Help with moveset

Posted by Pit

Okay, I'm gonna start building my team soon, and FAQ's haven't been updated and I can't find my old Ru/Sa guide to help me with egg moves and natures, so asking you guys.

I want a tyranatar, torterra, slaking/snorlax, umbreon, pikachu, and golduck (amnesia/psychic) as team 1 lvl 50 or 70, not 100.

Posted by dylananisa

I just have a move set for pikachu

Thunder
Thunderbolt
Volt Tackle
and possibly Giga impact, I haven't tried it on my pikachu yet but it might work

Posted by Shade

Is there a TM for Volt Tackle?

Posted by Mystic Hero

Ok for natures, please keep in mind what moves you want your Pokemon to have at its ultimate level that you will be using in competitive battle. If you know the types of attacks such as which ones are physical and which ones are special you can select a nature that bossts one of those. Pay attention to what trait the nature makes grow less rapidly. If you're Pokemon is likely to be killed by a special type of a attack then try finding a nature that makes Defense grow less rapdily instead of Special Defense. You can balance this out when you EV train too. For nature help refer to this link:

[URL]http://www.pokemonfanuniverse.com/games/rs/natures.php[/URL]

Serebii has been lagmatic lately so this site should serve as an alternative.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Making.

I'll post them soon.

Posted by Mad Haul

"I just have a move set for pikachu

Thunder
Thunderbolt
Volt Tackle
and possibly Giga impact, I haven't tried it on my pikachu yet but it might work"

Using multiple attack moves of the same type isn't the greatest idea. This makes the Pokemon extremely limited in battle. I have never used Pikachu myself,but this might be a fun move set to try-

Held Item: Chesto Berry

Thunderbolt
Brick Break
Double Team
Rest

This set may only be viable for RuSa,as so far I don't own a DS and have not played Diamond/Pearl.
Since Pikachu is not a fully evolved Pokemon it doesn't have particularly great stats and will likely not survive a serious battle.But it's interesting to play around with this sort of thing,so have fun with it.

P.S. Sorry if this set isn't even possible on D/P,I will possibly buy a DS soon and catch up with all the new jazz.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=dylananisa;573784]I just have a move set for pikachu

Thunder
Thunderbolt
Volt Tackle
and possibly Giga impact, I haven't tried it on my pikachu yet but it might work

[FONT=Arial] Definitely doesn't need three electric attacks. For Pikachu, use:
[/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]
Thunderbolt
Surf / Brick Break
Thunder Wave
Attract[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial]

... While holding a Light Ball, so that Special Attack is doubled. Surfing Pikas are hard to come by (you'd need Pok

Posted by Shade

Wow, you guys are way more strategic than me with my movesets. I just load up on cool attacks and go to town.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Shade32: Wow, you guys are way more strategic than me with my movesets. I just load up on cool attacks and go to town.

Not wise really. Each Pokemone, if you plan on using them competitively, should have 1 or 2 moves for the type it is. For example: Pikachu is electric so you should only be using up to 2 electric moves with it for the type bonus. Then you should mix it up with two other moves you think would be good to use as either an alternative type, stat reducer/booster, or annoyer. Surfing Pika is good because you have the alternative type move of water. I'll give you another example: With my Swampert I have 1 move for each of its types. Since it's water/ground I have Muddy water for hp damage + chance to reduce accuracy and then E-quake for power. Then I have Ice Beam incase I fight a dragon type or ground type or whatever and my last is a secret. You always want flexable type moves incase your Pokemon runs into a type its primary type moves aren't very effective against.

Posted by Shade

I give it moves for it's type, I just give it all powerful attacking moves. No ****ing around with annoyers. Most 1 on 1 pokemon fights are usually over in 1-2 turns anyway.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Shade32;579891]I give it moves for it's type, I just give it all powerful attacking moves. No ****ing around with annoyers. Most 1 on 1 pokemon fights are usually over in 1-2 turns anyway.

... Against the AI, yeah. But having played Pok

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Shade32: I give it moves for it's type, I just give it all powerful attacking moves. No ****ing around with annoyers. Most 1 on 1 pokemon fights are usually over in 1-2 turns anyway.

Dude if you think that way, people are just going to mow your team down quickly. Human vs Human is a lot different that AI fighting like X stated. It's not all "omg I gots Hyper Beam!!!" It's more like "crap he used glare" or "crap mean look + curse." And then you always have people that use hp healing moves and an item to cover for it. Rest + condition healing berry. Especialy when you play wiht high levels or an all 100 vs 100 match, you're going to get variety in moves. It's not all damage type moves, it's more annoyers and combos.

