Spiderman 3

Posted by Bebop

Lets make this the offical thread. Out worldwide tomorrow but Im seeing it tonight for free :3

Posted by Fate

I thought the official release was on Friday.

Posted by Bebop

May 4th pip pip.

Posted by Dexter

I'm pretty sure it isn't out until Friday here. I'll be seeing it. yay!

Posted by Bebop

Friday is May 4th. Pip pip.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I'm seeing it next week. It's going to be too busy and too full of little kids to fully enjoy.

Posted by Bebop

You should diet better.

Posted by Crazy K

I been seeing the Venom trailer. It looks good. I'll probably be seeing it since Hot Fuzz probably wont come out up where I live for some time yet. I won't be seeing it Friday though.

Posted by Raptor

I watched the preview for it and I could barely refrain from giggling about how ridiculous it looks.

Posted by _Razgriz_

Quoting Crazy K: I been seeing the Venom trailer. It looks good. I'll probably be seeing it since Hot Fuzz probably wont come out up where I live for some time yet. I won't be seeing it Friday though.

That sucks, I saw Hot Fuzz and it was hilarious. I want to see SM3 but I hope that the CGI has improved from the trailer, cause it looks a lot worse than the last 2 movies.

Posted by maian

Tomorrow night, 12AM showing.

Yeeeah.

Posted by Buhnz_O'Steele

Gonna chug some Rockstar and go for the 12am showing

Posted by Bebop

Just got back from Spiderman 3 midnight staff screening. Im tired so give me some slack if theres spelling mistakes or whatever. Im just rolling this off my head before I sleep.

I'm a huge fan of the first 2 (more so the first than the second) but Christ was I disappointed. Honestly. Overkill.

Sandman
--------
The scene where Flint becomes Sandman is awesome. A truly great sequence with amazing effects. One of the best bits in the film. Problem is Flint gets so little character development you really don't care for him so he's really a waste of space. He keeps going on about how he "had to do crime" to save his daughter. Not that I care. Why should I? I certainly didn't learn anymore about why he turned to crime, the problems his child has and why hes fine to **** things up in new york and potentially kill hundreds of people yet he gets all teary eyed thinking of Ben Parker.

New Goblin
-----------
Pretty sweet. No real complaints. A really liked the new Goblin and right now I cant think of any major flaws.

Venom
------
There is so little of Brock VS Parker his motive for becoming Venom and wanting to kill Spiderman is virtually nil. You learn so little about Eddie that you honestly dont care. Naturally Venom is the best bit in the film. He looks amazing on screen but you'll need a fast eye as he's rarely on it.

Gwen Stacy
-----------
Stacey does alot to accidentally mess things up with MJ and Parker and it really helps the film. Shes hot to but she quickly disappears. Also the relationship between her and Eddie (they only go for coffee once) is so insignificant it just takes more away from Venoms motive. Also no one calls Venom 'Venom' in the film. Which kind of bugged me. Also Eddie turning into Venom is better in the trailer than in the film. Go figure.

There are 3 dancing scenes. That's right. Dancing. Each one longer and more cringing to watch than the last. The jazz scene in particular.

Spider never uses his Spider sense once.

One of the best bits is when Parker beats up Mary Jane. You heard.

Bruce Cambell has an awesome cameo. Better than the previous 2. You'll love it.

Stan Lee has an awful cameo. Just leave it as that.

Pretty sweet action scenes. Alot of spanners thrown into the MJ and Peter thing too. More so than Spidey 2.

The symbionite. Honestly. Weakest introduction I've ever seen. It falls to Earth. Thats it. It just falls. No-one notices. Jonah's kid was in the last one so I thought he'd bring it from space like in the comics. No. It falls. The introduction of the would be Venom is quicker than it took you to read this paragraph. No joke.

Overall Character development is really lacking, enemy overkill and annoying scenes but some sweet special effects and action scenes plus MJ and Peters relationship gets more involvement.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Yeah, Bebop, I didn't like the lacking of development either, but the film already ran 2 and a half hours. To effectively introduce Flint, Venom/Brock and others, they'd need way more time.

Of course, they could've just dropped some of the dancing sequences. But I did like Peter's solo dancing when he gets all suaved out. I thought it added a lot to the movie, comically.

Posted by Bebop

His Saturday Night Fever bit was funny at first but they came back to it and made it hard to watch.

Posted by nich

Saw it today, thought it was pretty darn good. I agree, the characters definately weren't properly explored, but it was enough, I think. The only thing I truely think I can complain about is the amount of crying, so much crying.

Posted by veritas

Im gonna go see it Monday. Isnt it like 3 hours long?

