Dark Secret - Day 14

Posted by Sak

Here's Day 14, the longest chapter that I've ever written for anything! :p: (Don't ask how I finished it in two days 'cause I don't quite know how I did either.)
____
Dark Secret
Day 14 - Beyond the Grave

-- Kairi’s House: Basement --

6 months had passed since Ryo’s death. 6 months of peace, 6 months of happiness, 6 months without heartbrid attacks. Anara was in the basement, sitting over an anvil with a large hammer in her hands. Anara had converted the basement into a bit of a workshop over the 6 months so she could do some blacksmithing and mechanical stuff. She was wearing a pastel yellow tube-top, a pair of tan capris, yellow flip flops, her usual fingerless gloves, Angela’s leaf amulet, a pair of black goggles around her neck, and what appeared to be bandages on her right forearm, her left arm just above her elbow, and the thigh of her left leg. Not shockingly, she was wearing her usual, greyish green bandana. Anara slammed the hammer down onto the object lying on the anvil, causing sparks to fly everywhere. Today was the day; the one year anniversary of Sean’s death. Anara tried her best not to think about it, but she just couldn’t help it. On this day, one year ago, Anara had failed to protect the man that she had been deeply in love with. Perhaps if she hadn’t been the weakling that she was, then Sean would be alive, and the two of them would be happy together on some far off planet. Anara lifted up the hammer and slammed it down again. But then again, if Sean hadn’t died, then she never would have met the “little kiddies”, as she liked to call them, and if she had never met the “little kiddies”, then Riku might still be under the control of Ryo and probably would have killed everyone else. Though she hated to admit it, Anara harbored some feelings for Riku. Anara swung the hammer down a third time. “Anara, are you down here?” asked a voice. It was Kairi. “Yeah, Kairi, I’m down here!” she replied. She swung the hammer down on the anvil a fourth time. Kairi thudded down the stairs and ran over to where Anara was. Kairi was wearing typical schoolgirl attire consisting of a white, short sleeved button down shirt, a blue skirt, a pair of blue socks, and a matching blue tie. “What do you want, Kairi?” Anara asked. “Well, me, Hotaru, Sora, Sara, Sai, and Riku know about what day today is, so me, Hotaru, and Kousuke have decided to take you out to dinner to cheer you up since Sara and Sai are off on Shibumi and Riku and Sora are out working,” Kairi replied. There was a pause for a few moments. “Okay. Just let me finish this up first.” “Okay, I’ll go tell Hotaru and Kousuke.” Kairi bounded up the stairs, leaving Anara alone in her little workshop. Anara slammed her hammer down one last time. She waited a few seconds, and picked up the object that she had been hammering. It was a curved, sickle shaped, turquoise colored dagger. A dagger identical to it lay not too far away. Anara picked the other dagger up and swung the two daggers around in a few simple motions. The daggers proved to be just as light and fast as her claws were, perhaps even lighter and faster. She slid the twin blades into the sheaths that she had made for them and walked up the stairs.

-- Shibumi: Sara’s Mom’s House --

“Why did you follow me, kid?” Sara asked in annoyance. She was wearing her usual dark grey t-shirt with the painted on bullet hole, her torn up jeans, her combat boots, and her various arm accessories. Her electric blue hair was held in short pigtails, like always, and her bangs were brushed over to one side to cover her right eye. “’Cause I felt like it,” Sai replied while Nori-nori nodded her head. Sai was wearing his usual silvery t-shirt, silvery scarf, and his black pants. His silver cape, however, was absent. “You are such a little kid.” “Am not!” “Whatever you say, kid.” Kid. That was what Sara had been calling Sai for a long time now, so long that Sai actually responded to it and hardly minded at all when she called him it. It had become like a nickname for Sai that only she could use. “So why are we here, Sara?” “My mom died and her body disappeared.” “So?” “What do you mean ‘so’?!? This is my mom we‘re talking about, kid!” “Well sooooooooooory.” Sara rolled her eyes. “You’re so immature.” Sara paced around the dirty, hardwood floor near where her mother’s body was last seen. Where could it have possibly gone? Bodies couldn’t just get up and run away, right? It’s not like anyone would steal her mother’s body either; she wasn’t an important or famous or anything like that. That seemed like the only logical explanation, though. Her mother’s body must’ve been stolen. Sara’s eyes rolled into the back of her head, and the room around her went black. Then, the darkness dissolved away to show an image, as it always did. Sara walked away from where she was standing and headed to the back porch. She stood there and stared at a figure in the distance. As the figure gradually got closer to her, Sara recognized who the figure was. It was her [I]mother. Her mother wasn’t walking normally though; it appeared as though her back were bent over slightly, and her arms hung limply at her sides while her legs inched forward. Was there something wrong with her? Sara jumped off of the deck and ran forward, towards her mother. When she was a few feet away, Sara stopped abruptly in her tracks.

