepathic guards prevent that.

The game sucks without the mods that fix those.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Quoting Poco: The telepathic guards prevent that.

Why would you pickpocket a guard?