**** cockroaches

Posted by Electrical Hazard

My house is ****ing infested with them I kill about one or two a day
and we have put down all sots of poisons and other things.

My belief is that if I keep stepping on them eventually I will get them all.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Good luck with that. One female carries about forty eggs in one sack, and about eight sacks in one life, do the math. Call pest control.

So basically I am wacked

Posted by Jesse Smith

Blah!!! Cockroaches are pure, clean and innicent!!! Think of them as your very own little pets!! They just wanna live with you!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Pit

clean your house top to bottom. open up all cabinets, and the put a couple of roach bombs, which should kill, you know, about half of them since you can't kill em all. Clean up the house and get rid of the dead roaches. Put some boric acid lining the back of cabinets, back of fridge. Also, maintain your house clean. Sinks, wipe up, or not they'll feed of the dirty water. Dry up your bathroom after you're done and clean up after you eat.

Cut off their food and water and they'll eventually be controlled. You can't kill roaches or really get rid of them 100%. The cleanest house has roaches, but whether they'd be visible or not, well yeah.

Or call pest control. They'd kill a good 95% of them. The rest be up to you though.

I'll try a few of those suggestions

Posted by lameboyadvance

...Aren't some types of cockroach edible?
You could save on food bills... :p:

;)

My house also has roaches, and more lately, ants. They're living in the walls, and every time you spray their nest(s) they just pop up somewhere else in the house.
We need to get it sprayed, but since my mum is so sensitive to that sort of stuff (and I don't really feel like breathing in poisonous chemicals myself), we all need to clear out for at least a few days to do so.

Posted by Xero

It sucks, dude :(

My house is near a forest and so we always have spiders making webs all over the place. I kill a lot of them. But we don't waste time trying to get ride of them, because more will come in anyways :(

Quoted post: My house is near a forest and so we always have spiders making webs all over the place.

Represent. I live on a ravine, so spiders are our biggest problem. Just about every year I get some sort of spider infestation in my room. Can't be helped, no matter how often I clean it. Probably doesn't help that my room is closest to the ravine.

Posted by Fate

We have pest control come into our apartment every two or three weeks. In the two years I've been living here I've seen about three live spiders and one dead cockroach. Pest control is the way to go.

I have never really been comfortable with the idea of filling my living area with poisons, and pestisides.

Posted by Dexter

I've only seen about two spiders where I live in the last 3 years. No cockroaches. No flies. No mosquitoes. The only shocking encounter I really had was a raccoon chillin' on my couch and a deer in the kitchen that just stared at me when I came through the door. I had mountain lions on the yard all the time in Montana. Used to throw water balloons at them.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Dexter: I've only seen about two spiders where I live in the last 3 years. No cockroaches. No flies. No mosquitoes.

Dude I totally envy you :( Where do you live again?

Quoting Dexter: The only shocking encounter I really had was a raccoon chillin' on my couch and a deer in the kitchen that just stared at me when I came through the door. I had mountain lions on the yard all the time in Montana. Used to throw water balloons at them.

Haha that must have been funny. :p:

Quoted post: I have never really been comfortable with the idea of filling my living area with poisons, and pestisides.

Not like there's anything to worry about. If there was, they wouldn't be in business, would they?

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I haven't ever seen a cockroach in my house. Mainly, it's spiders. And mosquitoes. And wasps. And ants.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Xero: Dude I totally envy you :( Where do you live again?

Florida. If we didn't have pest control, cockroaches the size of my face would be living in my apartment.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Fate: Florida. If we didn't have pest control, cockroaches the size of my face would be living in my apartment.

Ewww creepy. =/

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Xero: Dude I totally envy you :( Where do you live again?

Oregon. We have all sorts of bugs here, I just don't see them in my house too often.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Dexter: Oregon. We have all sorts of bugs here, I just don't see them in my house too often.

Your wolfy plushies probably scare them away :p:

Not to sound too ignorant, but where is Oregon?

Posted by Dexter

Albany.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/cosplaydexterity/alb.png[/IMG]

Not too far from the ocean. It's about an hour's drive away, if even that.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Fate: Florida. If we didn't have pest control, cockroaches the size of my face would be living in my apartment.

Yeah, cockroaches and palmetto bugs, which are a type of cockroach, are extremely common in Florida. We have several species, both native and introduced. I hate them.

Posted by mis0

I couldn't believe the fukken mosquitos in Florida. They were the size of DOGS.

Here in the desert, I see scorpions, centepedes, and spiders more than anything else. There are a few mosquitos, which are usually really small anyway.

Posted by George

Don't kill them. Why don't you just move? That way you can put your problems on someone else. That would be richeous!

Posted by Xero

Quoting George: Don't kill them. Why don't you just move? That way you can put your problems on someone else. That would be richeous!

=/ I doubt I'd go through all the trouble of moving out just because of bugs...

Posted by Average n00b

Quoting Jesse Smith: Blah!!! Cockroaches are pure, clean and innicent!!! Think of them as your very own little pets!! They just wanna live with you!!! :D:D:D:D

Totally, put little leashes on all of them and take them for a walk!

Posted by veritas

I got ant problems in my house. It sucks. At least they're not in my room. Cause I got so many old dishes laying on my floor.

Posted by Raptor

Those pesky insects, how dare they share the planet with us!

Posted by Sterling

I've been having some mice problems recently, which is odd because they usually come in the winter. And it's really creepy when I hear them in my room. That's the only pest we have in our house. Well, beside from a millipede once.

Posted by Dexter

Ask yourself "what would Willard do?"

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I actually found something awesome the other day. See, we also have a slight ant problem in addition to the occasional mouse, and so while the mice go around eating all the ants off the floor it was also eating detergent out of the carpet from when the washing machine overflowed the other day.

So I went into the kitchen and there's a mouse dead on its back in the middle of the carpet. And there are ants all over it, swarming the thing, eating into its stomach (and probably out of it) and getting the most awesome revenge.

I recently got rid of most of them I'm not seeing the roaches any more

Posted by Bebop

Kill yourself. Thats the only way out of it.

Posted by lameboyadvance

[quote=Bebop]Kill yourself. Thats the only way out of it.Don't do that, you'll only give them extra food to help multiply. ;)

Posted by mis0

Obviously, the answer is to burn down your house.

Posted by Omni

I think the most permanent solution is not only to burn down your house and kill yourself, but also to kill your family and burn down their houses to prevent further infestations.

find a cockroach and decapitate it. Apparently they can live pretty long without a head. Prove it.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Apparently they can live pretty long without a head.

So they don't even need eyes, ears, a brain (therefore nerves) nor a mouth to live?

lol

Posted by ExoXile

When I was with me gal in the Americas I had my first encounter with one of these hellcritters. -_-

First one I just saw on the wall, so I couldn't close my eyes, because every time I did it moved. :(

Finally I fell asleep and never saw that one again.

Second encounter was several weeks later, we were just playing a game when all of a sudden from nowhere this freaking rouacherbug comes flying straight into my head.
I about crapped my pants.

Later we killed the sucker, which took over 10 thumps a shoe, and after that he still moved...

Only happy thing about being in Sweden again is that we don't have no cockroaches, yay. :)

Posted by Fate

I read somewhere that the brain of a cockroach is inside the body, not the head. The only reason it dies after the head is cut off is because it can't eat.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Fate: I read somewhere that the brain of a cockroach is inside the body, not the head. The only reason it dies after the head is cut off is because it can't eat.

Wow that's special. I never knew that. 0_o

Posted by Fate

http://yucky.discovery.com/flash/roaches/pg000214.html