Machinae Supremacy cover "Dancing Mad" from FFVI at PLAY! Stockholm

Posted by Klarth

[quote]2007.04.23 - Machinae Supremacy at "PLAY!" (Stockholm)
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., April 23, 2007 (Press Release) - Jason Michael Paul Productions, Inc. has announced that the well-known Swedish power metal act MACHINAE SUPREMACY will perform on Final Fantasy VI - Dancing Mad at both PLAY! concerts in Stockholm on June 2, 2007. The performances will be a world-premiere featuring pipe organ, orchestra, choir and metal band.

Jason Michael Paul says: "We are looking forward to a performance with The Royal Symphonic Philharmonic Orchestra and MACHINAE SUPREMACY. The goal is to create a different and unique show every time and with such collaborations we are doing just that."
http://machinaesupremacy.com/

Machinae Supremacy + orchestra + FFVI + live = ohhhh my.

The band's already kinda-covered Terra's theme in their song Flagcarrier, but knowing that they'll be playing Dancing Mad in its nine-minute glory with an orchestra in front of christ knows how many people... I could die a happy man right now.

Well, no I couldn't. Hyperbole is useful in this context though :)

Kefkatastic.

Posted by Zeta

DO WANT!

Posted by Hyper

Kefkatastic? I might just have to listen.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

That should be fantastic.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I usually need to be in a certain mood to enjoy these guys, but this does sound pretty great.

Posted by Roger Smith

WHAT'S THIS? A BAND I'VE NEVER LISTENED TO USING INFLUENTIAL VIDEO GAME MUSIC TO WEASEL THEIR WAY INTO MY HEART?

It worked.

Posted by Shade

They're so very, very good.

Posted by Omni

This is another one of those bands I fail at enjoying. I've tried listening to them, but I don't really care for their music.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I prefer their songs minus vocals. The Jets'N'Guns album is fabulous.

Posted by Ant

I really hope this gets on the internet.

Posted by Omni

Everything gets on the internet. People tape pretty much every concert that famous bands play, especially the most notable ones. Everytime I hear about a band or artist performing a specific song live, I've been able to find the video for it. This should be no exception.

Posted by Shade

And considering they put pretty much everything up on their website, it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Quoted post: I prefer their songs minus vocals. The Jets'N'Guns album is fabulous.

Yeah, the vocals are what stop me from really enjoying them.

Posted by Shade

I like the vocals. :(

Posted by Omni

Haha, that's the main reason I don't like them, too.

Posted by Shade

I like his vocals more than Freddie's.

Posted by Omni

Big deal, I don't really care if you like his vocals. I was stating my opinion. I never said your opinion was bad, so don't try to turn this into a competition, because if we were judging my technical vocal skill and ability, Freddie Mercury would blow him and just about anyone else out of the water.

Posted by Shade

Freddie's your favorite vocalist I believe, you said you didn't like the vocals from MaSu. I was using that reference to show how my opinion contrasts with yours. No competition necessary.

Quoted post: Freddie's your favorite vocalist I believe, you said you didn't like the vocals from MaSu. I was using that reference to show how my opinion contrasts with yours. No competition necessary.

... er, why?

Posted by Shade

Bored.

Way to prove a point that didn't need proving.

Posted by Omni

The funny part is how obviously he was trying to compete with me in particular just because I said I don't enjoy music by a band he's obsessed over. He did the same thing with Dream Theater and those other bands with members he wants to suck off.

Excuse me for not having identical taste to you, Shade.

Posted by Shade

Where'd that come from

Posted by Alastor

Robert wouldn't be singing if they were covering a song from a game, would he? Stop arguing about the vocalist when he's not even going to be singing on the song the thread's made for. He'll do guitar, most likely. For a while he did both guitar and vocals simultaneously, but they changed the band arrangement a while back, and he dropped guitar to focus more on vocals. During instrumentals, though, I'm pretty sure he still does guitar.

Posted by Shade

Well, you are my source for all MaSu related information.

Posted by Alastor

You'd know that if you checked the website once in a while. I think it was on their forum a few months ago. :s

Edit: I'm pretty much guessing, too, since A) he can play the guitar pretty well and B) it wouldn't make much sense for him to just stand around the whole time when he CAN play guitar.

Posted by Omni

Yeah, most singers who are actually worth anything to a band can and will play some kind of instrument on occasion.

Posted by Zeta

IS IT OUT YET?!

Posted by Alastor

They don't even play it live until tomorrow. It'll probably take a few days for a video or MP3 to surface. I'm sure something will pop up on YouTube or the MaSu forum soon enough, though.

Edit: Well, after a little snooping, he sold his guitar on eBay after they made this switch. The guitar he used since they formed the band, so the one he used for some 4 or 5 years. :x

Posted by Shade

I'm pretty sure they perform it June 2nd.

Posted by Zeta

Aww. :(

Posted by Omni

Quoting Alastor: Edit: Well, after a little snooping, he sold his guitar on eBay after they made this switch. The guitar he used since they formed the band, so the one he used for some 4 or 5 years. :x

Klarth told me nobdy bought it when he tried to sell it, and that he plans to sell it later. I'm assuming he still has it.

Posted by Klarth

I think setting the starting bid at $1600 was just a little optimistic.

Posted by Alastor

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDBppP6obK8]Part I[/url]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPtZG6AqprI]Part II[/url]

No video, for some reason. Just audio. Nevertheless, there it is. Apparently Machinae Supremacy had to play on a separate platform because the Philharmonic was taking up so much space. MaSu sounds excellent, but whoever was running the sound made them a little too loud.

Still haven't come across any MP3s of this. :(

Posted by Zeta

OH *** FAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFPAFPAFPAFPaPFAPFAPFpFapapdfafpaa

Posted by Omni

Quoting Alastor: Still haven't come across any MP3s of this. :(

If it's out there, I'll find it. I'll let you guys know.

Posted by Alastor

If I wanted it bad enough, I could just record it and convert it to MP3, but I'll wait and see if you find it, since I'm sure the quality would suck if I did it myself. :s

Posted by Alastor

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2608070590686488879&hl=en

ACTUAL VIDEO this time. MaSu's biggest part starts at 8:15. Whole video is sex, though. Not the best quality, but an amazing performance by both the band and the orchestra.