Gorgoroth Interview

Posted by Shin-Ra

http://www.vbs.tv/player.php -> Music -> Music World -> Watch the documentaries on Black Metal

I really enjoyed this, even if the journalists were extremely juvenile and unprofessional. Gaahl didn't really say anything that those of us who listen to a lot of black metal haven't heard already, but it's pretty cool to actually see one of the musicians go somewhat in-depth about the music. I just wish I could have seen more from the musicians and less time watching them "hype the boogeyman".

Oh, and DAMN the land he lives on is beautiful.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Yeah, seriously, watch it. Good stuff. Though as I was saying to Shin-Ra, I just wished they showed more of the mountain and less of the kid *****ing. Surprised Gaahl put up with them that long.

Posted by Slade

I really want to see this, but I don't have Adobe Flash Player. I tried downloading it the other day but it didn't work right. Got any other sources where I can find this thing?

Posted by Omni

It's probably on YouTube.

Posted by Slade

Yeah, I think I just found it. It's the one with the mountain and the 2:00 silence at the end, right?

That whole video was great, except for the crew being such idiots. It would be amazing to spend time with someone as different as Gaahl. I really don't think any of those journalists understood anything that was being said. It seemed like all they heard was "blah blah black metal blah scary blah."

If they had sent the right people they could have gotten so much more out of it. I mean look at that ****ing house on top of the mountain! There should have been way more detail about that, because that thing was just awesome.

Stupidest thing: "this is about heavy metal, not nature" that made me want to punch the kid in the face so hard. Like I said to Gar, that cabin pretty much sums up everything Gaahl was talking about, and the kid just sits there and *****es to Gaahl's face. Lord.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Exactly. We both basically said the samething at the same time remember? It's that obvious.

See, Gaahl's very poetic (as is the genre for that matter, hence the whole "art" thing) so he's fond of metaphors such as this. The cabin represents isolation, being "super-human", being above everyone else, coldness, being one with nature, and the roots of one's culture. Basically individual strength. It's all completely representative of black metal and the dipshit children completely missed the point.

See, I would have been completely awestruck by the whole scene. I mean, never have I seen something so beautiful as that mountain. On top of that, the land is absolutely gorgeous. I hope I can visit Norway some day, actually.

Quoted post: I hope I can visit Norway some day, actually.

Yeah, that's always a trip I wanted to plan. We should totally go together. Epic.

But yeah, those kids spent, what, a week with Gaahl and still didn't get it. We watched a three minute segment of a video and picked it up right away. Wow, that site needs to learn to send journalists who actually about the subject.

Posted by Slade

I like my weather cold, and my geography mountainous. Norway seems to be perfect.

I was kind of pondering over whether or not the reactions of those journalists, especially when he shows them the cabin(and remember, they mentioned he told them it was very important to him), would deter him from allowing any more interviews. I certainly can't imagine him showing any one else those paintings. That part made me mad, too, because the kid was being all grabby in one shot. Anyways, do you think he'll allow any more journalists into his home? Should he?

First, I think someone should make sure they send adequate and knowledgable journalists. However, I'm not sure we(as the public) should pry much further into his life, interesting as it may be. I would enjoy reading a collection of his ideas, though. Maybe a very well thought out list of questions answered via the internet, or something. I saw one text interview of a member of Deathspell Omega that showed pretty well what he believed. I guess more of that sort of thing from Gaahl is what I'd like to see. But just a little more.

After the way that one seemed to go, I wouldn't blame him if he didn't allow anymore journalists around his neck of the woods.

Posted by Omni

As usual, the media screws things up again due to incompetence.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Yeah, that's always a trip I wanted to plan. We should totally go together. Epic.

Totally. Two North Americafags from the suburbs going to the grimmest part of Europe? Epic indeed. Once I move out to Portland and get a few dollars, I'll be making some sort of trip like this. Three years is my projection.

That sounds about right. I should have my own place by then too.

Posted by Shin-Ra

http://www.peaceville.com/themisanthrope/

I just found out about this and needless to say I'm very excited. Apparently Nocturno Culto is directing his own movie on Darkthrone and life in Norway, so could this be a black metal documentary done right? As long as it doesn't have terrible music layed over the whole movie like on the trailer, I'm probably going to love this.

Culto could do it perfectly, but he could also take it in a horribly wrong direction. Kinda like TH to Cult. Let's hope it's the TH of documentaries.