To: Vampiro and Corrupt

Posted by Xero

I should find 3 CDs after I come back from work on my bed in an amazon box. One of them being DarkThrone~ Transylvanian hunger and the other one is U-ziq~ In pine effect.

I can't wait to hear how different T.Hunger will sound.. I remember you saying that it sounds better than the 2 other CDs I own from the band, so I'll tell you what I noticed tomorrow.

About In pine effect, I know I told you I couldn't find it on amazon, Corrupt, but finally I managed to find it. I simply typed in "In pine effect" instead of "u-ziq" and it showed up. I guess something's screwed up on the site, but meh. The important thing is that I have it now. I will be listening to it as well tomorrow and tell you more about it. You won't need to send me files to download it :)

Thanx to both of you again :D

Posted by Omni

If you don't notice the difference between current Darkthrone and Transilvanian Hunger, I would be amazed. I hope you like that album.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

TH is the only DT album that sounds like it, so the difference is immediately noticeable. Plus, if you like that, there's a ton of other albums known for a similar drone/trance-like sound.

Posted by Corrupt

Good, you were able to find In Pine Effect. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Isn't the album cover just great, too?

Oh, and I also have four additional tracks that were only available on the vinyl version of the record, if you're interested in having me send them to you. I don't think you'd go out of your way to buy the vinyl just to get them, so yeah. Let me know.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: TH is the only DT album that sounds like it, so the difference is immediately noticeable. Plus, if you like that, there's a ton of other albums known for a similar drone/trance-like sound.

Yeah, but he also said he thought A Blaze In The Northern Sky sounded like The Cult Is Alive if I remember correctly.

Haha, oh yeah. Though this is much different, so even he'll be able to hear the difference.

Posted by Omni

I hope so.

Nah, I'm sure he'll notice the difference.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: TH is the only DT album that sounds like it, so the difference is immediately noticeable. Plus, if you like that, there's a ton of other albums known for a similar drone/trance-like sound.

Give me those titles please :)

Quoting Corrupt: Good, you were able to find In Pine Effect. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Isn't the album cover just great, too?

Oh, and I also have four additional tracks that were only available on the vinyl version of the record, if you're interested in having me send them to you. I don't think you'd go out of your way to buy the vinyl just to get them, so yeah. Let me know.

The cover is good and simple.

Cool. Send me those tracks. I definitely have to hear those. :)

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Haha, oh yeah. Though this is much different, so even he'll be able to hear the difference.

If I don't notice a difference, then I'm not worth listening to death metal.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Xero: If I don't notice a difference, then I'm not worth listening to death metal.

Isn't it black metal? I know their first album was more of a death metal release, but everything else after that.

Quoted post: If I don't notice a difference, then I'm not worth listening to death metal.

Joke get? Though, unfortunately, I know a couple people, including Phant, who don't know the difference. le sigh

Posted by Omni

I hope that was a joke.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Joke get? Though, unfortunately, I know a couple people, including Phant, who don't know the difference. le sigh

I guess it'll be less shameful for me then...I still think I SHOULD notice the difference.

I got home yesterday at 11PM and I didn't find the box. I asked my mom this morning if she recieved anything and she said that they shipped the CDs YESTERDAY and so I won't get them before sunday.

Opps...

Quoted post: I guess it'll be less shameful for me then...I still think I SHOULD notice the difference.

Wait, you don't know the difference? How is this possible? You might as well be comparing hardcore to power metal. If you want, I'll upload a definitive black metal song with a definitive death metal song to show the difference. It's pretty massive.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Wait, you don't know the difference?

Wait...I'm talking about the difference between T.H and the Cult is Alive. I'm saying that if I don't notice a difference between the 2 albums, then I don't diserve to listen to black metal.

I'll see on sunday.

Ooooh. Don't worry, you'll notice it. It's night and day.

Posted by Omni

Yeah, it's impossible to not notice. In fact, you should notice the difference between that and other Darkthrone albums aside from The Cult Is Alive, too.

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;576925]Joke get? Though, unfortunately, I know a couple people, including Phant, who don't know the difference. le sigh

I forgot to mention how Phant almost **** his pants when he listened to "Devil's Haircut" by Beck after I sent it to him, because there's a funny screaming part at the end that scares him. He still gets mad when you bring it up and refuses to listen to Beck now.

Posted by Xero

I haven't listened to DarkThrone yet. I spent most of my week-end listening to In Pine effect.

I must say, Corrupt, that this album is probably the best he made so far. Every single song on this album rocks. I absolutely love it. Mostly Funky December. That song made me wanna dance :p:

Thanx again :)
What would be your next U-ziq suggestion?

Posted by Corrupt

It's "Funky Pipecleaner," just to set the record straight. :P And yeah, it's definitely one of the best things he's released in my opinion, right up there with the likes of Lunatic Harness and Tango N' Vectif (back when Francis Naughton produced alongside Mike P.).

I highly recommend pursuing Brace Yourself and Tango N' Vectif next. However, I think you'll have considerable difficulty finding the latter (at least the version I have) though, but it has been a while since I last checked Amazon or Discogs, so I could very well be wrong. So just look around and see what you find.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Corrupt: It's "Funky Pipecleaner," just to set the record straight. :P .

Yeah I know. I realized it when I got home yesterday after school... *blushs*

Quoting Corrupt: I highly recommend pursuing Brace Yourself and Tango N' Vectif next. However, I think you'll have considerable difficulty finding the latter (at least the version I have) though, but it has been a while since I last checked Amazon or Discogs, so I could very well be wrong. So just look around and see what you find.

Yay. But does the music style of those albums reamin the same? Is it still musical or is there something..."new"? :)

I hope I'll find it on amazon. As long as I get the album, the version does not matter. It'll probably be good stuff anyways :)

Posted by Corrupt

[quote=Xero]But does the music style of those albums reamin the same? Is it still musical or is there something..."new"?

I'd say that the tracks on Brace Yourself are more in the style of Lunatic Harness, so if you liked that album, then this would be an excellent choice. The whole album is very melodic and has an upbeat feel to it, too. It's quite nice.

Tango N' Vectif is the first piece of work released by

Posted by Omni

Hey, Xero, I'm posting here to remind you that you said you wanted to check out Muse because everyone seems to like them so much. I just remembered Make sure that you get either Absolution or Origin Of Symmetry, as those are probably the easiest albums by them to get into.

I'll go ahead and say you should probably check out Absolution first, which has many of their best and most popular tracks. "Stockholm Syndrome" and "Hysteria" are amazing guitar tracks that rock so much, and "Time Is Running Out" has a great funky sound to it.

I also really like Black Holes And Revelations, though it's something of a departure from their previous work. All of their albums are amazing.