Valid Win32 Application

Posted by Skitzo Control

Often times, I'll download programs from downloads.com, and I'll get an error when running the installer program that "_____ is not a valid Win32 Application." Explain what this means, and how do I run the program, please?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

it's corrupted, a virus, your hardware can't run it, or your version of windows can't use it. One of those four and none of them are any good.
If it's the first, delete and reinstall; if it's the second, it's probably a really old program or a program designed for 64-bit; third is obvious; forth is unlikely unless you're installing from disc and missing some ****.

Posted by Trigger

An application written for 64 bit hardware calls isn't really a virus, though...

didn't say it was.

Posted by Trigger

[quote=Vampiro]it's corrupted, a virus, your hardware can't run it, or your version of windows can't use it. One of those four and none of them are any good.
So, virus = number 2.

[quote=Vampiro]if it's the second, it's probably a really old program or a program designed for 64-bit
oh noez!!!

lrn2countplz! :-*

Much luv 4 u tho! <33333 See? Coneage.

whatevs, I mixed both up, but he should be a smart enough cookie to figure it out.