Stupid things you've done in games.

Posted by Zeta

Post some mistakes you've made while playing stuffs.

Yesterday while playing RE4 I turned my Wavebird contoller off and set it down during the cutscene after the whole Salazar statue thing. Then all of a sudden the Verdugo tosses Leon's knife back at him and the dodge prompt pops up. I fumble to turn my controller back on, but Leon ends up with the knife lodged in his chest. YOU ARE DEAD. Continue? Yes/No

Should've expected this, considering all the earlier cutscene dodges. =/

Posted by Linko_16

Boy, I'll have to start keeping track. :/

Posted by Creedence

Wow, I have to many to list.

One time, I was playing Doom 3, and I went through this door and it played a cutscene. I was very tired and right after the cutscene ended some of those fireball throwing things attacked me, and I don't know why but it scared the crap out of me. It's like I was stunned and I just sat there and watched them kill me. After that I left the Xbox on and went to bed.

Also, if you play the game Conflict Vietnam with a friend, it will leave you scarred for life. The memories. This isn't really part of the game but a week or two after that me and my friend (EvilDeadGamer), would see something that made us freak out. This one time he was tired and he was eating eggs for breakfast, and he was staring at them and he thought it was a mini map with guys on it and he jumped out of his seat, he said he was scared ****less.

I was playing SpiderMan 3 and I did the sky diving activitie and went straight into the ground as fast as it would go, he was like, kersplat.

On Mercaneries I get like 2 c4 drops and I'll plant 7 C4(most you can do) under it and blow it up, it goes so high it goes through the roof of the map and never comes down, its awesome, but a stupid waste of money.

I might list more later.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Turned off my 360 while something was saving/loading. C-c-c-corrupted profile. Pain in the *** to recover that ****.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Zeta;577699]Post some mistakes you've made while playing stuffs.

Yesterday while playing RE4 I turned my Wavebird contoller off and set it down during the cutscene after the whole Salazar statue thing. Then all of a sudden the Verdugo tosses Leon's knife back at him and the dodge prompt pops up. I fumble to turn my controller back on, but Leon ends up with the knife lodged in his chest. YOU ARE DEAD. Continue? Yes/No

Should've expected this, considering all the earlier cutscene dodges. =/

Done the exact same thing at the exact same point. Holy ****.

Also, forgot to save after playing Twilight Princess for five or so hours. Lost about five full hearts worth of containers and a full rupee sack. Never played since.

Auto-save is a wonderful invention.

Posted by Bebop

Accidently deleting files. Bout it

Posted by Roger Smith

In Star Fox, when Peppy told me to do a barrel roll.....I didn't.

Posted by maian

Me and my cousin turned on SSBM, with the wrong memory card. We realized this, and stuck the new one in. We got a message like "New memory card inserted. Clear files?" He was a more experienced gamer than I, even though I assumed it meant clearing the memory on that card. He said "lol no just say yes it's fine", and all my memory went byebye. :( This was with all stages, characters, events, everything. We had all the trophies except five. I have it all now, but gawd that sucked.

It wasn't my decision, but I listened to him >_> So that makes me dumb.

Posted by veritas

I havent accidently deleted anything from my memory card but my whole memory card almost got deleted.

I got a free demo game disc from ps underground in the mail. I started playing some of the games on there. About a half hour later my sister got the mail with a letter saying that if I play the Viewtiful Joe 2 demo, all the memory on my memory card would be deleted. Good thing the game looked gay and I didnt play it.

Posted by Xero

I think I did more stupid things while playing perfect dark then while playing any other games.

1st situation: I'd start shooting a sim or a real player from the other team and then turn around, thinking I shot enough bullets to kill it and get shot to death in the back while walking. Sometimes you just can't rush...

2nd situation: I'd be in the same team as my friends, but I'd shoot them to death while shooting at another ennemi. I remember ****ing off somebody because I didn't see him coming and I started shooting a sim. *blushs*

There would be other times where I'd be so nervous about seeing a hard sim popping out of nowhere shooting me, that as soon as a character would show up, I'd shoot it. Happened to be someone in my team once in a while.

I was such a n00b.

Quoted post: 1st situation: I'd start shooting a sim or a real player from the other team and then turn around, thinking I shot enough bullets to kill it and get shot to death in the back while walking. Sometimes you just can't rush...

I tend to do this with Rainbow Six, because in the corner green text pops up whenever your team gets a kill. So, while you're unloading into a guy someone else on your team may get a kill making you believe you just killed your opponent. This is worse when you switch to shoot at someone else thinking the first guy is dead, then suddenly you're getting shot from two directions. Fun.

Posted by Crazy K

[quote=The Sniper;578369]I havent accidently deleted anything from my memory card but my whole memory card almost got deleted.

I got a free demo game disc from ps underground in the mail. I started playing some of the games on there. About a half hour later my sister got the mail with a letter saying that if I play the Viewtiful Joe 2 demo, all the memory on my memory card would be deleted. Good thing the game looked gay and I didnt play it.

That happened to me actually. I got the demo disc and played Viewtiful Joe 2, and I decided to play some San Andreas afterwards. Come to find out my memory card was erased. Sucked *** pretty bad. I heard you could get a free game if this occurred, but I did not act fast enough.

