Dark Secret - Day 13

Posted by Roxas Lover

I am very sorry it took me so long to get this finished, I had too many projects to do. And I'm also sorry if it is boring. Hope you enjoy some of it.
--
Dark Secret - Day 13

--Hotaru

Posted by Roxas Lover

And now for the rest of it.
--
--Destiny Islands (Riku and Hotaru)--

“They should be here soon.” Hotaru told Riku. “Good, now all we have to do is find Ryo.” said Riku. “But where could he be?” “I don’t know, but I think that the only way we can know for sure is by climbing up to the highest place on the island.” “Why?” “Because then we’ll get a better view of the island that way. You stay here and wait for the others; I’ll go up and find out what has happened to the island.” “Alright, but what if Sara and the others can’t get through?” “I’m sure you’re cross could open a hole in it.” “But will you be ok by yourself?” “Don’t worry, I’ll be fine, just stay here.” “Ok.” Hotaru replied. Riku scanned the island for a minute and found that the highest area, without touching the barrier of course, was the top of an old tree house. He ran in the direction of the tree house, leaving his sister behind.

--Hotaru’s view--

“I hope the others come soon.” Hotaru thought, “But if they can’t get through the barrier, how am I going to open it?” She thought long and hard to search for the right chant, but only one word came to mind. “I guess I’ll just have to say that and see what happens.” she thought with hope. She watched out of the barrier for her friend’s to come in view.

--Riku’s view--

“Ok, now where could he be?” Riku thought to himself as he reached the highest point of the island. He searched the island with an aerial view but found nothing. “It doesn’t even look like that there’s anything wrong with the island.” Riku thought. He felt a small pain in his chest. “This must be that small part that Hotaru couldn’t get rid of. So that means that Ryo has to be here.” Riku looked down towards where he left his sister and checked to see if she was alright. When he caught eye of her, she looked fine. “Something doesn’t seem right. Wouldn’t Ryo have already came out and attacked us?” he thought. He thought long and hard about what Ryo could be planning. “Let’s see, Ryo is after Hotaru’s cross, but only Hotaru can remove the cross from her neck. The only way he would be able to do that is if he could get control of her, but that could only happen if she’s vulnerable.” he thought, “So when is Hotaru most vulnerable?” He looked back down at Hotaru and saw her holding something in her hands. Riku looked closer and saw that it was her golden cross. He thought harder about the necklace. “Wait a minute, when she uses the cross’s power, she has to have complete concentration and has to say her chants or else the power won’t work.” Riku then gained a look of fear in his eyes. “Then that would mean…” He then noticed that Hotaru was waving to someone. He looked over a little and saw that the others were near the barrier. “I better get down there quick.” he thought. And Riku started to jump down from his original position.

--Hotaru’s view--

Hotaru’s friends soon came into view and she gained a happy smile on her face. She waved to them and sent Sara a message. “When you get closer to the barrier, stop or else the electrical waves will hit you, got it?” she said in her mind. “Got it.” Sara replied, “I’ll make sure everyone stops.” Hotaru saw Sara say something to the others and they all understood. Hotaru waited for them to get a little closer, then she wrapped her hands around the cross dangling from her neck. A chill went down her spin. “I wonder what that was.” she thought. But she ignored it and closed her eyes. She needed to gain complete concentration or else the spell wouldn’t work. Breathing in and out, she calmed herself down and then began chanting. Hotaru then felt a presence coming up from behind her and then heard someone shout her name. She slowly opened her eyes before the chant was finished, canceling out the spell to see what was wrong. Immediately, she saw an overpowering shadow eclipsing her. “Hotaru duck!” she heard her brother shout to her. She instantly rolled to the ground and looked up to see Riku fending off Ryo. For a split second Riku overpowered Ryo, causing Ryo to jump away. “Hotaru, stay behind me.” he ordered her. “A-alright,” she responded, “But should I let the others in?” “Not until I get Ryo further away from you.” he told her. “Ok.” said replied. “Just make it easy on yourselves and give me what it rightfully mine.” Ryo told them. “That cross is not yours.” Riku yelled at him. “It was until your pitiful ancestors stole it from my ancestors.” Ryo responded. “That’s not true!” Hotaru yelled at him, “And even if it were true, I would never give it to you!” Ryo smirked and said, “You are his daughter.” Hotaru glared at Ryo, pulled out her sword and gripped the handle until her knuckles turned white. Her eyes were filled with a great amount of hatred. Ryo chuckled at the sight. “You think you can go up against me?” he taunted her. “Why, you scared to lose?” she shot back. “Hotaru, you sure you know what you’re doing?” Riku whispered to her. “I know what I’m doing. I just want this to be the last time I see his ugly face for as long as I live.” she vowed. A scythe entered Ryo’s hand and he pointed it at Hotaru. “Don’t worry, you won’t live for much longer.” he said. “Hey, you fight with my sister, you fight with me.” Riku said. Ryo laughed and said, “Fine with me, then I can get rid of the rest of your pathetic family.” Saying that caused Hotaru and Riku’s anger towards him grow even more. They both shot off at the same time and began their final battle with Ryo.