Posted by Pit

gonna see it again tomorrow

can't believe they dont show him websling at the end like in 1 and 2

Posted by muffla

its 2 hr 20 min over all i think that this was the best one yet

Posted by Tiptoegecko

I knew this one was going to suck, it was just like 2, a long, boring Soap Opera. I walked out of that theatre wanting my money back, though I have to admit it was better than 2.

Posted by Arcadios

I liked it.
Could have been just sole focused on Venom as the villain thou which would have made it so much better but if I were to go with how it really went then it should have been Harry, Sandman and Venom all against Spidey.

Posted by Fate

Being a big fan of the comics, I did feel there wasn't enough time for all characters on the screen to be properly fleshed out. I was actually hoping Gwen or the captain would die, at the very least. All in all, the movie was fantastic.

Posted by boomstick

Overall I liked the movie until Venom, but since his part only lasted 10 to 15 minutes, I guess it doesn't matter all that much, plus I have to say I felt the way he was defeated really had me shaking my head.

All that being said, I actually enjoyed the way they did Venom, he looked great and his personality seemed in tact from what I remember in the comics, but it puzzles me as to why one of the most vicious and memorable villains of Spidey's career got so little time.

As far as the movie goes, I can honestly think of several ways they could've done things to make it better, but I still enjoyed and will probably buy it whenever it gets a DVD release

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Did anyone feel like they left room for a Spiderman 4?

I did.

***SPOILERS***

While Venom did die by the end, I think they'll have something to explain that he survived. I say this because as I recall, Spidey and Venom fought alongside one another a few times. Also, that one professor guy had a small piece of the symbiote in his lab, which I think might be same piece that fuses with that one criminal guy (forgotten his name) to form Carnage.

If they do make Spidey 4, I hope they include Carnage in it. But honestly, you couldn't really have a villian like Carnage in a PG-13 movie. He's too sadistic and violent. But if they do have Carnage, we may get to see Venom and Spiderman cooperating to fight him.

And hey, will someone refresh my memory? In the comics, does the Green Goblin's son go by the name "Hobgoblin" or what?

Posted by Fate

The symbiote latches on to more than one person, since Brock not only loses the symbiote but commits suicide later on. The professor? The Lizard. Most people wouldn't make the connection to future Spidey villians unless they read the comics-- the characteristic of the professor keeping his arm inside his jacket. Hobgoblin was some guy who tried to take the role of Norman Osborn, but essentially failed. Other guys tried to do the same thing under the Hobgoblin name. Norman never really died and it was actually his son that did. I believe the "pumpkin bombs" were a Hobgoblin thing, but it could've been from Norman.

Carnage would be a rated R movie. It's grossly violent and wouldn't be good if you consider the premise of the other three movies. I mean, people take their kids to these events. "Hey, why not the fourth one?!"

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Fate: The symbiote latches on to more than one person, since Brock not only loses the symbiote but commits suicide later on. The professor? The Lizard. Most people wouldn't make the connection to future Spidey villians unless they read the comics-- the characteristic of the professor keeping his arm inside his jacket.

I was thinking the same thing. They could do the Lizard/Venom thing since the Profesor still has a piece of Venom with him.

edit: EmoSpidey ftw xD

Posted by Fate

Professor guy has nothing to do with the symbiote, although it is a little weird they never said anything about it.

Emo Tobey was the cutest thing ever. His hair was great.

Posted by Red

I found this movie incredible, especially the fights, one complaint I have was venom, he wasn't very built and didn't have the same voice or insaneness as I would have expected him to have. with 3 different villains it seems they also didn't have enough time to fully get into each character. but it stilll worked out well in my oppinion, and I still love Sam Raimi :)

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Fate: Emo Tobey was the cutest thing ever. His hair was great.

No. Just no. Opinion doesnt even fall into this. No.

Posted by Arcadios

I found it funny when Peter stopped in front of the mirror to change his hair.
I wish there was more of Gwen Stacy thou but I loved how he ****ed MJ over in the Jazz Club.

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Fei-on Castor: Also, that one professor guy had a small piece of the symbiote in his lab, which I think might be same piece that fuses with that one criminal guy (forgotten his name) to form Carnage.

How could you forget a name like Cletus?

Posted by Shade

Venom can't die. He has 2 other hosts after Brock.

Other than that, I liked it. I don't get why people keep saying it sucked.

Posted by Bebop

It was rushed, overkill with no character devlopment at all. Thats my main reasons for not liking it.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Fate: Being a big fan of the comics, I did feel there wasn't enough time for all characters on the screen to be properly fleshed out. I was actually hoping Gwen or the captain would die, at the very least. All in all, the movie was fantastic.

Meh, I'm not gonna bash on your opinion, since I agree with it, but the thing is, when it comes to comic movies, they create their own universe.

