Metal Gear

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I know it's something a lot of people want, and I'm working on a script to make this into a film. So far I've only got the introduction down pat, and while I want to stay true to the games, I also want to subvert the storyline slightly. Ideally what I'd like to end up with is how the Resident Evil films transferred the games' plot to the big screen - not exactly letter-by-letter, but still retaining the personality, tone and ideas behind it.

I'm going to base it around the period of the Cold War, as that just seems logical for something like Metal Gear, and utilise the story of Gray Fox becoming the masked ninja - although I am, again, altering the so-called 'reality' quite a bit in doing so.

Basically, what would you, the gamers, want to see, specifically, as regards a film like this? I'm not saying it will ever get made - probably as a fan movie, at best - but I really want to see this go the distance.

I'll post a first draft of the opening sequence when I feel it's time. Thanks for your input.

Posted by baddmint

hello