Hey!

Posted by mis0

I got a free DS today, it has a broken top screen but I've ordered a new screen and it'll be an easy fix. ANYWAY, when I get it fixed, what games should I buy? I didn't get any free games (owner bought a Lite, kept games) but I want to buy some games that you guys play on WiFi connection. I'm guessing Mari Kart will probably be a staple, but whatever you suggest I'll look into. I'll have the DS fixed sometime next week - shipping is like 4 days or something.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

The Castlevania games, Pokeman, Elite Beat, Super Mario Bros., Clubhouse Games, Meteos.

Posted by Dexter

The above suggestions and Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime and Metroid Prime: Hunters.

Posted by Shade

Hunters is overrated.

Posted by Drewboy64

^No. no it isnt.

Mario Kart, Meteos, Metroid Prime: Hunters, Animal Crossing, Castlevania games... There really are a lot of good DS games.

Quoted post: ^No. no it isnt.

Oh yes it is.

Posted by Ant

Yeah, I only really liked the multi-player aspect of it :(

But yeah, basically everything vampiro said. :cool:

Posted by Shade

I don't even like the multi-player much.

Mutliplayer is fine, though flawed. But considering that was one of the first games Nintendo ever made online, plus being a portable title, then it's fairly good. Just not anything spectacular or anything long lasting. But single-player? Ugh, terrible.

Posted by muffla

all of the above and pokemon pear (diamond is overrated)

Posted by Shade

They're essentially the same game.

Posted by Arcadios

Mario Kart
Megaman ZX

Posted by mis0

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Mutliplayer is fine, though flawed. But considering that was one of the first games Nintendo ever made online, plus being a portable title, then it's fairly good. Just not anything spectacular or anything long lasting. But single-player? Ugh, terrible.

I liked the multiplayer demo I played back in the day. Doesn't Hunters have live voice capability too, just like on Live I can scream "I OWNED YOU, YOU FREAKING IDIOT OWNED OWNED OWNED" like the obnoxious tart I am?

Anyways, I'll probably be getting the games this weekend assuming I get my parts, and I'll let you guys know what I got and what my numbers are. I'm getting Hunters and Mario Kart for sure... I'll have to look into the others. Thanks for the suggestions ^_^

Quoted post: I liked the multiplayer demo I played back in the day. Doesn't Hunters have live voice capability too, just like on Live I can scream "I OWNED YOU, YOU FREAKING IDIOT OWNED OWNED OWNED" like the obnoxious tart I am?

It's not as fun when it's your friends and you can only do it before or after a game. Being obnoxious is only worth the effort when you're fighting a bunch of randoms.

Posted by mis0

That's really a shame on two counts - one, it is really fun to annoy those who are obviously very upset that they're losing, but also I'm one of those people who will try to use the voice chat to actually work a strategy occassionally.

Well, I guess I can always just inform them that they will be/just were HAETRAEPED in the lobby. I'm sure they'll appriciate that. :)

Posted by Bebop

Elite Beat is one of the finest DS games out there. Also, Mario Kart.

Posted by Shakyl

Quoting muffla: all of the above and pokemon pear (diamond is overrated)

wow ur stupid, theyre they same exact game but a diff color on the cover and 1 has certain pokemon that the other doesnt

Posted by muffla

actually it has a bunch of pokemon the other dosent goto
serebii.net

Like, twelve. And that's it...

One cannot be overrated without the other being equally overrated.

Posted by mis0

Wait... people still play pokemon games? Holy ****.

Posted by Dexter

I've been addictive to Pearl lately. Get this game.

Posted by Shakyl

Quoting Misoxeny: Wait... people still play pokemon games? Holy ****.

fo sho

Quoted post: Wait... people still play pokemon games? Holy ****.

Pretty sure the game has already sold 6 million+ copies.

Posted by Shade

Pokemon Diamond is love.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Pretty sure the game has already sold 6 million+ copies.

Holy crap.

What I've bought so far: Mario Kart DS, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attoney.
I plan to buy: Metroid Prime Hunters, and possibly Elite Beat.

no screen yet. :(

Posted by junior senior

tetris ds please. i bet chinese people in it

Posted by mis0

Boy oh boy I would love to beat the crap out of JS on Wifi. I'll probably get that if I can find a used copy.

Still no screen... I'm thinking I might just buy a new DS Lite and when I get the repair parts I'll fix the old DS and give it to my roommate... she expressed interest in the DS because I told her there is a Mario Kart for it. She doesn't like games very much but she told me she really loved Mario Kart.

The DS is for people who don't really like games. It's a match made in heaven.