Just like marvel and it's different universes and timelines and storylines, the movie has it's own. I mean, come on, Sandman hardly had any backstory in the comic books either way. At least he had somewhat of a motive now, and new goblin didn't really need explaining in this movie. His motive had been introduced over the course of Spiderman 1 and 2. He sees his father die in one after spiderman drops him off in his home, and tells Peter "I swear on my fathers grave I'll make spiderman pay". In two, he finds out that Spiderman in Parker and is now in a inner struggle to avenege his father or kill his best friend. He chose to be the new goblin and go after Spidey, so his storyline was developed over Spidey 1 and 2.

The only character that was shortlived and mainly wasn't focused as much on was Venom, who was basically fan service. He wouldn't have been in the movie if so many people didn't make comments like "oh man, where's venom feck doc ock" etc.

[quote=tiptoegecko]I knew this one was going to suck, it was just like 2, a long, boring Soap Opera. I walked out of that theatre wanting my money back, though I have to admit it was better than 2.

Bull. Long and Boring? Hell, this movie had more fight scenes and action sequences than Spiderman 2, which had more than Spiderman 1. In two, the action scenes was him delivering a ****ing pizza as SPIDERMAN! Fighting Doc Ock when he goes after aunt May, fighting Doc Ock after he kidnaps mary jane, and then the last fight scene which was like 5 minutes long.

Spiderman 3 had been delivering within like, 10 - 15 minutes with him fighting new goblin and from there it got better.

Posted by maian

I was disappointed with Venom. Not the time onscreen, the time offscreen. It wouldn't have been such a big deal, had they not hyped it up so much. We all knew Venom was in it, and for waiting to even show his face until the movie came out, he had what, 15 minutes of screentime? Not only that, but at least five of those minutes was Venom talking to Peter with his Eddy Brock face.

Otherwise, I liked it, but there are some things I can complain about. It wasd good, but felt too much like Pirates 2, in the sense that they tried to cram way too much crap into it.

Posted by Pit

Pirates 2 was ****ing retarded. HOW ****ING DARE YOU EVEN COMPARE IT TO SPIDERMAN 3.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Fei-on Castor:

***SPOILERS***
Also, that one professor guy had a small piece of the symbiote in his lab, which I think might be same piece that fuses with that one criminal guy (forgotten his name) to form Carnage.

If they do make Spidey 4, I hope they include Carnage in it. But honestly, you couldn't really have a villian like Carnage in a PG-13 movie. He's too sadistic and violent. But if they do have Carnage, we may get to see Venom and Spiderman cooperating to fight him.

And hey, will someone refresh my memory? In the comics, does the Green Goblin's son go by the name "Hobgoblin" or what?

Yes they did leave many questionable things in the movie that could lead to a Spiderman 4, like that piece of the Symbiote left in the lab. And as I recall, Harry was called Hobgoblin, although they make his costume idfferent int he movie which I thought was really cool. I wasn't a big fan of the Orange cape and hood he wore as Hobgoblin.

So anyway, on the plus side, Venom was fantastic. He was just as psychotic as ever. I loved the way they made him a little bit smaller instead of a giant Hulk looking figure. That part when Peter started to dance after gettign new clothes made me lol. I loved the way they made Sand Man rise from the sand after being hit with the laser thing. The computer graphics were just incredible throughout the whole movie. It really is one of those movies that is just fantastic to watch.

Posted by maian

Well, speaking of symbiote, isn't it safe to assume that there's more even besides the lab sample? I mean, it's not like all the symbiote that oozed out of that meteorite (Which was a totally lame intro, btw) clinged onto Peter's bike. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there'd be more anyway.

But, will there even be a Spidey 4? Raimi signed a contract, but does that mean returning actors will be in it, or will it be dumbed down?

Posted by Pit

Quoting maian: Well, speaking of symbiote, isn't it safe to assume that there's more even besides the lab sample? I mean, it's not like all the symbiote that oozed out of that meteorite (Which was a totally lame intro, btw) clinged onto Peter's bike. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there'd be more anyway.

But, will there even be a Spidey 4? Raimi signed a contract, but does that mean returning actors will be in it, or will it be dumbed down?

He signed a contract for 3.

And no, there isn't more than the lab sample.

They should make civil war in a two part movie.

Posted by Fate

But... Cap dies. :(

Posted by Bebop

Considering they did a **** poor job introducing the symbionite I'm sure any future installments won't struggle to bring Carnage in.

Well, if Eddie Brock is dead, there goes the comic storyline. Though it would be cool to have Rise of the Silver Surfer and Spider-Man 4 bond so we could see Carnage Cosmic...

