Soul Calibur Legends...

Posted by Prince Shondronai

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3159324

Meh. 3rd-person Adventure game. How exciting. Where's Soul Calibur IV with Link and Ganondorf, is what I want to know!

Posted by muffla

too lazy to click the link but you make it sound like a mortal kombat konquest ripoff

Quoting muffla: too lazy to click the link but you make it sound like a mortal kombat konquest ripoff

Surely it will be better than that, but I can't imagine it will be as good as the other option that I mentioned.

Posted by Degeneration

This spinoff could be a sign that the "real" SC series is headed to the PS3 and/or 360.

It happened to Resident Evil... It could happen to you.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Degeneration: This spinoff could be a sign that the "real" SC series is headed to the PS3 and/or 360.

SC for the Ps3/360 was pretty much certain some time down the line. But this game was not. If they do well with the idea it will give another good title to look at for the Wii. Besides, it sounds like they have been working on it for a bit now, so it hardly would count as a "sorry wii, heres a constellation prize"

Hell the next SC could be for Wii too (using the GC controller), we should be happy because we got this anyways.

Posted by Linko_16

3rd Person Adventure? So, like Zelda or *** of War or something? Could be good.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Linko_16: 3rd Person Adventure? So, like Zelda or *** of War or something? Could be good.

The page won't load on my PC for some reason.

I love 3rd person adventures. Sounds like it's worth a shot...or a slash :p:

Posted by Drewboy64

could be sweet.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Degeneration;576521]This spinoff could be a sign that the "real" SC series is headed to the PS3 and/or 360.

Wii got an original RE game, 360 and PS3 got a RE that seems to be totally MIA apart from one video which shows it's taken a giant leap back and has no input from the director of RE4 whatsoever.

Last SC game not on a Nntendo console not up to scratch? Check. New game for Wii? Check. Woo hoo!

Posted by Dexter

River City Ransom and Batman Forever were good fighting adventures so I always tend to have a little faith in these projects. It would be nice to get a good fighting game on the Wii though. Besides Super Smash, of course.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Speedfreak: Last SC game not on a Nntendo console not up to scratch? Check.

Soul Calibur III not up to scratch? I'm as disappointed as any Nintendo fan that it didn't come to GameCube, but it was still a great game.

Posted by Speedfreak

Last I checked SCIII wasn't as good as SCII or I according to most reviews. That and s0ul himself.

I didn't care for Soul Calibur III, myself. I play Cassandra in II, and they dumbed down all of her moves, essentially making her a clone of Sophitia. That and the fact that Namco didn't release the arcade version until nearly a year after the ps2 release. Jerks.

Posted by Poolking99

Why is all the news in the past couple weeks severly dissappointing. I thought quality games would eventually show their faces from another company other than Nintendo, with sales being astronomical and all.

Why do developers feel the need to change a winning formula. I will bet that this is nowhere near a SCII sequel (I heard the third was garbage) would be.
Bad Move.

Posted by Linko_16

Well, fu[color=indigo]ck. I liked Soul Calibur III.[/color]

I chuckle at your lack of taste, Linko.

Anywho, if you can't play as Cassandra or at least Sophitia in this game, I shan't be picking it up.

Posted by Linko_16

Well, character changes bothered me, too. I don't like the new Talim, and I'll never get over Astaroth's and Yoshimitsu's goofy new voices. I'm still majorly bummed it wasn't on GameCube, also, which had the infinitely superior controller for this kind of game - the A,B and K button all within reach of one stationary thumb.

One thing I liked about it were the custom characters, not just because you could make your own fighter, but also because of all the new weapon sets to master that came with it. The war mode (whatever it was called) was fun also; my friend tells me it's pretty much same thing as, I believe, Ogre Battle 64, but it was an enjoyable diversion for me.

Posted by s0ul

Yeah I thought Soul Calibur 3 really brought the suck for the most part. When I first played it it seemed stiff. Real stiff. Like Mortal Kombat stiff. I played it some more a few months later and it didn't seem as bad but Soul Calibur 2 had its stuff together way better and was just a lot better in general, crisper, better interface, much more fluid. Soul Calibur 3 was over-ambitious.

This could be really **** cool though. I don't know what this saving an empire crap is though, I just want to be Siegfried in his little bandit raider club and get to kill my own dad then go crazy when I realized I killed my own dad! You know, the works. In the unlikely event that they do this well, I'm excited.

Posted by Speedfreak

Wonder if this'll end up as some weird Nintendo version of Devil May Cry or God of War. Seems like it might be a kind of "kill everything on the screen" game from the couple of shots I saw.

I sure hope not, because both those games were overrated turds absolutely devoid of any gameplay.

Posted by Zeta

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/Kvar/lloydscl.jpg[/IMG]

y halo thar Lloyd.

Posted by Linko_16

I trust Namco to do at least as good a job with this game as D3 did with Dragon Blade, and I kind of like that game.

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Linko_16: [img]Shatbricks[/img]

Gaw'd I Bol'd

Anyway, I heard is was gonna be a hack-n-slash from a friend.
Don't know if want...

Posted by crelda

Unfortunately i cant get very exited about this game even though i want it to be good. I can only see the really **** extra mode with Jin on the last Tekken. Though it does mean if it is great then i will enjoy it more as I'm not expecting it.

Posted by wiifreak

i can't wait to sc:legends come to europe.i think it will be hack'n'slash rpg instead of fight but i don't care about it i buy it anyway.