-- Kairi’s House: Ground Floor--

“C’mon, Anara. Let’s go!” Kousuke exclaimed when Anara finally got upstairs. Kousuke was wearing a double layered t-shirt and a pair of slightly baggy pants. The upper t-shirt was green and had a [font=symbol]

Posted by Sak

“I’m you’re girlfriend… well if you still want me to-” “Of course I still want you to be my girlfriend, the offer never expired.” “Good.”

-- Shibumi: Sara’s Mom’s House --

“I’m afraid nobody’s going to die while we’re here,” said a rather shrill voice. “Oh, goodie, more enemies to fight!” Ketsu said. He threw Sara off to the side like she was nothing. Sara crashed into the ground beside Sai, and the impact hurt her like hell. “You okay, Sara?” Sai asked as he helped her get up. “Fine,” she managed to grunt back. She turned her head just in time to see Ketsu begin to battle two figures. One of the figures was obviously female. She, like Ketsu, had scaly, green skin, and ridiculously long and thin arms. Her long, bright red hair barely managed to end at her thighs, and her face seemed to resemble that of a snake. Kairi had told Sara of a heart rid-like snake-woman who had attacked Kairi, Sora, and Kousuke in the basement of Kairi’s house about 6 months ago. Perhaps this snake-woman was that some snake-woman, but fighting on the side of good instead of evil. The other figure was a male with tan skin and a black buzz cut, draped in a black leather trench coat with a pair of black pants and black leather boots. He also carried a rather large sword in his hands. Sara knew who he was; over 6 months ago, she had had a vision of him about to kill Anara, and after that Anara had told Sara about him attacking her, Riku, and Sai on the second floor of Kairi’s house the same day the snake-woman had attacked. Perhaps, he too, was fighting on the side of good now. The snake-woman pinned Ketsu down to the ground with her vicious claws. “IMMOBILIZE!” she yelled. Unlike when a normal mage cast the spell, the spell launched from the snake-woman’s mouth. It hit Ketsu, and he seemed to freeze in place. Slowly, the snake-woman released her grip. Just then, Ketsu kicked her stomach with both of his feet. “Nice try, bitc, but time magic doesn’t affect me,” he taunted. The snake-woman went flying into the air. “Aniska!” the tan-skinned man yelled as he shape shifted into a giant bird. He caught her in his talons, and flew towards the ground where he let her land softly. “Thank you, Tobias,” Aniska said to the shape shifter. By that time, Ketsu had already begun to disappear into a pool of shadow. “Damn it!” Tobias cursed when he reverted back to his human form. “Don’t worry, Tobias. We’ll see him again,” Aniska said, comfortingly. Then, Aniska’s arms began to decrease in length, and her claws turned into hands. It seemed that the long arms and claws transformation was only for battle. “Thank you,” Sara said. Aniska and Tobias turned to face her and Sai. “Don’t mention it,” Tobias said, smiling as he and Aniska began to disappear into what seemed to be a whirlpool of mud. “Wait!” Sara shouted just as they disappeared. “Damn it. They’re gone already.” “What were you going to ask them, Sara?” Sai asked. “What they were doing here, and what they know about what’s been going on lately,” she replied without looking at him. The two of them just stood there for a few moments. “So can we go home now? I mean it’s not like we have anything left to do here,” Sai said. “Alright.” Sara and Sai walked back to the Gummi Ship and took off.