Posted by G-Sides

i was just talking to mom about it and how i was disappointed with venom's short-lived glory in the film and she brought up a wonderful point by saying something like "well maybe they left him out for so long to lead into spiderman 4, considering most of the fans probably wanted more"

Then they should've left him for 4 so they could build up more of a story.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Well, if Eddie Brock is dead, there goes the comic storyline. Though it would be cool to have Rise of the Silver Surfer and Spider-Man 4 bond so we could see Carnage Cosmic...

Silver Surfer fuses with carnage in the new Fantastic Four Film. It's on [url]www.marvel.com[/url] apparantly.

Ah, if only...

Posted by Shade

That would be ***ly.

Silver Surfer and Galactus are more than enough... assuming they do both right and don't **** it up like the first film.

Posted by The Judge

Like I've seen most of you saying, the character development was weak, but the CG and action was pretty good. I especially like when Peter got really hardcore because of the suit, such as when he fought Harry and when he was humiliating that guy who turns into Venom (forgot the name).

However, some things bothered me:

They never explained that Spiderman couldn't sense Venom, and had someone not told me earlier that day, I wouldn't have known what was going on.

It seems completely impossible to kill Sandman.

No epilogue.

Harry didn't use a Goblin mask. :(

The whole bit about asking G[COLOR="black"]o[/COLOR]d to kill Peter was so ****ing lame. Seriously, it was very, very stupid.

The part where he ran in front of the American flag made me ****ing bol.

MJ saying that her problems are more important than Peter's. Dur hur, a bad review means more than hundreds of innocent lives.

How the Sandman was created? He falls into a random test site where they're doing something to the sand. Seriously, what the hell.

Posted by Red

Quoting The Judge: Like I've seen most of you saying, the character development was weak, but the CG and action was pretty good. I especially like when Peter got really hardcore because of the suit, such as when he fought Harry and when he was humiliating that guy who turns into Venom (forgot the name).

However, some things bothered me:

They never explained that Spiderman couldn't sense Venom, and had someone not told me earlier that day, I wouldn't have known what was going on.

It seems completely impossible to kill Sandman.

No epilogue.

Harry didn't use a Goblin mask. :(

The whole bit about asking G[COLOR="black"]o[/COLOR]d to kill Peter was so ****ing lame. Seriously, it was very, very stupid.

The part where he ran in front of the American flag made me ****ing bol.

MJ saying that her problems are more important than Peter's. Dur hur, a bad review means more than hundreds of innocent lives.

How the Sandman was created? He falls into a random test site where they're doing something to the sand. Seriously, what the hell.

k first off, the names Eddie Brock, E-D-D-I-E B-R-O-C-K. Got it memorized?

Second, I found that it was impossible to kill sandman too. I mean what ends up happening is a few pumpkin bombs lodged into him make him crumble...but he still didn't die.

Lastly I think it's safe to say EVERYONE bol'd when Spidey had the American flag behind him.

Posted by KoH

Spiderman 2 was a lot to live up to.

It seems though, that the pressure was so great that they just decided to **** everything up.

The movie and game failed miserably. ****ing waste.

Posted by Arcadios

When Harry went around to the water tower I thought he was going to use it to get rid of Sandman but instead he throw a bomb.
lol

Posted by s0ul

Venom was the only reason I wanted to see this movie then turned out to be the least cool thing about it. Too much Eddie Brock face. I really liked the movie though, but they definitely could've replaced at least one of the 5 or 6 hours they spent on MJ stuff with some Sandman or Venom stuff. Fights were just plain rad though, favorite definitely being the subway fight with emospidey and Sandman. Subway-websling-dropkick in the face is probably the best idea ever.

Posted by Shade

I bol'd during the first spidey/hobgoblin fight, where the music abruptly cut off, and harry ran into the web and fell. For some reason no one else found that funny.

Posted by Pit

Quoting The Judge:

And make the movie even longer. I mean, why put in a fact we now. I mean yaeh I'm sure there are people who don't know why he can't spidey sense around venom, but as long as I know, **** them.

[quote=judgetaro]The whole bit about asking *** to kill Peter was so ****ing lame. Seriously, it was very, very stupid.

One thing they don't really focus on is that Brocks dad, alcoholic, etc, him being born, his mom died giving birth to him, father never gave him approval, he's very religious. Don't understand why he asked *** to kill spidey when basically he's asking *** for forgiveness about what he's going to do, you know suicide.

[quote=judgetacular]It seems completely impossible to kill Sandman.
Well, Venom was supposed to kill him, but since they made sandman kinda a big ***** trying to save his daughters life, it'd be messed up to kill someone in his position amirite.

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Shade32: I bol'd during the first spidey/hobgoblin fight, where the music abruptly cut off, and harry ran into the web and fell. For some reason no one else found that funny.