Posted by O.T.L

i have a few pokemon with some good move's give me feedback on what you think ....

Nidoking Lv 100 item focus sash

earthquake - to defeat ground,elect, other...
icebeam - to defeat grass,elect,rock,ground
focusblast - to defeat normal,steel,ice
thunderbolt - water, fire ....

what ya'll think ..... it leaves nidoking open to ghost and sykick attacks
but their usually faster than him anyways

Posted by streak101

I'm not very good with movesets mind helping me out with two of my pokemon?

First one is: Infernape-Lvl 59
Moves:
Flare Blitz
Aerial Ace
Flamethrower
Mach Punch

Second one is- Luxray
Moves:
Spark
Crunch
Thunder Fang
Strength

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=streak101;580256]I'm not very good with movesets mind helping me out with two of my pokemon?

First one is: Infernape-Lvl 59
Moves:
Flare Blitz
Aerial Ace
Flamethrower
Mach Punch

Your Infernape is shaping up, but it doesn't need two fire moves. It's up to you which to keep out of Flamethrower and Flare Blitz, depending on how suicidal you want your Infernape to be. Drop Aerial Ace for Stone Edge, and replace Mach Punch with Close Quarters. You might want to add in Grass Knot to cover Infernape's ground and water weakness, too, so something like this:

Flare Blitz / Flamethrower
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Grass Knot

Infernape will go done pretty quickly with this set, but it can hit many giant enemy crab weak points for massive damage.

[quote=streak101;580256] Second one is- Luxray
Moves:
Spark
Crunch
Thunder Fang
Strength

Get rid of Strength immediately. All HM moves apart from Surf and Fly are blasphemy. Replace Spark with Thunder Wave, and you have a nice range of physical attacks to take advantage of its higher physical attack. You might want to breed a new Shinx with Ice Fang, Take Down or Howl, all of which take advantage of its high attack. Ergo:

Thunder Fang
Ice Fang / Take Down / Howl
Thunder Wave
Crunch

Posted by O.T.L

I dont know what to do with my lapras level 100
as of now he know's

icebeam
surf
rest
double team

what could be a good assortment of moves for my lappy ???

PLEASE HELP AND COMMENT its appreciated....

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Lapras should have Surf, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt and Confuse Ray. Three special moves to take advantage of a high physical stat, and Confuse Ray to earn extra turns. There's also a chance Thunderbolt could paralyze, allows Lapras to compensate for its poor speed and granting even more chances to attack.

Posted by streak101

anyone got TM Grass Knot? I need it real bad to finish my Infernape's move set...

aaaand...Anyone know which pokemon learns ice fang? I think Glaceon does...help?

Posted by CS Ryan

These learn it through Leveling up (or that Heart Scale tutor)
Tyrannitar
Drapion
Totodile (and evolutions)
Suicune
Arbok
Hippowdon
Floatzel
Gliscor
Steelix
Snubbull (and evolution)
Gyarados
Areodactyl
etc..

Just go to [url]www.serebii.net[/url] for all that stuff.

Posted by O.T.L

I need help with a move set for two pokemon ....
first........

Salamence

flamethrower
crunch
fly
dragon pulse

Garchomp

flamethrower
dragon rush
crunch
stone-edge

i might get rid of one so what could be a good move set for each..???

Posted by Degeneration

In my opinion, Dragon Rush's power isn't worth its hit rate. I'd go with Dragon Claw if I were you, but they're both good moves.

I guess you really only use a Dragon type move when nothing else would be effective against whoever you're fighting, so Rush wouldn't be so bad.

For Garchomp, you might want to throw in Earthquake somehow, too. A type bonus for a move that good would be awesome.

Posted by streak101

I'm not too sure about my Lucario, and I DEFINENTLY need help with my Staraptor, so here they are:

Lucario:
Water Pulse
Dragon Pulse
Dark Pulse
Aura Sphere

Staraptor:
Fly
Wing Attack
Brave Bird
[Empty Slot]

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Staraptor:
Brave Bird
Close Combat
Endeavour
Roost

Looks good.

Posted by streak101

So my lucario is fine then?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Not really... But I have no idea what Lucario learns. Is it a special Lucario or physical?

Posted by streak101

I'm gonna say special

Posted by streak101

Any help on Lucario?