-- Battle on the Destiny Islands: Kairi, Selphie, and Sora --

“AERO!” Kairi yelled. A blast of wind burst out from the palm of her hand. The spell didn’t do much damage to the enemies in front of her, but it did push them back a few feet. “THUNDAGA!” she yelled. “WATERGA!” Selphie, who was right next to her, yelled at the same exact time. The water rained down from the sky first, soaking all of the reanimated corpses in front of them. Then the thunder fell down from the clear sky, lighting up the entire battlefield and coursing through the empty veins of the corpses, frying them both inside and out. The powerful combination managed to wipe out many of the living corpses, or “mindless”, as Kairi liked calling them, but more of them just filled the spots of the fallen ones. It seemed as if the army was endless, that Kairi and her friends would lose this battle and die at this very spot., but she couldn’t give up hope yet; the battle had only just begun, and anything was possible. “GRAVITY!” Selphie yelled. Most of the mindless nearby the two mages had been pulled down to the ground, immobilized. It was the perfect chance to strike. “LIGHT AURA!” Kairi yelled three times, her grey book glowing in her left hand. Short beams of light flew down from the sky above, like a meteor shower, lighting up the sky almost as bright as day. Each and every one of the beams of light struck a mindless that was affected by Selphie’s gravity spell, burning each one to ashes. Just then, one of the mindless managed to sneak up on Kairi, but before it could strike, it was cut in half by the swift motion of a keyblade. “Thanks, Sora!” Kairi said. “No problem,” he said while fighting off two more mindless.

-- Battle on the Destiny Islands: Wakka --

“Take this you deformed son of a bitch!” Wakka yelled as he shot an airborne mindless in the back of one of its wings. How Anara knew there would be airborne mindless, Wakka didn’t know, but there sure were a lot of them. About a dozen airborne mindless flew around Wakka in a circle, and he just laughed. They thought that they had him cornered, that he would be helpless with his shotgun simply because they were flying around him as fast as they possibly could. What the mindless didn’t know was that he had the best aim on the island, well, next to Sara of course. Wakka took aim at one and shot it directly in the chest. Followed by another, and another, and another. Soon, there was only one left. Wakka took aim and pulled the trigger, but nothing happened. “This sucks, ya?” Wakka said to himself. He was completely out of ammo. The mindless didn’t even respond to the fact that he didn’t have anything left to shoot at it with. All that it did was continue to fly around him and stare at him with its blank, lifeless, glowing greenish yellow eyes. Wakka threw his shotgun at the mindless. It hit the creature’s stomach and sent it spiraling down to the ground. “Anyone else want a piece of me?!?” Wakka shouted.

-- Battle on the Destiny Islands: Kousuke and Hotaru --

“Yes, Ms. Simone, we really are being attacked; this isn’t a prank. Be sure to stay inside,” Kousuke said into his cell phone before hanging up. “Man, this stinks. Why do I have to be stuck doing this?” “Because you’re the best people-person of any of us,” Hotaru said, leaning on the wall. The two of them had basically been doing nothing the whole battle since none of the mindless had managed to get through Kairi and Selphie’s barrier of magical spells. “Either that, or you’re way too cute to risk on the battlefield.” “Oh shut up,” Kousuke said, blushing. He dialed another number on his cell phone, and repeated what he had said to Ms. Simone only a few seconds earlier. Pretty soon, every single person on all of the Destiny Islands would know about the mindless attack, and Kousuke and Hotaru would have some time to themselves. Just then, a pool of darkness appeared not too far away from where the two of them were standing. Out of the pool stepped a man who looked a bit like Kokiro, except with scaly, greenish skin and longer arms. “Finally, something to do!” exclaimed Hotaru as she grabbed her sword. Right behind her, Kousuke clapped his hands together and formed his silvery sword. Hotaru jumped up in the air and brought her sword down upon the man in a vertical swing. He blocked the blow with one of his scaly arms and kicked Hotaru into the wall. “You bastard!” Kousuke yelled as he attempted to stab the man directly in the stomach. The mysterious man simply sidestepped the futile attack and kneed Kousuke in the stomach. Kousuke screamed in pain. The man simply laughed hysterically. Hotaru slowly got up from the ground and yelled, “Shut up you son of a bitch!” “And what will you do if I don’t?” the man taunted. Hotaru pulled off her cross necklace and placed it on her sword, turning it bright red and causing it to pulse with immense power. She charged at the man and stabbed him straight through the chest. Greenish black blood oozed from the grave wound, and the man disappeared into a pool of shadow. “Well that takes care of that,” Hotaru said, removing the cross from her sword, returning it to its normal form. She walked over to Kousuke and asked, “Are you okay?” “Yeah,” came the reply.