Harry getting ****ed up in the face happened at least 3 times in the movie.
One you mentioned, Parker went to Harry;s house and beat the crap out of him while throwing him to the second floor smacking his head on the side of it and then another pipe while fighting Sandman.
Not including bomb to the face.

Quoted post: Well, Venom was supposed to kill him, but since they made sandman kinda a big ***** trying to save his daughters life, it'd be messed up to kill someone in his position amirite.

Sandman never dies. All Venom did was bite a chunk out of him that caused him to weaken vastly and wash away to beach. He never actually died though, and later ended up returning after killing off a bunch of citizens.

Anywho, I don't know why you guys are saying it "failed miserably" or was awful. They definitely overdid it and definitely didn't live up to the other movies, but it was still good. At least a lot better than terrible.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I don't think it was terrible. I think it was a good movie, overall. But I hope that Venom returns for the next installment.

According to [url=http://www.slashfilm.com/article.php/20060824spiderman4-confirmed]this[/url], there will be more Spidey films in the future.

Venom needs more time, and I'm pretty sure that he'll pop up in the next one, and they'll provide some explanation as to how he's alive.

And I, too, would love to see Carnage in the film, but not if they're gonna go for a PG-13 rating. To faithfully portray a sick-ass mofo like Carnage, they'd need an R rating. So I'd rather just not see him at all than to see him all wussified.

[quote=El Vamp-o]Anywho, I don't know why you guys are saying it "failed miserably" or was awful. They definitely overdid it and definitely didn't live up to the other movies, but it was still good. At least a lot better than terrible.

"Failed Miserably" is hardly the words to describe a film that opened with a $148,000,000 domestic weekend box office total. ([url=http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/]source[/url]) In case someone is not aware, that's the highest domestic opening weekend total ever, beating out the record set last July by Pirates by about 13 mil. Of course, it also had a $250 million prodution budget, so they better be setting some box office records, after spending that much.

I agree, Vampy. There was a lot of room for improvement, but it still was a good movie. I went into the theatre expecting to walk out with at least a little bit of dissatisfaction.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting The Judge: They never explained that Spiderman couldn't sense Venom, and had someone not told me earlier that day, I wouldn't have known what was going on.
You didnt know Spidey couldnt sense Venom? Jesus....

[quote]It seems completely impossible to kill Sandman.
Hes made of sand

[quote]No epilogue.
Presumably they didnt know if a 4th one would be made so they wanted to leave it open, like if they did get married or not.

[quote]Harry didn't use a Goblin mask. :(

[quote]MJ saying that her problems are more important than Peter's. Dur hur, a bad review means more than hundreds of innocent lives.
Dur dur dur she never said that. She just wanted Peter to listen to her. Show her support. Instead he took every chance to talk about himself.

[quote]How the Sandman was created? He falls into a random test site where they're doing something to the sand. Seriously, what the hell.

Well yeh.

Vamp, at best I would say it is 'alright'.

Posted by Red

I saw Spidey 3 again on tuesday...there was something I noticed too, and I wanted to you all, but now I forget. perhaps a mistake in the movie or plot hole er somthing?

Quoting The Judge: How the Sandman was created? He falls into a random test site where they're doing something to the sand. Seriously, what the hell.

before Flint hops the fence you see a sign that reads "particle testing ground" or something along the lines of that, so yeah....

Posted by veritas

Did anyone notice when eddie is talking to Peter when Venom his mouth piece is uncomfortable and he moves his mouth alot. My friend also said they signed a contract for 3 more movies. Ummm... the storyline in this movie sucked ***, and they killed off a main character and aunt may needs to die....seriously. Point is I dont see any storyline going on in the next 3 besides the usual, MJ throwing a ***** fit and Peter trying to show he cares.

Posted by Anti-Muffla

I think it was an awesome movie. The best Spiderman yet, but yeah, bad character developement and I was sad how little of Venom we saw, there was like no hand to hand combat. Venom fought against spidey along with sandman, so there really wasn't any face off against spidey and venom by themselves. This was dissappointing but the movie was still amazing and is a must see.

Posted by Fate

Quoting The Sniper: Ummm... the storyline in this movie sucked ***, and they killed off a main character and aunt may needs to die....seriously. Point is I dont see any storyline going on in the next 3 besides the usual, MJ throwing a ***** fit and Peter trying to show he cares.

Uhh, Green Goblin does die (the Harry version) in the comics, so it makes sense he dies in the movies. Aunt May is just as important being alive in Peter's life as the tragedy that made him Spider-Man. You must not read the comics.

Posted by veritas

What im saying is that I dont think they can keep a half decent storyline for another couple of movies.

