Polarium

Posted by Bebop

Very good puzzler thats frustrating at times. Has extremely crap music. How else has this gem?

Posted by Nizmo

Polarium was fun for a little while, but it was short. It turned out to be pretty dull too. Black and white all day long gives you hunger shortage. It's a nice puzzler, but it doesn't take full advantage of the DS' features. Checkmate mode could have easily been produced for the GBA, but I can see why you need the stylus to play on challenge mode. That's too fast for D-pad control.

I liked the game, but it doesn't come anywhere near Tetris.

Posted by Bebop

How many puzzles are there?

Posted by Speedfreak

One hundred, plus you can make your own and give them to friends.

Posted by Bebop

bah! A 100? I'd have finished it by tomoz. I'll just take it bakc and save up for TP3.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

You really won't have finished it by now. I'm stuck on level 66. And my highest grade is D- :P

Why don't we turn this into a password trading thread? Here's my first attempt - its amazingly easy, but I made it for my friend who sucks.

13005 70853
51685 33983
78804 13863

Enjoy!

EDIT: I beat 66! With the easiest ever line! I'm a fool...

EDIT the second: New puzzles for you...

21492 66612
96320 66040
87713 18980

I think this one is actually quite hard, although if you play Polarium regularly this shouldn't be too much of a problem...

50618 95522
58804 77582
81391 94401

This one's easy.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Im getting this game on Friday and I can't wait, I love a good puzzle and I heard it had good music and I love good music to a game, I hope your opinion opposes mine... Hopefully.

Posted by Mini Rebew

i played the demo on nintendo.com, and i dont think im going to get it, its not worth 30 bucks

The music isn't great, but it does fit the game. I recently picked it up again and blasted through a couple more puzzles. In fact, I'm going to go and try again now.

Posted by Echo

I've got it, and I really enjoy it myself. The Challenge mode is really hard, though. I'm only on puzzle 45 or so. But I usually play it for a few minutes before I go to sleep, beating a puzzle or two.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It's good for a filler. Pretty blah game all together though.

But if anyone is dying to use thier DS, this is a good game to pick up.

I'm only on level 52. Quite a bit more challenging than I expected.

I reckon I play more Polarium than Wario Ware, now. Wait until you get to the 80s onwards, they're amazingly hard. I've only just got to levels 90-100 and I've had the game for a month and a half.

Posted by NightmareBassX

A month and a half? The game came out like a week an a half ago where I live. Well I AM dying to use my ds and Im going to get it, I like a game that is hard to beat but gets boring. Because at times you just want to play it and beat it, and it just seems... Fun.

Dude where the fsck do you live? And I know what you mean about the tedium - puzzle games do that to me as well. You just keep going at it because you want to get to the next level.

I STILL haven't got higher than a D- on Challenge...

Posted by NightmareBassX

Yeah lolz, I just got it yesterday, And I live in new york. Yeah I didnt get pact d- either, but then again, I just got it like 4 hours ago :) . I have 38% done in puzzle mode, I've been playing challenge Mode alot, its fun.

Whats your highest score in challenge? Mine is...
Grade - D-
Score - 174195
Total lines - 237

I don't know if thats good or not.

Hah, mine's D-, 342705, and with only 232 lines :p

Posted by NightmareBassX

I will get higher then a D- Sooner or later! Level 2 you dont get much points, since the lines don't fall in much a pattern. Im now up to 49% done with the game.

Haha, not true - if you get it right, there are some very high-scoring patterns you can get on level 2.

I beat all 100 puzzles yesterday. You don't get anything except a congratulations splash and the game credits.

Which is how gaming SHOULD BE. :p

Posted by NightmareBassX

Im up to 68% in 4 days.

I got a new challenge score too, its not much better though.
Grade - D-
Score - 249565
Total Lines - 258

I hate when I move the stylus too quick and I **** up my pattern.

Posted by Echo

Quoting Wings: You really won't have finished it by now. I'm stuck on level 66. And my highest grade is D- :P

Why don't we turn this into a password trading thread? Here's my first attempt - its amazingly easy, but I made it for my friend who sucks.

13005 70853
51685 33983
78804 13863

Enjoy!

EDIT: I beat 66! With the easiest ever line! I'm a fool...

EDIT the second: New puzzles for you...

21492 66612
96320 66040
87713 18980

I think this one is actually quite hard, although if you play Polarium regularly this shouldn't be too much of a problem...

50618 95522
58804 77582
81391 94401

This one's easy.

Beat all three of those puzzles. Here's two of mine, neither of which are bery hard (I didn't spend too much time on them)

33358 47582
58804 77582
61894 96102

And

77907 20524
10804 77582
84964 15693

And my current high score is:

Grade: D-
Score: 177155
Lines: 222

56% completed puzzles

Posted by coromoro

A friend of mine has the game, and I've gotten the chance to play it a couple of times. The game seems to be worth my money, so I might get it one of these days. :cool:

Posted by dylananisa

i'm stuck on some puzzles on puzzle mode. on nintendo.com they had this thing about it it was soo stupid to watch*snore*

Just keep at it. That's what I did, and I eventually beat all 100.