360 Purchases?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Okay, what 360 games/hardware/stuff should I buy? I've only just picked up my console, and my current funds, between wages and birthday cash, amounts to

Posted by Dexter

You're forgetting Call of Duty 2!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Rainbow and Oblivion are pretty much a given, the former being one of the best online games, the latter be the best single-player game. Table Tennis is a waste of money, as is GHII at this point (in my opinion) since GHIII is coming out this fall, as is Rock Band. I also wouldn't bother with Dead Rising personally. it's pretty janky, and though fun, doesn't really have any legs. You might also want to look into the play and charge kit. It's pretty handy to have around and definitely saves on batteries which can add up pretty quick.

Oh, and if you get Oblivion, pick up 2,800 points so you can get the Shivering Isles expansion. It's so worth the 30 bucks and the main quest is better than any of the individual quest lines of the original game (protip: level up to over thirty before you go into SI, that's when all the good stuff caps.) Otherwise, it just depends on your tastes since the rest come down to subjectivity really.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Dexter;577452]You're forgetting Call of Duty 2!

Call of Duty 2 > Call of Duty 3?

I think I'll cut Dead Rising and perhaps Guitar Hero (although, having never played the PS2 iterations, I'm quite anxious to give it a shot), and swap in COD2 and perhaps GRAW2 or Dead or Alive 4.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting The X: Call of Duty 2 > Call of Duty 3?

Of course. Vampy will agree.

Posted by Axis

I hated Call of Duty 2's multiplayer. I also hated Call of Duty 3's single player. Personally, I wouldn't really buy either.

Here's a list of games I think that are worth owning:

1. Crackdown
2. Guitar Hero II
3. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
4. Gears of War
5. Rainbow Six: Vegas
6. PGR3

Games that are worth trying:
1. Call of Duty 2
2. Call of Duty 3
3. Condemned: Criminal Origins
4. Kameo
5. Lost Planet
6. Command and Conquer 3

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Call of Duty 2 > Call of Duty 3?

****, there's nothing I hate more in the gaming universe than CoD3. Don't listen to Axis, everything about CoD3 is garbage. However, the single-player AND multiplayer of CoD2 are great. The latter certainly lacks the bells and whistles of other games, but it has some of the best maps, guns, and balancing of any game. Plus, the online community is still fairly strong and pretty easy to get into.

Oh, and scrap GRAW2. It's pretty dead =/ As for PGR3, the fourth iteration is coming out this holiday. So yeah.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Get Viva Pinata. Also get them rechargeable battery things.

But Viva Pinata definitely.

Oh, and Oblivion, R6: Vegas, C&C3, CoD2&3 blah blah.