Posted by The Judge

For all the people who went uber dicknerd on my *** about not knowing these little facts about spiderman, I'll give the disclaimer that I never read the comics or watched the cartoons when I was a kid, nor cared about them, and only knew vaugely that spiderman existed prior to the movies as one of the marvel superheroes. Just like every other one of them.

As such, that makes me part of the "ignorant mass" which the movie was supposed to at least make an ATTEMPT to appeal to so that ANYONE could watch the movie, thus making more profits. Yeah, if they make a movie about the middle 2 hours of Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne, I'll know exactly what's going on, but I bet only seven other people on earth would. The point of a movie like that which is aimed at all audiences is to appease the nerds and die-hard fans, and explain what said nerds and die-hard fans already know to the audience that doesn't know the information prior to seeing the movie.

[COLOR="black"]A[/COLOR]sses.

Posted by Ant

Quoting The Sniper: What im saying is that I dont think they can keep a half decent storyline for another couple of movies.

good thing 3 was the last one then eh?

Quoted post: As such, that makes me part of the "ignorant mass" which the movie was supposed to at least make an ATTEMPT to appeal to so that ANYONE could watch the movie, thus making more profits. Yeah, if they make a movie about the middle 2 hours of Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne, I'll know exactly what's going on, but I bet only seven other people on earth would. The point of a movie like that which is aimed at all audiences is to appease the nerds and die-hard fans, and explain what said nerds and die-hard fans already know to the audience that doesn't know the information prior to seeing the movie.

c-c-c-common knowledge and/or just paying attention.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting The Judge: As such, that makes me part of the "ignorant mass" which the movie was supposed to at least make an ATTEMPT to appeal to so that ANYONE could watch the movie, thus making more profits. Yeah, if they make a movie about the middle 2 hours of Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne, I'll know exactly what's going on, but I bet only seven other people on earth would. The point of a movie like that which is aimed at all audiences is to appease the nerds and die-hard fans, and explain what said nerds and die-hard fans already know to the audience that doesn't know the information prior to seeing the movie.

[COLOR="black"]A[/COLOR]sses.

Duh duh duh we know that, porkcop. But still. Not knowing anything about Venom? How can you call yourself a man!

Also, who didn't watch the animated series in the '90s? Seriously... come on.

Posted by Fate

Fags. That's who.

That and the animated Batman series were the two greatest things back in the '90s.

Posted by Bebop

Batman animated series > Spiderman animated series

Little fact for you: Each episode of the Batman animated series had it's own unique score.

Agreed. Batman was definitely better, but the Spider-Man cartoon is also a classic. Shame no one can apparently recreate their greatness. Though a new spider-man cartoon is coming out in 2008... so who knows.

Posted by Pit

So apaprently, according to Sony pictures, a character who died in the movie really didn't die.

Since Harry dies in the comic books, i'm guessing it's Brock. I mean yeah we do see him basically blow up and his yeah you know, backbone and all his bones, but maybe like, he boned with venom or some bull****t hey'll come up with.

So yeah, I'm guessing since people *****ed about Venoms on screen time being like gay, he's going to make a retrn in spiderman 4.

So the two runner ups so far for Peter Parker next are that Gordon Levitt guy from 3rd roc from the sn and the gay guy from brokebac mountain, sniper in jarhead, and donnie darko (dnt know his name).

I hope it's the latter as I know he could live up to Toby. Not only does he look like another peter parker comic incarnation, but he doesn't suck lie that Levitt faggot.

Alright, SO YEAH LIZARD, CARNAGE, VENOM, HOPEFULLY THE VULTURE, GREATEST COMIC BOOK VILLAIN EVER.

Jake Gyllenhaal for the win.

Posted by Pit

there we go. I thin he would be the successor to you know, the toabster.

anyone else at this point I can't see as parker. Except you Vampiro.

My hair wouldn't fit under that skin-tight mask :(

Posted by The Judge

Would someone fill me in on what/who Carnage is? I was under the impression he looked like Venom, but red. Is it another Alien?

Posted by veritas

Hes exactly the same as Venom. Hes just a red symbiote. I think hes also stronger then venom. Im not sure what character he was though.

Posted by Pit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnage_(comics)

Venms spawn etc

Quoted post: Would someone fill me in on what/who Carnage is? I was under the impression he looked like Venom, but red. Is it another Alien?

Same symbiote, just like all Venom spawns (there's, like, six.) Except the symbiote picks up on emotions, feelings, etc to create a unique identity. Kasady was pretty much insane and full of murderous rage, which probably explains why Carnage was so insane and gruesome. He ended up being stronger than Spidey and Venom combined, hence them teaming up numerous times. Also, spawned the best spider-man game Maximum Carnage. **** was sweet.

