The American Dream

Posted by Ch

Can anybody explain to me what the American Dream really is?

Posted by Ant

war board...?

Eh, if you want the stereotypical answer it would probably be something along the lines of "Anyone from anywhere can come here and with enough initiative you can succeed at anything"

Posted by Raptor

...if you were born into a rich white family and your father is a powerful politician or leader of a successful organized crime ring. err, wait, what's the difference?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Though hard work, dedication and determination anyone of any race, creed or religion can achieve prosperity. That's about it.

Posted by Omni

I thought it was whatever Mexicans dream about the night before illegally crossing the border and getting jobs that pay less than minimum wage.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Pretty Hate Machine;578062]I thought it was whatever Mexicans dream about the night before illegally crossing the border and getting jobs that pay less than minimum wage.If a Mexican is willing to swim, run, or walk thousands of miles just to work a shittier job than me. For a largely less amount of hourly income, more power to 'em. But, f*ck welfare get.

Edit: I think Mexicans would be more successful as circus clowns. How they manage to fill a 2 bedroom house with 70+ inhabitants is beyond me, and simply magical. Mexican witch craft-magical.

Posted by nich

Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller.

Posted by Bebop

Wyatt never found it. That's all I know.

Posted by Arwon

I always thought it was somewhere between home ownership and killing your boss and taking his job.

That's the American's Dream. It's what you dream of after living in America for awhile and realising the "American Dream" doesn't exist.

Posted by Tyler Durden

To me, the American Dream is more like a wish for leaving America.

Posted by SomeCrazyGuy

The American Dream?

It is dreaming of a magical land that is somehow better than the ****-hole you live in now, only to realize that this ****-hole is America and that it probably doesn't get any better than this, so you'd better get used to it like all the other blathering dolts who dare call this grease-encrusted-corporation-blanketed-glorified-mega-mall home.

Yeah, but the traditional American dream is for immigrants, and as much as America may suck sometimes it's still better than whatever country they came from.

Posted by Poco

the american dream?

Being in church while watching football or NASCAR and eating hot dogs and apple pies on the fourth of July with jesus christ lord and savior.

That's pretty much what people who are southern baptist in the southeast think.

Posted by WackoHater2

Life, liberty and the chance to exploit others and get one over on your fellow man

Posted by inequity

To get on the front page of youtube

Posted by Tyler Durden

To clean up New Jersey..

Posted by metroidhunter9292

I think the American dream would be Baseball. Lame as my answer is, its probably true.

Posted by Omni

That's the Great American Pastime.

Posted by Tyler Durden

American Dream, American Pastime, American food.. They're all boring.

The **** just influenced me to become Vegetarian, and stop wearing truckers hats.

Posted by Red

"It's the American dream John."
"your American dream just gave you the finger."

stealing harvard.

Posted by SomeCrazyGuy

Aside form my last post, I'll just pull a quote out of my *** and call it good:

"...Because the owners of this country know the truth, it's called the American Dream, 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." ~ George Carlin