--Battle with Ryo--

Their weapons were up and ready to attack, as Riku and Hotaru charged forward, they noticed that Ryo wasn’t moving. He must have not seen them as very threatening, since he held his position and kept his scythe at his side. Hotaru reached him first and swung her sword at him, aiming straight for his neck. But to her surprise, he blocked her attack by holding up his scythe to parry it. He began pushing back on it, trying to cause her to lose balance, but she pushed back as well. Riku came up behind him and tried to hit the arm holding up the weapon, but a small wave of dark matter blocked his attack. He was expecting something like this to come from Ryo, but he didn’t know what else to do but keep attacking him. Ryo was getting annoyed by the many, yet useless, attacks from Riku and shoved Hotaru down to the ground. He turned to face Riku put a hand to his face. A ball of dark matter quickly formed in his hand and he shot it at Riku’s face. When the dark matter came in contact with Riku, it sent him flying back. “Riku!” Hotaru shouted. When he landed he struggled to get up, but he managed to get to his feet. His nose was bleeding and a small stream of blood fell from a corner of his mouth. The sight of him made her angry. “First he kills my father, then my mother, and now he’s trying to kill my brother. The anger and hatred from deep inside her heart for Ryo was now making itself known to everyone watching. The gem in the center of her necklace began to glow a bright red. “Hmm, what if…?” she thought to herself while looking down at her glowing necklace. She suddenly tore the cross from her neck, there was a little bit of pain in her neck and her hand from pulling it off. Everyone watching stared in amazement at what they thought was a risky move. “Decided to surrender, have we?” Ryo remarked. Hotaru gave him a smirk and replied, “Nope, quite the opposite.” She placed the cross where the blade and handle met. The center gem grew an even brighter shade of red and suddenly transformed the blade. Her sword grew longer and sharper, the blade shown an immensely bright red, and it gave off a strong and seemingly endless amount of energy. Everyone had speechless expressions on their faces. Hotaru felt the flow of power from the sword seep through her body. “I don’t know how long this will last, so I might as well make the most of it.” she told herself. She then charged forward, without warning, and began slashing her sword at Ryo. Catching him off guard, she managed to leave a long, bloody gash that hit his chest and stomach. Black blood began to spill from the cut and Ryo yelled in pain. He fell to his knees, but still didn’t die. Hotaru rushed over to her brother and checked to see if he was alright. “Where you learn to do that?” he asked her. “I don’t know honestly.” “That necklace of yours is full of surprises.” Riku joked. “Heh, yeah.” she said helping him up. Riku felt a little of Hotaru’s power flow over to him. He gained a little strength back and Hotaru noticed to. She took his hand and placed it on the bottom half of the sword. Riku’s body was fully healed and he stared at the sword in amazement. “Come on, let’s finish this.” Hotaru said. Riku looked into her eyes and suddenly understood her plan. He nodded and said, “Let’s.” They then charged at Ryo again, who was still on the ground, and raised their weapon. It seems that he was expecting them this time and blocked their attack with the metal end of his scythe. He began to laugh a sinister laugh. “Don’t you know that if you kill me, you’ll have to face off with my heartless and nobody?” he asked. Both of them smirked. “It’ll be our pleasure to destroy them as well.” the two of them said in unison. The metal on the scythe suddenly broke in half. The blade of Hotaru’s sword then cut through Ryo as easily as cutting a stick of butter. He was finally dead.

--Aftermath--

The remains of Ryo’s body drowned in a pool of darkness, never to be seen again. The barrier around the island dissipated as well, allowing the others to reach Riku and Hotaru. Running towards the two of them, they saw both of them collapse from exhaustion. Both of them were breathing heavily, but still didn’t let go of the sword, holding it as if their lives depended on it. Smiling at each other, they began to laugh. When the others reached them they had confused looks on their faces as to why they were laughing. “We finally did it!” Hotaru shouted. “Ryo’s finally dead! Yes!” Riku shouted. Everyone watched as Hotaru’s sword suddenly began to glow again. Her cross removed itself from the sword and a transparent couple appeared before them. Riku and Hotaru rose from the ground. “Mom.” Riku said. “Dad.” Hotaru said after her. The couple smiled at them and the father said, “Ryo’s finally gone.” “But what about his heartless and nobody?” asked Hotaru. “Because of the power from the cross, it was made so they were to never come into existence.” the mother explained. Everyone let out a sigh of relief. “The two of you have grown so much.” their mother said happily. “We’d like to stay and chat, but our time is nearly up.” their father explained. “But don’t worry, as long as you have that cross, we’ll there when you need us.” the mother finished explaining. Hotaru had a few happy tears in falling from her eyes and Kousuke walked over to her and put an arm around her. “Thanks, Mom, Dad.” Riku and Hotaru said in unison. “Protect each other and your friends.” their mother told them. “And you.” their father said pointing to Kousuke. Kousuke tensed up a little and answered, “Y-yes, sir?” “You better take good care of her or else.” he finished. Hotaru giggled and said, “Dad.” Everyone stared to laugh and Kousuke blushed. Their father put an arm around their mother and they began to fade away. They smiled and waved to their two children. Hotaru and Riku waved back and watched them disappear. Both of them knew that this wouldn’t be the last time that they would see their parents and smiled. After the two of them disappeared, everyone rejoiced at Ryo’s death. “Now, let’s get off of this island and celebrate!” Kairi said. “Yeah!” Sara shouted. Everyone but Hotaru and Anara started to walk off. Hotaru gathered up her sword and cross. “Well have to get this fixed.” she said. “Yeah.” Anara said in a sort of distant voice. “Is something wrong?” “No, I just have this feeling that a new battle is coming our way soon.” Anara said. “Then we’ll just have to prepare for it when it comes and take it out.” Hotaru said reassuringly. Anara smiled and said, “Yeah.” “Hotaru! Anara!” they heard their names being shouted. Both of them made their way to the rest of the group, leaving the island.

--End of Arc 1--

Posted by Sak

THAT WAS THE BEST CHAPTER EVERRRRRRRRR! :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:
____
I'll get started on Day 14 in like... 10 minutes.

Posted by Roxas Lover

I'm glad you liked it.