Posted by Klarth

Kinda ****ed off about Venom/Brock being knocked off. I was positive his role would lead into the fourth film, but eh.

First time I've seen a Spiderman film on the big screen and boy was it good. I disliked the first one and the second one was so-so, but that Sandman transformation bit was worth all the angst and emo Toby provided.

Posted by Bebop

Wait, hated first too but liked the 3rd one? Brain........cannot.........compute.....

Posted by Dexter

The angst and emo Toby was my favorite aspect of the film, since the films have been heavy with emotions and people often complain about Spiderman's 'gay' superhero personality, it seemed incredibly fitting and entertaining. It made me like him much more. The jazz scene and the material that surrounded it was my favorite Spiderman moments yet and probably forever will be.

The whole Venom/Eddie Brock transformation seemed far too rushed for me. I was really looking forward to some seriously freaky Topher Grace moments, but it just seemed so shoved aside, like Scarecrow in Batman Begins. That, for me, was the biggest disappointment.

Posted by Bebop

Spiderman didnt even go bad. Apart from when he 'killed' sandman I think the worst thing he did was that dumb number. Would have preferred if the whol film was him fighting the dark side and Venom being born at the end rather than the jumbled mess it was.

Posted by Pit

Toby didn't become emo. He just became a douche. Not even evil, asides from what Bebop said. The worst thing he did was attempt to kill Sandman.

Asides from that Parker just became a prick. Needed more violence.

Posted by Bebop

In Parkers eyes he did kill Sandman. Thats pretty bad. But yeh, apart from being a cock to everyone that was about it.

Posted by Pit

Oh yeah, and I agree with bebop.

Venom had no place in 3. I understand introducing Eddie Brock, which I thought was already introduced as a cameo in movie 1. Jonah Jameson's assistant says how Eddie can't get a picture of Spiderman and Jamenson says "if we can get a picture of Julia Roberts in a thong" blah blah., rant.

So Eddie Brock should've just been left being angry at Peter and making him the main villain for 4.

The fans pressured them. They didn't have to cave, but they did. This is what happens when producers and directors listen to the fans.

Posted by Bebop

Sam Raimi wanted Venom in it all along.

Also, Eddie is refrenced to in the other films but in 3 he's a new guy. I take it a couple of years is still 'new' at the Bugle.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Bebop: Sam Raimi wanted Venom in it all along.

Also, Eddie is refrenced to in the other films but in 3 he's a new guy. I take it a couple of years is still 'new' at the Bugle.

Yeah, I bet they were like "we'll just make believe we didn't say that in 1".

I didn't understand how he was new at all.

Quoted post: Sam Raimi wanted Venom in it all along.

Then why did he make it seem so last-minute? :(

Posted by Bebop

If you're making the most expensive film ever made, I don't think your producers would let you leave something last minute. Blame his writing and directing skills.

If you're making the most expensive film ever made and know you're going to turn a massive profit I don't think they'd really care all that much, just as long as it still makes money. And it did... in the first weekend.

Posted by Bebop

They still wouldnt have let anything be last minute. Everything from the script to the story board to schedule is arranged before shooting. no way could Raimi go "yeh I want Venom in it now" with the producers turning round and saying "lol last minute who cares lol we have lots of money loloL"

I meant last minute as in it doesn't really seemed like they bothered to flesh Venom out. In the planning process he was a last minute idea. I'm sure they had the basics of each movie written out for quite awhile, but with the amount of people demanding Venom they just decided to add him in while keeping their original storyline intact. That's how it felt anyways.

Posted by Bebop

Oh right I see. Yeah, the entire film felt last minute.

Venom was in the film from the get go. Raimi has stated many times Venom was always going to be in 3, and that talk of Vulture and him hating Venom were merely ways of keeping Venom a suprise.

Then why make Venom's appearance so ****ty? :( I mean, half of the ten minutes was just Topher's face :(

Posted by Klarth

Apparently there's some new Spiderman 4 info on the interblag. Go find the article yourselves, I'm a *****.

All that is planned right now is that Gwen Stacy will get more screentime than MJ.

hopefully she'll get hit by a bus or something

gwen, not mj.

Nah, MJ, not Gwen.

Posted by Dexter

MJ and Gwen can both get hit by the bus, Terry Chaney style.

Ursula is boss!

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Then why make Venom's appearance so ****ty? :( I mean, half of the ten minutes was just Topher's face :(

Venom was hardly Topher Grace I thought which kind of made the point of recruiting him for the role a bit daft if Tophers face was only seen for a short while.

Ane Venom looked awesome. He may have lacked tounge but everything from his roar to his hands to his emblem to his pearly whites was great.

Posted by Fate

His roar sucked. That's a Carnage roar, not a Venom roar.

