Dance/Techno

Posted by Skitzo Control

Whatever the hell you want to call the music, I've gotten hooked on it. The only bad thing is, I don't know any of the names of the songs, or the artists, I just got these CD-Rs from my brother's collection. It's all good stuff, and I'm looking to get some more. Anybody, please, reccoment it.

Posted by Xenos

DJ Mystic--huge collection of it. DDR has some pretty nice techno songs as well.I haven't listened to Techno anymore, or that much music for any matter. There are alot of other better/good artist out there, but I have forgotten most of them by now.

Posted by Arczu

This genre of music is really overlooked. And the people who I hear saying it sucks/ain't music etc, are usually hooked into mainstream pop music or other mediocre ones. Not to say that all oof it is bad, but it's getting repetitive in a bad way.

With the secluded dance music or the more intense techno music, you get a unique feel with it. You may want to hear it again. It's great! But there are people who can't stand it. And... well you can't really convince them to listen to it.

There are many good artists out there. If you get the chance, look for Bomfunk MCs. He has a really good album called In Stereo out there.

Posted by Corrupt

Ahh, good topic.

Let's see... for starters, I'd recommend stuff by BT, Daft Punk, Darude, Ian Van Dahl, and System F. They're really good for introducing people to the genre of techno/dance/trance music more, so yeah. Some sample songs from each artist would be:

BT - "Movement in Still Life," "Never Gonna Come Back Down," "Giving Up the Ghost," and "Blue Skies."

Daft Punk - "One More Time," "Da Funk," "Around the World," and "Superheroes."

Darude - "Sandstorm," "Burning," "Feel the Beat," "Out of Control," and "Music."

Ian Van Dahl - "Reason [Hemstock and Jennings Mix]," "Castles in the Sky," and "I Can't Let You Go."

System F - "Dance Valley Theme 2001," "Ignition Sequence Start," "The Sonnet," and "Spaceman."

The songs should be relatively easy to obtain for you. If you can't find them elsewhere, ask me for my IM screen name, and I'll send you some of the mp3s.

Or, if you want to do it the legal way and buy the CDs, then try looking on Amazon.com or going to a local record shop... I'm sure they'd have all of the stuff I mentioned.

Posted by TheSecondComing

I don't like 'dance' much (although IDM is alright with me), but I must say, it'd sound awesome in a nightclub at 3 in the morning.

Posted by Richaod

Daft Punk is ownage. Human After All is a sucky album though.

Alongside what Corrupt recommended, Aerodynamic, Digital Love, Robot Rock and Teachers are great.

Fade To Black by Apoptygma Berzerk is a good song too. You'll especially enjoy it for the fact that it's a Metallica cover of sorts...

Posted by Raptor

http://timbershadows.com/junkdrawer/electronicaplaylist3-24-05.htm

This should help you out some. It's a list of my entire (well, almost) electronica collection, including the sub-genres of drum 'n' bass/breakbeat, rave, house, ambient, goa, happy hardcore, industrial/noise, gothic-ebm/darkwave, techno, trance, etc., and it's all worth checking out as far as I am concerned. Careful, it's big, and it should be all electronica, but some badly labeled stray files may have gotten in there.

If you don't feel like sifting through a huge list, just get "Feel for You" by The Mystery or "Sentence Me" by Soil & Eclipse. I've had these two songs in my head all day.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I like Daft Punk, but other than that, and Crystal Method, the only other dancish/trancish group I've liked is Astral Projection.

Also, download the Solaris (new) album. I believe it's done by Cliff Martinez. GOOD stuff.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I recently found out a good friend of mine is a DJ. Sure, he must not be that close of a friend if I just found out, but he's da[b][/b]mned good for only been doing this for a short time. If any of you can, check out DJ Scott Stubbs.

Posted by Inferno

Other than all the of the bands already listed, I also like Orbital. Most of their songs are catchy.

BT is probably my favorite electronica artist. Mad Skillz is great, especially the little baseline at the end.

Posted by Bubblez

Try out stuff from Yahel if you like trance. And if you want psychedelic sound then get some Infected Mushroom.

Posted by The_Essence_Vortex

My favorites are:
Astral Projection
Daft Punk
Scooter

Here are some good songs from Scooter: Fire, Nessaja, Ramp! (The Logical Song), and How Much Is The Fish. I haven't gotten any CDs of them yet, so those are the ones I recommend.

Posted by William

Quoting Raptor:
"Sentence Me" by Soil & Eclipse.

Amazing song, especially the Razed in Black mix of it.

I'm not too sure of songs or artists either, but I've gotten into those genres quite a bit myself recently, although I prefer electronica and ebm/darkwave type stuff to techno/dance music.

If you want to find new artists, just listen to those Music Choice channels in the 900s if you have cable television. That normally helps, or possibly find yourself an online radio station that plays that type of music.

Oh, and I don't really like Daft Punk...

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Paul Oakenfold is awesome. If you can, get his song "Gamemaster" It's friggin incredible.

Another really, really, really, really good song is "Carte Blanche" by Vera Cocha. There are several mixes of it, and most of them are pretty good.

Fei-on

Posted by toxic

You should try some of the internet radio stations that come with Winamp, in the "media library" ... there are many stations that play nothing but trance, dance, and ambient beats 24/7. The great thing about them is that you never hear the same song twice. I often chill to these stations. A favourite of mine is groove salad ( http://www.somafm.com/ ).

Posted by Arczu

Oh, and try out some songs from Amon Tobin. You guys ever heared of him? The song "Back from Space" was once of the reasons I jumped on this style of music. So mystic, and yet full of energy in that one. Some of his other songs are good too.

If you liked a lot of songs from games like Frequency or Amplitude, then you are in the know. Im still looking for Jungle Brothers. I'm begining to wonder if it exists out there!

Posted by lameboy

Quoting Arczu]
If you liked a lot of songs from games like Frequency or Amplitude, then you are in the know. Im still looking for Jungle Brothers. I'm begining to wonder if it exists out there![/size]

I love those games. Frequency was one of the biggest reasons I got into electronica.

But if you're looking for a good internet radio station, then look no further than [URL=http://di.fm]Digitally Imported[/URL]. They've got loads of different stations based on genres and they play a lot of live shows. I've found quite a few artists I like from listening to that site. Highly recommended.