Posted by Linko_16

I've got one, now that I think of it. When I first got into FFXI, I got equipped with all my starting gear and, accopanied by a quick friend I'd made, I went out for my frist Mandragora battle. Unfortunately, I'd been too confused by the interface at first to equip my weapon, so I had to beat the thing up with my fists. Luckily that WHM was there to keep me alive.

Posted by S

Quoting Linko_16: I've got one, now that I think of it. When I first got into FFXI, I got equipped with all my starting gear and, accopanied by a quick friend I'd made, I went out for my frist Mandragora battle. Unfortunately, I'd been too confused by the interface at first to equip my weapon, so I had to beat the thing up with my fists. Luckily that WHM was there to keep me alive.

lol. See, that's kind of funny but I did much worse. When I first started the game, I went out there with my fists and got to level 13, grinding slowly using hand to hand. I ended up quitting WAR and going WHM until 30. I didn't understand Skill levels at all until I started to play THF.

Posted by ElroyJetson

Back on PS2 in madden '03 we had a tournament set up in my college apt with myself in 9 of my friends. It was the second tournament we had set up after I had won the initial one. Midway through the tournament I was saving the file after someone elses games, for some reason my roommate had left the window open, a bee flew in stung me on the hand. In my jerk reaction backwards I unplugged the ps2...I hoped the save had worked...but alas the file was corrupted. I felt pretty dumb, and the rest of the guys didn't let me live it down.

Posted by metroidhunter9292

Well....One time in Metroid Prime, I had just started playing. I was on the part where you had to use the Grapple Beam to swing across the gap, after seeing Meta-Ridley. The first time, I became startled by my eight year old brother, because he barged into the room, and I let go, letting Samus do a free fall to her death. Then, the second time, i just let go too early.

Also, in Star Wars rouge Squadron for the N64, I decided what would happen If I decided to fly behind the big, black square things in the last level. Aparrentaly, the back of the BBST's have a vacuum like propulsion, pulling me in. That didnt go too well, seeing as it sucked me in and i blew up.

Posted by WackoHater2

If there is a ledge that looks like you can jump off of it, I do it to see if works. 'Bout it.

Posted by PunkRock Sonic

I played wii sports on the wii. and i played bowling and I don't throw the ball right and I only get zero pins down, I tried to see if I can throw the ball in another lane, that was stupid

Posted by The Pain

One time on my cosin's Wii i was playing baseball and it was the last inning. I wanted to make it really good so i swung at the ball really hard... only in the process i knocked over my cosins lamp and bent the lampshade and damaged the pole. That was a fun Christmas.

Posted by maian

so this one time I played through FF3 DS and played all through the final dungeon taking an hour and a half then killing the final boss. then I was suddenly transported to a second final dungeon. It was my mistake for not saving

WAIT THAT'S NOT ME IT'S THE BLOODY GAME

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting maian: so this one time I played through FF3 DS and played all through the final dungeon taking an hour and a half then killing the final boss. then I was suddenly transported to a second final dungeon. It was my mistake for not saving

WAIT THAT'S NOT ME IT'S THE BLOODY GAME

Yeah, you don't get to leave and save after beating Xante. It's not annoying because it's hard, it's annoying because running through the Crystal Tower takes forever, and then the next part is hard. What I eventually did is collected all the items in the Crystal Tower, then left and saved. Running through without having to stop and get treasure is way faster.

Posted by Speedfreak

I played God of War once. That was pretty stupid.

I was trying to go through one level without dying in Lego Star Wars, and I almost made it, then I jumped in mud not realising you can drown in mud.

Posted by Bebop

I hate it in games where its unclear if you can do in water or not, especially if the water isnt deep at all.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

sup, ninja turtles on the NES.

Posted by Blood-Katana

oh in g.od (whats with the stupid censors) of war i decided to see if the spike traps in pandoras temple will kill you

Posted by Arcadios

In Pokemon Blue I accidentally misplaced my rare candy when going after Missingno. and got hundreds of Bikes instead. When I inserted a bunch of them into my pc the game became corrupted. :(

Posted by mis0

It doesn't really matter what game it is; I have a tendency to injure/kill myself with my own grenades. It makes my friends feel better after I beat the Hell out of them at a racing game, at least. :)

Posted by Proto Man

Ah so it was 1992, and the only one playing Super Mario World seriously was my dad. Well he had gotten to the Butter Bridge, and that's the farthest we had ever seen in the game at that time. For some stupid reason though, I deleted his save. :(

Another thing I did was accidentally used the Master Ball in Pokemon Blue.

I also sold the bloodsword in Final Fantasy II.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Misoxeny;590826]It doesn't really matter what game it is; I have a tendency to injure/kill myself with my own grenades. It makes my friends feel better after I beat the Hell out of them at a racing game, at least. :)

Happened to me last night. Thought throwing a grenade through a window would work. But it just bounced back and I didn't get to cover in time. :(

Posted by AlternateView

[QUOTE=Proto Man;590832]
Another thing I did was accidentally used the Master Ball in Pokemon Blue.
QUOTE]

I did that. What pokemon? Mine was a Magikarp, because I was messing around, pretending it was a mighty rare Pokemon. Oh boy, my mistake.

Posted by Tendo

In Zelda:OOT,upon first entering the House of Skulltula when the giant cursed guy swooped down at me, I screamed at the top of my lungs and tried to frantically hack away at the thing...after about six seconds of not being killed I realized it wasn't killing me and stopped swinging like a mad man

I think he's scarier than a real Skulltula.