Quoted post: Venom was hardly Topher Grace I thought which kind of made the point of recruiting him for the role a bit daft if Tophers face was only seen for a short while.

Ane Venom looked awesome. He may have lacked tounge but everything from his roar to his hands to his emblem to his pearly whites was great.

People wanna see Venom when he's Venom. Topher can show his face all he wants as Brock. But yeah, Venom definitely looked awesome, no doubt about that.

Posted by Bebop

You just said Venom looked ****ty! Or did you mean the way he was introduced? Meh.

His roar was class too. To me it's more Venom than Carnage. I always imagined Carnage's scream being more like a woman's shriek as shes bludgened to death.

Quoted post: Or did you mean the way he was introduced? Meh.

Yeah. No complaints about the look... minus the fact that Topher's face was used too much.

Posted by Fate

Nah, Venom has a conscience, so his voice is booming and semi-screechy. Carnage is all screechy.

Venom was always quite a bit larger and buff before though, so the "booming" of his voice made sense. The Spidey 3 version is a lot slimmer and streamlined, much like Carnage was in the comics.

Posted by Bebop

Yeh, a deeper rumbling roar wouldnt have suited the build of this Venom. If only he had some tounge :c

Posted by Pit

He does. You have to concentrate and look really hard though.

Posted by Bebop

I mean a tounge as badass and as long as in the comics. He doenst have that.

Posted by Dexter

Venom and Carnage are lame. Ursula is boss!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

ANT CAPTAIN AMERICA IS NOT A ****ING DUMB COMIC BOOK CHARACTER I WOULD DEREP YOU IF YOUR COMMENT WASNT REP ITSELF :mad:

Spider-Man 3 was so-so for me, btw.

Posted by ElroyJetson

Agree with the X. Although I'm not sure what I expected. Seemed like they jammed a whole lot into the movie, but then the movie seemed a bit too long as well. I'm sure they will make a 4th one, but unsure as to who it will feature.

Posted by Dexter

They could've slip this into in half and pushed much of it onto the next one. That way they could have spent more time and focused more on all the great emoism!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I really did love the emo scenes. It's like the producers thought long and hard about how to show how dark and evil Peter had become, but in order to keep the 12A/PG13 rating, they just decided to do an emo montage rather than have him force any more villains against trains.

Posted by Dexter

It reminded me of my favorite Harry Potter movie moment. All of that romantic stuff around the dance scene in Goblet of Fire is the most memorable material it ever held. I was loling.

Posted by Near

So I finally made my way to the movies to watch this much talked about film. I must say, I was not angry with it, but it certainly wasnt as good as I had hoped. First off I felt like I was in that seat for 4+ hours watching this thing. Now I know its only about 2 and a half hours long, but I felt like I was there for a good while. I think perhaps the movie could have about 30 minutes shaved off of its time and it would be much better. There were some parts I could have done without. Like when Peter goes dancing down the street thinking hes the **** or whatever.....that could have easily been cut and we would have lost nothing.

The second thing on my mind is the number of enemies. Granted it was neat at the end when we got a 2v2 battle, but it seemed like the writers tried to cram one too many enemies into this film. There just wasnt enough time for character development. I also would have loved to see a bit more conflict between Spiderman and Venom, but once again, too many villians, not enough time to fit the good stuff in.

Anyways, on a scale from 1 to 10, I think I would rate this around a 6.....it just did not impress me. I watched it once, probably wont see it again until one night 5 years down the road, nothing else is on and TBS is showing it.

That is all.

Posted by temari

i am sorry to say this about the friendly neigborhood bug, but it really, really sucked.

Posted by SuperSoupy

Personally I think they just tried to fit too much into this film. A reason the first film was great was because there was only one villain, and his character could be developed to the point that you could care about what he did. In spider-man 3 we got 'Sandman' (who they tried to develop but didnt quite have the time to pull it off). Then 'The Enemy Within/Black Suit' ( which failed since they used it to make Parker look like a funny 70's jive-boy instead of a real menace). Then Eddie Brock (who simply didnt get enough screen time to warrant caring about). Then Venom (which failed because Eddie Brock's charcter wasn't developed enough).

Really, the only villain who had potential was the New Goblin, simply because his purpose in the film was fully developed before the movie even started, due to the previous films.

So how do they deal with all these villains? Hmm....by spending too much time on Peter and Mary Jane's relationship, something we already knew everything about from Spider-man 2.

I mean, I know the cast and director were only contracted for 3 spider-man films. That don't mean every little story arc had to be tied up. Personally I would have liked Brock and the Black Suit to be built up more and Venom himself introduced in Spidey 4. Ah well, here's hoping they sort things out for the future. Rant over.