Reported Post by Pretty Hate Machine

Posted by Omni

[url=http://www.vgchat.com/member.php?u=8403387]Pretty Hate Machine[/url] has reported a post.

Reason:[quote]Advertisement of some gay site that expects me to pay for stuff and confirm my membership or some crap.
Post: [url=http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?p=573524#post573524]Gaming Lagoon! Help Guide too[/url]
Forum: Off-Topic
Assigned Moderators: Kodachi, Fate

Posted by: [url=http://www.vgchat.com/member.php?u=8411597]Leaves07[/url]
Original Content: [quote]Hi all, figured I'd post this here...was going to put it in the trading section but didn't wanna spam that or anything lol, so I put it here instead. Anyway, I recently discovered a site called Gaming Lagoon and it's one of those sites where you do offers to get free things, and the thing that really attracted me to it was that NO CREDIT CARD is required. I've never been into these kind of sites, but this one was so simple I had to try it... The prizes you can get range from free 360 controllers, Wii controllers or 360/Wii points, to PC games, WoW or the Burning Crusade expansion, free 2 months WoW gift card, to PS2/PS3/ tons of other stuff!

This site works great, if you are new and don't know what it is, what you do is sign up, complete offers, and then click "Complete". Offers can be just by signing up with a site, or requesting info, and SOME require a CC but that's only a few and they are totally optional.

Help guide to Gaming Lagoon & CC Offers (Thanks goes to lilboo if you ever read this...who basically wrote everything, thanks again!!)

How does this all work?
So basically it's this. You join the site by clicking the link in my sig below (called "GamingLagoon" in my sig. First thing, you go to avilable offers and..well..You start completing offers! You do what's needed to be done for the offer (each offer explains it) and then you go back to that offer and underneath click "Completed". If approved you will earn a set number of points (each offer is different). You then keep earning points and then claim them for a prize. They have 4 pages of prizes, so there's something for everyone!

So what kind of offers am I doing?
Some things are VERY simple! Some of them are just put in your e-mail, name, address, phone and D.O.B. (Doesnt have to even be real info if you dont want it to be) You click submit, wait for a confirmation e-mail "Thank you for joining ______! Click here to confirm your membership!. You confirm it, then you go to "completed offer". PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU CONFIRM YOUR MEMBERSHIP ON OFFERS SUCH AS THESE TO ALMOST GUARENTEE YOU GET APPROVED! These sites include dating sites or survey sites. Usually any site that consists of you being an active member, will require you to confirm your account.

Some offers are the same as above, minus the confirmation, but they give you a crap load of questions to answer yes or no to. Usually, hitting no is the way to go. It'll take awhile sometimes, so be prepared. Usually you just keep going until you get a page "Thank you NAME, your request has been submitted!" or "PRIZE is on hold for NAME!" or something equal to that.
Basically, most of the offers are like this (SADLY!), and they are typically "Win a free iPod nano!" "Claim your PS3 today!" "Blackberry vs Sidekick!" "Win an LG Chocolate!" ETC. Those kind of sites are typically long and have the low payouts. But essentially, they still all add up. So do these anyway, don't over look them. Seriously

Lastly, there are credit card offers. I'll explain more about CC offers in a second. Usually you sign up for a free trial, and then you are given a lot of points! They can be 4.00 to 25.00 points! These are VERY nice to do and have approved. You will get prizes a lot quicker (and the person who referred you ---HOPEFULLY ME !!-- will thank you much!) So if you have a credit card, please do yourself a favor and complete these offers. (If you are afraid of being charged, just wait, i'll get to that!)

They have ONE offer that uses paypal.. so yeah. It's very simple and very self explanatory. Just sign up with your paypal account, then when your approved..go into your PayPal account and then "unsuscribe"

How quickly will I get approved?
Before I answer, let me explain that Gaminglagoon also has an FAQ on their site. So you should also check that out as well. Offers are usually approved in 15-30 minutes to an hour. It can take longer, but if you don't get approved in the first hour.. you may be [censored] outta luck.

WTH?! I wanna be approved!
Agrees.
Keep these in mind.
USE ALLLLLLLL REAL INFO when you sign up for gaminglagoon! I can NOT stress this enough. When you sign up for gaminglagoon, you will obviously use your real info. You have to use the SAME exact info you used when you sign up for gaminglagoon. They will check, and you WILL be denied.
If that's not the problem, make sure your browser accepts cookies. If they do, every once in a while delete history/clear cache & cookies. Sometimes it helps.

And sometimes... it just happens. There's no other way to say it, sorry. It SUCKS very much...but sometimes you are on a [censored] luck and things get disapproved. Siiigh! You can sometimes go to "Disapproved Offers" and then "Make Available" and clear cache/cookies and try it again. SOMETIMES it works! So don't lose all hope just yet.

How long does it take to get prizes
Sometimes they are UBER busy, so be patient. I think it's like a team of a FEW guys working this site.. so be patient. But sometimes they are super fast and can get you stuff like Wii or 360 points in a matter of minutes.

K that's it, what else?
Nothing else really! I advise people to also join their forum and seek the support forum for any help.
Everything else on this site is pretty self explanatory. Please ask me here, or check out their FAQ OR check out their support forum for any assistance!

MOST IMPORTANTLY: They are NAZIS about this! ONE account PER network. If you sign up, NO ONE ELSE CAN. They track the IP address and BAN people if other people join on the same network..soo...don't try and be shady! Just be honest and have fun! It REALLY works, I've recieved numerous cards already!

Quick Credit Card Offer Help
Every offer has an explanation on what to do. Credit card offers are no different.
You are SOMETIMES charged a small, small amount. They will tell you in advance what you are being charged. It's like $1 to $4, usually. So be warned for that. $1-$4 for the free trial of whatever.

BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR REQUEST, please read the TOS of that specific trial offer. Get a pen and paper down, and immediately jot down the phone number you need to cancel it. Find out WHEN the trial ends. Sometimes 3 days, some 10, some 30. PLEASE make sure you know how long before you submit to it! Do the offer, wait for it to be approved and then call to cancel! SOMETIMES THEY NEED 24 HOURS FOR YOU TO BE IN THEIR SYSTEM, so you may need to call the next day.

When you call--PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU DO THIS BEFORE THE TRIAL ENDS OR YOU WILL BE CHARGED!! IF YOU DON'T CANCEL BEFORE, IT'S YOUR FAULT AND NOT THEIRS!!!!--have a pen and paper with you! Explain you want to cancel, so you don't wait it, yada yada yada, they will try and keep you..just keep saying no. Usually you will get a cancel confirmation number--JOT THIS DOWN!!! Also, try and get the persons name--WRITE THAT DOWN TOO! They will thank you (as well as you should thank them too--manners people!) and you are now canceled.

Please, do yourself a favor and keep this paper in a safe place. Make sure you have:
*Name of the offer
*Date & Time you canceled
*Cancel confirmation number (if applicable)
*Name of person you spoke with

If by any chance you are charged after the trial is over, you will have these very important numbers to make you get the refund you deserve. I have not had this problem, but you never want to take that chance just in case someting happens. Some of these offers are expensive too, so make sure you do it right! Don't worry, though. Like I said, credit card offers are completely optional. I've chosen to stick to 100% free ones myself.

Aww, thank you
No prob, thank YOU for hopefully joining. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to PM me. I'll be more then happy to help you out as much as I can. Or, just post here.