-- Battle on Destiny Islands: Anara, Riku, and Tidus --

Anara hacked off the head of yet another mindless with her sickle-shaped daggers. She had already killed dozens of them; Anara didn’t know precisely how many, though; they just kept coming at her. Nearby, Riku tore dozens to shreds in mere moments with his keyblade, and Tidus stabbed about ten of them at lightning speed. Their efforts were futile though; it seemed as if there were an endless amount of them and that their number wasn’t decreasing. Anara sighed; she hadn’t wanted to rely on the powers granted to her from Angela’s amulet, but it appeared that she had no choice.
She closed her eyes. Then, Anara clasped the amulet in her hand and focused all of her thoughts on it. She let its power flow through her veins; she let it consume her. Anara opened her eyes, her left one glowing bright green, her right one glowing bright yellow. Around her, the ground began to shake and become loose only to float up in the air, high above Anara’s head. Nearby, plants began to spring to life out of nowhere and grab hold of as many nearby mindless as possible, while even more bits of rock flew up into the night sky to join the rest of them. Anara let out a breath that she didn’t realize she had been holding and shouted, “CATACLYSM!” All of the bits of rock and earth up in the air crashed down upon the mindless, like a meteor shower without the fire. At the same time, the plants holding some of the mindless began to tear their captors into bits and pieces. Then, as soon as it had begun, it ended, not leaving a single mindless standing. Anara’s eyes closed, and she collapsed into Riku’s arms, who had been standing behind her, watching the sky in awe the whole time, along with all of Anara’s other friends. All the while, a single figure floated in the air, her long green hair blowing in the wind. “Very impressive, Anara,” she muttered as she disappeared into the shadows.

-- Aftermath: Kairi’s House: Anara’s Room --

Anara woke up to the sun shining in her face through her window, lying on top of her bed sheets in her clothes. Was it morning already? She yawned loudly and got out of bed. She walked down the hallway, following the sound of voices, and discovered Sora, Riku, Kairi, Kousuke, and Hotaru in the kitchen, eating breakfast. “Morning, boss,” Riku said. “I told you not to call me that, Riku,” Anara said. “I know, I know. ‘You’re not my boss, you’re my girlfriend’, but what else am I supposed to call you?” “Anara’s fine with me.” “Yeah, but where’s the fun in that?” “I hate you, Riku.” “I know.” She kissed him on the cheek and took a seat at the table. “Did I just see what I think I saw?!?” Kairi asked Hotaru. “Yes, you just saw what you thought you saw ‘cause I saw it too!” Hotaru replied. “Success!” the two girls said in unison while each other a high five. About a minute later, Sara and Sai burst through the door. “Honeys, we’re home!” Sai shouted. “You are such a little kid,” Sara said. Nori-nori seemed to nod her head and actually agree with Sara instead of Sai for once.

-- to be continued --

Posted by Dark Seth

cool. I kinda like Naruto better (alot actually. explains why I'm side admin of 8 Naruto Sites. I know so much about it) but this is still cool.

Posted by Roxas Lover

I loved this chapter. It made me laugh a lot.

Posted by Sak

Quoting Roxas Lover: I loved this chapter. It made me laugh a lot.

Really? I was actually trying to make it more serious, but whatever. Glad ya liked it. :p: :D :p:

Posted by Roxas Lover

That's why it made me laugh, the seriousness was too serious.

Posted by Sak

Quoting Roxas Lover: That's why it made me laugh, the seriousness was too serious.

lol. Really?:p:

Posted by Roxas Lover

Yes. That is how I saw it. I always laugh when there's seriousness and undead people-like situations together, I don't know why though.

Posted by Sak

Quoting Roxas Lover: Yes. That is how I saw it. I always laugh when there's seriousness and undead people-like situations together, I don't know why though.

I wish I could do that! :eek: