How to use Office Communicator 2007?

Posted by Proto Man

Ok, so I have Office 2007 Professional Plus. It is supposed to have Office Communicator 2007, but I can't seem to find it, or figure out how to work it. It doesn't seem to be a separate program, or an install option. So how do I use it? The Office website doesn't seem to be too clear on it either. :(

Posted by Trigger

Just use another IM program, or netsend for internal network use, considering that's essentially what the program does.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Trigger: Just use another IM program, or netsend for internal network use, considering that's essentially what the program does.

Yeah I suppose... I just wanted to try it out though. Although what I read about it for IMing, it isn't too great on that. You can't do certain things that you could on the actual AIM or Live Messenger.

Posted by Trigger

What do you expect? The product is aimed at businesses and large networks for easier internal communication; it's designed for people to quickly and simply share information with those they need to, not to chat all day to boost their social life.