Diamond or Pearl?

Posted by Ant

Which one did you get? And why? Or did you get both...and once again, why?

I got Diamond. Frankly, I got that picked that one when I first heard about the names of the next one's coming out way back during the japanese release date based on the name alone. And after buying it, and looking at the list that are Diamond only, I'm pleased with my choice :)

Posted by muffla

i got pearl because a close friend got diamond, however i wil most likly get diamond somtime in the futrure

Posted by Pit

I got diamond because I reserved it on the spot. The guy askes me which one I wanted and I stayed there going "uhh" for about 30 seconds. He started getting frustrated so I went with Diamond.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I don't actually own my own copy... but I've playing Diamond, which will also be the one I buy when I can actually find it in stores. Why? Because I've always bought the one with the cooler pokemon on the front and always the version with the best colour.

Posted by Zeta

I've always bought the less popular one, so I got Pearl.

Posted by muffla

pearl > diamond

not really but the ebgames i reserved mine at ran outta diamond before all the preorders were fufiled so i was luck i pre orderd
pearl

Posted by cool gamer dad

You see, most of my friends are somewhat counterculture and hardcore, so naturally they're going to pick the less popular version: Pearl. Actually, I find that most people around my age group (the peeps I hang with) are like this. So by picking Diamond that would make me countercounterculture, but I'm conforming at the same time.

Oh, and Dialga looks neat.

edit: the Pearl legendary is a by far better than Dialga, btw. But who uses them outside of the single player? Yeah.

Posted by Dexter

I got Pearl because pink.

Posted by Ant

why are you such a faggot dexter?

Posted by Dexter

7 sisters. Not enough male influence. This is how I've been programmed.

So you wouldn't mind/worry if I took Eggroll out for some shopping and ice cream, would you?

Posted by Ant

she's dead to me

Posted by The Judge

Quoting muffla: pearl > diamond

That's a dirty f[COLOR="black"]u[/COLOR]cking lie. But yeah, I got Pearl, because I was told to get it by Anthony, who I assumed would trade with me for little cost. Boy was I wrong.

Posted by Mystic Hero

I based my purchase decision on the types the legendaries on the front covers had. Diamond was Water/Dragon and pearl was Dragon/Steel so I went with Dragon/Steel since I thought that type combo would be better.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Mystic Hero: I based my purchase decision on the types the legendaries on the front covers had. Diamond was Water/Dragon and pearl was Dragon/Steel so I went with Dragon/Steel since I thought that type combo would be better.

Dragon/Steel = Weak to Fighting, Ground.
Dragon/Water = Weak to only Dragon.

Also, you mixed it up. Pearl has Dragon/Water, Diamond has Dragon/Steel.

Posted by The Judge

Overall I think I like the Diamond exclusives better though. :/

Posted by Roger Smith

Soon as I get myself a new DS, I'm getting both. I've been out of the Pokemans loop for a while so I think it's time I give it another shot.

Why is steel weak to fighting? DOESN'T MAKE SENSE

Posted by Roger Smith

Cuz a good Mega Punch from Hitmonchan will dent steel I guess.

Maybe if you're a thin plate of steel, not a hulking monster. Steel should be week to water and electricity.

Posted by Zeta

Why is Water resistant to Ice? Shouldn't that **** get frozen?

take an ice cube and run it under water. It melts.

Posted by Shade

Why are ghosts effected by anything? aren't they dead or something

Aren't they only weak to other ghosts and dark types? Kinda makes sense.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Affected by all specials and some physical. I'm speaking in RuSa/FRLG terms.

Oh, I kinda skipped those games.

Posted by cool gamer dad

All others before it, too.

I don't remember Ghosts being weak to anything else pre-GBA...

Posted by GameMiestro

I got Pearl because it was all EB Games had.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I don't remember Ghosts being weak to anything else pre-GBA...

Yeah, they're weak to only Dark and Ghost, but they can be affected by almost everything else.

Wait what

Oh, I was only talking about weakness. I TOLD YOU

Posted by The Judge

All those little weaknesses can be explained:

Fighting is supposed to be so powerful it can break steel.

Water is a form of ice, and resists being frozen.

Mind over matter.

When two ghosts land hits on each other, the effects are hardcore.

The one I DON'T understand, however, are psychic and ghosts weaknesses to dark type. Aren't ghosts evil in their own right?

Posted by Pit

casper wasn't evil